Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Things to do in Elder Scrolls.

554 replies to this topic

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Yeah no need to kill shoe keepers or clothier's. They will always hold and resell you anything you sold them.

One thing I have noticed to do is to make my stronghold in a town of which has everything, Caldera is a good choice because Balmora is close by and Caldera pretty much has everything including Creeper, but I prefer Balmora so if you can get Creeper to follow you to Balmora that would be better, there is even a Silt Strider Port in Balmora.

Sell goods to only merchants in this very town this way you don't have to wonder where you sold certain items or where you are keeping items that look important such as maps or things that look as if they may be quest items that you don't want to sell.

I have sold many items that I found doing my own venturing and they were quests, but some things can't be done unless you have accepted the quest.

Also you need to be careful where you choose your stronghold, if a thief resides there your stuff will appear missing, this happened to me, the name of the cave I was staying at was the name of a thief I killed in a little quest (returning the pants of the bathing Dunmar), once I killed this thief I noticed his name was the name of the place I was staying and I also noticed my stuff stopped disappearing.

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
Ahh so you killed someone for their residence.

Do you always use caves? Or have you taken over a residence in town too?

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
I didn't kill anyone for their residence, I picked the lock to someones residence and was keeping my things there, then I went on a side quest (small one 3 minutes) and I happened to notice that the name of the thief I killed was the name of the residence, and basically things stopped disappearing after his death.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Become a werewolf, or king of a land.

quote:

Bethesda Softworks Announces
Morrowind Game of the Year Edition for Xbox

New title offers expanded content for
Morrowind fans and newcomers alike

May 12, 2003 (Rockville, MD) - Bethesda Softworks® today announced that it will release a Morrowind Game of the Year™ (GotY) edition for the Xbox™ video game system from Microsoft that will include the original version of its award-winning RPG The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind®, along with content from the two Morrowind expansions: Tribunal™ and Bloodmoon™. This new product will allow gamers to continue their existing games of Morrowind and experience the new quests and areas offered by the expansions, while players who have never played the Best RPG of 2002 can experience Morrowind on Xbox for the first time with all of the added content.

Morrowind was the best-selling and most highly acclaimed RPG for Xbox in 2002, earning Game of the Year and Best RPG awards from numerous publications and sites, including Official Xbox Magazine, Gamespot, Team Xbox, and Xbox Evolved.

"This is something the Xbox community has been screaming for…and it's finally coming," said Todd Howard, executive producer for The Elder Scrolls® series. "Players can take their existing characters and continue their adventures in a new product, which is a first for a console game like this."

An epic, open-ended single-player RPG, Morrowind allows you to create and play any kind of character imaginable. You can choose to follow the main storyline and find the source of the evil blight that plagues the land, or set off on your own to explore strange locations and develop your character based on their actions throughout the game. Featuring stunning 3D graphics, open-ended gameplay, and an incredible level of detail and interactivity, Morrowind offers a gameplay experience like no other.

In Tribunal, you journey to the capital city of Morrowind, called Mournhold, to meet the other two god-kings of Morrowind, Almalexia and Sotha Sil. Your journey will lead you to the Clockwork City of Sotha Sil and massive, epic-sized dungeons, where strange and deadly creatures await you, including goblins, lich lords, and the mysterious Fabricants.

Bloodmoon takes you to the frozen Island of Solstheim where you'll experience snow, blizzards, and new creatures, including frost trolls, ice minions, and wolves…just to name a few. You'll have a choice of stories to follow and have the opportunity to defend the colony, take control over how the colony is built up, and eliminate the werewolves. Or, you can decide to join the werewolves and become one of them, opening up a whole new style of gameplay.

"This solution allows us to cater to those who already own Morrowind for Xbox and want new quests, new areas to explore…new things to do and see," said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. "At the same time, if you've never played Morrowind you have the opportunity to fully experience the original game as well as a wealth of new things to see and do…all in one box."

Well I think this idea is better than just having us download the content to the harddrive from Xbox Live, because it doesn't take up harddrive space, and it is only $29.99, these add ons would probably be around 2 gigs so this is the better approach.

