Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Halo 2.

2471 replies to this topic

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts

Bungie on Halo 2: We Screwed Up
By: César A. Berardini - "Cesar"
Jan. 23rd, 2007 9:26 am
This story will probably make Father Vad's day. In this interview with EDGE magazine, Chris Butcher of Bungie Studios has publicly admitted that Bungie committed many mistakes in the development of Halo 2. Comparing the time dedicated to polish Halo and its sequel, Butcher said:

"We miscalculated, we screwed up, we came down to the wire and we just lost all of that. So Halo 2 is far less than it could and should be in many ways because of that. It kills me to think of it. Even the multiplayer experience for Halo 2 is a pale shadow of what it could and should have been if we had gotten the timing of our schedule right. It’s astounding to me. I f*cking cannot play Halo 2 multiplayer. I cannot do it. And that’s why I know Halo 3 is going to be so much better.

This is the first time that Bungie acknowledges some of the issues found in Halo 2 such as the cliffhanger ending, weapon balancing in multiplayer, among others.

http://news.teamxbox...-We-Screwed-Up/

I see this coming out for many possible reasons:

Bungie has very high standards; being Halo 2 is one of the most played online shooters ever (see post before this one).

They were running short of time and rushed Halo 2; which we all know to be true.

Halo 3 is going to be a ******* beast (and it will be).

They're saying this as a marketing ploy for Halo 3 :shrug:

Sephi

Sephi

Curse you Frances, curse you

• 18,789 posts

They're saying this as a marketing ploy for Halo 3

Yeah, that's all I see this as. They could've admitted this anytime in the past 3 years but reserved it for the stretch before Halo 3 comes out.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
I agree. That's probably why they're busting out with that **** now :lol: Damn, only two months. If I don't have a 360 by the time this is released, I'll be pissed off (it'll be the first Halo game I didn't have on day one) :lol:

Lord Malice

Lord Malice

The Pixelante

• 12,646 posts
Pretty much goes like this:

Bungie: Check out our new game, Halo. It's pretty neat.
Reviewers: Woah, wonderful launch title Bungie.
Gamers: Holy smokes, tons of fun.
Year passes.
Bungie: NOW WE R EXTREME AND WILL DEVELOP A BLOCKBUSTER EPIC SEQUEL TO HALO
Reviewers: YAY! YAY HALO 2! IT WILL BE AMAZING!
Gamers: LOL LIBRARY SUX AND LEVELS ARE THE SAME OVER AND OVER. BUT LOOKS LIKE HALO 2 WILL BE AWESOME
Halo 2 is released.
Bungie: HALO 2 ROX GUYS
Reviewers: THEY'RE RIGHT IT TOTALLY DOES
Gamers: IT'S PRETTY COOL
Months pass.
Bungie: HALO 2 IS AWESOME FELLAS
Reviewers: YA IT'S A DAMN FINE GAME.
Gamers: MEH, I SAY! NO ENDING
Year passes, Halo 3 soon to be released.
Bungie: SO YA, HALO 2 KINDA SUCKED. BUT, HEY CHECK OUT THE UPCOMING HALO 3 IT'LL BE DA BOMB DIGGITY, YO
Reviers and Gamers: OH YES! ORGASM!

But yeah. The love/hate circle continues.

I have to admit, I disagree about the ending of Halo 2, I loved it. Now what I mean by that is

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
You forgot about Halo 2 Vista :/

Sephi

Sephi

Curse you Frances, curse you

• 18,789 posts

I have to admit, I disagree about the ending of Halo 2, I loved it. Now what I mean by that is

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Lord Malice

Lord Malice

The Pixelante

• 12,646 posts
It had to be done, brother.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts

only two months

Only two months until what?

Durty D

Durty D

Star Wars nerd

• Members
  • 5,919 posts
So Bungie own up to what everyone* has been saying all along - wow - stop the press - megaton!

Pretty much agree that this is typical marketing hype. Our last Ford could have been better but this new one is awesome - go out and put your name down at your local dealership now.

*does not include AMU, defender of the faith.

gescom7

gescom7

• Members
  • 2,246 posts
there's a whole video game world out there aside from halo... just so everyone here knows... ;)

Lord Malice

Lord Malice

The Pixelante

• 12,646 posts
I don't know what you're talking about.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Mac, I thought Halo 3 was to be released in March.

Undome Telcontar

Undome Telcontar

Home.

• Members
  • 13,400 posts
not till november over here, i don't know about you guys.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
There's no official release date yet, but the multiplayer beta isn't even starting until Spring.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
The first day of spring is March 21st. Maybe it will be released by the end of the season :shrug:

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
All the gamestop guys over here have said that its going to be released in November.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
November is probably more likely, but the date that Gamestop has is just an estimate. They always put out estimate dates on games that have not received an official date.

Lord Malice

Lord Malice

The Pixelante

• 12,646 posts
I'd think MS would want it is a pretty big holidays release, so my bet's on November too.

ivanjrn

ivanjrn

I'm Rick James bitch!

• Members
  • 68 posts
This thread = win! f48 ftw

Lord Malice

Lord Malice

The Pixelante

• 12,646 posts
I can't believe this thread is four years old.

Domo-Kun

Domo-Kun

Gravemaker and Gunslinger

• Members
  • 3,443 posts
I hate when there's a title you watch and you follow and its a big deal, then it's released and you're like 'it's already out? i remember when they announced it and it seemed like it'd be forever until i play it....just sayin."

Jango Fett

Jango Fett

The King

• Members
  • 3,861 posts
Why the hell is everyone talking about Halo 2?

Reply to this topic