Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Smackdown! (Whatever date -this week!) - SPOILERS AHEAD!! Be warned.... oooOoooOOOOOo

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts

Grand Admiral Exodus:
What's wrong w/ Bob Holly?

He is so bland, I've never been a big fan of his. He's nothing special in the ring either, although not horrible. He doesn't get much respect from me because he's infamous for being a prick in the ring and being stiff with everyone, like he did on Tough Enough. I bet he regrets being stiff with Lesnar now, and I'm sure he won't when they get in the ring together again, Lesnar will just to it back to him 10 fold.

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

Sith Lord of Crystal Lake

• 4,444 posts

Ixion:
I bet he regrets being stiff with Lesnar now, and I'm sure he won't when they get in the ring together again, Lesnar will just to it back to him 10 fold.

What happened between Holly and Lesnar. Did they fight for real?

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Holly was told by management to work stiff with Lesnar when Lesnar was new, last year sometime. Lesnar hurt someone because he wasn't thinking or something at a house show and Holly was the guy to teach him a lesson. Honest man, that crap is how it's done in the wrestling world it seems.

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
Finally caught the show... I will possibly post more details later, just the things that pop into mind...

Bashams as champ... meh. They better do something with it!

Paul Heyman! Good call and move... he makes it interesting... I hope he just comes out and does that stuff every so often! Nice call by the WWE there.

Uhh... Tajiri and his 'henchmen'... for now at least... that double rock-bottom type move was very nicely done! I get the feeling these guys are going to impress... especially if they go the Yakuza gimmick... The Japenese mafia against the FBI? The Italians, could be an interesting one...

The main event was pretty good. The chokeslam from the rop was great. Nicely done and well when it came down to it, it was played out nicely. Good 'acting' by all. Taker sold it all very well. Nice announcement of a match which i believe will deliever 10 fold!

But, did anyone else catch it? Right after Taker said "You got it all wrong, Brock isnt my opponent... You are, Vince!" and Tazz was yelling "Taker/Vince Buried Alive at Survivor Series"... did anyone else hear the crowd chanting "Holy S**T!" ?? Or was it just me. I'm pretty sure of it... looks like this match is just something everyone is wanting.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
10 to 1 the "Holy ****" reaction was 1 of 2 things...

1. It was piped in audio ... (kinda like a "laugh" sign on talk shows)

2. The audience actually did say "Holy ****" but it was because they were shocked at the suckitude of the announcement.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
Smackdown sucked this week for the simple reason it lack Mattitude damn it!

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts

Ixion:

Ixion:
What's wrong w/ Bob Holly?

He is so bland, I've never been a big fan of his. He's nothing special in the ring either, although not horrible. He doesn't get much respect from me because he's infamous for being a prick in the ring and being stiff with everyone, like he did on Tough Enough. I bet he regrets being stiff with Lesnar now, and I'm sure he won't when they get in the ring together again, Lesnar will just to it back to him 10 fold.

Bob Holly is old school. He's got the attitude of a seasoned veteran indy worker...hehe, funny condiering that he's been w/ WWE longer than anyone except 'Taker & Billy Gunn. His approach is just different from most other peoples - bust your ass in the ring, get the job done. As for being stiff, he only did what was asked of him. Just like Bradshaw & Faarooq did to Perry Saturn a few years ago...except it was recieved so well that they did it again on TV & made it into a storyline on TV.

Holly has some versatility, and I still say that he has one of, of not the best dropkick in the business. He sells at the expense of hurting himself (wrestling for 5 minutes w/ a broken arm to finish a match, furthering the damage & amount of time he'd be out of action for such). He is also, believe it or not, one of the more popular guys in the locker room for his approach. He's definitely a team player.

One more thing though...

quote:

...he's infamous for being a prick in the ring and being stiff with everyone, like he did on Tough Enough.

He's been around for about 12 years now, and has busted his ass the whole time to keep a spot in the company. I can see how he felt when he was put in a position to train guys who would have their oppertunity to be in his place literally handed to them by a few stints of training in the ring and some "workouts" that are IMO the equivalent of some off-season football workouts like bike riding & jogging. IMO he had a reason to be a little bitter about the situation.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts

quote:

quote:

quote:

...he's infamous for being a prick in the ring and being stiff with everyone, like he did on Tough Enough.

He's been around for about 12 years now, and has busted his ass the whole time to keep a spot in the company. I can see how he felt when he was put in a position to train guys who would have their oppertunity to be in his place literally handed to them by a few stints of training in the ring and some "workouts" that are IMO the equivalent of some off-season football workouts like bike riding & jogging. IMO he had a reason to be a little bitter about the situation.

He may have had a reason to be bitter but what he did was totally unprofessional and there is no excuse for it. Al Snow, and the rest weren't like that.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I'm not so sure that he would have, but I do know that a lot of WWE bass (including JR & Vince) had asked for a little agression from at least one of the trainers in multiple seasons of Tough Enough; Al specifically chose not to, as he said that he preferred being "neutral." I wouldn't have beleived that, but then sure enough during the last Tough Enough, here comes Hugh Morris acting exactly like Bob Holly, then comes right back into storylines w/ the exact same attitude he had from Tough Enough as a trainer unimpres

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,829 posts
Yah, they've generally had one tough guy, aka Bad Cop, on each of the seasons. Tazz, Bill DeMott, and Bob Holly, or were both Holly and DeMott from season 3? I know Chavo was there for the second season, but was there also a guy playing the tough guy role?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
That was DeMott (Hugh Morris). You're right about Tazz & season 1 - totally forgot; the article I read failed to single anyone out from season 1 as having been "instructed" to be a tough guy" & bust everybody's balls. They did say how easy it was to select Holly & DeMott, due to their outlook already about Tough Enough guys getting something so easily that they had to work for years to achieve. I'm sure those guys probably wouldn't have been so tough on the guys & girls if they hadn't been instructed to cut loose on them.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,829 posts
Wait, now that i think about it, Holly was the tough guy on season 2 he just gained notoriety for beating the crap out of the guy on TE 3. I remewmber now reading about how the season 2 guys thought that the TE3 guys were weak and whiny for complaining about the way Holly treated them.

Oh, and I'm not so sure that Tazz necessarily was told to be that rough. He may have been told to keep it up, but it seems like that is kind of who Tazz is inh this type of situation, at least. Undoubtedly, his tough attitude inspired the producers to get the other tough trainers in the later seasons.