Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GTA: San Andreas

• Please log in to reply
1284 replies to this topic

soapofdurden

soapofdurden

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
REVOLUTION!

Jango Fett

Jango Fett

The King

• Members
  • 3,861 posts

Final DarkHour:
and don't you goddamn include my name in a post unless its next to "Is like a god to me"...

FDH. There you go b*tch blush

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts

Link:

Link:
the fighting is completely senseless button mashing

I'm sorry that one button for punching and one button for shooting are too complicated for you. Amazingly, that's the only thing in the entire thread I felt was worth saying anything about. Or maybe it's not amazing. Between you and FDH, I don't know who's the bigger retard. Speaking of which...

laugh

What does the games fighting engine being SENSELESS BUTTON MASHING have to do with complication? If anything I'm complaining about the fighting engine being to simple, and it is especially compared to True Crimes.

Yeah, that's it I'm retarded

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• 11,652 posts
True crimes sucked, GTA at least had a fun factor that I enjoyed. Senseless killing is thebest in GTA, and getting to ride a bike/helicopter in the last one made it even better. True crimes just isnt as good...

Gibberish

Gibberish

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Link:

Link:
the fighting is completely senseless button mashing

I'm sorry that one button for punching and one button for shooting are too complicated for you. Amazingly, that's the only thing in the entire thread I felt was worth saying anything about. Or maybe it's not amazing. Between you and FDH, I don't know who's the bigger retard. Speaking of which...

Um... who said anything about complicated? It sounded to me that AMU was simply saying the fighting system in GTA sucks... which it does.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
To me gameplay is what matters first. True Crime actually has a fighting system that rivals that of some fighting games, that is amazing for this type of game considering that in GTA all you do is press a button. That is WEAK.

The driving in TC is more fun as well, and there are more stunts in True Crime.

Finally True Crime looks a LOT better than Vice City and this can be proven. The street textures, the character models and their animations, the vehichles, the transition from night to day, the weather effects ALL look much better in TC.

Not to mention the city in TC is an ACTUAL CITY.

Whether or not the story sucks comes down to an opinion, but at least the story takes place in a real city, not to mention it looks better, plays better, and isn't as buggy.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I loved the fact that GTA3 was a fictional city. Liberty City is awesome. It's like its own separate little world. I in fact liked that fictional setting way more than Miami in VC.

As for all your other points I have never played True Crime so have no place to comment on those opinions. I'll have to get around to giving it a try.

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

A Munkeys Uncle:
The GTA series is the biggest overrated piece of crap I've ever owned. It probably has something to do with me actually owning REAL NEXT GENERATION games.

This is the kind of fanboy crap that invalidates a lot of other things you say. GTA III/VC must be a "fake" next gen game. :rolleyes:

quote:

Then I finish the armored truck mission, and I'm on my way to my house so I can save the game and sure enough, it FREEZES! This IS the buggiest Xbox game there is, it looks like UTTER **** compared to other Xbox games (and the Xbox version is the best looking), the load times take a freaking year and they happen too often (and the Xbox has the fastest load times), the draw distance is rediculously weak (again the Xbox version has the furthest draw distance), the aiming system sucks and it is the same exact system as any other version, etc, etc...

and here is the requisite specs of what the Xbox can do. AMU everyone gets that. WE KNOW the Xbox has the best hardware. Maybe if you weren't so concerned about draw distance, polygons per second rendered, and whether or not the guys hand has 5 fingers, you'd be able to just enjoy the game like normal gameplayers do. You may think this series is overrated, but there's a reason why it's the biggest selling game in history. Gamers love it, and come back for more.

re: on your True Crime tirade. There's a REASON why the fighting system in GTA is simplified. It's called efficiency. You can go whack an entire block of pedestrians/businessman/gangmembers/hookers and get mad loot in a matter of minutes. It's INTENTIONAL.

