Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WRESTLEMANIA XX - Where is begins.... again! - SPOILERS NOW WELCOME! BE WARNED! GONG!

349 replies to this topic

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts

ivan5658:
Regardless of what happens at WMXX... Chris Benoit HAS to win the Championship... he has been dic**d around for too long by the WWE

My sig says it all...

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts

Darth_Bane:

Darth_Bane:
Regardless of what happens at WMXX... Chris Benoit HAS to win the Championship... he has been dic**d around for too long by the WWE

My sig says it all...

*HHH hits the pedigree in the opening minutes of the match to Bane's_Sig and its all over*...

JR: It has now been 26 minutes since HHH hit the pedigree but he has yet to go for a cover, Bane's_sig is still out cold

*HHH remembers about the jobber in the ring and casually stands on him, 1,2,3 and its all over*

JR: My god, what a war, in one of the closest matches of HHH's career, its finally over!

Y2Clay

Y2Clay

• Members
  • 480 posts

Grand Admiral Exodus:
Knowing the kind of guy Malenko is though, I think it's safe to say the Nidia's blindness was not one of his ideas laugh

Well sometimes mistakes happen, Exodus. I mean..he didn't mean to get her in the eyes with it, she just jerked back at the last second.

Really, Exodus, you of all people should know that mistakes happen.

:P

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts

Ixion:

Ixion:

Ixion:

My sig says it all...

*HHH hits the pedigree in the opening minutes of the match to Bane's_Sig and its all over*...

JR: It has now been 26 minutes since HHH hit the pedigree but he has yet to go for a cover, Bane's_sig is still out cold

*HHH remembers about the jobber in the ring and casually stands on him, 1,2,3 and its all over*

JR: My god, what a war, in one of the closest matches of HHH's career, its finally over!

You know whats really funny. I saw the best video-clip i've ever seen. Saw it at a friends house after the Rumble the other day.
HHH vs. The Ultimate Warrior @WMXIII or something like that.... a two minute match or something. In the first 15 seconds HHH nails a pedigree on Ultimate Warrior and he no sells it, just jumps right up. Then Squashes HHH... seriously, the funniest thing i've seen in ages... I swear if I was ever fighting HHH these days and I was given a pedigree, i'd be very tempted to do the same thing. Could be such a laugh!! Anyone else seen what i'm talkin about?

maedo

maedo

• Members
  • 2,946 posts
Yeah, I have it on my PC. That was when Hunter was scrawny as hell. A tad bigger than Spike... Pre-Juice.

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
yeah that was WM XII.... the return of the ultimate warrior... it wasnt the UW no-selling it... it was meant to put over the returning warrior... HHH was undefeated at the time.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,134 posts

ivan5658:

I completely agree with this. I mean, my God, the amount of times he won the title, only to have the decision reversed, the ref knocked out, whatever. I put up a post month or so ago, when Benoit wrestled Brock, asking if Benoit has something in his contract to never win the title. Brock was tapping. I would love to see Triple H tap.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I'm gonna celebrate when he taps like a little b*tch laugh

Okay to add to the rumored WrestleMania XX matches, we now have a rumor going around the net that we'll see Kurt Angle turn heel within the next month or so just in time to feud w/ Eddie Guerrero for WMXX. I like Kurt better as a heel so I think this rocks thumbs_u

Only downside is that this now shoots down the Ken Shamrock vs Kurt Angle speculation if it's true thumbs_d

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I can't see Triple H tapping out for someone in a million years. He won't even let anyone get a clean pin over him. But man would I love to see him tap out to the crossface. That would be the perfect end to Wrestlemania XX, and my respect for both the creative team and Triple H himself would skyrocket.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I wouldn't gain any respect for him, but I would gain some for creative & Vince for allowing it to happen. At this point, Triple H probably realizes that he needs to drop the belt in order to turn face, in order to regain some meager amount of his dwindled popularity...in hopes of regaining the belt & burying everyone again someday...probably again by this time next year if he has anything to do with it.