There are other things as well such as the enemy life indicator and some bugs have been tweaked, I'll be getting the game for sure.

quote:

Players can take their existing Morrowind characters and save games and continue their adventures in the Morrowind GotY edition - a first for a console game like this

Adds up to 80 hours of new gameplay and quests for current Morrowind players

Explore the forests, caves, and snow-covered wastelands of the island of Solstheim

Delve into new, epic-sized dungeons and visit the Capital City of Mournhold and the Clockwork City of Sotha Sil

Fight new creatures including bears and wolves, lich lords and goblins, ice minions and spriggans

Direct the construction of a mining colony and face the threat of savage werewolves

Become a werewolf and indulge your thirst for the hunt.

New armor and weapons including Nordic Mail and Ice blades

I wonder how my character which was forced to kill Vivic taking the back roads to the main quest will factor into meeting the two Gods? errrrr....ut oh, well I wasn't forced to kill him but if I wanted to beat the main quest I had to as I mentioned before in this thread.

That's ok I have another charact of which finished the game the proper way, but he is an Orc so how will an Orc fit in? I guess I'll see soon enough.

Posted Image

Posted Image

PC screens.

Bear

Nymph

Zombie

I'll bet this is the Nordic Armor mentioned above.

Cool ice caves and errr...goblins?

Tribunal

FAQ

quote:

What is included in the Game of the Year (GotY) edition?
The Morrowind GotY includes the original content of Morrowind plus all of the content from the Bloodmoon and Tribunal expansions. This allows you to take your character to the capital city of Mournhold, to the frozen island of Solstheim, and other locations as part of the content from Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Also added are new creatures, new armor and weapons, and much more. For more information on Bloodmoon or Tribunal, check their game sections.

Does it include everything from the original Morrowind?
Yes.

Does it require the original Morrowind Xbox game to play?
No. Morrowind GotY is a stand-alone game.

If I already own Morrowind, can I use my existing save games/character?
Yes, the Morrowind Game of the Year edition will load your previous Morrowind save games and allow you to experience the new content with an existing character. The new areas of Bloodmoon and Tribunal are designed to be played by any character at any time, whether you are just starting, in the middle, or have already finished the main quest of Morrowind.

Does it include all the quests and other world content from Bloodmoon and Tribunal?
Yes, it includes all the quests, items, new areas, and challenge from the two PC expansions. This adds up two between 40 and 80 hours of additional gameplay, depending on how many of the quests you do.

Does it include new features from Bloodmoon and Tribunal?
Yes, it includes many new features such as the enemy health bar, difficulty slider, and other interface improvements.

Are there any features not included?
It does not include the journal quest sorting or placing map notes, because they are not console-friendly features.

When will it be available?
Morrowind GotY will be available this Fall.

link

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
Bethesda's got a site dedicated to Morrowind now www.morrowind.com; I've signed up on their forums [MechaGigan] and have been look around.

GOTY boxart Posted Image
They don't seem to have a bigger version of it though.

And an FAQ on GOTY.

here it is.

quote:

What is included in the Game of the Year (GotY) edition?
The Morrowind GotY includes the original content of Morrowind plus all of the content from the Bloodmoon and Tribunal expansions. This allows you to take your character to the capital city of Mournhold, to the frozen island of Solstheim, and other locations as part of the content from Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Also added are new creatures, new armor and weapons, and much more. For more information on Bloodmoon or Tribunal, check their game sections.

Does it include everything from the original Morrowind?
Yes.

Does it require the original Morrowind Xbox game to play?
No. Morrowind GotY is a stand-alone game.

If I already own Morrowind, can I use my existing save games/character?
Yes, the Morrowind Game of the Year edition will load your previous Morrowind save games and allow you to experience the new content with an existing character. The new areas of Bloodmoon and Tribunal are designed to be played by any character at any time, whether you are just starting, in the middle, or have already finished the main quest of Morrowind.

Does it include all the quests and other world content from Bloodmoon and Tribunal?
Yes, it includes all the quests, items, new areas, and challenge from the two PC expansions. This adds up two between 40 and 80 hours of additional gameplay, depending on how many of the quests you do.