When I played TC I was impressed the first 2 or 3 fights that I could do flying kicks and somersault punches and all that jazz, but it got rather time consuming that I had to perform a myriad of fighting combinations to take down ONE pedestrian.

TC is a glorified copycat of what GTA had established. Wrapped in a prettier bow, but nowhere near as good a game. As you said, it's about the GAMEPLAY (including storyline/character depth) not that the cars are <amu> 4x anti aliased </amu>.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
I don't really think the game is a piece of crap, I feel it is the most "over rated piece of crap..."

True Crimes happens to be "under rated" in my opinion although it ranks fairly high.

And gameplay does come first, and the gameplay in TC is more more intense than that in GTA, particularly the fighting which is an actual fighting engine where you can learn moves in dojos and what not. So it has a DEEP fighting engine despite being an adventure/action game. You can pull out your badge, fire warning shots in the air, and you're a COP not a gangster in True Crime so it's different. And in that respect you can choose different paths in TC, good or bad cop.

Then you have the driving, again you can shoot from your vehichle, and there are more stunts than in GTA. The driving is more fun.

All this and it looks much better than either of the GTA games.

Then of course story. Well it's no secret that GTA has a LONGER story, but True Crimes story takes place in a REAL city and isn't "short" by any means, so in regards to the story it all depends on what you like.

The gameplay on all fronts (even graphics play a role in gameplay, particularly textures, resolution, lighting, and draw distance) is just more technical, seamless, and advanced in True Crime.

Link

Link

The Terrible Secret of Space

• Admin
  • 6,448 posts

A Munkeys Uncle:
I'm retarded

Yeah, that's what I said. thumbs_u

Lord Malice

Lord Malice

The Pixelante

• 12,646 posts
I love you, Nat.

Euronymous

Euronymous

Sworn to a Great Divide

• 10,041 posts

Otanku:
and here is the requisite specs of what the Xbox can do. AMU everyone gets that. WE KNOW the Xbox has the best hardware. Maybe if you weren't so concerned about draw distance, polygons per second rendered, and whether or not the guys hand has 5 fingers, you'd be able to just enjoy the game like normal gameplayers do. You may think this series is overrated, but there's a reason why it's the biggest selling game in history. Gamers love it, and come back for more.

re: on your True Crime tirade. There's a REASON why the fighting system in GTA is simplified. It's called efficiency. You can go whack an entire block of pedestrians/businessman/gangmembers/hookers and get mad loot in a matter of minutes. It's INTENTIONAL.

When I played TC I was impressed the first 2 or 3 fights that I could do flying kicks and somersault punches and all that jazz, but it got rather time consuming that I had to perform a myriad of fighting combinations to take down ONE pedestrian.

TC is a glorified copycat of what GTA had established. Wrapped in a prettier bow, but nowhere near as good a game. As you said, it's about the GAMEPLAY (including storyline/character depth) not that the cars are <amu> 4x anti aliased </amu>.

See perfect logical sense. AMU's as a sharp as a bowling ball to ever understand that and may I also provide this example to AMU in a collection of others of why he is the biggest 'tard on NN.

BECAUSE HE IS A FANBOY AND NOTHING ELSE.

Gibberish

Gibberish

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Otanku:
There's a REASON why the fighting system in GTA is simplified. It's called efficiency. You can go whack an entire block of pedestrians/businessman/gangmembers/hookers and get mad loot in a matter of minutes. It's INTENTIONAL.

So they intentionally made it suck?

And no, the simplicity does not make the whacking of pedestrians more efficient; it's just more repetitive that way. You still have to press that button a certain number of times to get the cash from them.

Don't get me wrong. I still think GTA 3 and VC are great games, but the fighting truly does suck. I don't see why you must wade through the muck to defend it other than to avoid conceding to AMU on this matter.

Sephi

Sephi

Curse you Frances, curse you

• 18,789 posts

Link:

Link:
I'm retarded

laugh

Final DarkHour

Final DarkHour

• Members
  • 3,770 posts

Link:
Pardon, I'm not as affluent in petty bickering on a message board as you are.