Okay & regarding Eddie vs Angle at 'Mania - where does that leave Chavo? Perhaps he'll beat Mysterio for the cruiserweight gold at No Way Out & go into the rumored cruiserweight battle royal at WMXX as defending champion.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,134 posts
Why can't they just leave Angle a face for a while?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Probably because of the choices of rivalries to throw him into...

Big Show - been there, done that. IMO it'll be Show & Cena in the near future, w/ Show passing on the never defended US title to Cena

A-Train - he could use being put over, but it's not WM caliber

Matt Morgan - same as above. Save this feud for later down the road IMO when Morgan isn't so green

Chavo - could have been possible, but I assume that they have plans for Chavo regarding the cruiserweight title

...I think Angle was doing so well as a heel before his untimely injury last winter/spring. I didn't like seeing him return as a face & lose fan support like he did. To me, that's indicative that his best role is that of a heel, especially considering that he's had to cut out some of his trademark moves from his arsenal to prevent risk of further injury.

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts

Grand Admiral Exodus:
Only downside is that this now shoots down the Ken Shamrock vs Kurt Angle speculation if it's true thumbs_d

Meh. thumbs_d thumbs_d

I assume heel Angle will feud with Goldberg for the Smackdown title. Assuming he isn't fired. Would be a shame if these 2 didn't have a match.

Haha HHH tapping out! Anything can happen in the WWe... except that.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
All I know for sure is that there has to be something in it for him if he agrees to tap out for Benoit. Liek a guarantee that he'll regain the title within X number of months or something under certain conditions (like Benoit laying down & totally jobbing to another Pedigree).

After all, Chris Benoit broke into the WWE by jobbing to Triple H on an edition of Smackdown! back in January 2000...his first match in the WWE, by the way. Not counting his short stint as the Pegasis Kid, that is... hmmm

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
I'm more inclined to believe the 4 Horsemen rumor, with Evolution turning on HHH during the match and Benoit turning heel and taking his place as their leader. That would be the only way for HHH to come out on top, to disgrace Benoits win with a cheating victory and put himself over as the face.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I don't object to that idea, except for the fact that WWE has gotten notorious about rehashing past storylines & whatnot. If it's true though that Arm Anderson hates Triple H & wouldn't allow a HHH-led stable to have that name, then who knows? Perhaps w/ HHH out & Benoit in, they could become the Horsemen. There you'd have Flair & Benoit already. Orton would serve another techincally skilled part of the group ala Tully Blanchard/Arn Anderson/Barry Windham, w/ Batista representing w/ brute strength ala Sid Vicious/Lex Luger.

It probably won't happen, but I suppose an angle like that would have it's high points. Benoit seems to work the mic a bit better as a heel IMO.

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
Yeah I prefer Benoit as a heel too. Thats not to say his face work sucks, but I would prefer if Benoit won the match on his own as a face and turn the next night on Raw. I just want to be able to cheer his victory.

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts
I hear ya. I agree with what's all been said here. Seriously, it's beyond overdue, I just think it's so dispicable that HHH brings over Benoit, purely to make him look good. Now, we all know that you can still look good and lose a match... yea? So that's very possible. And I dont care how much stroke Hunter has, I honestly believe that Vince will make him drop the title at WMXX to Chris. It's the only way you can look at it... otherwise this whole thing with Benoit moving over to RAW was pointless and buries him. What a waste of time. And if he wins he is a legit threat to HHH and others on the RAW roster, which is what is needed... Kane vs HHH. HHH vs. HBK. HHH vs Goldberg... it's all growing tiresome etc... so Benoit just adds another credible wrestler to the mix, especially if he wins close to cleanly over HHH.
If it ends in a tie... I am going to be beyond pissed, UNLESS, there is a clause that states HHH retains.
If Benoit wins via Evolutions help, by turning on HHH... I can deal with that, but we know that it's only to benefit HHH, which also makes Benoit look weak cause needs all this help etc... but yea, bottom line, Benoit still wins at WMXX.

I am thinking they will finally make a good call on this match though!

