Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Did anyone catch Smackdown 10/02??

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I thought this was a damn good show & I had to ask if anyone even watched it, due to the lack of the usual preview thread followed by posts.

- Tajiri vs Kidman delivered

- Eddie Guerrero vs Matt Hardy delivered

- Chalie Haas vs Chris Benoit delivered

- Cena/Lesnar vs Angle/Taker delivered

Overall a good show. The stuff w/ Big Show & diareah (sp?) was hillarious IMO, but the sound effects were far from perfect. So was the idea of Eddie hanging around to smell that crap just to remind Show that he had no toilet paper. And what was up w/ that totally over-dressed "Mexican guy" that gave Show the burrito? How much must one stress that he is Mexican? Do WWE really take us for being that stupid that we can't tell a Mexican when we see one? AHHHH!

Anywa storylines were advanced & no complaints here. Shelton Benjamin returns in 2 weeks (great to hear), Cena pins Angle = excellent, A-Train vs Benoit at No Mercy is something I can agree with.

So...anyone else watch Smackdown! this week?

Panda Mime

Panda Mime

• Members
  • 119 posts
I turned it on when Vince was fighting Stephanie. Steph's "Chyna" look turned me off and I'm never up for watching Vince... so I changed the channel.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
Eddie v Matt was AWESOME. Both guys on top form, the crowd was way into it and it had a great finish. I really hope it starts a feud between the two, and they don't just blow it off and have Eddie feud with Big Show hmmm

The rest of the show was decent, obviously expect Vince/Steph stuff.

You know, the lack of response these Smackdown threads get makes me really wonder what kind of fans are on these boards. Who wouldn't want to see matches like Eddie and Matt had this week, RAW only has matches that good every couple of months or something but Smackdown almost always has at least 2 great matches a week. It always seem me and Grand Admiral Exodus are the only ones who enjoy Smackdown, and its such a great show. Do fans just follow all the big names they have on RAW?

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
No kidding - Smackdown hasn't gottten a huge response around here very often except back in the summertime when the US title was up for grabs. This is the best wrestling show of the two IMO & according to pretty much every wrestling columnist in both magazines around the world & across the entire internet.

Is there really that much more to choose from on Thursday nights than I'm aware of..? Even if that were the case, I'd pick Smackdown over anything else on. You'd have to stick Lita & Trish Stratus naked on a bed in a lesbian scene on national TV to get me to turn Smackdown off

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*
  • Guests
haas dropped benoit on his repaired neck, that wasnt good. angle flipped out of the ring and hit his head TWICE on the same fall. then brock fell on his head too. DAMN! poor big show. i thought the vince and stephanie stuff was great, cant wait for that match. good show this week except cena pinning angle. god cena is going to be schooled at no mercy.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,836 posts
I really would watch Smackdown, but it is just hard to sometimes. I also watch Survivor and CSI and if osmething comes up as it did this week, I'm going to record those shows instead of Smackdown...

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I try to get into it but find it very difficult to. I just enjoy Raw more. Well, that is when I'm watching at all. I've taken a break from the WWE, I've just gotten tired of the lackluster shows on both ends.

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
I caught the last match. I was watching 'A Beautiful mind'... quite an interesting movie!!

Anywho, the tag match main event was quite nice..> Taker is SOOOOO over!!

Some little nasty spots in that match though. Angle over the ropes was very nice, he didnt even touch the ropes to slow him down!

And Brock head-plant into the ground. heh...

nice last match, chokeslam through the table... this should be a really nice match to watch, methinks!

Panda Mime

Panda Mime

• Members
  • 119 posts
As for what type of fans are here:

Personally I'd love to watch Smackdown and RAW often... but just good matches mean **** to me. Pro Wrestling is as much about storyline as it is about mat wrestling and high risk spots. I haven't been interested in a WWE storyline in months and so I don't waste my time watching a match or entire show if I don't care about the out come of either. I have to fight for TV time on Mondays and Thursdays. Monday it's NFL, Thursday it's CSI.

My all-time favorites, superstars and storylines... (no particular order)

Kurt Angle
Chris Jericho
Ric Flair
original "Hulkamania" Hulk Hogan
Mick Foley/Mankind, although I really had to warm up to Mankind originally
Rock as a heel
Christian now and since the start of the E&C Dynasty
Triple H from several years ago
Austin vs McMahon, original feud
Austin vs Rock... Austin turns "goofy" heel
Angle, Stephanie and Triple H feud/triangle
Jericho & Benoit storyline for the tag championship
Booker T & Goldust
Angle & Benoit storyline for the tag championship
Big Show "the Impersonator"
Crash Holly's Hardcore title reign, including the APA actually becoming the APA and APA/Crash
Hogan, Elizabeth and Savage feud/"triangle"
Rock & Sock Connection
Benoit vs Booker T, Best of Seven
Edge and Christian become Edge & Christian "sarcastic, goofy and egocentric heels"

I'm forgetting tons of angles I've liked. I know I'm forgetting tons of old school superstars too.

Cuckoo

Cuckoo

• Members
  • 4,020 posts
For several weeks now my cable company didn't seem to have any channels that were showing Smackdown! on Thursday nights. This past Thursday, however, I happened to be up pretty late and saw that it was being shown on a local channel, but it ends at 2:30 in the morning!. I was trying to watch as much as I could, but I was dozing off in the middle of the Rey/Kidman match, and I would wake up whenever I would hear "**smack** **crowd gasps** Tazz: "WOW! What a SHOT by Tahjeerie!" only to see Kidman laying on the ground outside of the ring or something. Sorry, when ya gotta get up for work at 6:15 the next morning, watching wrestling til 2:30 am isn't gonna happen too often.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Is it me or is Steph even bigger breasted?