Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Things to do in Elder Scrolls.

• Please log in to reply
554 replies to this topic

Xaminor

Xaminor

• Banned Users
  • 2,858 posts
In 3E 427, with Imperial authority weakened by questions of succession, the already shaky Imperial administration of Morrowind was threatened by the re-awakening of an ancient curse beneath the giant volcano Red Mountain, also called "Dagoth-Ur." An Imperial courier marked by the stars, born on a certain date to uncertain parents, came to Morrowind a stranger and outlander, and lived to become one of that nation's most enduring legends.
Posted Image
Of humble birth, he entered the Emperor's service in the lowly status of courier. Dispatched to Balmora in the waning years of the Third Era, he arrived in Morrowind, ignorant of the role he was to play in that nation's history."
- from Hercurnian Baeboris' THE RIDDLE OF THE INCARNATE, IMPARTIALLY CONSIDERED

This is one great thing that PC gamers and Xboxers have in common. So here we can discuss all of the things to do in Morrowind and if you have any questions about the main story, I can help you out, as I already passed it.

I will post a couple af Xbox screens as well, looks about as good. I don't want too many screens posted though, because I wan't everyone to be able to view them, so please link your favorite screenshots people, so 56kers can enjoy as well, thanks.

RACES

I just wanted to let you all know that when you choose your race you pick a gender and there are several faces to choose from for each race. Then you pick your class I will get to classes later though...There are over FOUR BILLION different combinations of what your character can look like in Morrowind. It is highly doubtful that two players will ever have the same looking character.

ORC (My first and favorite)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ORC
These sophisticated barbarian beast peoples of the Wrothgarian and Dragontail Mountains are noted for their unshakeable courage in war and their unflinching endurance of hardships. In the past, Orcs have been widely feared and hated by the other nations and races of Tamriel, but they have slowly won acceptance in the Empire, in particular for their distinguished service in the Emperor's Legions. Orcish armorers are prized for their craftsmanship, and Orc warriors in heavy armor are among the finest front-line troops in the Empire. Most Imperial citizens regard Orc society as rough and cruel, but there is much to admire in their fierce tribal loyalties and generous equality of rank and respect among the sexes.

Breton
Posted Image
BRETON
Passionate and eccentric, poetic and flamboyant, intelligent and willful, the Bretons feel an inborn, instinctive bond with the mercurial forces of magic and the supernatural. Many great sorcerers have come out of their home province of High Rock, and in addition to their quick and perceptive grasp of spellcraft, enchantment, and alchemy, even the humblest of Bretons can boast a high resistance to destructive and dominating magical energies.

Imperial
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
IMPERIAL
Natives of the civilized, cosmopolitan province of Cyrodiil, the Imperials are well-educated and well-spoken. Imperials are also known for the discipline and training of their citizen armies. Though physically less imposing than the other races, the Imperials have proved to be shrewd diplomats and traders, and these traits, along with their remarkable skill and training as light infantry, have enabled them to subdue all the other nations and races, and to have erected the monument to peace and prosperity that comprises the Glorious Empire.

Races continued below.

Xaminor

Xaminor

• Banned Users
  • 2,858 posts
RACES Continued

Red Guard
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
REDGUARD
The most naturally talented warriors in Tamriel, the dark-skinned, wiry-haired Redguards of Hammerfell seem born to battle, though their pride and fierce independence of spirit makes them more suitable as scouts or skirmishers, or as free-ranging heroes and adventurers, than as rank-and-file soldiers. In addition to their cultural affinities for many weapon and armor styles, Redguards are also physically blessed with hardy constitutions and quickness of foot.

Nord (barbarians)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
NORD
The citizens of Skyrim are a tall and fair-haired people, aggressive and fearless in war, industrious and enterprising in trade and exploration. Skilled sailors, Nords can be found in seaports and settlements along all the coasts and rivers of Tamriel. Strong, stubborn, and hardy, Nords are famous for their resistance to cold, even magical frost. Violence is an accepted and comfortable aspect of Nord culture; Nords of all classes are skilled with a variety of weapon and armor styles, and they cheerfully face battle with an ecstatic ferocity that shocks and appalls their enemies.

High Elf
Posted Image
Posted Image
HIGH ELF
In Imperial speech, the haughty, tall, golden-skinned peoples of Summerset Isle are called "High Elves," but they call themselves the "Altmer," or the "Cultured People." In the Empire, "High" is often understood to mean "tall," "proud," or "snobbish." The High Elves confidently consider themselves, with some justice, as the most civilized culture of Tamriel; the common tongue of the Empire, Tamrielic, is based on Altmer speech and writing, and most of the Empire's arts, crafts, and sciences are derived from High Elven traditions. However, the High Elf's smug self-assurance of his superiority can be hard to bear for those of other races. Deft, intelligent, and strong-willed, High Elves are often gifted in the arcane arts, and High Elves boast that their sublime physical natures make them far more resistant to disease than the "lesser races."

