Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No Mercy!

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts

Stallion:
I wish them both a happy marriage 2, and i hope hhh stays off raw for a long time :P

same here :D

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts
I feel the urge to sticky this... but maybe later.

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
dumb question, but.. when is No Mercy?

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts

Reality:

October the 19th I believe

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts

Ixion:

Ixion:

October the 19th I believe

Hey cool, 9 days after my birthday! :P

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,804 posts
and its just a little bit away from me in Baltimore:)...but I don't know if I can get to it for lack of a way to get there and back...

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I was able to go to Bad Blood live in Houston, but it did't come across very well live. I'd have rather had WWE bring Unforgiven to Houston instead of Bad Blood. But hey if it's a Smackdown PPV, it's sure to have great stuff.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
I'm hopeing for a Hardy vs. Eddie match but who knows? unimpres

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Updated Card

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts

quote:

Originally posted by myself:
...if it's a Smackdown PPV, it's sure to have great stuff.

(sighs) If only that were true. This solo PPV effort from Smackdown is, IMO, not going to deliver the goods.

Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar; WWE Undisputed Title, Biker Chain match:
'Taker can only do so much physical stuff these days & the match is doomed to slow pace & relying on Brock Lesnar to sell 'Takers frequent punches (soup-bones) & shoot-style submissions. It could be a surprise though, who knows? Anyway I predict the obvious outcome, Lesnar over 'Taker. It's obvious who's gonna win the PPV match when the challenger gets a head up on the champion every week. We learned this from the WMIXX match between Booker T & HHH; Booker got the advantage every week leading up to the match & it led to Hunter pulling out the win. Same goes for 'Taker & his constant beatings on Lesnar lately. I grow tired of people saying "'Taker whoops too much ass" lately when it's obvious that he's being built up as a credible challenger. So...I predict Lesnar.

Eddie Guerrero vs Big Show; US Title:
Unless Eddie follows in the Angle/Benoit fashion of being able to get a good match out of damn near everybody he faces, this will be too much of a mix of contrasting styles to be very entertaining. I don't see Show winning this match, but with their baffling booking habits I cannot be 100% sure. Anyway ,I predict Eddie will pull it out somehow

Vince vs Stehpanie; I QUIT MATCH:
HORRID puke This match will suck donkey balls. This match signifies all that is wrong w/ WWE's storylines today. I predict Vince over Steph so she can go home w/ Hunter, remove herself from storylines, & make us all happy being leaving her Smackdown GM spot open.

Rey Mysterio vs Tajiri; Cruiserweight Title
Wow...this is gonna rock. This match could steal the show if the crowd gets into it. These two guys work well together & are the perfect guys to carry the cruiserweight division as its main angle. I'm not sure who to predict...Tajiri might retain & go up against Ultimo Dragon or Kidman, but Rey just might win it back; this would indicate that Tajiri was given the belt to give him a little push & some credability, but of course these short title reigns are counter-productive & can discredit any title no matter who the title changes are among/between. I'll predict Tajiri for now just because he's my favorite of the two.

Kurt Angle vs John Cena
Cena has arrived, and Angle is gonna help it along. We brainstormed this match up back in June as a potential US title tourney final that would be awesome & now we get our wish...minus the title. I will predict Angle over Cena, though I think it should be Cena winning this match

Chris Benoit vs A-Train
Damn I have no idea. Benoit's character may suffer from this if he loses, while A-Train has nothing to lose. He has probably benefitted from the superstar rub & could go without winning. I don't see winning this match as making his push any greater than it is now. I think Benoit should win & that's my prediction for now unless TV storylines this upcoming Thursday indicate otherwise.

Overall, it's not too shabby. But I just don't think it's gonna deliver all that well. The two big title matches (undisputed & US) have guys w/ contrasting styles in the ring together & that's not always such a good thing. I don't expect a stellar outing at No Mercy but I certainly hope for the best thumbs_u

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I read a report about last nights Velocity that said Zach Gowen/Matt Hardy has been added to the No Mercy card. (Velocity is about to start here so I'll know if thats true or not soon). Sort of a double edge sword, its good Matt is on the PPV but bad he is facing Gowen when he should be facing Eddie for the US title :mad: I also read the results of a Smackdown houseshow that said Matt Hardy faced Big Show, read into that what you will!

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,804 posts
Could we possibly see Chavo cost Eddie the U.S. Title while trying to help him out so that they reatin "their" U.S. Title?
Give the belt to Show for a bit and have him develop a feud with Hardy. Have Hardy take on the big goof and win the title from him. I dunno, though. I don't think that would work fully well, but otherwise the match does seem rather pointless.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts

Ixion:
I read a report about last nights Velocity that said Zach Gowen/Matt Hardy has been added to the No Mercy card. (Velocity is about to start here so I'll know if thats true or not soon). Sort of a double edge sword, its good Matt is on the PPV but bad he is facing Gowen when he should be facing Eddie for the US title :mad: I also read the results of a Smackdown houseshow that said Matt Hardy faced Big Show, read into that what you will!

