Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Things to do in Elder Scrolls.

• Please log in to reply
554 replies to this topic

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Name: Tiberius
Race: Imperial
Class: Outlander (self designed, magic heavy... then mixed stealth and fighting)
Sign: The Serpent

Right now I'm at level 75, all my main stats are at 100, except for Luck which is at 85. My skills are all very high if not at 100. I have made sure though that I have enough levels left on my main and minor skills to ensure I can level my Luck Up to 100... as I don't know if you can level up after your skills are maxed.

My "in game" time is 365 days or something, in reality I'm been playing just about everyday since 02/17/03... although I did restart my character in mid March. :lol: I haven't even played the main story yet. First thing I did was level up and explore. Then I joined the guilds and am now completing those quests. After that I plan on playing the main story and leaving the misc quests, Vampire and Daedric quests for post main story play... oh yeah and although I've freed enough slaves to be able to do the House Hlaalu quests, I plan on saving the majority of my slave freeing quest for post main story play.

Anyway right now I'm the head of the Imperial Legion, Thieve's Guild, Fighter's Guild, Morag Tong (Assassin's Guild) and the highest rank in the Imperial Cult. I haven't joined a House yet, but plan on finishing the Guild quests and then making three saves for each House (as you can't join another house once you've joined with one).

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
THT, get yourself arrested [your character, not for real] when you spend time in jail you'll start losing levels in your major and minor skills little by little. All you have to do then is put a little work into maxing out those skills again.

I think I read this somewhere on GameFAQs awhile back when I had rented the game.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Yes you lose skill points and all of your stolen goods when you are arrested, even if you had boughten the stolen goods, so make sure that you hide your goods in a safe place before becoming arrested, so the guards don't take your valuables, leaving you with practically nothing and skill point decreases.

It looks cool when you go to jail though, you just see the being released part, from a fort.

That said if you are confronted from the guards and you have a bounty out for you from people catching you stealing and what not (because you weren't sneaky enough ) you'll have to choice to "resist arrest, "pay gold" in the amount you owe from your bounty, or you can just try to get away, but it is pretty cool the way you are confronted with voice dialog and the dialog of you getting caught stealing is cool as well.

Now you can always join the Thieves Guild and pay half the price of you bounty to have it brought back to zero so the guards won't mess with you. Tongue Toad in "The Rats Pot" in Ald Ruhn is one you can pay there are others as well in Balmora, Vivic, and other thieve guild housing.

On turning into a vampire, you may want to pay close attention to this

****SPOILER****

In the main quest you will contract a disease which is said to be uncurable but the disease can actually be cured by a wizard from a potion. I think if you cure yourself of this you won't be able to turn into a vampire, it gives you constant effects of disease resistance (corpsus, blight, and common) which I think won't allow you to become a vampire either, so if you would like you may want to visit the wizard just for lore and adventure, and save just before you drink the potion to see what happens, but restart the game to when you saved after you do so and refuse the potion from the wizard. Now be careful you'll have to carry several cure disease and corsus potions, on your adventures in the main quest, A LOT of them.

Just read how to turn into a vampire though, and once you are a vampire you'll be able to join the Mages Guild still, and House Telvani will be the only house to recognize you as freindly, others will frown on you but you'll be powerful enough by that time as to where it won't matter!

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Morrowind is now only $9.99 for the Xbox. Here is an interview with the developer Todd Howard.

quote:

Jason: Basically, it’s been a year, so I kind of figured I’d get a “state of The Elder Scrolls” from you.

Todd: “Our union is strong.”

Jason: [Laughs]

Todd: Let’s see…last year when we talked, we were finishing the Xbox version [of Morrowind].

Jason: Right, and you had shipped the PC version, like the week before.

Todd: Right. So we were finishing the Xbox version, and that was the big question mark for us. And that turned out way better than we expected. I mean, it was kind of a gamble for us. We were going to put our game out there, in the hopes that the console audience wanted something more than Final Fantasy. And it turns out, a lot of them did. So that was very good for us, and we sort of became the role-playing game on the Xbox. And I’d say half of our fan base now is Xbox. We did about a 50/50 split [sales-wise], and it was very interesting, what they brought to the game, and what they wanted out of the game.

