Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

You screwed Bret! AGAIN

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Who saw last nights Confidential? I did and the piece on "Superstar" Billy Graham was awsome! I can't wait till pt. 2 next week.

HOWEVER :mad: The 'From the Vault' was horrible. Why do they over and over have to bring up that match (Bret vs. Shawn)? Then they accuse Canadian fans of not letting it go! :mad:

When other wrestlers pick there match it seems from the heart. Many were at their match or had some emotional intrest in it. They break char sometimes (like Christian did) BUT, Rey Jr. seemed to be reading a cue card or something.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
The WWE are the ones who need to get over it. They keep bringing it up.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I just want to get something off my chest: Bret Hart sucked and Owen owned him in every single way. That is all.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,513 posts
I disagree that Bret sucked, but yes, Owen owned him in every way for sure.

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
Except for tights. Owen had the ugliest damn tights, not that Brets pink was much better but at least it had skulls and things.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Owen was a better technical wrestler, but overall, as far as personality and wrestling ability, I though Bret was better.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
Bret didn't have a personality. He had no character when in a match, and his promos were so monotonous and such self-indulgent tripe. He may have been good in the ring but thats it, compare him next to Flair or Angle and they put him to shame.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
[quote] Ixion:
Bret didn't have a personality. He had no character when in a match, and his promos were so monotonous and such self-indulgent tripe.

:confused:

I though Bret's Hart Foundation stuff was pretty good myself, especially when he was a heel. It was no more monotonous that Austin's redneck crap or Rock's insult-o-rama where he uses the same material over and over.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
[quote] JTBT:
[quote] JTBT:
Bret didn't have a personality. He had no character when in a match, and his promos were so monotonous and such self-indulgent tripe.

:confused:

I though Bret's Hart Foundation stuff was pretty good myself, especially when he was a heel. It was no more monotonous that Austin's redneck crap or Rock's insult-o-rama where he uses the same material over and over. [/quote]I couldn't agree more. Kick to gut, stun drink beer. WHAT!

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Bret wasn't the best on the mic. I recall how he screwed up on the mic & screwed peoples names up from time to time:

- Faarooq Simmons
- Hunter Healmsly
- Gold Billberg
- the "continental title"
- he often accidentally called the WCW title the WWF title by accident...dunno if any of you ever caught that or not

Bret was awesome in the ring. He was a technical wrestler before it was cool to be a technical wrestler. Same goes for Owen...and damnit I kinda liked his yellow & black road sign ring attire.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
I don't think Bret was "the best" on the mic, but I think he was better than Owen.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I do tend to exagerate when it comes to Bret, he is probably the wrestler I dislike most next to HHH since I started watching. So so so whiney and boring.

Morgan Freebase

Morgan Freebase

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
Canadians need to let go.

Commando

Commando

• Members
  • 153 posts
BLAME CANADA!Or Vince..

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts

Morgan Freebase:
Canadians need to let go.

Every time a show comes to Canada we alway here, by JR or others, how "Home of Bret Hart." or "The place where Bret was screwed." or we have to watch that match over and over again! Only a small group actually chant "You screwed Bret!" until it's mentioned then everyone does.

BTW, how many times did we hear, "We want Flair!" during the legal troubles between WCW and Flair or "WHAT!" when Austin walked out?

xdflwr

xdflwr

diet cokehead

• Members
  • 5,143 posts
Bret's my second all-time favourite. The WWE needs to stop rubbing this **** in his face. It's not his fault, it's not Canada's fault. It's Vince's.

jj guy

jj guy

• Members
  • 4,603 posts
the reason the WWE won't let it go is because they need an exscuse to do the ref/ vince screw-job angle for 1,000,000,000th time when they do a show in montreal.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
(sighs) I am so f*cking sick of Vince having to play an important role in the major storylines. It worked for a while but now it's over - the magic of Austin vs McMahon cannot be recaptured & WWE needs to realize this.

Sir Auron

Sir Auron

• Members
  • 1,072 posts
"I do tend to exagerate when it comes to Bret, he is probably the wrestler I dislike most next to HHH since I started watching. So so so whiney and boring."

I have watched wrestling all my life, talked about matches with friends all through middle school, high school, and college, and for the last few years have frequented message boards and chats and you are the only person I know to actively dislike Bret Hart.