Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WRESTLEMANIA XX - Where is begins.... again! - SPOILERS NOW WELCOME! BE WARNED! GONG!

349 replies to this topic

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts
With the Royal Rumble just passing us... the Road to WrestleMania is officially in full swing...

Posted Image

What will WrestleMania XX bring and what's going to go down before it's occurance? Voice your thoughts and opinions here... but note; spoilers are welcome, but alert us to their presence, for some may want an unspoiled WrestleMania.

WWE PRESENTS:

THE GRANDADDY OF THEM ALL..

THE SHOWCASE OF THE IMMORTALS...

Posted Image

maedo

maedo

• Members
  • 2,946 posts
WrestleMania XX. Where HHH wins... Again.

Y2Clay

Y2Clay

• Members
  • 480 posts
Wrestlemania XX: The unthinkable happens. Goldberg jobs to Lesnar....in a 30 minute match. :P

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I ask just two things of WMXX, Matt Hardy gets a match and Mick Foley wins whatever match he is in. That will do. Oh and that Benoit beats the holy hell out of HHH and walks out with the gold. Three things.

Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be a great event.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts

Ixion:
I ask just two things of WMXX, Matt Hardy gets a match and Mick Foley wins whatever match he is in. That will do. Oh and that Benoit beats the holy hell out of HHH and walks out with the gold. Three things.

With that said, the following comes from wrestlingplanet.com:

The WWE creative team and Vince McMahon have been said to be high up on Matt Hardy’s current gimmick on RAW, despite what many people may think. The current word is that Hardy is due another push in a matter of weeks.

WWE management has big plans for Matt Hardy over the next several months. The writers had a hard time coming up with a storyline for him on RAW. They have since found interest in something and a big feud leading into WMXX is supposedly just around the corner.

COuld that be the answer to our Matt Hardy prayers? :D hmmm

Oh yeah...and here's a nice pic to sum up the what's gonna be awesome about WMXX:

http://www.wwe.com/i...228_img/1253751

thumbs_u

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts

Grand Admiral Exodus:

Grand Admiral Exodus:

With that said, the following comes from wrestlingplanet.com:

The WWE creative team and Vince McMahon have been said to be high up on Matt Hardy’s current gimmick on RAW, despite what many people may think. The current word is that Hardy is due another push in a matter of weeks.

WWE management has big plans for Matt Hardy over the next several months. The writers had a hard time coming up with a storyline for him on RAW. They have since found interest in something and a big feud leading into WMXX is supposedly just around the corner.

COuld that be the answer to our Matt Hardy prayers? :D hmmm

I pray to God thats true. angel

Niser

Niser

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
Ok so lets speculate on matches now for fun... I'd say

HHH vs Beniot World Title
Goldberg vs Lesnar WWE title
Orton vs Foley
Kane vs UT
These were kinda the obvious ones. As for the others...

Y2J vs Christian IC Title (Orton looses on the BIG RAW due to no PPV month, and from foley interferance. Also brings about the full circle end to the Trish/Y2J storyline in the form of the fued with the man that started it)

Matt Hardy vs HBK... well with the rumor of a big Hardy push, and I recall them saying Hardy could be a top guy. It seems HBK when not facing HHH has become the rubbing stone for young up and comers. Well in a way he has. It seems he always is in a match to give a young guy a good shot at moving up, even when they get the loss. This would be a good step for Hardy, and a good fued.

Batista/Flair vs Dudleys..... UGH Dudleys=STALE. Something needs to happen here. Either a Dudley turn heel, or breakup for a short time or SOMETHING. Hell I'd even take them building the fued on Batista and D-Von (ya know from when they were on SD!). In fact I'd rather see the titles on the line in a 3 or 4 team match up. Throw Rosey/Hurricane in there and maybe La Resistance.

Thats RAWs side, the only superstar I neglected to put anywhere is Booker T. Well, he is the only one Im coming up with.

SD! Id go with these...

Cena vs Big show US title... can use the fuel of Show throwing Cena over the top to be the fire here. Cena gets a higher push, and call me crazy but Big Show has done GREAT lately. Espically with Cena. Start the Show's face turn by letting him bust a freestyle of his own on Cena.

Bashams vs WGTT vs Anyone else I leave out...tag title throw away match.