Jason: Did you get feedback, saying that Xbox gamers were veering this way with their characters…obviously in Morrowind, you can do whatever you want, so were Xbox gamers different in this regard?

Todd: They all do the same thing. One of the things I noticed is that a lot of people came to it who had played first person shooters. So whether they were console people or PC people during that time-frame, a lot of our audience were people who played first person shooters, who were drawn to it because of the visuals and because it’s first person. More people said ‘this is the first RPG I’ve played’ than I expected. You know, because we’re super RPG. But I guess it came across in a good package, where if you weren’t into that stuff you could just pick up and play it, and your skills would go up…and you know, things like that. So it did amazingly well. Enough so where we could do Tribunal for PC, and now Bloodmoon, which I think is great. You know, Tribunal was a thing where we just wanted to sort of have a story that we wanted to wrap up. Whereas Bloodmoon is really more of a new thing completely. It has a new look, you get new experiences. And on the Xbox side of things, people kept asking us, ‘well, what are you going to do for us, what are you going to do for us…are we going to have these things.’ And they were very…loud about it, which was good. And we were sort of waiting, we were sort of hatching our plan, and saying, ‘we can’t say what we want to do yet, and we want to figure out how we’re going to package these things together, and can we do the expansions...’So we sort of found the best way of doing that is with the Game of the Year Edition, which is going to be 30 bucks. We just felt that for people that hadn’t played the game before, 30 bucks was good for all that stuff, and if they had played the game before…wow, 30 bucks, I gotta get that.

Jason: And now the core Morrowind [for Xbox] has dropped, it’s now $19?

Todd: 19 bucks, right, and the platinum disc…we went platinum on Xbox. And evidently our platinum [edition] is really selling like crazy at $19, and I asked if we could go platinum-platinum.

Jason: And sell for $9.99?

Todd: Yeah, I was wondering that. ‘Can we go platinum-platinum’? And have the covers be in further, have that thing around it. That was my hope.

Jason: So what now?

Todd: Um…we have a very large team, a very large Elder Scrolls staff, that works very well together, and um…we’re doing new things, and we’ll be talking about them in the future.

Jason: Is Bloodmoon going to be the last expansion, or…?

Todd: You know, until it’s out and sells…then we’ll have to see. It’s hard to say right now. I think there’s a good chance it will be. Just because I feel we’ve done enough with The Elder Scrolls III series. But it could be that if the demand is that high, that we’ll do another one.

Jason: Looking back on it, would you have liked to put Xbox Live support in Morrowind?

Todd: No. No, I wouldn’t have actually. I feel that any features you have have to be the best ones. I mean, we could have Xbox Live in there, but it would have been the worst Xbox Live support of any game.

Jason: Not necessarily for multiplayer, but for downloadable content.

Todd: Yeah…I don’t know. The game already comes with hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay, and then building in Xbox Live to download an extra hour is kind of not a good balance in our development time. Although it is very easy…you know, if we were ever to do something with Xbox Live, I’d want people to say, ‘wow…Bethesda’s use of Xbox Live is the coolest.’

Jason: Well there are also things that are in the Game of the Year Edition that were released for PC gamers, like the enemy health bar and the interface tweaks.

Todd: Right, all of the tweaks we did, except for the journal and the maps (which really don’t work well on the console) are in there.

Jason: Would you have liked to distribute that over Xbox Live, or companies have done for Xbox magazine CDs that have patches on them…

Todd: That was one of the ways we were exploring initially, was getting plug-ins or expansions on magazine discs. It’s too big to download. I mean you could download it, but it would take a while. You know, long enough where that wouldn’t work. So believe me when I say that we explored every option…we wanted to get it out there in some manner. And we felt [the GOTY edition] was the best way. And we talked about doing Xbox Live quite a bit. But sort of in the end felt that we wouldn’t deliver a good Xbox Live experience compared to other games, so we were going to spend our time making sure the other things work well.

Jason: So you’ve discovered console games. Big, big unexpected audience.

Todd: Yeah!

Jason: So is your next game going to be day and date [release for both PC and console systems] do you think?