Does it include new features from Bloodmoon and Tribunal?
Yes, it includes many new features such as the enemy health bar, difficulty slider, and other interface improvements.

Are there any features not included?
It does not include the journal quest sorting or placing map notes, because they are not console-friendly features.

I can't wait for GOTY, even though I'll be buying the core game twice I'm gonna go ahead and by Morrowind as well ASAP.

EDIT: laugh I was getting the FAQ right when you edited it into your post. I was about to go back and get screenshots and noticed you incl. some. laugh

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
I actually think the Xbox version looks better. The first two screens above are Xbox screens and they are in a lower resolution, much lower. I haven't seen the game in 480p, only 480i. That said the PC version has been out for quite some time, and I am sure Bethseda has tweaked the graphics. Maybe it is just me but to me the Xbox version does look cleaner.

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
You're right the XBOX version looks a lot sharper [I'm not quite sure how to describe it]; some the PC shots have severe jaggies on the curved edges, whereas that axe in the XBOX shot is seems to be a near perfect curve.

EDIT:
Oh I've been looking thru Bethesda's Morrowind boards and if your items were in crates/chests they game may have randomly cleared them out. Apparently sometimes the game "refreshes" [so to speak] the chest/crates back to their original contents.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Screen... shots... too... big...

Page... all... stretched... out...

Thread... no... fun... to read...

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Maybe that is what happened to some of the items, but my helmet collection was displayed on a shelf, and a couple of the helmets were missing, including a very nice and rare helmet which I enchanted myself, so the thief stole these items.

I fixed the thread THT, I won't do that anymore.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Thanks, AMU... much appreciated. :) Links are awesome in those situations.

Anyway if you ever accidentally sell something you didn't want to and the shopkeeper equips it... ie it's not listed in their inventory... don't worry. Of course most peeps wouldn't worry anyway, they'd just kill the shopkeeper. But what I'm saying is don't worry because you don't have to kill the shopkeeper! (if it's a weapon or armor anyway AND it's a shopkeeper that'll attack... some don't)

Okay - first things first, you need to be in the Thieves Guild. Now you have to steal something in front of the shopkeeper. In most cases he'll get all pissed off and attack you... if you're a weak character it's best to make sure you are alone - 'cause sometimes other people will attack you too. Now some peeps might be saying that you don't have to steal to have him attack you, you could taunt him to do it... but no, you have to steal something, I'll explain later.

Anyway now that he's pissed at you and trying to attack you... what you now do is cast disintegrate armor and disintegrate weapon (both or which ever depending on what you accidently sold). Keep casting that spell until the item you sold and he equipped is not being used anymore. ie if it was a shield you'd see the shopkeeper with the shield on during battle, and then suddenly it'd disappear once you had "disintegrated" it.

Now that your item is "disintegrated" it will appear back in the shopkeepers inventory as it is now unequipped... being useless. Now just knock the shopkeeper out and when he's knocked out look in his inventory. Take your item back. Then flee. Go to the nearest Thieve's Guild member that clears your name and do so. The Shopkeeper, when you return will be fine (as long as you didn't kill him duh) and he won't be mad at you because you "paid you debt to society" aka had your name cleared... now remember when I said I'd explain later? See if you didn't steal anything and instead taunted the shopkeeper... you can't clear your name and the shopkeeper would attack you whenever he saw you.

Okay, so it sounds and reads as a long process... but it really isn't. And if you don't want to kill someone that is the way to get an equipped item back. There's a bonus too, if you aren't completely leveled up in hand-to-hand combat you'll raise in level once you start trying to knock the guy out.

Lastly a helpful thing to do, while doing this... is the "health" cheat at GameFaqs. Afterall you're just correcting a mistake you made, it's not like you are cheating to win the game (if that's even a concern for you).

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Yes but what if it were an exquisite robe or ring you sold him, or locket that was needed for a quest?

If you go to sneak mode and click on the NPC's different items will appear at different times as well but some things are more difficult to see on the NPC maybe if you keep trying you'll eventually see this.