Cruiserweight battle royal. All Crusiers not in a match already are in the match, including Misterio. Its given the full 20-30 mintues needed, high spots allowed even damnit! Pin or submission eliminates a person, winner is champ. Can be a great way to get Moore, or even one of Tajiri's peeps the title.

Angle vs..... A) would be Eddie. They keep having Angle do things that hurt eddie. First the trying to help, then the bringing in Chavo Sr. then the Angle Slam on SD!. BUT... SPOILERS ALERT
+
+
Ken Shamrock is in reports to be coming back to WWE to face Angle at WM. WOOHOO!!
+
+
+
END SPOILER ALERT

Thats about all I have for now as to what kind of card I want to see. SD! stars left off: Billy Gunn, Sean O'Hare... really no big names that I can think of.

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests
I am digging what Niser has spelled out, and it is similar to what i was thinking of. The only thing is that No Way Out happens first and one of the higher profile SD storylines could headline that.

Clearly they are setting upo Eddie vs. Angle, which would be awesome. Definitely worth AM, but they could use it for NWO.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts

Tank:
I am digging what Niser has spelled out, and it is similar to what i was thinking of. The only thing is that No Way Out happens first and one of the higher profile SD storylines could headline that.

Clearly they are setting upo Eddie vs. Angle, which would be awesome. Definitely worth AM, but they could use it for NWO.

Don't you mean wm? Am is naw

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
Man I hope that Shamrock vs Angle rumor is true. Eddie would give him a nice match, but you know, been there done that. Shamrock vs Angle has been a dream match of mine for YEARS!

Austin vs McMahon is another rumor I really hope comes true.

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests

Stallion:

Stallion:

Don't you mean wm? Am is naw

:o

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Shamrock vs Angle eh? To add to the possible truth of this is the rumor of SpikeTV wanting to bring in UFC. Shamrock has gone on record (not so recently) as saying he'd love to help UFC out if they get a major network deal, but has also stated that WWE is something he would love to do again. Furthermore, rumor has it that while Vince wouldn't mind the competition of UFC, he'd sign away anayone he could (like Shamrock or Ortiz) to take away steam from UFC.

I'm ready for the Battle of the Ankle Locks! :D

jedi bobs

jedi bobs

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
Here is what I have piced together so far.

Raw:

Undertaker vs Kane

World Title Match
©HHH [b]or[b] HBK vs Chris Benoit

IF HHH does not keep the title till Wrestlemania it will be HHH vs Rock

ROumor Mill also says it will be Randy Orton & Bathista vs The Rock and Sock Connection / Randy Orton vs Catus Jack

Trish Stratus vs Lita

A roumor for Wrestlemania is possable the Match of the night type affair in withc the Smarks will cream their paints

Ric Flair vs Ricky the dragon Steemboat

on the Smackdown side you have

WWE Title match
© Brock Lesner vs Goldberg

Cruserwight battle royal

Kurt Angle vs Eddy Gurrero or Bret Hart if he is able to go(doubtfull)

One of the Biggest roumors is a Cross promotional Match

Battle of the WWE Icons

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Hulk Hogan

This would be the BIGGEST money match in the 20 year history of Wrestlemania. The Man who made the WWE Hulk Hogan and the man who Saved the company from certian doom Stone Cold Steve Austin

It is perty mutch set that Hogan will be returning to the WWE one last time.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Take this for what it's worth...

...now even though WWE changes their house show cards like 50 times in advance before the actual day of the matches for each respective show, house shows the week after WMXX are slated to have World Heavyweight Champion Triple H defending the title against Kane. Of course that could change, but OMFG what if it doesn't? :mad:

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I think I would be more surprised to see Benoit beat HHH than if he lost. Backlash is RAW only and is in Benoit's hometown, so they might have him win a rematch there, but that would be absolutely pointless if you ask me. A heel should not win the main event of the biggest PPV ever, it just shouldn't happen. Benoit should beat HHH, then beat him again in a rematch at Backlash to make him look even better.

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests
Didn't you get the memo Ix? HHH doesn't lose.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts

Tank:
Didn't you get the memo Ix? HHH doesn't lose.

Cept to HBK and Goldberg, but he always will win it back.

