Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What game are you playing right now?

2186 replies to this topic

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts

I wish Skyrim and Fallout played more fluidly. My dream is for like Soul Caliber fighting in Skyrim. True sword/weapon play and also martial arts like flow. Combos, dodge, parry, etc. I swing, I hit, unless I literally miss of course.

Basically I want more player skill over stat/die roll determination in my RPGs... which is blasphemy, to many I'm sure. Don't get me wrong though, I'd still love to fiddle with bonuses to [insert skill], slotting health/stamina/mana etc. I just also want that more visceral fighting experience like Soul Caliber, like Demon Soul's (but without the insane YOU BE DEAD AGAIN difficulty of that game).

yes! the crappy sword slinging and gunfighting are what i hate most about these games. it's like i'm not playing a game. that, and travel time through towns - why do i have to spend 2 minutes running JUST to talk to someone. hate it. is this considered sandbox? i love GTA. traveling is fun and you can actually have a good shoot out. i loved final fantasy - why don't i find these RPGs just as fun or interesting?

also, i started la noire an i'm hating the 60 seconds of action followed by 5 minutes of clicking around, trying to find evidence and everything has a cut scene where the narrator say CITY or CASE 2-3 times in every sentence. who edited the script??? i get what noire is but DAMN, dude. there's zero freedom in this "game" - i would call it an interactive movie, really.

as of late, FPS is the most entertaining to me by leaps and bounds...except mass effect. i went with the hype, but now people tell me it's like every final fantasy after 9.....for girls.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
FInally got around to playing Skyrim. Had it since launch and just now am playing the damn thing.

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• 15,236 posts

Never played a Fable game, maybe I should check it out.

Go with Fable 2 if you want to try it out.

The third game is so watered down and isn't anywhere near as fun as the second. Not to say it's a bad game, it's just entirely different and isn't exactly my cup of tea. Fable 2 is just as good as Skyrim if you ask me.

Darth_Cyke

Darth_Cyke

Still around...

• Members
  • 1,087 posts
2nd playthrough of dragons dogma at the moment

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
my FFVII strategy guide came in. see you all in a month!

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Can anyone give me a comparison between Madden '12 and Madden '13? I haven't updated in many years due to lack of time & funds and my wife suggested getting me the new one for Christmas. Toys'R'Us has a sale next week on EA Sports games where you can $10 off of one or $50 off of two. So I was thinking of getting Madden and either NCAA Football or (possibly, but doubtfully) Soccer. However, I was just looking at the average rating that people gave Madden 13 at a few sites and it was not very encouraging!

Would I be better off picking up 12 instead? One criteria I should mention for me is that, while I do enjoy playing through a season or two, the majority of my replay value always seems to come through simulating through a career in Franchise/GM mode. So, that part needs to be as well thought out/developed as the in-game play for me to really feel satisfied.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I'm too busy with Halo CEA to know much about any other games. All I know is that I'm eyeballing Halo 4 and if possible, WWE '13. With my birthday and Christmas coming up, those shouldn't be too difficult to obtain.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,746 posts
Just started FFXIII-2. Seems like a big improvement over FFXIII so far. :thumbsup:

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts
Bought GTA 3 on PSN last week & have been playing with all my free time. I've played this game so many times that I actually know the locations of just about all of the hidden packages & remember the cheat code that allows "flying" cars, which gives me access to get all of the hidden packages before the 2nd mission.

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts
Now playing Dishonored. Loving it so far, but haven't found much free time so I'm not too far in. I just got my first power & it's very cool.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Pretty much Skyrim exclusively. Every time I start to tire of it new DLC content comes out and takes my money. Same pattern here as I'm starting to get bored again and now the Dragonborn DLC is about ready to come out.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
oh, god, it's 3am? where did the last 4 hours go?

Just Cause 2

Reply to this topic