Also you forgot to mention that even after you pay someone from the thieves guild to clear the price on your head (which of you have to be a member of the thieves guild it is half as expensive as paying a guard, you don't have to go lose all of your stolen goods, etc), when you go back to this particular NPC he/she will hate you, their persuasion will be waaaayyyy down, unless you have a high personality it will be difficult to bring it back up with either persuasion, amiration, taunting, intimidation, etc but it can be done it can just be time consuming and it can get to the point of where they won't even talk to you at all if you bring it down too low trying too hard to bring it up, these NPC's are smart, by far smarter than any of any RPG before or after it. They know what you are wearing, they like or dislike you and can be persuaded by intimidation, taunting, bribary, amiration, etc, trying too hard or too often will result in negative effects depedning on the race, attitude, or even the mood of the NPC plus tons of other things such as your attire, whether or not you have a weapon in your hand, if you are sneaking about, etc, they greet you with actual voice dialog and do so according to the situation, acts, attire, race, class, reputation, whether or not you are diseased, etc. You guys know most of this stuff but many people here don't that is why I mention it, this game is more close to real life and allows more freedom than any before it, even GTA Vice City which is a different game but there isn't as much freedom as Morrowind and the NPC's aren't genius like this.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts

A Munkeys Uncle:
Yes but what if it were an exquisite robe or ring you sold him, or locket that was needed for a quest?

Yeah that's the draw back, my trick only works for weapons or armor mistakes.

A Munkeys Uncle:
If you go to sneak mode and click on the NPC's different items will appear at different times as well but some things are more difficult to see on the NPC maybe if you keep trying you'll eventually see this.

That's true, different items do appear at times in the sneak mode... but equipped items don't get displayed in the inventory screen even then. If the NPC has the ring, weapon or armor etc etc equipped it won't be in the inventory.

Quasibonko

Quasibonko

Crazy Clown Freak

• Members
  • 4,848 posts
All these shifty ways to play Morrowind and I haven't even played it as yet on my pc. :P

Posted Image

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
THT why don't you add a calm humanoid spell to your method? That ought to minimize their attacks on you.

Or go into sneak and cast a high chameleon spell. Outside of Gnisis theirs a "lone" lady when you talk to her she asks you to get her ring which she dropped in a nearby pond. [it should be in some reeds] once you find the ring you'll get attacked by an "invisible" enemy and the lady. The "invisible" person is using the Amulet of Shadows it casts an 80% constant effect Chameleon. Or seeing as you now know that the lady is gonna attack you anyways, you could go ahead and kill her "invisible" companion [she's standing close to the visible one] while the other one stands still.

And since I'll probably be picking up the Game today here's an uber-useful U-Made-It enchantment

Amulet of Opening

Need: Exquisite Amulet and Unlock spell

Enchant the Amulet w/ unlock: Magnitude 100: cast on target.

Oh and for those do-it-yourself-enchanters out there; heres how to make your own enchanting successful.

Make fortify intelligence potions. You can use Ash yams and bloat for this [both purchasable at the imperial shrine in wolverine hall]
Here's how to super-boost intelligence-make a feew potions then drink them; keep repeating untill you intelligence is in the thousands.
[at this point you could make some uber-powerful potions of anything besides having successful enchanting]

Just make sure you've got a variety of filled soul gems for your enchanting.

Just some interesting stuff I picked up at couple morrowind message boards.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
I guess you could just sell the clothier something of more value of which you wouldn't need for a quest or something and then they'd put that on just because it is worth more, and you could buy the attire you lost.

I found an ancient book (some sort of Bible) worth around 50,000 septims, does anyone know what this is for? It came from a place that I could probabaly never find again even if I looked. I found it on accident, on Sheorguard Island there was a hidden hut atop a small hill within the mountains, it blended in nicely with the enviroment, it was pure luck. Inside the hut was a wise woman, her bed, etc and a chest, inside the chest was this ancient book worth 50,000 septims, I read some of the material in the book and it seemed as if it was some sort of religious script, I somehow lost the book. I think I sold it to a book seller but I am not sure which one and that is why I now only sell to one town and I only sell armor to the armorer's, I only sell weapons to armorer's, I only sell clothng to clothiers, potions in the Mages Guild, etc...Balmora is a good town for all of this, I need to get Creeper to follow me to a stronghold there.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts

The Shadow:
THT why don't you add a calm humanoid spell to your method?  That ought to minimize their attacks on you.  