Xaminor

Xaminor

• Banned Users
  • 2,858 posts
MORE RACES

Dark Elf (Dunmer)
Posted Image
Posted Image
DARK ELF
Dark Elves are the dark-skinned Elven peoples of the Eastern Empire. "Dark" is variously understood to mean "dark-skinned," "gloomy," and "ill-favored by fate." The Dunmer and their national character embrace these various connotations with enthusiasm. In the Empire, "Dark Elves" is the common usage, but in their Morrowind homeland, and among their Aldmeri brethren, they call themselves the "Dunmer". The dark-skinned, red-eyed Dark Elves combine powerful intellect with strong and agile physiques, producing superior warriors and sorcerers. On the battlefield, Dark Elves are noted for their skilled and balanced integration of swordsmen, marksmen, and war wizards. In character, they are grim, aloof, and reserved, distrusting and disdainful of other races.

Argonian (Lizard Man)
Posted Image
Posted Image
ARGONIAN
Little is known and less is understood about the reptilian denizens of Black Marsh. Years of defending their borders have made the Argonians experts in guerilla warfare, and their natural abilities make them equally at home in water and on land. They are well-suited for the treacherous swamps of their homeland, and have developed natural immunities to the diseases and poisons that have doomed many would-be explorers into the region. Their seemingly expressionless faces belie a calm intelligence, and many Argonians are well-versed in the magical arts. Others rely on stealth or steel to survive, and their natural agility makes them adept at either. They are, in general, a reserved people, slow to trust and hard to know. Yet, they are fiercely loyal, and will fight to the death for those they have named as friends.

Wood ElfHottest chicks in the game:)

Posted Image
Posted Image
WOOD ELF
The Wood Elves are the various barbarian Elven clanfolk of the Western Valenwood forests. In the Empire, they are collectively referred to as "Wood Elves," but "Bosmer," or "the Tree-Sap People," is what they call themselves. "Tree-Sap" suggests the wild vitality and youthful energy of Wood Elves, in contrast with their more dour cousins, the Altmer and Dunmer. Bosmer reject the stiff, formal traditions of Aldmeri high culture, preferring a romantic, simple existence in harmony with the land, its wild beauty and wild creatures. These country cousins of the High Elves and Dark Elves are nimble and quick in body and wit, and because of their curious natures and natural agility, Wood Elves are especially suitable as scouts, agents, and thieves. But most of all, the Wood Elves are known for their skills with bows; there are no finer archers in all of Tamriel.

Khajiit (Cat People)
Posted Image
Posted Image
KHAJIIT
Khajiit hail from the province of Elsweyr and can vary in appearance from nearly Elven to the cathay-raht "jaguar men" to the great Senche-Tiger. The most common breed found in Morrowind, the suthay-raht, is intelligent, quick, and agile. Khajiit of all breeds have a weakness for sweets, especially the drug known as skooma. Many Khajiit disdain weapons in favor of their natural claws. They make excellent thieves due to their natural agility and unmatched acrobatics ability. Many Khajiit are also warriors, although this is less common among the suthay-raht.

That is all of the races, I added some maps to show you where they come from in the land of Morrowind. The Island is huge. As one of the reviewers mentioned they have played for 50 hours and haven't even explored 35% of the island, it is that big!

Xaminor

Xaminor

• Banned Users
  • 2,858 posts
SKILLS

Birthsigns

Posted Image
The Apprentice
Those born under the sign of The Apprentice have increased Magicka, but also have a weakness to it.

Posted Image
The Atronach
Those born under the sign of The Atronach cannot regenerate Magicka, but have a chance of absorbing any magic cast at them.

Posted Image
The Lady
Those born under the sign of The Lady have increased Endurance and Personality.

other Birth Signs

The Lord
Those born under the sign of The Lord can regenerate Health, but are weak to fire.

The Lover
Those born under the sign of The Lover have increased Agility and can paralyze others with a kiss.

The Mage
Those born under the sign of The Mage have increased Magicka.

The Ritual
Those born under the sign of The Ritual can heal faster and turn undead.

The Serpent
Those born under the sign of The Serpent can poison others at a loss of their own health.

The Shadow
Those born under the sign of The Shadow can make themselves invisible.

The Steed
Those born under the sign of The Steed can move faster.

The Thief
Those born under the sign of The Thief are harder to hit.

The Tower
Those born under the sign of The Tower can unlock doors magically and detect things at a distance.

The Warrior
Those born under the sign of The Warrior have an increased chance of hitting.

COMBAT

Block
Block skill allows one to use shields to block any melee attack. A successful block removes all damage from the attack.
Governing Attribute: Agility

Armorer
Armorer skill is used to maintain weapons and armor at top effectiveness. Worn weapons do less damage. Worn armor provides less protection against attacks. As wear increases, the diminishing effectiveness of weapons and armor is dramatic.
Governing Attribute: Strength

Medium Armor
Medium Armor skill lets one move and defend while wearing durable but flexible armors like chain, scale, bonemold, and Orcish armor. To use any style of armor effectively, the wearer must be trained, conditioned, and skilled in its use.
Governing Attribute: Endurance

Heavy Armor
Heavy Armor skill is used to move and defend while wearing massive and rigid armors like iron, steel, silver, Dwemer, ebony, and Daedric armor. To use any style of armor effectively, the wearer must be trained, conditioned, and skilled in its use.

Blunt Weapon
Blunt Weapon skill makes you more effective when using heavy bashing weapons like maces, hammers, clubs, or staves.

Long Blade
Long Blade skill lets one use broadswords, sabers, longswords, claymores, katanas, and dai-katanas effectively.

Axe
Axe skill helps a user wield heavy chopping weapons like war axes and battleaxes more effectively.

