Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Smackdown! (Whatever date -this week!) - SPOILERS AHEAD!! Be warned.... oooOoooOOOOOo

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
from wrestlingobserver.com:

We're looking for reports on last night's WWE show in White Plains as well as tonight's Smackdown TV taping in Albany, NY with results, percentage of buiding full, angles and everything else at dave@wrestlingobserver.com. The plan is for Smackdown to announce a new General Manager tonight and Paul Heyman is in the building and is the person scripted for the role.

Hehe I remember putting this prediction out there when Vince first started nagging at Stephanie to quit as GM. I think this is great, as Paul is one of the better non in-ring talents w/ a mic in hand, just like Eric Bischoff - but better IMO. I don't think I'm the only one here at Nightly who thought he would make the ideal replacement. Quite a nice breath of fresh air as opposed to the filtered-in crowd reactions for Stephanie. This is gonna be great... thumbs_u

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
It will be good to see him back, lets just hope it doesn't result in a Paul Heyman v Stephanie McMahon match for the SD GM role...

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,815 posts
score!

The return of Heyman...excellent!

although, Sable will be o so upset...it looed like she was up for the job...maybe we won't have to see her hanging on Vince every few minutes now...

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Maybe she'll be all over Heymans nuts..? hmmm

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Since Steph is gonna return soon enough, won't this leave a question mark as to Heyman's role afterward?

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*
  • Guests
i tried to stay away from spoilers about this but i couldnt resist and i'm not dissapointed. smackdown just got DAMN interesting.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,815 posts
Let's not think about that and enjoy Heyman while he's around.

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests
Since Austin vs. Bischoff week in and out seems to work so well, maybe they will try to do the same thing between Steph and Heyman.

It'll be interesting, cause in the begining SD had a FACE GM and RAW had a HEEL GM.

Niser

Niser

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
Hmmmmmm didn't I just read a report that roster trades would start soon? Something tells me we can expect to see RVD, Dudleys, Storm, and maybe a few others get traded to SD! and somehow Paul will do what he does best. Try to recreate ECW. Come on, don't you see it? Its something that gets MAJOR pops no matter what. (I was at the RAW that this happened, and the place went nuts and half of the peeps hardly knew of ECW). It has the inherit, ECW vs WWE deal though hopefully it won't be a focal point. And then when Stephanie returns, she returns as a heel and takes over for Vince who leaves after SS.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts

Tank:
Since Austin vs. Bischoff week in and out seems to work so well, maybe they will try to do the same thing between Steph and Heyman.

Good idea.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Paul Heyman! thumbs_u thumbs_u :D

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
This sounds good! I read the really crappy report they put up of the whole night... but yea... read like a damn fine show!

I'm gonna make this the Smackdown! thread this week and i'll put a spoiler tag on it. So yea, feel free to talk about it...

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
Since there is a spoiler warning in the thread title I think its ok to post this..

Bashams are the new tag champions...why oh why oh why?!

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
I agree, I just dont believe them to be that dominating... like they are really forcing them down our throats... like you said... why? Meh... i cant even tell them apart... which is good for a little while, but just like La Resistance, I wanna know individuals...

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Okay if you read the spoilers then you know what's gonna happen on Thursday already, but I have to suggest something here given the events that took place:

- Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty return
- Hardcore Holly returns
- The Bashams (young up & comers, which Heyman is always high on giving oppertunities to when he's in a position of creative control) win the tag titles
- Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit, arguably the best two talents on Smackdown w/ a history of putting on classic matches, seem to be beginning a rivalry
- Jimmy Yang & Ryan Sakoda, after their debut at No Mercy, are on Smackdown at Tajiri's side
- Oh yeah...and Paul Heyman is back as GM

Okay, it has not been determined whether or not Paul has or is going to have any creative control. Remember, just because we haven't seen reports on the internet indicating such does not mean that he doesn't or won't have any creative say so. Which brings me to this weeks Smackdown, the events that are said to take place which look like we're going to get a very entertaining Smackdown (moreso than usual) and of course Paul Heymans presence - a coincidence perhaps? Or did Paul, in fact, book some of this stuff himself? IMO some of the stuff that takes place seems like a departure from the normal Smackdown routine...well, besides 'Taker dominating & the rumored Vince vs 'Taker Buried Alive Match that was announced. Anybody think that Paul Heyman is contributing to the creative staff for Smackdown? I for one think it's highly possible... hmmm

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,815 posts
I'd love it if Heyman had some creative control going on.

Did anyone else notice that when he was relieved of that duty before, that that show went drastically in etnertaining quality?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
You bet I did...which is why I say "hmmm" to the fact that the spoilers indicate something so far from what we've been watching hmmm

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Heyman back on tv as GM: thumbs_u

SPOILER AHEAD...