Todd: I think for our future games that’s our goal, but I think you’ll always have a lead skew. It’s hard to do a thing day and date with the same [quality] unless you want to hold off one. We were within four weeks [with Morrowind], which is pretty good. And that’s okay. I’m okay with releasing like that. If it was going to be a two month or three month thing, I’d hold them all and then do that. But if they’re within a few weeks, that’s [fine].

Jason: Xbox support is obviously because of the hard drive.

Todd: That’s the number one thing.

Captain Typo

Captain Typo

• Members
  • 36 posts
It's not $9.99 where I've seen it.

It's in a "Platinum Hits" case and priced at $91.99.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
You mean $19.99 right? And read the article I just posted below, it is now $9.99 go to EBgames or something and check it out.

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
I can't wait to pick up the GOTY edition; I was going to buy Morrowind early this year and found out about the GOTY edition having the 2 pc expansions. I'm glad they've also taken time to tweak the original game. But I hope they haven't fixed all the glitches though, there is some pretty cool stuff you can do w/ the "target glitch" like permanent bound weapons, and using command spells to force NPCs to follow you [folks at the GameFAQs board have gotten the mudcrab, the creeper, and other useful NPCs to stay inside their stronhold]

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
I'm assuming you can only get the Talking Mud Crab to follow you on the PC version?

What I didn't like about the game was slave buying, you can't really level up your slaves or give them clothing/weaponry to use/wear, nor could you buy Pack Guar to carry items and fight along side you, and even leveling them up and dressing them in battle gear would have been cool. Can you do these things in the expansion?

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
Getting NPCs to follow you is something they're doing on the XBOX as well; it's a great use of some of the spell glitches. Here's the info on it.

quote:

SR71 | Posted: 6/3/2003 7:16:03 PM | Message Detail
These are the only spells you will ever need to move the Talking Mudcrab Merchant & Creeper.

Save your game before trying these for the first time, and practice using them.

Creature Command Spell
This will cause the subject to follow you for an unlimited amount of time.
Fortify Intelligence
Range: Target
Magnitude: 0 to 0
Duration: 1
Area: 0
+
Command Creature
Range: Touch
Magnitude: 5 to 5
Area: 2

+
Fortify Health
Magnitude: 34 to 34
Area: 3

+
Fortify Strength

+
Fortify Speed

+
Water Walking
Area: 2

+
Paralyze
Area: 1+

+
Calm Creature
Magnitude: 100 to 100
Area: 5

All spells are cast looking straight down at the ground near the subject. The Targeted Spell must barely miss the subject.

The above formulas may be used as enchantments for weapons (weaker), by reducing the non-targeted spell's area to 0, and as enchantments for Items (non-weapons), by increasing the non-targeted spell's duration to 2.

Spell Locations
http://home.twmi.rr....spellsearch.htm

quote:

DeadKenny56 | Posted: 5/25/2003 9:36:59 PM | Message Detail
Here is a staff made for moving the Mudcrab, there is also one for moving the Creeper. Ask SR71, cuz these might be updated, but this is what I used to move them, and this is what I could find at Sed's Page. Props go to AlphaRugal1187.

Mudcarb er crab Relocator
*AlphaRugal187*

Ebony Staff
Casts When Strikes
Water Walking
+
Soultrap
+
Fortify Speed
Magnitude 20 to 20
+
Fortify Strength
Magnitude 50 to 50
+
Fortify Strength x2 **
Magnitude 100 to 100
+
Restore Health
Magnitude 20 to 23
+
Command Creature
Magnitude 5 to 5

**You must have two instances of this effect

Creeper Relocater
*AlphaRugal187*

Ebony Staff
Casts When Strikes

Soultrap
+
Fortify Speed
Magnitude 20 to 20
+
Fortify Strength x3 *
Magnitude 100 to 100
+
Restore Health
Magnitude 20 to 23
+
Command Creature
Magnitude 5 to 5

*You must have three instances of this effect

Like I said, props and credit to AlphaRugal1187 and Sed's Morrowind page http://www.geocities...rrowindenchant/

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Kinda sounds like it'd just be easier to go visit them at the original locations.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Damn I wonder f I could get a Flame Atronaught to follow me? Or a Golden Saint? That'd be kick ass.

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts

The Human Torch:
Kinda sounds like it'd just be easier to go visit them at the original locations.