Spear
Spear skill permits effective use of long-hafted thrusting weapons like spears and halberds.

Athletics
Athletics skill trains and conditions one for running and swimming. Skilled athletes move short and long distances over land with speed and efficiency, and they also swim swiftly underwater.
Governing Attribute: Speed

MAGIC

Enchant
This skill governs the creation, use, and recharging of enchanted items. Skilled enchanters are more successful at creating new items. Enchanted items burn less power, and are recharged more efficiently from soul gems, for a trained user.
Governing Attribute: Intelligence

Destruction
The destruction skill is the mastery of the spell effects of the College of Destruction. Their spells harm living and unliving things, and include elemental damage, draining, damaging, vulnerability, and disintegration magical effects.
Governing Attribute: Willpower

Alteration
Students of the College of Alteration manipulate the physical world and its natural properties. Alteration effects include water breathing and walking, jumping, levitating, burdening, opening and locking, and creating shield barriers against physical damage.

Illusion
Spell effects of the College of Illusion alter the perceptions and thoughts of living subjects. Illusion effects blind, illuminate, paralyze, and silence, calm or enrage, charm, distract and camouflage, and render invisible.
Governing Attribute: Personality

Conjuration
The spell effects of the College of Conjuration include the mental domination of mundane and magical creatures, summonation of otherworldly weapons and armor, and summonation of Daedric or undead servants and powers to serve and protect the caster.

Mysticism
The spells of the College of Mysticism shape and focus otherworldly forces to bind souls in gems, or teleport the caster's body, or manipulate the world with telekinesis, or absorb or reflect magical energies, or sense unseen objects at a distance.

Restoration
Adepts of the College of Restoration heal, restore, and fortify the body's attributes and abilities, cure disease, and protect it from other malign influences. Restoration spells can also augment or absorb strength, endurance, intelligence, agility, and other bodily attributes.

Alchemy
Alchemy identifies magical properties in mundane substances. Substances are consumed directly, or prepared as potions to provide long-lasting benefits like healing and curing disease, water-walking, magical shielding, and fortifying bodily attributes.

Unarmored
Unarmored skill lets one avoid or reduce injury during combat while not wearing any armor by evading, deflecting, or absorbing blows. Those versed in this skill are better defended wearing no armor at all than they are when wearing armor.

STEALTH

Security
Security skill lets one open locked doors and containers with lock-picks or disarm traps with probes. This skill is essential for agents and thieves alike.

Sneak
The Sneak discipline is the art of moving unseen and unobserved. Skilled sneaks are also adept pickpockets.

Acrobatics
Acrobatics skill enables one to jump long distances and to avoid damage when falling from great heights. Nimble acrobats can reach areas others cannot get to and can direct their paths while falling.

Light Armor
Light armor skill lets one move and defend while wearing light-weight, flexible armors like leather, boiled leather, fur, chitin, and glass armor. To use any style of armor effectively, the wearer must be trained, conditioned, and skilled in its use.

Short Blade
Characters with great short-blade skill are more effective with short, quick, thrusting weapons like daggers, tantos, short swords, and wakazashis.

Marksman
With the marksman skill, one is more effective with ranged weapons like the short bow, long bow, crossbow, throwing star, and throwing knife.

Mercantile
Mercantile skill is the art of buying low and selling high. This skill guarantees lower initial prices for goods, equipment, and services, and improves chances of getting better deals by bargaining.

Speechcraft
Those skilled in speechcraft influence others by admiring, intimidating, and taunting them. Listeners are more willing to divulge information or to entrust important tasks to the skilled speaker.

Hand to Hand
Hand-to-hand skill is the martial art of unarmed combat. Hand-to-hand attacks damage only the fatigue of a standing opponent, but hand-to-hand attacks damage health when a target has been knocked unconscious by fatigue loss.

I will cover the classes next.

Xaminor

Xaminor

• Banned Users
  • 2,858 posts
Gameplay

This can be best compared to that of PSO. That is about as close as I can think of. Pretty much hack and slash combinations and then the magic is used very similar to that of PSO's as well, only in Morrowind you have other weapons besides melee, in Morrowind you have throwing stars, darts, throwing knives, crossbows, bows and arrows, and others besides just melee, sevral different types of each and many that are magic and/or poisended not to mention enchanted weapons, and you can enchant weapons and armor yourself. I will talk more on weapons and armor later, just wanted to give you an idea of the gameplay, so I am using PSO as an example. Both games allow you to take a more strategic or hack and slash approach although the magic in neither game is hack and slash, and magic looks absolutely amazing in Morrowind, I will post screens of this as well. The biggest difference is that Morrowind is solely a single player RPG and PSO is an MMORPG but PSO has a single player game and the gameplay is very similar, right down to the groups that follow you on certain quests. Morrowind allows much more freedom though.

Xaminor

Xaminor

• Banned Users
  • 2,858 posts

quote:

Originally posted by Lord Malice.

I've only played the game for about 10 minutes, (and that was on Xbox) but I've been really interested in this (on PC, of course) since not long before it's release. I've never been a big fan of RPGs, since only recently have I started to get into a few. Mostly including NeverWinter Nights, Asheron's Call 2, Final Fantasy VII, and now interested in Morrowind. Deus Ex is still my top favorite though. Simply the most brilliantly done story, gameplay, and overall game I've ever played.