Vince once again in the main event in the Undertaker/Vince buried alive match: thumbs_d

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts

quote:

Vince once again in the main event in the Undertaker/Vince buried alive match: thumbs_d

Actually, now this match I dont have a problem with... it's actually decent, unlike the I quit match which was just terrible and they'll work the angle where Steph never said I quit and what-not... just stupid!

But this could be potentially very good!

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
The spoilers from Tuesday say that tonight, Bob "Hardcore" Holly is gonna call out/issue a challenge to Brock Lesnar - that sure beats the rumored "Tough Enough feud" scheduled w/ that one guy Matt. Holly has been busting ass for years. He sat on the sidelines at WM18 while guys like Hogan & Scott Hall waltzed in & got high-profile matches after just a month off their "name value," while Holly worked his ass of for years & got nothing; he spoke out about this in a WWE.com interview & it was downright sad, you just couldn't help but feel for the guy. He has gotten injured & returned so many times it's unbelievable. Other than Billy Gunn & Undertaker, Holly has stuck w/ WWE & been around longer than anyone else in the company.

Is he finally gonna get a pay-off? Some sort of high-profile match w/ Brock Lesnar? If Benoit & Angle are gonna go at it (as the spoilers indicate), then they'll probably duke it out at Survivor Series. 'Taker has Vince - so who does Brock face? Could it be Hardcore Holly? I'd say he's more than payed his dues & would deserve this oppertunity. thumbs_u thumbs_u

And if Heyman is doing any of the booking, I'd say you can almost bank on Holly getting an oppertunity like this! thumbs_u

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests
If Taker gets buried alive, that sets up a return of the REAl Deadman.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
That was one of the best Smackdowns I can remember in recent memory! Other than the last couple of 'Taker segments dragging out, I personally would call it perfect:

- First segment sucked as long as Vince had the mic & talked about his "rod" unimpres but then Paul Heyman arrived & things picked up

- Benoit & Angle getting into it & fighting w/ each other = excellent. I dunno if there's gonna be a triple threat title match at Survivor Series, or these guys are gonna slug it out 1-on-1, but this is awesome. Whoever thought of pairing these two up again (and I suspect it's Heyman) is a genius

- Rikishi & Scotty got a nice reaction & it's great to see that the crowd still pops like crazy over their respective signature spots. This is great for their tag team division thumbs_u

- Awesome tag title match - that last spot w/ the switch between Doug & Danny, the missed frog splash, and the shot w/ the illegal object on Eddie was great. Some people say the Bashams didn't deserve to win the tag titles so soon...well, look at Haas & Benjamin. They recieved the same criticism & they were excellent. I say give em some time & they'll grpw on us. A little more mic time & a bit more of WWE dedicating more time to the developement on their characters (preferably in the ring rather than backstage)

- I like how Tajiri gets his own little guys in suits to whoop ass for him, and knowing that one of them is Jimmy Yang is cool 'cause that dude can wrestle thumbs_u . I also love how they're hyping Tajiri's mist & putting it over as being dangerous. Nice touch w/ Jamie Noble too, he could use a bit pf a push & I wouldnt be surprised to see him snag the cruiserweight title from Tajiri eventually

- The Hardcore Holly segment is interesting. It looks like he's got a significant role against Brock Lesnar upon his return & I can't argue w/ that - he has paid his dues for quite a while. I hope he's built up a bit & gets a match w/ Brock at Survivor Series - no main event by WWE's standards, but it'd be a nice oppertunity for Bob Holly

- 'Taker stuff was okay, but TOO DAMN LONG. IMO it made the rest of the show a little weak. Once again, too much build-up for a McMahon storyline. I don't know or care where this angle is going, it shouldn't be the focal point of the show. This is not 1998 & 'Taker is not Steve Austin - get it Vince? You cannot cash in on the success of Austin vs McMahon damnit, so stop making yourself the top heel on a show full of great talent thumbs_d Jesus...we've got amazing technical wrestlers & crusierweights, plus some very skilled ameature wrestlers on the roster, but who'se gonna lead WWE to the op of the ratings ladder? Why - none other than Vincent Kennedy McMahon thumbs_d puke

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I can't say I'm very excited about Smackdown this week. Having your US and WWE champions lose at the same time to 1 guy is stupid, and the Bashams as tag champions is ridiculous as right now they come across as nothing but jobbers. At least TWGTT had Angle and Heyman for rub, so fans knew they were important, and they had their amatuer wrestling to fall back on.

Bob Holly returning? No thanks. No Matt Hardy? Pffft!

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
What's wrong w/ Bob Holly?

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Ummm... why hasn't any said that the creative staff is just doing Austin/Vince but adjusted for Undertaker/Vince? How lame can you get. By the way, I give all props to Zack Gowen. Zack got into the WWE and is somehow garning somekind of following. But really, I feel bad for saying this but I saw his match last night and laughed the whole time. One legged man in an ass kicking contest. :lol: Like I said I give him props for guts and stuff, but come on... nuff said.