Apparently it does take awhile to get them to your stronhold or an "acquired" residence. But if you got your residence set w/ the mark and recall spells then you've got the 2 highest $ shop keepers in one place.

It seems this could be used on just about any NPC, some of the GameFAQ poster are collecting interesting looking NPCs to keep in their stronhold.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
How do you mark/recall aka teleport with a NPC? I've tired it by casting the spell after I've agreed to transport someone and actually have them with me and it doesn't work.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
NPC's from quest's will follow you on transports, but I think you'd have to travel by foot the first time, and then mark the place you want the NPC's to wait (at your stronghold) so you can just recall back and fourth there. I can't even find the Talking Mud Crab, lol, I have searched for hours and I know the area of where it resides, but I just can't find it, they all look the same as well, I just use Creeper.

I screwed something up trying to turn into a vampire as well.

*Spoiler*

When you are bitten by a vampire does it let you know you have been contracted as it does with other diseases, and if you drank the potion from the wizard when you had corpsus disease, does that keep you from being able to turn into a vampire? Thanks.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
When you are bitten by a vampire you are notified that you have contracted a disease. At this point, before three game days are up... you can actually and completely cure yourself of Vampirism by just using a simple cure disease spell.

After you have turned into a Vampire there is only one thing you can do to cure yourself and that involves the Daedric gods... I won't say more as part of the quest is not only figuring out who to go to but also figuring out how you figure out who to go to... if you follow. But be warned that once you recieve this cure... that's it - you can never be a vampire with that character, in that save, again.

Now as for the second part of that question... the cure corpus disease potion that you get from the Telvanni wizard, Divayth Fyr, does not cure Vampirism after you have it... but if you are biten while doing the cure corpus part of the main quest AND it hasn't been three game days... then I suppose it is entirely possible for the cure corpus potion to also cure you of that bite's Vampirism... or "pre-vampirism" as it could be more suitably called.

Lastly... you will have NO DOUBT that you are a Vampire when you become one. You dream weird stuff and sunlight actually hurts you... really badly.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Thanks I'll have to try again, lol. My character is such a high level that he probably wasn't bitten.

I drank the potion to cure corpsus so I have the buffs constantly I just figured that would have been one of the reasons, my friend is borrowing my book so I don't know where to look again, but I think I can remember.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
I wonder if you can get Creeper to lelel up, or wear armor, because he could definately be used to carry a limitless amount of inventory, you'd just sell him the merchandise for a price cheaper than what you would buy it back for, of course you'd have to persuade him to do so and he isn't very stupid about this. So he could basically be used as a henchman since he'd follow you.

Also how long does he follow you, how do you get him to stay put somewhere once you want him to stay?

I may want to take him on an adventure he seems like a tough bastard, but he wouldn't want to go to some of the places I travel, that's for sure.

Just some thoughts, do I want him in the stronghold, or can he come along and how would I go about keeping him taggin along and could I level him up by allowing him to fight battles?

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I'm going to guess that the only thing that can leveled up would be the player character. Each of the NPC "adventurers" that you meet are already set at a certain level. I'm also pretty sure that the Merchant Mudcrab is leveled the same as any other mudcrab (as he dies in the same amount of hits roughly - you know depending on the max attack success of each hit etc etc). I know that about the Mudcrab because I've killed him like seven times without realizing it was him... I had to reload a previous save to correct my mistake. Anyway I say all that because I think it in some way shows that NPC are set at certain levels and nothing else has shown that they level up while you play... so I doubt they'd suddenly be able to level up just because they are tagging along with you. I would however be extremely interested in the "definitive" answer on the matter.

Anyway... a couple cool enchantments I've created.

Heart of Argonia
Item: Expensive Ring
Enchantment: Water Breathing
Soul Gem Used: Grand (Ascended Sleeper)
Effect: Constant (when equipped)

Eye of Khajiit
Item: Exquisite Amulet
Enchantment: Night Sight
Magnitude: 100

Ring of Godspeed
Item: Expensive Ring
Enchantment: Water Walking

You can find Ascended Sleepers all over the inside of the Ghostfence. I don't recommend the trip for low level characters. You don't have to use Ascended Sleepers though, Golden Saints will do. I just find it easier to hunt Ascended Sleepers as they are ALWAYS in the interior of the Ghostfence.

