Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RIP Road Warrior Hawk

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
Link

We have some very very sad news to report today and that is that Road Warrior Hawk has passed away. He passed at approximately 1:30AM this morning in his sleep.

Hawk was born on January 26th and we believe he was just 46 years old.

He had just sold his condo and was scheduled to move into his new home in Florida today. His wife Dale said he was going to lay down for a while, he didnt feel well.

When we get more details, we will pass them along.

Mike has been a good friend of ours at the site for several years now. This is such sad news for me and the rest of the wrestling world. Mike will always be known as a class act in the business and will be missed. On behalf of all of us at this website, we send out condolences to the family and friends of Mike. We are really at a loss for words right now.

:(

Posted Image

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I'm glad I got to see him in action one last time on Raw recently. RIP Hawk

The Incoharent Jedi

The Incoharent Jedi

INTERNET FREEDOM FIGHTER

• Members
  • 7,211 posts
i grew up with the road warriors

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
Or the Legion of Doom. Animal was my favourite but still, r.i.p. indeed.

Y2A

Y2A

Bow Down to the Bling

• Members
  • 6,982 posts
RIP, Hawk.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
RIP! Two tributes the week for RAW now!

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
It was cool to see LOD on RAW a few months back, I'm glad they got that last chance to perform together in the WWE.

http://www.wwe.com/m...3/05/13/1219873

Legion of Doom were without doubt one of the greatest Tag Teams ever in pro wrestling, and Hawk can be proud of the record he leaves behind. NWA, WCW, AWA and WWF tag team champion says it all.

And the Doomsday Device shall always be the greatest tag finisher of all time!

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
I love the Road Warriors! Man this is a sad shock.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,147 posts
Man, I didn't see this one coming. What a shame. The Road Warriors were deemed the greatest tag team of all time. I don't think that anybody can take that title away. The only team to win World Tag Team belts in the AWA, NWA and WWF. RIP Hawk.

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

• Members
  • 148 posts
yet another guy in his mid 40's - early 50's dieing becuase of 1980/90's steroid abuse

:(

I HOPE these young guys are watching all these guys drop off like flies

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
RIP

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,813 posts
what a SHAME. i grew up watching these guys back in the day. RIP Hawk, you'll be missed.

jedi-steve

jedi-steve

• Members
  • 957 posts
oh man, another one gone. he will br miss!

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

smarter than the average bear

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
RIP HAWK!

May L.o.D live on in nAw!

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Go here for a full story

http://www.startribu...66/4165670.html

Chris Oakley

Chris Oakley

• Members
  • 4,806 posts
The best LOD match I ever saw was an anything-goes bout they had against the Nasty Boyz at Boston Garden in late '91.
Count me among those upset to hear Hawk's no longer with us. cry

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
Click

Check out the above interview with Animal.

I liked this:

Something that bothered Mike was that Vince McMahon never accepted his calls. Hawk wanted to call him up and be a man's man, say what had to be said. Vince and Hawk had some falling outs over the years, there’s no question about that; but Hawk was ready to put it behind them, and both sides could have benefited from giving the relationship another try. It wasn’t to be; but well, he'll get the last laugh now, brother! He's up there with Owen and Stu looking down. They’ve got (Brian) Pillman, Davey Boy, Curt Henning… Let me tell you something, they have a better territory up in heaven than anywhere down here right now, Hawk's going to make good money up there! (laughs)