But the openess of Morrowind kind of interests me a bit. Most RPGs, I tend to find a bit on the complicated and confusing side. Especially anything Dungeons & Dragons related. NWN is so far the only DnD title I've loved let alone understood and liked.

So I'm basically, just wondering how the whole combat, complexness, and replay value is really represented in Morrowind. I'm hesitant to buy it since I have really detailed expectations on what I like in an RPG. Constant pausing, complicated combat systems, actual construction of spells, etc, stuff like that kinda pisses me off. Which is why it's rare that I love NWN so much.

Plus, I've heard of some graphics and system issues with the PC version of Morrowind. IE, extremely steep system requirements. Now, I have a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 vid card, a Pentium 4 1.6, 500 megs of memory, 120 gigs of harddrive space, and Windows ME. 90% of games I have zero problem running, IE great framerate. It's never perfect frame rate, but it's still damn good. (I need a new processor and motherboard as you can see.) And I've basically heard of huge framerate drops in rather powerful systems.

Anywyay, I'll stop now.

Xaminor

Xaminor

• Banned Users
  • 2,858 posts
ITEMS

Armor

Ebony nor Daedric are listed here, I think Daedric is exclusive to Xbox, but one of the armors below is exclusive to PC (Temolar), they look pretty similar Daedric looks to be more on the evil side it is a heavy black and red armor, Temolar looks to be more of a gold.

Here are only a few of the various Western and Eastern armor styles popular in Morrowind. The native armors are presented first, in relative order of expense and rarity, and then the Western styles.

Netch Leather
Most outlanders adopt the comfortable and affordable native netch leather armor style when they come to Morrowind. The intrinsic durability and flexibility of netch hide, combined with the elaborate articulation of the Dunmer design and painstaking craftsmanship, make netch armor far superior to the heavy, inelegant leather armor styles of the West.

Chitin
Made from laminated insect shell glued with organic resins, chitin armor is also superior to any comparable Western light armor designs. Chitin armor gives better protection, but is lighter and more comfortable, than Western light leather and reinforced leather armors. Here, as in most native style, a scarf protects the neck and mouth from blowing sand and ash while campaigning.

Bonemold
Also known as 'Great House' armor in Morrowind, bonemold is a medium weight armor affordable only by Dunmer nobles. Each piece is assembled from many pieces of softened shell, molded into shape, then bonded and reinforced with resin glues. The example shown here features a distinctive House Redoran gah-julan ('great-benefit') helm with the protective cowl deployed for ash wastes travel.

Indoril
Indoril armor is the ornate heavy armor style worn by Ordinators, a military order of knights in service of the Tribunal Temple. Gold leaf details the pauldrons, bracers, and helm of this insect-shell laminate armor. So many Ordinators come from House Indoril that the armor style is known as 'Indoril' armor, though knights of all Great Houses may serve as Ordinators.

Glass
The Dunmer are the masters of light armor design, and the glass armor is the pinnacle of that design. Inspired by traditional High Elven ornate armors, this very expensive armor is studded with native volcanic glass. Remarkably light and flexible, glass armor absorbs and distributes shock better than steel.

Dwarven
The secrets of Dwemer armorcraft are long-forgotten. All examples encountered are thousands of years old, salvaged from ancient Dwemer ruins. Dwemer armor is heavy and cumbersome, but Dwemer craftsmanship and metallurgy are unmatched in any modern metal armor style. Enthusiasts pay fabulous prices for individual pieces, and the few complete sets are in the hands of collectors.

Iron Plate
Western-style iron plate provides good protection, but is so heavy and uncomfortable that despite its modest cost and wide availability in Imperialized Morrowind, adventurers and mercenaries quickly upgrade to better-quality metal armors or adopt the lighter native laminated shell armors when they can afford them.

Imperial Guard Heavy Armor
Imperial Guard armor is a more expensive and decorative version of the common Legion veteran's heavy infantry armor. Chain is worn over leather padding, with steel greaves, pauldron, cuirass, and helm.

Templar Heavy Armor
Officers of the Imperial Legion and knights of the various Imperial military orders are privileged to wear this armor. Plate cuirass and greaves and a reinforced steel helm are worn over leather padding and chain. Though heavy and uncomfortable for campaigning, this armor gives excellent protection in melee combats.

Orcish Medium Armor
Based on High Elven designs, orcish armor is an ornate but remarkably light steel plate worn over cloth padding. Light and comfortable by contrast with other steel plate designs, orcish armor commands premium prices from campaigning mercenary officers and style-conscious nobles.

Orcish is one of my favorites, especially if I am playing my Orc character because I like to keep the role playing real, but any class and any race can where any armor they want, only you have to be careful of becoming encumbered as some races and classes are stronger than others. A Nord Warrior or an Orc Warrior would be pretty damn strong and have a higher encumbrance than a Breton Wizard, etc...Anyways this is what the Orcish armor looks like. BTW the armor looks exactly like this in the game, it actually moves as your character moves, and you can even see his chest pumping when he/she is breathing hard when stamina is low. Each peice of armor can be taken off or put on seperately, you can only wear one bracer on your forearm if you wish or you can wear both, gauntlets, boots, cuirass, greeves, bracers, boots, and shoulder pads (can't think of name) can all be taken off seperately and under that your shirt and pants can be taken off, to be only in your underwear, but NPC's will treat you accordingly and they actually talk to you, with words, not just text. You are always greeted with conversation, in Morrowind.