Or go into sneak and cast a high chameleon spell.  Outside of Gnisis theirs a "lone" lady when you talk to her she asks you to get her ring which she dropped in a nearby pond.  [it should be in some reeds] once you find the ring you'll get attacked by an "invisible" enemy and the lady.  The "invisible" person is using the Amulet of Shadows it casts an 80% constant effect Chameleon.  Or seeing as you now know that the lady is gonna attack you anyways, you could go ahead and kill her "invisible" companion [she's standing close to the visible one] while the other one stands still.  

And since I'll probably be picking up the Game today here's an uber-useful U-Made-It enchantment

Amulet of Opening

Need: Exquisite Amulet and Unlock spell

Enchant the Amulet w/ unlock: Magnitude 100: cast on target.

Oh and for those do-it-yourself-enchanters out there; heres how to make your own enchanting successful.  

Make fortify intelligence potions. You can use Ash yams and bloat for this [both purchasable at the imperial shrine in wolverine hall]
Here's how to super-boost intelligence-make a feew potions then drink them; keep repeating untill you intelligence is in the thousands.
[at this point you could make some uber-powerful potions of anything besides having successful enchanting]

Just make sure you've got a variety of filled soul gems for your enchanting.

Just some interesting stuff I picked up at couple morrowind message boards.

That lady and her companion is one tough *****, lol. I couldn't kill her and I believe I was at around level 20+ when I fought her (several times), once you go into the pond and find the ring she cries out "Now You Die!" and you hear spells going off, also a creature using a chamileon spell activated is on the other side of some rocks by a camp near by and this guy is tough as nails too, not only that but he is using a bow and arrows and is far away tagging you. I finally got lucky and got the lady to follow me far away and luckily nothing else attacked me because there were many animals and monsters near by, it was a long and drawn out fight with the lady of which took many different types of spells, potions, and weaponry. Once I was done with the lady, I rested for a full day and went to fight the other creature which hadn't followed us as it usually did, like I said I got lucky it didn't follow me when I lured the lady away. So now I am fully rested but I don't have any more potions or scrolls but I have a few spells and some nice armor. I go invisible, go to sneak mode and hit it from behind scoring a critical hit, I proceed to attack the creature who is now fighting back, I was using several strategies and he almost killed me but I got him. You can't rest during battle because the enemy will rest as well and you lose whatever you have used in the battle already, so you just have to duke it out with this fellow. Luckily I saved the game after I killed the lady just before I fought him. Anyways once I killed him I couldn't rest because there were too many enemies near by, so I went invisible because I was too hurt to fight anything if it were to see me, finally found a good spot to rest, went into a town and got some more goods and stocked up, rested up, and continued on to what I was doing before.

It actually is a bit of a ways away from Gnisis and I wouldn't go looking to fight this lady at anything less than level 20 but I can't be sure as to what level I was, can't remember I just know she was a bad ass and so is her companion I also know I wouldn't have won unless I got lucky not having to fight both at once, the companion didn't see me just one time as I lured the lady into the hills.

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
Thanks for the tip on the Amulet of Shadows pair AMU. I'll remember it for my new character.

I should note you can't make all uber-fortify attribute potions w/o getting hurt in the long run.

quote:

by Darliandor [Morrowind.com MBs]

What we have accounted for it Fortify Health, Fatigue and Perosonality.

Fortify Health and Fatigue potions will DRAIN your HEalth and Fatigue to the exact negative value of the value the potion gave you. So you will either be dead or very tired.

With Fortify Personality it works differently since your disposition will just be VERY bad with the person you spoke when you had the potion active.

So your safe w/ fortify intelligence and luck [the 2 most used probably] as well as others attributes excluded.

Oh and I finally went out and bought Morrowind today [platinum hits package] and I bought Morrowind Prophecies as well [$15 a Gamestop plus 20% off the guide since I bought it w/ the game] So I'll be able to reference stuff in the guide if needed.

