Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1st Annual RAW vs. Smackdown Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Let's put the top 10 head-to-head and see what happens.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
All votes and no replys?

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Okay.

Here's how I voted and why:

Goldberg vs Lesnar - I chose Lesnar because he's a better technical wrestler and he's a little better on the mic (but not by much).

Eddie vs RVD - Eddie. Again, better wrestler (I can't get over the lameness of RVD's mat offense) and better persona.

Kane vs Undertaker - I chose Kane here. Undertaker is probably the better wrestler, but he's getting old and Kane is more exciting to me at this point. Both are good company men, but I've not seen the politics from Kane that I have Taker.

Y2J vs Chris Benoit - Not sure how to take this one. If its strictly from a Stu Hart/technical wrestling standpoint, I'd have to go with Benoit. But I take it as meaning a fued between two big-name guys who came from Hart's dungeon, I have to go with Y2J. More charisma, and a competent wrestler in his own right.

Ric Flair vs Kurt Angle - Right now: Flair. But one day this will be Angle. He's a better wrestler, but not quite as good as Ric with the persona and the mic. Ric is also a very good wrestler to boot.

HBK vs Spanky - HBK. And I don't think I really need to say why.

Mark Henry vs Rhyno - Rhyno. No contest.

Rosie vs Big Show - Eh. Ya know, right now I actually chose Rosie over the Big Slow (cause I think he's more entertaining)

Hurricane vs Rey Miserio Jr. - Hurricane. Rey's a good wrestler, but I'm just not a fan of midgets.

Randy Orton vs Cena - Cena, easy. Better on the mic, better wrestler. Cena is one of those heels that is so good, people cheer for him. Very few can come do that (Flair, Austin, Rock)

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I Went:

Lesnar - Much better in the ring and mic skills developing well

Eddie - RVD is my favourite guy on RAW, but Eddie is like the hottest property in Wrestling right now, he's on fire.

Undertaker - I hate the Kane character since they removed his mask, which is why I picked Taker.

Chris Jericho - Benoit is stuck in limbo right now, they are wasting him on a feud with A-Train for some unknown reason, and Jericho is pretty damn cool anyway.

Kurt Angle - Right now its Angle because Flair is past his peak, but if this were looking at their whole careers, obviously it would be Flair.

HBK - I don't know why anyone would pick Spanky over him right now, he is hardly on Smackdown.

Rhyno - I'm not a big fan of either, but Rhyno at least can put on a good brawl whereas Henry can't do anything.

Big Show - Rosie's gimmick is funny, but without it he is nothing. Big Show sucks, but he has had some decent matches in the past.

Rey Mysterio Jr. - Hurricane is cool, but Rey is the best cruiserweight in the world bar none, in fact he is one of the greatest pro wrestlers alive.

Cena - I don't like either, but Cena can do more on the mic and has at least been involved in a couple of good matches with Taker. I can't even remember a good Orton match.

I wouldn't include all these guys on the top 10 of each brand either. Spanky, Mark Henry, Rhyno, Rosie? I'd of compared The Worlds Greatest Tag Team with the Dudleys, and Lance Storm and Matt Hardy.

Panda Mime

Panda Mime

• Members
  • 119 posts
Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar | Because Lensar's the future and Goldberg the past.

Eddie Guerrero vs RVD | Because RVD bugs me.

Kane vs Undertaker | Because Undertaker should retire at Wrestlemania XX and the man to retire him is Kane.

Y2J vs Chris Benoit | Because Jericho has more marketability than Benoit.

Ric Flair vs Kurt Angle | Same reason as Goldberg/Lesnar.

HBK vs Spanky | Because Spanky does not have a marketable gimmick/name.

Mark Henry vs Rhyno | Because Rhyno should have been and should be one of the top heels.

Rosie vs Big Show | Because the Superhero Sidekick gimmick assumes me.

Hurricane vs Rey Mysterio Jr. | Because it'd be face versus face and Hurricane doesn't lose fan popularity when he offers the well done handshake post match.

Randy Orton vs John Cena Double DQ | Because these two are the future and need a heavily built feud and fan support. This match up should not to be wasted as a filler.

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests
Now THIS would be a PPV I'd buy.

Typhoon

Typhoon

• Members
  • 215 posts
Goldberg,they wouldnt ruin Goldbergs Winning Streak like that..

Y2J..I like both but I think Y2J would come on top.

HBK..it would be stupid to have Spanky win!

Big Show..I dont know why..

Rhyno..faster than Henry

Hurricane..It would be a great match I like Rey ALOT even more than the Hurricane but I really think Hurricane would get this one

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
I can't believe I forgot Matt Hardy. :o :mad:

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,155 posts
Where are the tag teams? You have to have tag team matches. You have the World Champs facing each other, what about the World Tag Team Champs? Currently, Los Guerreros vs. The Dudley Boys. Also, you should stick with champion vs. champion. Intercontinental champion vs. U.S. champion - RVD vs. Eddie Guerrero. Oh wait, you have it that way already. Okay... blush Anyway, tag teams. How about Jindrak & Cade vs. The Basham Brothers? And what about the women? How about Women's champion Molly Holly vs. Torrie Wilson? Or a women's tag team match of Molly & Gail Kim vs. Torrie & Nidia?

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts

quote:

Benoit is stuck in limbo right now, they are wasting him on a feud with A-Train for some unknown reason

That's what a lot of people said back in May/June of 2000 when he was stuck in a fued w/ Rikishi...but look what happened to him from July to September that year - on/off rivalry w/ world champ The Rock. Perhaps he's near the front of the line in world title contendership & this is how they're passing the time, by getting somebody over real quick w/ Benoit. Just a guess...

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts

Grand Admiral Exodus:

quote:

Benoit is stuck in limbo right now, they are wasting him on a feud with A-Train for some unknown reason

That's what a lot of people said back in May/June of 2000 when he was stuck in a fued w/ Rikishi...but look what happened to him from July to September that year - on/off rivalry w/ world champ The Rock. Perhaps he's near the front of the line in world title contendership & this is how they're passing the time, by getting somebody over real quick w/ Benoit. Just a guess...

Word is he is set to fued against Lesner after No Mercy.