Anyway the coolest Enchanted Item, in my opinion, is the Eye of Khajiit. With the Night Sight spell at 100 it's basically daylight all the time! And the interiors of caves, houses or temples etc etc are all lit up awesomely. It reall makes seeing things in the game so much easier. Also having that on while swimming underwater is PRICELESS! It actually makes the visibility so much better. Frankly speaking, I never take that off now that I've played with it on.

Another thing... Say you have a bunch of high priced items and you can't sell them or don't want to waste time waiting to get the price down to where the merchant can afford it. Say you don't want the items and don't want to have them take up space in your home. Yet you might want access to them at a later time for cash or enchantment goofing around...

Well here's the thing you can do: Find a dead body - best if it's a "dead adventurer" and then just drop all your unwanted items into the body. The dead adventurers can hold seemingly infinite amounts of stuff - in fact I use just one DA (dead adventurer) and he has well over a 9000 pounds of items on him, I use him to store ALL my items I don't want to carry. Anyway my "favorite" dead adventurer is the guy in the Andrano Ancestral Tomb. That Tomb is right near Seyda Neen, basically just up a hill past the Silt Strider and on the road to Pelagiad... but for all intents and purposes it's right near Seyda Neen (it's even on that map in the Prophecies book).

Now I will say that when the DA has so many items in it's inventory it does take the Xbox a second to actually load the bodies inventory screen... but I have never had the game freeze or anything, it just takes a noticably longer few seconds to load the DA's inventory screen than normal.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Well I was informed by a member at TXB I can't become a vampire with this particular character. In bold is why this particular character cannot.

quote:

On becoming a vampire:

1. If you have contracted the disease that causes vampirism, you will see one of those pop up screens notifying you that you have contracted a disease (not "vampirism" -- technically it is "Porphyric Hemophilia"). You'll also have a corresponding disease icon.

2. If you are infected with the disease and want to become a vampire, just wait the three days. If you don't want to become a vampire, just cure common disease (spell, potion, shrine, whatever...).

3. You will become a vampire in the same clan as the vampire who bit you. You can't switch clans once you have become a vampire. Some of the vampire enhancements you receive and some of the vampire quests available to you will depend upon your clan.

4. You are not automatically infected with the disease if you are bitten by a vampire. Disease resistance will lower your chances of becoming infected. For example, Argonians have a high natural resistance to disease. If you have 100% resistance to disease, you will not be able to become a vampire. After the corpus cure you can't become a vampire unless you find a way to lower your disease resistance... I don't know if it is possible on the Xbox.

5. If your character has previously been a vampire, you cannot become reinfected.

Once you are healed of corpsus during the main quest, you have a 100% resistance to disease and it is a constant effect, unless I can find some way to get rid of the cure, I won't be able to become a vampire.

Why would I want to be one? Because they have constant better vision, the have a fortification on speed, I believe they have some sort of levetating abilities (I can do this anyways though with a spell), and they have other powers.

The Adrano Tomb is a part of a quest, dead heroes are cool as well, they always have flies swarming around them creepy stuff and it gives you that sense that these people (or whatever) tried to do what you are doing and didn't make it, and you know when the people were bad asses too, for instance I fought a demon, who gave me a damn good fight, but I prevailed, that demon had killed a dark elf who was FULLY decked in Glass armor (emorald), a Glass shield, and an AMAZING weapon (blunt weapon, enchanted). I took all of the goods, and it just made me feel as though I killed a bad ass afterwords.

I have a cool spear which allows me to Breath Under Water, and gives me Swift Swim each for about 39 seconds I believe, but I can cast it like 10 times or something because I used a Grand Soul Gem with a Doguth soul in it, so that gives it a better charge (duration).

quote:

other thing... Say you have a bunch of high priced items and you can't sell them or don't want to waste time waiting to get the price down to where the merchant can afford it. Say you don't want the items and don't want to have them take up space in your home. Yet you might want access to them at a later time for cash or enchantment goofing around...