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
Benoit wins at WMXX... but i still believe it will be to shawn michaels.... i just have a feeling... HBK came out of the last man standin as a "winner". I see him taking that belt from HHH at the raw b4 NWO... maybe we see a heel turn by shawn(unlikely) by joining evolution...

Im a bit partial to this idea cause i would LOVE to see The Hitman come back at WMXX even if its for mone night only... he comes back and is in benoit's corner... and benoit gets the revenge on shawn michaels that bret so despretly wants... but cant get by wrestling cause of his injuries.

Im ahuge bret fan.. and a huge benoit fan... and i recent Shawn for the montreal screw job; hence why this story woyuld please me beyond beliefe....

Benoit making Shawn tap to the sharpshooter as bret looks on and cheers on..... PRICELESS

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I've only seen a few rumors regarding Bret Hart myself. Must admit though, he would be the perfect opponent for HBK at the perfect WM thumbs_u

I just don't know if there' been enough apologies by Vince to Bret & enough forgiveness from Bret to Vince for this to become a Reality.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts

ivan5658:
he comes back and is in benoit's corner... and benoit gets the revenge on shawn michaels that bret so despretly wants... but cant get by wrestling cause of his injuries.

Im ahuge bret fan.. and a huge benoit fan... and i recent Shawn for the montreal screw job; hence why this story woyuld please me beyond beliefe....

Benoit making Shawn tap to the sharpshooter as bret looks on and cheers on..... PRICELESS

That would be awsome! Brett Hart is my all time favorite wrestler.

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts
From the sounds of things Angle challenged Bret, but Bret said he couldnt wrestle... like the stroke and accident had too much of an effect on him. He couldnt do it.
He would be willing to say goodbye, i believe... but yea. No match looks likely.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
If he could (physically) referee a match (as was rumored for Y2J vs HHH at WMXVIII in Toronto), that would be good enough for me. I've seen Bret get hurt enough times. He's done all he has to do. He's jobbed the IC title to the Mountie at a show show w/ 105 degrees of fever. He's been knocked silly by Goldberg. He's wrestlers constantly while injured. But I say unless he's 100% confident in himself, there's no need for it. I'd hate to see Bret return as a mere shell of his old self. I'd rather he stayed out of wrestling w/ the exception of perhaps a referee role for a world title match at WM.

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
It would be great if he could referee the rumored Austin/McMahon match. He knocks em both out with a chairshot and announces "and the winner of the match is... Bret Hitman Hart!" Cue massive crowd pop. :D

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
Bret cant wrestle... he has said this MANY times.. .there is no chance of it.. and its a damm shame.. Bill Goldberg should be banned from wrestling for ending the career of IMO the GREATEST OF ALL TIME...anyway...

He has taken alot of beatings... i wouldnt want him refereeing... or even interfeering in the match; it would taint thw wolverine's win... Bret's precense alone is enough to make me tear up from joy... He is the BEST OF AL TIME... no one did it better... BY THEMSELVES...

Hogan was great; but he cant and couldnt wrestle for shi**, many others were great because of single matches that put them over, or their gimicks, or their oponents... Shawn would have never reached the status he has now had it not been for that ladder match, and bhis "underdog" character... Undertaker is great thanks to an amazing gimmick/character. The Rock still has to prove he has longevity... and he uisnt hal;f the wrestler bret was. Flair had a great character, and could put on good matches... he is the only one anyone could make a case for being better than Bret(all around). Bret did it himself... with GREAT wrestling, amazing selling of moves, awesome mic skills.... but what made him great was how fun to watch and interesting his matches were... He didnt become great because of a gimmick, or an oponent that made him better, or gimmick matches...Bret was great because plain and simply... HE WAS GREAT... Bret made wrestlers better... he would put ANYONE over... Shawn, Austin, Owen (may he R.I.P), Davey Boy Smith, Mr. Perfect, and many others.. .were made better by Bret.
No one did it like Bret.. .and no one ever will... He HAS to take part in wrestlemania XX, it just CANT be complete w/o him...

Reply to this topic