Posted Image

Ingrediants

You actually have to know recipes to be able to make potions, poisons, food, etc...There are literally thousands of books in the game, many of which are potion recipes. You also need to buy, find, or steal the alchemist equipment to mix the ingrediants to make potions, alchemy is a skill you build, you can't just start whooping **** up.

You get the ingredian't naturally as well as through barter. For instance if I want pearls I would actually have to go to the ocean or a river close to an ocean and find scallops, open the scallop (just click on it) and hope there is a pearl in it, but you have to be careful because you can't breath underwater without magic or potions and many enemies await you in the water.

Another thing that is amazing is that you actually have to pick your own flowers (unless you by or trade them, and other things and what is cool is if you pick the flowers, herbs, roots, etc. they will grow back the next season for you to pick again from the same source. And the seasons are just amazing to boot, thunder lightning and rain in the winter, wind in the fall, sunny in the summer, and beautiful in the spring all of the seasons have different names but there are four of them, and you actually watch night turn to day and day turn to night in real time, if you don't like to travel at night (which is so cool because you can hear mother nature better) you can rest till the next day!

The attributes (ex. drain intelligence, detect key, etc...) below the ingrediants tell you the possibilities of the potion. Some classes see a question mark where the attributes are, such as warriors, sorcerers, though, will have at least one of the attributes given and the rest will be question marks until he/she gains higher in their alchemy skills.

The alchemy discipline is the processing and refinement of ingredients and materials through arcane processes to elicit and preserve their subtle, hidden magical effects in alchemical potions. The better your alchemy skill, the better you’ll be able to determine all of the magic properties of an ingredient and use it in potions.

Posted ImageAlit Hide Posted Image
The tough hide of the wild alit makes a serviceable multi-purpose leather. Ashlanders hunt the alit and use their tanned hides as trade goods.

Drain Intelligence
Resist Poision
Telekinesis
Detect Animal

Posted ImageAsh Yam Posted Image
Ash yam is a tough tuberous root vegetable with modest magical properties. It grows commonly in the Ascadians Isles region.

Fortify Intelligence
Fortify Strength
Resist Common Disease
Detect Key

Posted ImageBonemeal Posted Image
Bonemeal is a fine-ground powder from the bones of man-like races. Alchemists have identified its magical properties, and use it in various preparations.

Restore Agility
Telekinesis
Drain Fatigue
Drain Personality

Other ingrediants
Daedra’s Heart
A daedra's heart must be removed during the brief period of its appearance on the mortal plane. The daedra's heart has modest magical properties, but, since removing the heart is generally fatal to the specimen, the substance is rare and expensive.

Restore Magicka
Fortify Endurance
Drain Agility
Night Eye

Corkbulb Root
Corkbulb trees are grown for their tough, fibrous roots which have modest magical properties. On Vvardenfell corkbulb root is used in place of wood, since trees won't grow in this harsh environment. Corkbulb grows best in the Ascadian Isles.

Restore Health
Lightning Shield
Fortify Luck

Fire Petals
Fire petals have modest magical properties, and are collected from the fire fern plant that grows on Red Mountain, in Molag Mar, and on Azura's Coast.

Resist Fire
Drain Health
Spell Absorption
Paralyze

Marshmerrow
The sweet pulp of marshmerrow reeds is a delectable foodstuff, and when eaten fresh or prepared, it has modest healing properties. Marshmerrow is an important cash crop of the farms and plantations of the Ascadian Isles, but it also grows wild in the Grazelands and on Azura's Coast.

Restore Health
Detect Enchantment
Drain Willpower
Drain Fatigue

Moon Sugar
Moon sugar is a grainy powder of small white crystals refined from cane grasses of Elsewyr's coasts and esttuaries. Used as a spice in Elswyr, it has modest magical properties, and is also a potent narcotic, and illegal in Morrowind and the rest of the Empire. Criminals have attempted to grow moon sugar grasses in Vvardenfell, without success.

Fortify Speed
Dispel
Drain Endurance
Drain Luck

Pearl
These smooth, round, lustrous beads are prized for ornamental purposes. The cave collop and other native Morrowind molluscs only occasionally produce pearls; their scarcity increases their market value.

Drain Agility
Dispel
Water Breathing
Resist Common Disease

Raw Ebony
Raw ebony is one of the most precious substances in the Empire, and most of the continent's deposits are here on Vvardenfell. Raw ebony itself is an extremely hard, durable, black glass-like substance, said to be the crystalized blood of the gods. Raw ebony is protected by Imperial law, and may not be mined or exported without an Imperial charter. Ebony smuggling is a profitable but dangerous source of illegal wealth on Vvardenfell.

Drain Agility
Cure Poison
Frost Shield
Restore Speed

Saltrice
Saltrice is another of the tasty and nutritious foodstuffs with modest magical properties raised as export crops by Morrowind's farmers and plantation owners. Most saltrice seen in the Empire comes from southeastern Morrowind, but there are also some new and prospering farms and plantations in the Ascadian Isles. Saltrice also grows wild in the Grazelands and on Azura's Coast.

Restore Fatigue
Fortify Magicka
Drain Strength
Restore Health

Scuttle
Scuttle is Vvardenfell's favorite local dish. This cheese-like, greasy substance made from the flesh of local beetles is remarkably tasty, and has modest magical properties.