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
God whats the point. Its only a matter of time before a crazy fan knifes HHH Monica Seles style. The sooner the better.

Y2Clay

Y2Clay

• Members
  • 480 posts
laugh thumbs_u

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts

Darth Dude:
God whats the point. Its only a matter of time before a crazy fan knifes HHH Monica Seles style. The sooner the better.

Shhh...you may reveal my master plan to the whole world!

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
Here are my predictions...

Somehow Shawn gets trhe belt from cripple H...

There has been talk that Bret HArt might want to take part in WMXX, and that he is on civil terms w vince. If this is so... why not have him in Benoits corner vs Shawn... sounds prety good to me. Shawn goes for the superkick after a missed flying headbut... benoit cathches the kick and slaps on the sharp shooter for the win...

HHH vs Edge... They bring back edge and have HHH be the mistery man taht attacked edge...(this might be unlikely cause cripple H would NEVER put a guy like edge over... and edge will prolly get a HUGE push once he come back)

Orton vs Foley in somse sort of BRUTAL match... (hardcore, hell in a cell... something)

Brock vs Goldberg (this will SUCK... goldberg is a piece of crap...)

rvd/y2j/christian/matt hardy in a fatal fourway ladder match(or elimination).. for the (IC title if orton loses it to y2j (or anyone) in the next couple of weeks)

Kane vs Undertaker(bad match.. .good for what it is.. the return of the dead man.)

Throw in a bad woman's title match

cruiserweight rumble (i guess since that seems to be the general consent)

angle vs eddie vs Cena for the US title that one of them will HOPEFULLY get from The big show... (they would probably throw that big bum in the match also to slwo things down and make it BAD)

Bashams somehow die in the event (who are they anyway and what the heck did they ever do to deserve what they have... they suck)

other tag match

Vince gets involved in the show somehow(obviously)... maybe w hogan??? (again... i know); unless he has finally realized that the buisness is aboput the wrestlers and not him.

I think that would be a GREAT card.... it prolly wont happen cause the wwe always finds way to mess things up... and of course... for this card to have any chance of resembling the actual WM card... HHH would have to lose the belt... and i believe that defies rules of nature... or so i have been led to believe...

maedo

maedo

• Members
  • 2,946 posts
My Prediction, they make Kane vs Undertaker the Main Event and it's a Hell in a Cell match.

Y2Clay

Y2Clay

• Members
  • 480 posts

ivan5658:
Here are my predictions...

Somehow Shawn gets trhe belt from cripple H...

There has been talk that Bret HArt might want to take part in WMXX, and that he is on civil terms w vince. If this is so... why not have him in Benoits corner vs Shawn... sounds prety good to me. Shawn goes for the superkick after a missed flying headbut... benoit cathches the kick and slaps on the sharp shooter for the win...

HHH vs Edge... They bring back edge and have HHH be the mistery man taht attacked edge...(this might be unlikely cause cripple H would NEVER put a guy like edge over... and edge will prolly get a HUGE push once he come back)

I dunno, that sounds exactly like something HHH would do. Attack the up and coming star on the other show just because he might also one day jeopardize his position in the company, then bury him when he comes back.

and even if Brett were to be invoolved in WMXX, I wouldn't want him involved in the title feud. We had that happen two years ago with HH/Jericho and Stephanie. Granted, it isn't either HHH or Stephanie at all with wwhat you suggested, but Brett's presence could overshadow Benoit in some ways, and the match should be about Benoit and his opponent, not who he has in his corner.

ivan5658

ivan5658

The Puerto Rican

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
Regardless of what happens at WMXX... Chris Benoit HAS to win the Championship... he has been dic**d around for too long by the WWE

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Okay rumor has it that Sable & Torrie will face Stacy & Jackie in what will be one of the worst WrestleMania matches in history - the 2-diva spread in Playboy will be either "on the line" or or the center of controversy for the two Raw divas not getting it. Also, it is rumored that a cruiserweight battle royal (w/ pinfalls & submissions) is in the works. It is also rumored that Dean Malenko will come out of retirement for one night to participate in the battle royal. I applaud him for the most part, as he is the head booker of cruiserweight matches & storylines.

Knowing the kind of guy Malenko is though, I think it's safe to say the Nidia's blindness was not one of his ideas laugh

Reply to this topic