My XBOX is still in storage [7 months now :( ; really put a cramp in my XBOX game purchases, I'll make up for it this year though] I'm hoping I'll be able to dig it out in the next few days; and start on a character again.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
You couldn't cast calm humanoid on the shopkeeper in my trick as the shopkeeper would put away his weapons etc etc. Although I do normally go into Chameleon mode and then cast the disintegrate spells.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
*Warning this thread is full of spoilers, read at your own risk, but don't discuss everything, not by a long shot.

I made a mistake on discussing my Strong Hold. I don't have one, I thought a strong hold was just a place you took over, ISN'T! This game is just full of surprises, my strong hold is being built just for me, I need to go get a contractors license to have it built because Telvani is cracking down on too many towers being built lately, so contracts are now given. Once I get the contract the value of my tower will be decided by what monsters soul I capture in the two soul gems, she recomended Storm Atronaughts.

So I'll have my very own place, does anyone know if I'll be able to name it, and I alread know I'll be able to furnish it and build an army in it, I can't wait to do this stuff, I am almost there; although I wish I would have joined House Hlauu because I don't like the wizard towers of Telvani very much they are a bit confusing, but it will do. Everything I am wearing right now is constant effect except for my robe and I gave a robe to one of the Telvani councilors which is a constant effect but I am making sure I get my strong hold before I kill him and take it because I can't steal it since he is wearing it, he is a real jerk anyways, just as most of them are save for one or two, the one chick hates men. Once they all vote me in as Horator, and once I have my strong hold, I'll the snotty ones and take their goods. I am going to save the game first to make sure I don't lose my strong hold in the process though :D

It isn't too bad though because one of the councelors actually recomends that I kill Gothren, and he said the other one may be a problem as well, so we'll see.

My character is level 69 right now and has a reputation of 38, + he is the Neverer, this is the one that took the back roads, not to mention a Mouth in House Telvani, Arch Mage of the Mages Guild, Guild Master of the Fighters Guild, Guild Master of the Thieves Guild, oh and expelled from the Temple :D You only get one chance in the Temple, meaning you can only "make ammends" one time, the other guilds are more lenient on making ammends, but it is expensive none the less.

After I finish this I am going on "The Pilgrimage" which will be a good adventure, and then I will consider the Twin Lamps, I want to find the Evil Female Dark Elf who killed seven Orinators without a trace her and her gang slice their throats, I actually solved this quest with my other character and I want to do it with this one, doing this quest gave me the chills and was scarier than any other game I have ever played, hands down. Being in the Under Waist Works searching for something that sneaky, quiet, and murderous was just chilling, not to mention the stories told about her along the way, not to mention they went into grave detail of what I was looking for in terms of what she was wearing. Just being underwater in the dark and hearing the noises was so creepy and to have even a fish creep up on me would make me jump. Great stuff.

I also like the cut scenes following the main quest, and I actually miss characters that go away or die, not to mention it is a bummer when the NPC's that you are escorting (many times) die, especially after you have agreed to help them because for one reason or another you chose to help after hearing their stories.

The last one was a slave who begged me to help him (an Aragon) get to his home before the slave hunters captured him, I agreed, but while he was following me we were in the a dangerous area called the Ashlands, and he fell in a lava pit, it didn't take long after that, I literally felt bad for the darn thing, lol.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
The Stronghold: What I know...

You can't furnish it. You can't build an army in it. You can't name it. The game is not that advanced and/or programmed that way. And if you want your stronghold to be worth more... with the soul gem thing... capture a Golden Saint not a lowly Storm Antorach (s/p). Trust me.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
I used the wrong term of words, I meant to say decorate it. I've got a number of things I am going to decore my stronghold with, such as guitars, drums, fishing poles, silver ware, plates, books (galore), a helmet collection, a dagger collection and much more.

Also you can command creatures to settle in it I believe, that is what I meant by an army. I believe you can command creatures and humanoids alike to settle in the Stronghold, or at the very least buy slaves.