Restore Fatigue
Fortify Fatigue
Feather
Telekinesis

Weapons

Remember when I mentioned Daedric Armor, the Black and Red Armor? Well you can get an idea of what that armor looks like by these swords/spears, and there is no axe shown here, but those look bad ass as well. That long sword is a two handed sword that stands about five feet above you character, it looks amazing, and you can click down on the right analog stick and turn it to view your character 360 degrees, and zoom in and out with the triggers, this looks really cool when he is wearing Orcish armor (I like a mix of Orcish and Ebony) and holding this sword.

Also you want a two handed sword/axe/spear if your two handed skill is up, one handed sword/axe/dagger if your one handed skill is best, blunt, marksmen, spear, etc...There are certain guilds you won't be able to advance in unless you get certain skills to a certain level either. The more you use the weapon the higher the skill will get, the way it should be.

I am currently the Guild Master in the fighters guild, but I screwed up earlier in the game and can't become guild master in the mages guild, I am going for guild master in the thieves guild this moment. I stole an item before I was suppose to get it for a quest, and now I don't know where I sold it, and until I find it and bring it where I was suppose to for a quest, the mages guild will stay empty in Ald Ruhn and I need to talk to someone there to advance in the guild there) Oh well, rambling. Here is the Daedric weaponry, some of it anyways, there is plenty more.

Weapons popular in Morrowind can be categorized according to their material and craft. The following are described approximately in order of value and utility.

Posted Image

Daedric
Daedric weapons are made from ebony which has been refined using the craft and magical substances of the lesser minions of Oblivion. The process is not a pleasant one for the Daedra involved, and the weapons retain echoes of preternaturally prolonged suffering endured during manufacture. Daedric weapons are the most rare and expensive weapons known in Tamriel.

Chitin
These native Dunmer weapons are created from the sturdy but light exoskeletons of local creatures. Layers of chitin are typically laminated using bug resin glues to form strong but flexible weapons. The serrated edges of the original materials are exploited to create especially wicked daggers and slashing weapons.

Iron
For centuries, cheap and serviceable iron and iron-reinforced weapons have been produced in quantity for the Legions. These and similarly made iron weapons are in use throughout the Empire.

Steel
Imperial steel weapons are standard issue for the elite units of the Legions. Nobles, merchant-traders, and professional mercenaries prefer the higher quality materials and craftsmanship of Imperial steel. Various other weapons of exotic design (in particular, the tantos and katanas made in the Akaviri style) are also made of high-quality steel.

Silver
High-quality steel is plated or filagreed with silver because of the arcane effects of the precious metal on the flesh of magical and supernatural creatures. Well-heeled aristocrats and bravos also sport such weapons for their distinctive elegance.

Dwarven
These refined and elegant weapons resist corrosion and retain their edge in spite of hard use, and are notable among the distinctive relics of the extinct Dwemer race. Enterprising adventurers risk life and limb to recover these ornate, heavy weapons from the Dwarven ruins scattered throughout Tamriel.

Nordic
These massive steel weapons are forged according to the secret metalcrafts of the Nord smiths, and engraved with runes in the manner of the legendary witch-warriors of Skyrim.

Glass
These light and elegant weapons of Elven manufacture feature extravagant use of rare metals and cutting edges made from rare crystalline materials. Duellists and assassins appreciate the delicate balance and sinister sharpness of glass weapons.

Ebony Armor is very difficult to find, you won't see it on too many NPC's or monsters. I found my first Ebony Helmet in a quest DEEP in a tomb, and it pays off, the stats are amazing and it looks awesome.

Ebony
Ebony weapons are made from a rare form of volcanic glass found almost exclusively in the buried deposits and surface lava flows of Vvardenfell's Red Mountain. 'Ebony' refers to the lustrous, black, glassy surface of ebony weapons.

You can see what Ebony weapons look like in the screens from this thread.

Vivi

Vivi

• Members
  • 1,515 posts
Why does this game need a Geforce 4? It's not even that good looking. FFX looks better than this game and Fable kicks the crap out of both of them.

Anyways thanks for the write up Xam, it seems alot deeper than I originally thought. So I'm going to rent this sucker after I get my Xbox tomorrow (yay). Hopefully it will hold me down till Shenmue comes out...then Shenmue will hold me down till Fable comes out...then that will hold me down till Panzer Dragoon comes out, and so on...it will be a never ending process.

Xaminor

Xaminor

• Banned Users
  • 2,858 posts

quote:

Originally posted by Vivi:
Why does this game need a Geforce 4? It's not even that good looking. FFX looks better than this game and Fable kicks the crap out of both of them.

It doesn't need a Geforce 4, PC Gamer recomends that you have one to play the game. It isn't just the graphics, it is the size and the graphics together. The worlds in this game put Halo to shame, it is amazing how they pulled this off, you will see what I mean if you ever play it. Even being underwater (and there is supposedly an underwater city according to folk lore) is amazing, including the sounds while you are underwater, and looking up at the sun while underwater, treading water, etc. You have definately never seen water like this before, and the waves wash up on the shore as well. It is a HUGE world all rendered in 3D wiht four acual seasons, two moons, a sun, and you see day turn to night right before your very eyes, so there is an evening, dawn, dusk, morning, afternoon, night, etc. The sky looks amazing during this transaction, I use to save all of the different scenerios, but the game gets buggy if you have too many saves on it (up to about 10 is ok I think)

quote:

Hopefully it will hold me down till Shenmue comes out...

