Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wrestling History and HHH's Rock envy!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Niser

Niser

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
First part, are there any wrestling "history" sites out there that can back me up on this? This being...

Anyone notice the huge amount of envy HHH seems to have for Rock?!? Some simple points to be made now.

1) The Rock turns on the leader of his stable and kicks him out while taking the leading role. Shortly thereafter HHH does the same.

2) Rock wins the IC title and has many great fueds over it. Ending fued I think was with HHH, where HHH wins it and from there the IC title went down hill.

3) Rock really brought the stable back into existance. HHH later on formed the DX army and fueded with Rock's stable. (Ok this one is iffy at best, but really Rock seemed to bring the focus to the stable as a whole, DX later went farther with it... and won on the cool factor here)

4) Rock goes on to win World title. Many great fueds ensue. One of which is with HHH, whom after winning the title and having a decent fued with it slowly drags it down yet again. Rock truly was atop of the WWE when it was at its height and once HHH became the main champ it went downhill. (Ratings, qualitiy, everything it seems)

5) Rock becomes hollywood superstar. HHH is now trying to make the same jump.

Anyone else seeing the pattern of HHH being 1 step behind Rock, and seemingly bringing everything down when he gets close to Rock status?

Of course most of this is off memory not hard facts so feel free to knock any of the things I stated. The only thing HHH has over Rock is being the only heel to retain at WM, and being a grand slam winner whereas Rock isn't.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,829 posts
I definitely see the same thing, Nier. I don't really know about some of that stuff since it was before I started to watch, but just recently, it has appeared that way.

Y2A

Y2A

Bow Down to the Bling

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Niser:
1) The Rock turns on the leader of his stable and kicks him out while taking the leading role. Shortly thereafter HHH does the same.

Triple H did it first though Rock and Farooq were already uneasy with eachother. And he didn't kick HBK out. He just reformed DX with him as leader after HBK was going to be out for a while.

Niser

Niser

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
Ahhh ok see I couldnt remember who formed first. Tho HHH did kinda kick HBK out storyline wise with the whole dropping the ball deal. It was offical and he didn't beat him down to get rid of him but it was an underlying tone

Typhoon

Typhoon

• Members
  • 215 posts
what stable was Rock in..I was watching wCw at this time

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
The lovely Nation of Domination: Faarooq, Rock, D'Lo Brown, The Godfather, & Mark Henry. JC-Ice & Wolfie D (I forget their tag team name) used to be members as well, rapping to the NOD theme song when Faarooq would come to the ring.

Faarooq was the guy who started the stable by bringing in Crush & Clarence Mason, Crush's attourney (sp?) who brought Crush back to the WWF. Then Savio Vega turned heel & joined, as did Ahmed Johnson. Eventually Faarooq cast them all out, and proclaimed a bigger, badder, & blacker NOD would soon be born. It started off as just him & D'Lo, then came Rock a few weeks later, then Godfather, then Mark Henry.

I liked them as a stable; as different as DX & NOD were, they all complimented each other in some way. They had many interesting stable matches, but the two rivalries that hilighted the NOD vs DX battles were Rock & HHH's IC title matches, and the European title matches between D'Lo & X-Pac during the entire summer of '98.

Those were the good ole' days... thumbs_u

Niser

Niser

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
Lets not forget Owen Hart became a part of the Nation after Rock took over. HEHE that was a funny time, espically when DX imiated the Nation.

"And what's with this damn outfit? I look like a road sign!"

Y2A

Y2A

Bow Down to the Bling

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Niser:
Ahhh ok see I couldnt remember who formed first. Tho HHH did kinda kick HBK out storyline wise with the whole dropping the ball deal. It was offical and he didn't beat him down to get rid of him but it was an underlying tone

Yeah, I suppose you're right about that.

Niser:
Lets not forget Owen Hart became a part of the Nation after Rock took over. HEHE that was a funny time, espically when DX imiated the Nation.

"And what's with this damn outfit? I look like a road sign!"

:D thumbs_u

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I can't f*ckin' beleive I forgot that Owen joined the Nation. My fav memories of Owen w/ the Nation were his triple threat matches against HHH & Ken Shamrock, fresh off of Shamrocks King of the Ring victory in 1998 - a battle of the kings, it was called.