Another thing in Telvani you are suppose to use a Storm Atronaught to build the stronghold, two of them actually, and you have to pay for different stages of the construction as well. So far I have had to have two Grand Soul gems with Storm Atronaught souls, 5000 septims, and tons of quests and work I put in for House Telvani.

Do you have a stronghold, if so what House is it under?

I think I screwed up somewhere though and I can't become the master, but I am sure I'll figure it out, my stronghold is only on its second stage, I was just kind of hoping you could name it just as you name the items you enchant, there is nothing advanced about that, I just figured since they use soul gems as they do with enchantments that you'd be able to name the strong hold.

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
For House Telvanni you need to recruit fast Eddie [remember him from Balmora] to be your Mouth; he'll ask for the silver staff of peace you received; once you give it to him he'll move to the Telvanni HQ. He'll even do a couple of tasks for you that'll net you some useful items.

Next time you play thru the game join House Hlaalu, you'll eventuallly meet 'Uncle Curio'. I accidently came across info on this 'interesting' hmmm character whilst looking thru the boards on www.morrowind.com

Ascended Sleepers have the same soul rating as Golden Saints so you could probably use either. Golden saints are probably easier to get to though, since you can summon them.
[they're the only regular enemies that will enable you to do a constant effect enchantment]

As the GS is dying be quick and you can relieve them of their weapon and armor [possible only a shield]. GS will randomly carry the Daedric tower shield, it has the most enchant points of any item in the game, and the daedric dai katana.

Final DarkHour

Final DarkHour

• Members
  • 3,770 posts
woa, it has an enemy health bar?! GOTY sounds great, I'm glad I put of buying morrowind till now... :D I'll definetly get GOTY edition... ^_^

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
Cool glitches like the Target Glitch [XBOX ver] may have been corrected/removed though. That's part of the reason why I went ahead and bought Morrowind now, the other being I wanted to start on a new character.

On the plus side, GOTY is only $30 and Morrowind is only $20 now; so I wasn't really spending anymore than an normal XBOX game.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
What target glich? There will always be ways around getting things done, those aren't gliches they are cheats, the only bugs the game has is a tendency to freeze up on occasion but thankfully, SOMETIMES, it auto saves before getting a dirty disk error, this is the only game of which I get this error and it is a glich so save frequently, I'd suggest every 20 minutes or so and after you have completed important quests, or are almost done with them, and after you get rare items, save because I have lost some of them on occasion and it isn't fun, at all.

On the Soul Gems, I had Ascended Sleeper Gems, Winged Twighlights, Golden Saints, Doguth, etc, and two Storm Atronaught soul gems and those are the two she took, so they must have been the best, and those were the ones that she recomended.

Now I screwed up somewhere in the game killing some of the Redoran councilors, the bane of Redoran has struck me once again. First I couldn't get the Redoran councilors to vote me as Horotar of House Redoran because one of them challenged me in a duel (took him out in the arena ) so I had to take the back path of beating the main quest, and now there are only two alive (I killed another one at some point in time, or maybe more) and I need the consent of three of them to advance in House Telvani, even though the didn't like working with House Telvani they accepted an appeal I had to get something done that seemed fair but there was no third counciler so I am crap out of luck! I can't get my own stronghold, so I am just going to take the Dren Plantation, I'll take it over and command some creatures there with this character, I plan on doing a third character anyways, a dark elf which will be my first character that isn't an "outlander", I'll pass it the proper way and probably join House Redoran, I am joining House Haluu with my orc pretty soon here but my Level 69 Breten has the most items, many of which are rare, has the highest reputation, is the master in more guilds, and is the highest level, but I can't advance in the house anymore, Like I said I am taking over the Dren Plantation on my own merit, and I'll do some things there, I'll try to get the clothier and some thieves from Balmora there, I'll try to get mud crab and Creeper there, and I'll try to get many other useful characters at the plantation. I'm not sure if they'll stay there once I leave though, but once I find a "command creature" and "command humanoid" spell I'll let you know.

BTW does anyone know where to get these two spells?

and...

Does anyone know if I can terminate my membership of the House Telvani?

Reply to this topic