I just use Creeper. I started with around 2 grand but I had tens of thousands worth of items on me, so I'd just buy $2000 worth of goods from Creeper, he started with $5000, so that left him with $7000, and I would sell him something worth $7000, I'd go to the bed across the way sleep until the next day and he'd have $5000 again, this time I would buy some of the more expensive things I sold him, and repeat the process. Sometimes it is time consuming but it works, and I know Mud Crab regenerates $10,000 rather than $5000 so it'd be even easier but no biggie.

I think I know the answer to my question on getting the Creeper or Mud Crab to stop following you...

I believe once you use some method of teleportion whether it be recall, Divine Interventine, Almvi Intervention, Silt Strider, Boat ride, etc you'll leave them behind and they'll wait where you last took off, not neccessarilly teleporting but any means of traveling other than foot, even levetation or if you were to run too fast for them, you'd have to go back and find them. I bought a slave and used recall, and the slave didn't follow me, and was exactly where I last left him when I went back, I freed the slave and he asked me if I was a member of the "Twin Lamps". That is another quest I'll have to look into.

I was unsuccessful in turning into a vampire, I think my character is too strong, they can hardly hit me (at least these certain vampires from this certain tomb) and when they do it hardly does any damage even without any armor on and I am fighting hand to hand which is actually at 70 now. My character is level 69, I only carry one enchanted item for each body part so that they don't switch when I scroll through them by holding down "Y" and pulling the triggers. For instance, if I am holding Sunder or Keening you need to have Wraithguard on (a gauntlet) otherwise Sunder (hammer) and or Keening (sword) can do enough damage to you to kill you, so if I am holding another enchanted right gauntlet, and it switches to it when I am cycling through them and I happen to be holding one of those two weapons it can kill me on the spot, also you don't even have to be holding either Sunder or Keening for it to hurt you, because Wraithguard fotifies your health, so my health could actually only be at 20% but with Wraithguard on it is 50%, if I were to cycle to another right gauntlet that is enchanted (I have another awesome one as well) I would die, because without Wraithguard on I would actually be at -20 health. This has happened to me before, lol, I had to figure out why I died, so I only carry one right gauntlet to prevent this, one helmet because my helmet has a constant effect for personality, one left gauntlet, etc, just so they don't switch on me, plus you don't really need to carry all of that stuff, I don't carry scrolls either, just potions and I have my own spells I have bought and made.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Twin Lamps - the actual "Twin Lamps" quest involves being a member of House Hlaalu and it's really just a one shot thing. Although you can do a "made up" quest of going around and freeing most of the slaves in the game whether you are House Hlaalu or not. Side Note: You actually can't free every slave, as you must have the slave key for each set of slaves and some slaves don't have keys to them.

Vampirism and Corpus Cure - that must be a glitch in the game as you'd think the Prophecies book would mention that. I'm glad you found out though as I was going to save the Vampire Quests for after the main quest... but now I know I'll have to do them before the Main Quest, or take a break from the Main Quest before the Corpus Cure storyline.

Vampirism and High Character Levels - My character is at Level 78 and I am able to still catch the Vampirism disease. It does take a while though and basically I just stand there, not fight and heal myself every now and again so I don't die. But once I've got it I whip out my weapon and whoop ass.

Vampirism and actually playing as one - being a Vampire is really not all that great. You can really only travel at night, which I HATE, and all the ability hikes can be gained from spells... there even is a Vampirism type spell that you can use to drain health and or magic from things without having to be a Vampire to use that ability. Then of course the second biggest draw back of being a Vampire is you can't use Silt Striders, the Mage's Guild teleportation service or ride boats... so travel is on foot, flight, swim or recall etc etc - it makes for really LONG walks to complete quests. The biggest draw back is that you CANNOT complete the main quest AS IT IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED as a Vampire - you have to go the "back path route" to finishing the game and hat leaves out cool story/plot point details. So the only value to being a Vampire is to be able to do the quests - there is really no other value to it.

Dead Adventurers versus Creeper and Merchant MudCrab - it's really no contest as to which is easier, the DA's win hands down... unless you are wanting to sell something to get money that is. But if you are just wanting to drop items and not worry about space for them then the DAs are the best option. There is no sleeping or waiting for the price bar to drop to where the stores can afford the transaction, there's no buying just to sell back a higher item etc etc... you just walk up and drop the item. Pick a DA location and just use that one guy everytime for all your drops. It's like your own personal store. Then when you need cash, pop over there - pick up a 20,000 dollar sword or whatnot and sell it for 10,000 or as much as you can. Who needs a stronghold? No one really, just find a DA location you like and you're set.

