Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just bought...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Shady

Shady

Lean Toward The Sun

• Members
  • 6,253 posts
... Raw 2 Ruthless Aggression

I have only played it for like an hour so I can't make a conclusive judgement on the game.

But, this game is second to NO game in the graphical department. Not only does it look better than any wrestling game before it, it makes an exact representation of WWE. This game can not be expressed in words. Utter beauty. Not kidding either! You have yet to play a game that accurately represents a real life counterpart like this game. It is ****ing awesome!
So far, the game controls are very good. I haven't played long enough to figure out anything besides basic hits and grabbles. I did however do the Olympic Slam with Angle. The control is very responsive. Something that wrestling games usually lack. You can turn on a dime with the Left thumbstick. I have found it is easier to perform with the d-pad, but when you need to turn, dodge, etc. you can move in an instant with the thumbstick. You can use the thumbstick to manuever, but it is too good if that makes any sense. You'll hit in whatever direction you press. The game has every up to date titan tron stage presence(even Rock's new one.

Oh and in case you were wondering Goldberg is here folks!

Again, this games looks are untouchable! I'll post later sometime tonight or tommorrow to update the gameplay etc.

You know it when you find yourself gauking at every entrance. I mean, Hogan actually comes out playing air guitar with his little hip shimmy. His scarf thing is PIXEL SHADED!

So on a final note, if a man like me who only mediately follows wrestling can enjoy this game, then a fan would be in complete utter heaven!!!!!!

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Tell me...in an ordinary exhibition, can there be title matches? Or is that reserved strictly for season mode or something like that?

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
*REJOICES!**

YES!! that's what I want to hear!!

Tell us more... tell us about ladders and stipulation matches... can you climb ladders, and the cages etc??

More!!! Details!! Pics!! MORE!!

*Drools*

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
***waits impatiently for response*** :D

I can say this...imagine the first Raw game for X-Box & everything that it lacked...and there's Raw 2: Ruthless Aggression

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
I have a friend who works for THQ and was telling me about it. But he had to go so I didnt get much!!

Look out for Stone Colds Titantron... he was telling me an early version had: "WHAT? He beats his wife and still is allowed to come back? WHAT?"

Also look for "Zak Gowen on a Pole Match"

I doubt they are still in there... but who knows?! Maybe RAW3?

Shady

Shady

Lean Toward The Sun

• Members
  • 6,253 posts
Here, I'll just tell you everything I know so far:

Right when I popped the game in I chose Goldberg vs. Lesnar :D I was like, "Oh my..."

Then by being a male of course, I wanted to see how well Stacy looked pimp . So I picked Rock vs. Stacy in a ladder match. It was ****ing awesome!! This is how technical the game got. Stacy was climbing the ladder and I kicked it out from under her. Well, she jumped from the falling ladder and was dangling by one arm on the belt. She then pulled herself up and with two hands grabbed the belt and fell to the mat. The drama entailed in that is incredible.

I then just purposely starting picking different matches just to see how well everbody looked!

Gameplay: You can even select what Referee you want. Heffner is just as strict as in real life too! :) I simply hit him in the back while wrestling and he disqualified the match. I loved it.

The facial expressions are incredible. They actually show their emotion.

Again, the detail is second to none. When I saw Mysterio jump out of the floor. I was in awe! They had his entire back tattoo done to perfection.

They do a good job of not making everything look mechanical either. What I mean is that while Triple H was coming out with his bottle of water he took his drink and held it in his mouth with that deep glare of his. Well, when he approaches the ring he stops and gives fans the glare then proceeds onto the spray.

Like I said it is hard to talk about this game, you just have to see it!

I would go as far as to say that the facial animations are second to none as well!

This game is what wrestling fans have been waiting for.

It is the little things that stand out in this game. the way they walk, approach the ring, is JUST like in reality. For instance, when Edge slides into the ring and gives his little charm smile while laying on the mat. He actually gives the flirt smile. This games graphics aren't simply pasted one emotion all the time variety. These models are 100% 3D rendered.
You'll notice this right off the bat, it is hard to explain though.

Well, I have only played a little portion. So you'll have to give me time to fully experience this work of art.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I heard the cell for Hell in a Cell matches looks perfect - better than any attempt to re-create it thus far. I also heard you have total freedom & versatility with tables. I hope all this is true :D

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
Go man! Experience!! Just keep reporting back! Cant wait till ya get screenshots!!

Tell us about CAW (Create a Wrestler) if/when you get a chance!! That's a biggie!!

Go man! PLAY AS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!!

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Oh and if you will...what does the blood look like? That's another thing I read all over the place was gonna look extra special.

BTW...the CAW's on the first Raw game were totally suck-ass. There were some cool things but overall you were just totally limited. I did make a great looking Ultimo Dragon though :D

Shady

Shady

Lean Toward The Sun

• Members
  • 6,253 posts
Ok, it's official, this game owns!

Yes, you have complete versatility with the tables.

