Black Mesa - A Total Conversion for all Half-Life fans

Lord Malice

Yes, it was inevitable. But here it is guys. I've been following these folks for a while. It's, of course, a remake of Half-Life 1. But with a few new additions and tweaks (not counting the graphics overhaul) to help it mesh with Half-Life 2. You can read all about it at their site: Clickity Click.

Suffice to say, dig the screenshots.

There are some more screens on the website, but this was my personal best of the batch. You guys need to read the FAQ though, as it lists every change and improvement they're making. To be honest, I think their website is better than most professional developer websites.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason's brain: God Jason why the **** don't you upgrade your computer?

Jason: Because I'm a lazy bastard and its not like I'm a fan of PC games anymore besides Half-Life...

Jason's brain: *slaps Jason* The Half-Life universe is reason enough to upgrade you fool!

I should listen to my brain. yes

Half-Life: Source is basically.. Half Life.. but with some lighting changes, and the physics engine was supposedly ported over to it, though.. they didn't change anything about the game itself so there is hardly any instances where you can actually SEE those physics being shown off or used in game play.

There was no graphical improvement whatsoever to Half-Life: Source.

Yeah, HL:Source looked pretty much no different. It was more used as an example to modders that they could port their mods to the Source engine with ease.

For those of you interested in the story of Half-Life, check this out:

That would be the G-Man and Gordon's images fused together. Look a lot alike, don't they? Both have green eyes, right? Hm indeed.

Another one for individual comparison.

So yeah, there's a big theory circulating these days that the G-Man (Gordon Freeman?) is actually Gordon from the future, who I guess hung out with the aliens too much and ****ed up his speeching skills or something, and came back to right his wrongs. Or something to that effect.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.