Well, apparently you have trouble reading as well, since as I can see you didn't actually understand anything I have said.

Link:
I must, of course, be inferior.

For not being able to read? Yes.

Link:
I have absolutely no right to an opinion

I'm glad we agree on something.

You just insulted someone after a thread being full of name calling. RIGHT after it stopped, **** you're an idiot. It was completely off topic and it was a direct attack against two members.

Link:
nor do I posess the ultimate in gaming knowledge that you clearly so completely do.

I don't remember doubting you about video games in this thread at all, in fact adressing you was about flaming, once again, your ability to read fails you :( .

Link:
gaming knowledge that you clearly so completely do.

You give me too much credit *******.

Link:
Please, sir, beg your pardon for venturing to speak your holy name.

God you're lame... Yet you have my pardon, :) Ma'am.

Link:
FDH. There you go b*tch blush

haha, I actually liked that one, respect. :)

Link:
Oh, I have a great idea. Let's make AMU or FDH mod. unimpres

Lets! I'm glad you're licking my shoes so much, there's hope for you after all.

Link:
Why isn't this closed and locked yet? We need new mods.

Refer to the above. :D

Sephi

Sephi

Curse you Frances, curse you

• 18,789 posts
someone please ****ing close this thread.

Final DarkHour

Final DarkHour

• Members
  • 3,770 posts

sephiroth lives:

Never its too much fun now.

Shady

Shady

Lean Toward The Sun

• Members
  • 6,253 posts
Holy moly! I have ignored this thread because I don't own a PS2 (sorry) and wow...

If this thread does NOT show you why this is one of the forums on the downslope in traffic, then I don't know what else will! It doesn't help when you have non-active mods either. Incredibly, horrendously, (the capacious realm could go on and on), pathetic.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Yeah, I'm thinking we should definitely ask the admins to add another mod to this place, in addition or replacement of one or both the current ones. No disrespect to either of them of course, they have no obligation to be around constantly, but unfortunately this is one of the few forums that does require a regular babysitter.

Euronymous

Euronymous

Sworn to a Great Divide

• 10,041 posts

Final DarkHour:

Final DarkHour:

Never its too much fun now. :(

I agree.

Stop being a baby sephi.

soapofdurden

soapofdurden

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
It kinda died in here.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts

Link:

Link:
I'm retarded

Maybe, but if so I'm a comprehensive retard unlike another (retard) I can think of.

To say that a game is mindless button mashing is simply saying that it is too simple, not too complicated. Wow.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts

quote:

Originally posted by Otanku:
There's a REASON why the fighting system in GTA is simplified. It's called efficiency. You can go whack an entire block of pedestrians/businessman/gangmembers/hookers and get mad loot in a matter of minutes. It's INTENTIONAL

Sorry Otanku, but it wasn't intentional. Honestly it isn't easy fitting in multiple genres into one game as games such as GTA, Shenmue, and True Crime have but TC has managed to do it best.

True Crime actually has a lot of similarities to GTA and still manages to have a fighting system that isn't mindless button mashing as GTA's is.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts

Jason Solo:
Yeah, I'm thinking we should definitely ask the admins to add another mod to this place, in addition or replacement of one or both the current ones. No disrespect to either of them of course, they have no obligation to be around constantly, but unfortunately this is one of the few forums that does require a regular babysitter.

I hire you! You're always here, and Mori/JMB would be but they apparently have lives laugh Or at least at the moment.

soapofdurden

soapofdurden

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
I don't know why you keep defending True Crime, AMU. That game blows too. It may be better than VC (which Im not sure it is) but that's not saying much.

quote:

Honestly it isn't easy fitting in multiple genres into one game as games such as GTA, Shenmue, and True Crime have but TC has managed to do it best.

Shenmue did it way better than both of those. Shenmue was underrated.