OMG, the create a wrestler! you control the lighting. Not just basic lighting either! Hall, Ring, pyros! You control the timing of them as well. You control all aspects of lighting. The Custom soundtrack feature kicks ass! I can take any song I want and make it my entrance theme.
the actual creating of the wrestler is very in depth. If you can dream it you can very well do it.
The story mode is going to be a big thing with you huge fans. It's 4 player if you want it to be. So you can take you and your friends and get as technical as interfering, encouraging, surprise attack, munipulate, steal, trap, call out, . The game system has some sort of feature to where it keeps track of anything you do. And it isn't as simple as, "Hey I feel like calling out the Hurricane today?". I tested it out. You can try all you want, but unless you soap opera ishly make the right moves it aint happening. Sort of like earn respect. And it follows the schedule to a tee.

Well again, talking does not do the game justice.

The only thing I wish the game had was celebrations or something to that effect after you win a match.
The entrance videos have a little foggy, but only when they are blown up to your full screen. When you are actually wrestling, they are as clear as can be.
Also, Goldberg isn't quite as accurate as the rest of the wrestlers. His face isn't quite right. They just didn't make his jaw sharp enough like the rest. But, it is still a damn good job though.
The game also keeps a running count on total time played. You can watch it count the seconds away if you want.

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts

Darth_Bane:
*REJOICES!**

YES!! that's what I want to hear!!

Tell us more... tell us about ladders and stipulation matches... can you climb ladders, and the cages etc??

More!!! Details!! Pics!! MORE!!

*Drools*

yeah, you can set ladders up outside the ring and jump into the ring! you can climb tables and jump off.. you can slam people throught the cage in HIAC. its shweeet! :D you can also do the vandaminator (have a chair, throw it to your opponent and then kick it into his face) i love this game.. bought it the day it came out thumbs_u

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

smarter than the average bear

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
I hope new wrestlemania for the GC doesn't bite the perverbial weiner...cuz if it does Im stuck with smackdown5.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,825 posts
So far, I've enjoyed Wrestlemania XIX, SRLDD. The Revenge mode is a bit iffy. I haven't had tons of time to get into it yet with schoolwork and all, but hopefully I'll get a chance todayh with no school due to Isabel, but the gameplay is pretty cool.

Oh, and I'm glad to hear that Raw2 is so great. I'll definitely have to try it out sometime.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Gamespot thrashes the game, they thrash all (or most) exclusive Xbox games. They just got done thrashing D & D Heroes as well.

IGN gave Raw 2 a 9.1!

Typhoon

Typhoon

• Members
  • 215 posts
Raw is sweet,in caws..you can pick moves for the titan tron from Rock Bottom,PowerBomb,SC stunner, Clothsline, punch&kick,Muscle pose,sexy pose and when you come out it shows YOUR CHARACTER! doing the moves..and you can ad text....IT IS SWEET!on season I called out Val Venis, but HBKS theme came on and he challenged ME to a match, and one time Bischoff was announcing a match and you could see Jr and King!

Darth Bane

Darth Bane

Perdición de Darth

• 13,093 posts
Very cool ya'll!! Anyone got any screenshots? Or anything?
Tell me about it... i just wanna read stuff, tell us about what you've done in matches etc...

Question: Does Taker come out on a motorbike? And Eddie come out in a low-rider? If so, to either, can you drive them?

WOOO!!! i love it!
Anyone found any easter eggs? Anything cool that can be unlocked? Details, ya'll!

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
You unlock the PPV's as you go through them (you only start out with RAW and Smackdown!) And you can unlock new costume templates.. I dunno if any characters are unlockable..

Yes, Taker comes out on the bike.. i haven't played/played as Eddie yet though.. i'm not a big fan of his.. never have been..

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*
  • Guests

quote:

Tell me...in an ordinary exhibition, can there be title matches? Or is that reserved strictly for season mode or something like that?

i too eagerly wait for the answer to this question. also does blood drip like the sweat on the first one/if so does it stay like on legends of wrestling? is there a no mercy type rule selection screen where you can customize every thing about the match?

xdflwr

xdflwr

diet cokehead

• Members
  • 5,143 posts
will they be putting it out for any other consoles? figures it'd be for x-box, seeing as that's the only console i DON'T have.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
I can't afford this game til Thursday. The reviews are hit and miss. It is either getting great scores or average to just below average scores. From what I have read wrestling fans and gamers alike pretty much love the game.

Typhoon

Typhoon

• Members
  • 215 posts
no,you cant have exhibition title matches..there is no blood in the game(I read they didnt put it in there cause it sux for the other two games coming out)...but it is still AWESOME! I was playing season earlier as Triple H,You red right I said Triple H with him being the jerk he is..and Bischoff(SP?) was announcing a match and Triple H came walking out entered the ring,Bischoff tried to buddy him up and give hime a handshake and Trips Stuck his hand out and then pulled Bischoff over and clotheslined him and then started kicking him.

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
I just bought an xbox so I'm looking forward to this game. Hopefully its as fun as the Smackdown series.

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests

XDflwr:
will they be putting it out for any other consoles? figures it'd be for x-box, seeing as that's the only console i DON'T have.

Fraid not Muffin. THQ puts out one game for each platform. Gamecube gets Wrestlemania. Xbox gets RAW. Playstation2 gets Smackdown.

Aside from the ability to control lighting and add your own music-- most all of these features are in the new Smackdown game due in November.

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
i want to know why they don't advertise RAW (the game) on RAW..

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

smarter than the average bear

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
Will SD5 have better controls that 4? Oh and will the create a wrestler deal be eaiser to navigate/manage?