Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fans show distate over TV-time hogging McMahons! (Small 10/16 Smackdown spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
From Wrestlezone:

quote:

There was a segment at the SmackDown! tapings last night where Michael Cole did a 'pre-taped' interview with Stephanie McMahon. She basically talked about how she loved her father, but also hated him for the things he did. This interview went on for approximately 20 minutes. The live crowd inside the arena was booing the roof off the building as well as chanting "We want wrestling" and "This is boring". It's simply amazing that this weeks SmackDown! show will be about an hour of wrestling and the other hour will be all McMahon's.

We were told that about 30 people actually got so ticked off at what they paid to see that they actually got up and walked out of the building. If this isn't a sign to WWE to get the McMahon's off TV and actually push some decent 'talent', then I and just about everyone else don't know what is. Unfortunately, The McMahon's own the company and are going to continue to 'force feed' us stuff most of us don't want to see or don't care about, hence the Stephanie/Vince match at No Mercy this Sunday.

It's so awesome that fans did that. Lord knows whether this will actually open Vince eyes to the fact that fans AREN'T paying money to see him and his family in the ring constantly (I honestly don't think it will), but it's still great to see fans standing up for wrestling and letting it be known clearly that we do NOT want to see the battle of the McMahons any longer.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Great stuff!!

Unfortunately, it'll go ignored.

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts
Nothing ever seems clear to Vince. I mean he does know what to do... maybe 2 years ago, but damn! Listen to what is needed... they have Paul Heyman reading to return and yet he probably wont be in any storyline nor are they utilising his writing skills... it's terrible, just plain terrible!

Something does need to change with the McMahons. Wrestling had it's little slow period a while back and we were just starting to get out of it and things are starting to get good again. Dont ruin it!!! There is too much of a good thing

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Hehe I'd rather watch Bradshaw vs A-Train than see Sable in the ring sticking her tongue down Vince's throat and his down her throat. Jesus Christ - I wonder how the hell Linda McMahon & Marc Mero feel about this.

As for the spoiler, it's no surprise. Everything Stephanie McMahon related recently has been nothing but filtered in crowd pops to drown out the boo's. Even her "fans signs" have been planted - I've seen the same sign every week for the last month, or the same picutre on a different sign w/ something differnt written on it.

I've said this a million times - I'd f*ck Stephanie McMahons brains out any day of the week, but she's just boring as hell on TV. It's wrestling, not a family soap opera. Go home & play w/ Hunters ding dong damnit so he'll stay home w/ you and we can have decent storylines on both Raw & Smackdown minus you two!

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts
The problem is, they've realised that RAW is more of a success than Smackdown! because Smackdown! was the 'wrestling' show... where is was wrestling driven, and RAW had the big stories etc... but they figured since RAW is good, they'll turn Smackdown! into RAW as well, and make it very soap-opera to compensate for the loss of a couple months.

you know, i dont mind the soap opera stuff, if it's done right! But damn, Linda cant act. Steph is WAAAAY out-of-proportion, which is a turn-off. Vince is actually very good, but he is just a little out of it at the moment. And well Shane... he can take the lime-light for all I care. He performs!

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Vince is good, but only in small doses. Yeah his fued with Austin lasted a while and no one tired of that (the first time at least), but let's face that was more because of Austin than Vince. I don't mean to take anything away from Vince there, his character certainly helped make that storyline such a success, but in the end it was Austin who was the draw. Nothing will ever come close to that fued, so now McMahon's over the top, egotistical owner character is only good when used once in a while. He's been around for so long now that it's just plain boring to me. After the Austin/McMahon fued, Vince used to know when it was time to take a break from tv for a few months at a time. Not anymore though.

As far as Shane goes, at this point in time I believe he's the only McMahon who should be on tv. Even in Shane's case though, he's being pushed too much. I like him on tv, but it's not fair that he gets a two month fued with Kane while other talent is sitting on the backburner.

Panda Mime

Panda Mime

• Members
  • 119 posts
See the problem isn't really the focus on the McMahons... the problem is that they thought it was okay to have a 20 minute interview when they book the average match to last 5 minutes.

Rider on the Storm

Rider on the Storm

• Banned Users
  • 5,024 posts
I disagree with Mr. Solo. No McMahon should be on Tv especially Shane. RAW isn't watchable anymore due to Shane's endless appearences.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts

Rider on the Storm:
I disagree with Mr. Solo. No McMahon should be on Tv especially Shane. RAW isn't watchable anymore due to Shane's endless appearences.

I actually don't mind Shane when he is around a few weeks once or twice a year. It's Linda that is the worst. Vince is good in small bits but not all the stinkin time. BTW, 20 minute interview is crap. Lets watch a Eddie vs. Matt Hardy any day.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,804 posts
Yeah, I cringed when I read about that interview.
That is just pathetic. Vince is good as ass hole owner and in the background, and stephanie was also great as GM when she first showed up in that role...back when she showed up every so often to book matches...or was in backstage segments a lot, but it all made sense for her to be there..okay maybe not great, but she was fine in that role. Linda...well she can show up once every few months as far as I care. Let her show up to get pummeled by someone like Kane. Let her make some major announcement over the GM's heads, whatever. One-shots by her are fine for that stuff, but no more than that. Shane, well he's entertaining, but still shouldn't be dominating, unless he sticks around to wrestle for a long time in the undercard also, then a nice big feud would be great, but since his matches rely on crazy stunts, that's not going to happen much..so I'm iffy on how they should utilize him.

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts
the only reason I am ok with Shane is because he does entertain. I mean he puts it all on the line, every time. i imagine he wont stick around too long... they are just continuing this so they can just build Kane that much more... and make Shane look psychotic! Also, Shane is wrestling at house shows every night, so it's not like he is being all high and mighty... he is paying his dues... (yea, i know...)

As for the title on this subject - small spoiler... hehe... from what I hear the interview was hardly small, infact I take it as this interview is the whole of smackdown!

Thomas Alan

Thomas Alan

Master Debator

• Banned Users
  • 25,965 posts

Panda Mime:
See the problem isn't really the focus on the McMahons... the problem is that they thought it was okay to have a 20 minute interview when they book the average match to last 5 minutes.

That is amazing isn't it?

Typhoon

Typhoon

• Members
  • 215 posts
take everyone of but Shane! Stephanie is Fat..Vince and Linda are BOORING! and Shane performs I dont care that he has a big fued with Kane as long as I dont have to see Vince and Stephanie!(I only watch Raw so its all good for me)