Soul Gem values - the highest Soul Gem values are Golden Saints or Ascended Sleepers at 400. I have yet to encounter any higher, even Dagoths - and I soul trap every Dagoth I fight. Side Note: I also have soul trapped other "monsters" with actual names, not just class names... I'm kinda keeping a collection. Anyway in all my travels no soul has been higher than 400 and only two monsters give those, Ascended Sleepers and Golden Saints... granted of course that a view Dagoths are Ascended Sleepers - but you get me.

Everyone likes you, almost everyone anyway - Here's a trick I stumbled on while goofing around... To do this you use the stat upping cheats found at GameFaqs. Basically you just boast your personality to such a high level that Bandits talk to you and don't attack (except for a few VERY VERY rare instances I've found) and everyone else just likes you so much it's as if you just got finished giving them the best hummer on the planet. As nasty as that sounds for us straight peeps, you still get the analogy. :lol: Anyway I goofed around and shot my personality up to 1500. Fun times, at least at cave raiding.

Talk to a Dagoth! Talk to the Ascended Sleepers! - It's easy to do, but you most likely will need the stat cheat from GameFaqs. I stumbled on this too, not saying others haven't of course. Anyway you created a Calm Creature spell that is at Magnitude 100 for as many seconds as you need, typically only 10 seconds is really is needed (time stops when are in the "convo" screen). Like I said to start though, you may need to boast your stats with the GameFaq cheat... specifically you Intelligence stat (which controls how much magic you can use)... anyway you may need to do that because the best Calm Creature spell... Magnitude 100 for 60 seconds on Touch costs 305 magic points. And of course most people's characters probably don't naturally have 305 magic points to use.

Forget about the SNEAK function, Steal all you want - Yet another thing I figured out, again not saying other people haven't... Basically all you have to do here is to create a Chameleon spell at Magnitude 100 for 60 seconds. Yeah I said the Chameleon spell... the Invisibility spell sucks, it instantly wears off whenever you do something - even if you have Invisibility enchanted to an item for a constant effect! So just use the Chameleon spell and you can take just about anything without anyone noticing. Of course the downside is that you don't level up your Sneak stat this way.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Actually I believe Vivic's sould is the most precious, it is also the most difficult to capture, I wasn't able to do it when I took the back path at beating the game (you have to kill Vivic, to recieve an uncharged Wraithguard, titled Ancient Dwemer Gauntlet taking the back path, it needs to be dealt with by talking to the only dwarf in the entire game). You never know when Vivic is about to die really, it is hard to kill him, and you'll need to keep your sould gem feeder scrolls or enought magika to cast a spell of which would capture his soul, it is very difficult, but I believe it is worth the most.

I believe a Winged Twighlights soul captured in a Grand Soul Gem is worth more than the Golden Saints, 60,000 septims and I believe a charge of 400 on the enchanted item. I like the fact that it depends on the item being enchanted on how many enchantment points it has as well, I believe the Hlervu Lockets hold the most enchantment points at 240, you can choose several different types of magic for each one and they can all have a pretty good duration and strength of effects with 240 points.

Also the second time I played the main quest through, I had to take the back path which is much more difficult (it is very puzzling) in using your mind and sword, and it isn't as fun actually. I killed a Telvani house member who challenged me to a dual in the Vivic Arena, I killed him and as a result that particular House (Telvani) wouldn't name me the Horatio which is a must to finisht the main quest, every officor from each of the four houses must name you Horatio, you have to prove this, and every Tribe leader must name you Neverer (sp) to finish the main quest.