I know. I pissed that he isn't facing Eddie. I can't see Zach being long term. Matt I can.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
Prediction time:

WWE Championship: Brock Lesnar © v Undertaker: Undertaker has been dominating Brock so much in recent weeks which I think means the deadman is losing this one, possibly to Vince interference setting up a feud between the two. The match should be an ok brawl, going off last years Hell in a Cell. Winner: Brock Lesnar

Vince McMahon v Stephanie McMahon: Rumous suggest Steph and HHH are marrying soon and she'll be taking time off, like HHH is doing on RAW so Vince should come out on top. All those who care say "aye"...Thought so. The match will be dreadful, lets just hope its not the main event. Winner: Vince McMahon

US Title: Eddie Guerrero © v Big Show: Every man and their dog knows this should be Eddie v Matt Hardy, but alas its to late now. Big Show matches are not to bad when he is in with a good worker like Eddie, so as long it doesn't go to long it shouldn't be that bad. I'm not sure who is going to win this to be honest but lets hope its Eddie. Winner: Eddie Guerrero

John Cena v Kurt Angle: This should be an entertaining match that has also had good buildup. I know people will want Kurt to put Cena over here but he was WWE champ just a month ago, I'd rather not see him lose again so quickly, and personally I don't think Cena is ready to go over someone as great as Kurt. Also I see the two heels winning the two main events, so they will want to give the fans something to cheer about. Winner: Kurt Angle

Cruiserweight Title: Tajiri © v Rey Mysterio: If this is given enough time, it should be a great matchup. I think Rey is a better champion to have, but I can't see them taking the title from Tajiri so quickly. Winner: Tajiri

A-Train v Chris Benoit: These two have been known to have decent matches in their time, if Benoit is on form I'm sure he can drag a good match out of Albert. I'm hoping Benoit is going to pick up a PPV win to gain momentum for a title shot at Survivor Series against Brock. Winner: Chris Benoit

Matt Hardy v Zach Gowen: While it is a travesty of justice that Matt Hardy is in this match insted of the US title match, I'm glad he is on the PPV and I think the match itself should be quite entertaining. If Zach wins though I think I'm just going to flip out, Matt can't beat someone Vince beat at the last SD PPV? Yeah right! Winner: Matt Hardy

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
No Ultimo Dragon...no Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin...no Billy Kidman...no, we get Stephanie McMahon vs her daddy :mad:

I'm not getting this PPV, I'll settle for reading the results at 1wrestling.com tomorrow night & reading the match reviews typed up by those of you who are brave enough to order the Vince vs Stephanie PPV...I mean, the No Mercy PPV :D

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I get No Mercy for free, which is still to much! I kid, I kid

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,804 posts
If I'd been able to find someone else here who has a car or one of my friends fro back home to go, I would definitely be going to the arena, but alas, things didn't work out that way, so I'll just read along with the live report...

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Brock beat Undertaker thanks to Vince.
Vince won after Linda threw in the towell.
Big Show beat Eddie.
Kurt Angle beat John Cena.
Tajiri beat Rey Misterio Jr.
Chris Benoit by a Sharpshooter.
Zach Gowen beatMatt Hardy.
Bashim Bro. defeated APA

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,804 posts
when was the APA/Bashem match added?

gee..I wonder if the finish to the Vince/Steph match will lead to a rematch... unimpres

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Maybe in a month or so. Steph is gone for around six weeks, but I can easily see McMahon booking this match again even though no one wanted to see it the first time. McMahon did however manage to set himself up for a Survivor Series match with the Undertaker by consting him the title. How quaint, Vince again in a main event match. :rolleyes:

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,804 posts
Yeah well that match could at least be decent, if not good. I mean he and Hogan amazed me at wrestlemania this year. He could do the same thing here.

Ender

Ender

Calmer than you are

• Members
  • 9,232 posts
The Angle/ Cena match was quite good but teh rest of this PPV sucked.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
Gowen beat Hardy CLEANLY...I'm at a loss for words...

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,087 posts
I only read it. Our PPV channel was screwing up, so I couldnt get it for free, as per usual... damn shame... but read like a good PPV... and it really looks like the Brock/Taker match was quite good, Taker went flying and what-not!

This man rocks the world!!

heh

Cuckoo

Cuckoo

• Members
  • 4,020 posts
I thought I had witnessed the death of Chris Benoit. Ouch!