It is a hard game to play, let me give you some hints.

Do what Caius says. Follow his orders, he will lead you throught the main story. Only join one guild until you are a higher level. Either fighters guild or mages guild, there are several others but join one of these two, and join the theives guild, but don't do any duties for the theives guild for a while, just join to take care of bounties. You should join the mages guild for traveling (its cheaper and faster) as well, but only follow duties for ONE guild until you are at least level 25, and follow Caius's duties, he gets you started! You have a journal but it is easy to get caught up in doing too many other things in this game but you always end up being reminded about the main quest by someone or another. When Cuias tells you he is done with you, he only mean momentarally, until you are a higher rank, so go to your guild master and do some duties for him/her but don't forget to go back to Caius (in Balmara) after you have done all of your first duties. You can only do so many and they will tell you to go see someone else, and come back when you are a higher rank, well go see Caius, and finish up with him. When you find some spare time follow the Odai River, follow this river north, maybe before you go see Caius, you will get plenty of goods, and experience along this river, just make sure you head north. Anyways you don't need to kill Scribs, crabs, or netch, you can if you want, but many of them are diseased and theuy are not agro to you, crabs will chase you, but they don't hurt and they will leave you alone when you get far enough away. Invert the look if you want, I did.

Do not sell stolen items from rooms or guilds you have stolen them from! They will know, and will report you or try to kill you.

Try not to talk to guards too much, if you have a bounty on your head they will give you the option to fight, pay gold, go to jail, or resist arrest. You do not want to go to jail because you lose stolen items, and believe me you will be stealing and trying to get you sneak skill up. Some quests will call for you to steal. You can sneak around and NPC's will act curious while you are sneaking too, they will whistle, or say things like "What was that noise...?", they will know you are up to something, try to get them to look the other way by hailing them, and making them turn toward you, but they won't stay that way long...so hurry. Your sneak skill will become so good you can pick pocket them. This is how. Usually when you walk up to an NPC (non player character) they greet you with actual words, sometimes it isn't a freindly greeting, when you click on them it shows you a sentence above their head, in this sentence there are blue words, every such word is in an index on the right column, click that word in the right column and that is how the conversation takes place, a new sentence will appear and new blue words, and new words in the column, and it goes on like this, when you meet Dogath Ur and or Vivec this goes on for about as long as you want it to, this is where you will hear the truth of the story,although you will know most of it by the time you see them. Now if you are in sneak mode it doesn't show you an index, it shows you their inventory if you the sneak icon was up and your sneak skill is good enough you can take one, or go for all of these items in the inventory.

Another hint, you can join the theives guild to get prices off of your head. Join the thieves guild just for this reason at the begining but don'g do any of their quests for quite a while.

Do the commona tongue quest from someone in Fort Moonmoth. Trust me, be a bad ass before you do it though, probably level 25-30.

Traveling If you chose the Mages Guild you can travel from guild to guild from teleporters, a couple of them (Ald Rhun is one) don't have teleporters, but you can always take a Silt Strider, you will hear and see Silt Striders, if you can't find them, ask around town, you will.

I screwed up last night! I tried to sleep on someone elses bed in the mages guild (which is my guild) and was caught, my crime was reported, I have a 5 gold bounty on my head (guards wont bother me for that unless I hail them first, but the higher the bounty the more agressive they are toward you) and now I need to "make ammends". This is how I found out, lol. I was suppose to go to the mages guild in Vivic because the mage in Ald Rhun told me to get a book there, she said she doesn't care how I get it, just get it and warned me about stealing throughout the guild, lol, there is all kinds of scandelous things going on, many NPC's don't like each other even in their same guilds and you working with one or the other is going to effect your outcome in the guild, so be careful, anyways I have to get this book, so I took a Silt Strider from Ald Rhun (no teleport there0 to Balmara, went to the mages guild there to teleport to Vivic, and the teleporter told me by my actions (bed) I needed to see *insert name* to make amends, I went to see her, and she told me I needed to speak with the guildmaster in Vivic, lol. This is funny because Vivic is HUGE and far away, so I have to take a Silt Strider to Vivic from Balmara and then I have to manually find the Mages Guild when I get there, if I could have teleported it would have brought me straight to the Mages Guild in Vivic and then I could have got the book and teleported straight back to Ald Rhun. Once I get there, I will pay my fine (you get a warning the first time, I believ but I am not taking any chances), and I will get this book, and teleport from Vivic to the lady who wants the book in the Mages Guild in Ald Ruhn.

This is a tough game to rent and be able to appreciate, you won't get far, not far at all.

Lord Malice

Lord Malice

The Pixelante

• 12,646 posts
I just won an auction for Morrowind PC

Jedi Master Bryce

Jedi Master Bryce

• Members
  • 20,650 posts
I don’t care for the game that much. A buddy of mine has it and I have been playing it a bit and I dont think I will be buying it from him now.

Lord Malice

Lord Malice

The Pixelante

• 12,646 posts

Jedi Master Bryce:
I don’t care for the game that much. A buddy of mine has it and I have been playing it a bit and I dont think I will be buying it from him now.