But I did finish the game the proper way with my Orc character, and I think I will finish playing with him as well, I am going to join House Hlau (sp). I have a reputation of like 40 with my other character though.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I haven't attempted to soul trap Vivic. I figured because he is an Elf the soul trap wouldn't work... I've tired to use it on bandits before and it says there's no target or something like that. But knowing this now, I'll have to go goof around and kill Vivic then. :lol:

As for Winged Twilights... their souls are only worth 300 enchantment points... at least according to the enchantment faq at GameFaqs. I've never bothered with trapping them because I knew I needed 400 for a constant enchantment effect. Plus I knew Golden Saints and Ascended Sleepers were at 400, so they are all I really soul trap (besides Dagoths and monsters with names).

Also, don't know if you know, but the Hlervu Locket is the same as the Equisite Amulet. The only difference is that the Hlervu Locket is of some importance to a Thieve's Guild quest... in fact it seems to be specifically in the game for that purpose. Also the Hlervu Locket/Exquisite Amulet are only worth 120 enchantment points not 240, according to the enchantment faq at GameFaqs. Side Note: the item with the highest enchantments seems to be the Daedric Tower Shield at 225 points.

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
If you want to soul trap Vivic the best way to go about it is to cast multiple enchantments on your weapon.

Something like
Soul Trap, weakness to magic X, attack w/ magic X.

The Daedric Dai Katana seems to be a popular choice, and it along w/ Daedric Tower Shields seems to appear randomly on summoned Golden Saints [the GamFAQs people are using the soul trap glitch to make the GS's permanent until killed]

I don't have the game yet or access to my XBOX or I'd be able to work it out.

Oh and I found out about a neat trick. If you sell clothing to a shopkeeper sometimes they put it on. So you there's a guarded shopkeeper that you need to dispose of you can take an exquisite ring enchant is w/ a constant effect X damage type on self. You get rid of the shopkeeper and they do all the work.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Yeah... the Shopkeepers will put on or equip the best of what you sell them. The Dead Adventurers do this to, even though they are dead. :lol: Although even though the DAs "put on" the best of what you drop in them, you can still retrieve it as it is listed in their inventory screen.

As for getting rid of a Shopkeeper... there is really no need to kill a Shopkeeper, even if you are just starting out. There are ample oppertunities to steal things to get money, without having to kill.

But a good money maker that involves killing someone is to just go kill a few Ordinators in Vivic. Then hop over to the Merchant Mudcrab's island and sell the armor for thousands of dollars.

But the EASIEST money maker is joining the Mages guild right off the bat... and then buying a Chameleon spell.... then have a mage create a better version of that for you... ie Magnitude 100 for 60 seconds or whatever you can use. After that you can steal stuff right under "almost" everyone's noses.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts

The Human Torch:
I haven't attempted to soul trap Vivic.  I figured because he is an Elf the soul trap wouldn't work... I've tired to use it on bandits before and it says there's no target or something like that. But knowing this now, I'll have to go goof around and kill Vivic then. :lol:

As for Winged Twilights... their souls are only worth 300 enchantment points... at least according to the enchantment faq at GameFaqs. I've never bothered with trapping them because I knew I needed 400 for a constant enchantment effect. Plus I knew Golden Saints and Ascended Sleepers were at 400, so they are all I really soul trap (besides Dagoths and monsters with names).

Also, don't know if you know, but the Hlervu Locket is the same as the Equisite Amulet. The only difference is that the Hlervu Locket is of some importance to a Thieve's Guild quest... in fact it seems to be specifically in the game for that purpose. Also the Hlervu Locket/Exquisite Amulet are only worth 120 enchantment points not 240, according to the enchantment faq at GameFaqs. Side Note: the item with the highest enchantments seems to be the Daedric Tower Shield at 225 points.

I was never successful in trapping Lord Vivic's soul, I only read about it, but from a good source at TXB. It is going to be very hard, after all He is a God.

As far as trapping a Winged Twighlight, don't worry about it, you don't have to. When you join the Mages Guild, one of Ajir's quests calls for you sabatage one of the members there at the guild in Balmora, she informs you that the person will be gone (forgot her name), while she is gone and you are getting the recipe from this person Ajir is in some competition with you can take whatever you want and there are some nice things to take including a Grand Soul Gem with a Twighlight Soul trapped, there are others as well, but that one is worth 60,000 septims, and there is a chest and desk full of spells, potions, and enchanted items, etc.

Not as wealthy as the thieves guilds' quest for sabataging the mages guild in Ald Rhun but pretty wholesome.