And just what don't you like about it?

Jedi Master Bryce

Jedi Master Bryce

• Members
  • 20,650 posts
Pretty much everything, The best part is just standing looking at the water. It does have the best water I have seen OMG.

Rori Firehawk

Rori Firehawk

• Members
  • 3,138 posts
I can't quite get into it... most of the char models are plug-ugly, LOL. I went with a Wood Elf... good at stealing, but not much else! Meh.

Xaminor

Xaminor

• Banned Users
  • 2,858 posts
Congrats Lord.

JMB, you are right the water is the best ever, the worlds are also more epic and immersive than anything else on the Xbox.

Rori. Wood Elf, bleh. Ya little thief. lol. Actually sneaking around trying to get your probing, locksmith, and sneak skills up is a fun thing to do in itself, but I would prefer a sorcerer, and if you want to have more fun, creat and name your own custom class. There is an option where you can create a custom class. I was just playing, a new character, Level 2, Breton, Enchanter (custom class) I almost made a Witch Hunter or a paladin, but I chose skills that would benefit an Enchanter and named it an Enchanter for his class. Pretty cool, I have ranked as high as I can (conjurer) in the Mages Guild, without bringing my requirements up, they won't let me rank again until I have brought my Mage Guild requirments up, no matter how many quests I perform for them, so I am going to kill some ratts, and little things for a couple of hours to bring my casting skills, intelligence, and my unarmed skills up, then they will promote me.

I am also in the thieves guild but I am only doing quests in the Mages Guild and I am doing what Caius wants me to, otherwise my journal will get too confusing. The only reason I really joined the theives guild was to pay off bounties on my head, people will actually hire assassins if your bounties get too high, and I don't want to have to pay off guards, resist arrest, or go to prison.

I think I am going to go back and talk to Caius and get started on the main quest with my new character, he only wanted me to rank in a guild and come back and talk to him, I am high enough in the Mages Guild so I am going back to talk to Caius, his quests require more fighting, so my requirements and levels will rise and I can go be promoted at the Mages Guild, eventually all the way to Guild Master.

LocoJ

LocoJ

• Members
  • 117 posts
I'm
Kahjit
Sign - thief
lvl 47
wear all deadric
and havent even done 1 thing on main quest, probably can't. I have killed many many bad people, including that guy who was the kings cousin.

Chadder396

Chadder396

• Members
  • 463 posts
Never played this one, do you think it'd be a good rental for a person who's never really been a fan of RPGs?

Xaminor

Xaminor

• Banned Users
  • 2,858 posts
Cool Loco. You should start another character and follow the main quest.

Did you know there was a talking mud crab that generates 10,000 septims every 24 hours?

If you want to learn how to find him, let me know, but you probably killed him, lol since he is just labled "Mud Crab". Creeper in Caldera regens coin as well, but I am not sure how it works.

Loco this is why it pays off to read the books in Morrowind.

I was reading a book one time and it was around 16 pages long. It was a story of how the Mud Crabs and Scribs weren't aggro toward us, it was quite touching actually and I haven't killed either one of their kind since.

Somethin about a boy throwing stones at them and one of the mud crabs asking him why he was doing that to them

For a mud crab to attack you, you literally have to step on them, and even then (unless diseased) they don't hurt you, and when you run away they won't chase you far, even after an attack. Same with Bull Netch and other creatures in Morrowind. It does more harm than good to attack and kill certain creatures, for instance if I didn't read that book I probably would have killed the talking mud crab. Just stay away from them, leave them be, they carry diseases as well, so it makes the game more fun to role play this way.

Chadder, I would recomend at least rent this game. If you like RPG's don't even rent it, just buy it...

Tidus X

Tidus X

• Members
  • 45 posts
I was wondering if anyone has obtained the Daedric Crescent? I've heard it's in Tel Fyr's Courpseium (sp?) I've searched all over it (at least I think so..) and still didn't find anything but those 100 lock-level chests which only had keys and misc. items inside. Is there some secret door, or is it not in there?

Xaminor

Xaminor

• Banned Users
  • 2,858 posts
I'll try to find out...

Tidus X

Tidus X

• Members
  • 45 posts
Nevermind, I have found the Daedric Crescent. It's actually very easy to get. First you'll need an Unlock 100 spell or scroll. Travel to Tel Fyr, levitate up to Daryvith Fyr's (sp?) chamber. Take a look at the small chest on the third (second) shelf. The small chest shall have a lock level that is at 100, that's when the scroll or spell comes in handy. Unlock it and grab the Amulet inside, put it on. It will take you to a tower where there will be a Dremora. He is a moderate enemy to defeat. Once you've killed him the amulet will be transformed into the legendary Daedric Crescent. It's a pretty good weapon it'll summon a Dremora along with a wimpy Scamp.

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,819 posts
i've played just a little bit of morrowind, and i couldn't get into it. but again, it was only a little bit, so...

Jedi Master Bryce

Jedi Master Bryce

• Members
  • 20,650 posts
Yeah i didn't liek it when i played it.

Xaminor

Xaminor

• Banned Users
  • 2,858 posts
Morrowind is a game you have to play for a while before you can actually start to appreciate it. Kind of like Shenmue in that sense...

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
I just joined House Telvani to begin getting into the politics of the game.

What House did you decide to join if any, and are you glad you chose such a house?