Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GTA: San Andreas

• Please log in to reply
1284 replies to this topic

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I only noticed one bug in Morrowind, but it proved annoying. I don't know if anyone else got it, but it was that sometimes when I'd go to my map/inventory/journal the game would freeze, or give me the dirty disc error. That proved to be quite frustrating because you need to look at that stuff constantly. So I ended up always cringing everytime I pressed the A button because I feared the game would freeze.

The bugs I got with GTA was the dirty disc error, sometimes textures wouldn't show up properly, and when that happened I'd restart, because nine times out of 10 when that happened, the game froze soon after. Strangely though, the bugs seemed to become less and less frequent the more I played.

And I totally agree with AMU that the aiming system completely sucks ass, which is probably my biggest complaint with the game. All the other aspects of the game was so much fun for me though that I was able to let it go for the most part. Still I hope it's something they drastically improve upon.

Final DarkHour

Final DarkHour

• Members
  • 3,770 posts

Euronymous:
Wow, you must be a pretty big man for calling a mod an idiot. I bet people in that forum were following you around all day, thinking that your a real hero.

Apparently that was the idea. I never said I was, I'm just saying what happend, why are you still hanging off my nuts? wtf? thumbs_d

Euronymous:
I remember that, actually. Mandard was actually the recipiant of one of your many over-exaggerated emotional explosions. Whoever it was that warned was just trying to help you out, seeing as he could've easily just banned you on grounds of being an ass. Had nothing to do with balls, that person just figured you probably didn't want to be banned. Luckily it didn't matter though becuase Mandard is more mature than most of us and just let it go.

You guys are ****ing amazing!
I told a random story just to tell AMU that something simular happend. You ended up quoting me, putting words in my mouth, insulting me and prooving my point once more that if I pissed off that mod enough he'd ban me on count of being an "ass". Oh wow, banned on one's opinion about me. Awesome.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Hmm...didn't mean to insult you, as you have had no problems admitting that you can be an ass so I didn't think recalling a past instance in which you asummed the role would tick you off. Ah well. Basically I just meant to point out that the person who told you it "wasn't a good idea to insult a mod" or whatever the exact words were was only trying to help you out. Oh and I didn't prove your point, I said Mandard could've banned you for being an ass, if he really wanted to. But he didn't. As I said he's above that and realized it was no big deal and just let it go.

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests
In my own defense, I never use my modness as an excuse to warn or get anybody banned. Even when I am attacked.

Final DarkHour

Final DarkHour

• Members
  • 3,770 posts

Tank:
In my own defense, I never use my modness as an excuse to warn or get anybody banned. Even when I am attacked.

I respect that, in fact, you saying that makes it a bit less of a thrill to make an argument with you... Alas, I'll recall that next time. :) Oh and thanks for the middle finger wish-pm. It warmed my heart, lol.

On topic:

I hope they post some screens and info soon, that is if its REALLY* coming out this year...

Alas, with our luck, it is SO getting delayed. I can just see it, because its slated for the last quater, so, thats a kick in the ass...

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts

Euronymous:

Euronymous:
ACtually its funny you say that. Once I was arguing with someone on the movies forum and I called a mod, an idiot, someone actually replied and said are you "sure" you want to call a mod an idiot! ... Thats called lacking the balls, when another person warns one about things like that, there you go. :)

Wow, you must be a pretty big man for calling a mod an idiot. I bet people in that forum were following you around all day, thinking that your a real hero.

thumbs_d

You're the one that brouth balls/"guts" into this in the first place. laugh Hypocrite.

Mr. Banana

Mr. Banana

• Banned Users
  • 2,257 posts

A Munkeys Uncle:

A Munkeys Uncle:

A Munkeys Uncle:

I mean come on, I have given this game chance after chance!

The other night I'm playing the mission where I have to kill the Chinese guy, well I busted up his car before he could run to it because you have to do stuff like this, because the aiming systme completely BLOWS!

LMAO! I know what you mean. But seriously, half the fun in GTA is **** going wrong. Frustrating but some cool moments. Aiming system not the best, granted. But the fact that you can have random acts of violence at any time throughout the game is just so damn cool.

Oh yeah, real violent? Finger painted blood just gets me so sick to my stomach :rolleyes: Again, once you've actually owned a real next gen system and played a real next gen "violent" game you'll understand.

Dude, just shut up with the system comparisons here. Not everyone gets a woody over internal hardrives, or busts a nut over how many RAM cycles or whatever you guys talk about.

Sephi

Sephi

Curse you Frances, curse you

• 18,789 posts
Mr. Banana you're way outta line!

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts

Mr. Banana:
ust shut up with the system comparisons here. Not everyone gets a woody over internal hardrives, or busts a nut over how many RAM cycles or whatever you guys talk about.

Have you seen the blood in GTA? It's a joke, the game is a graphical mess on all fronts, the fighting is completely senseless button mashing as is the targeting system, the load times are horrendous, it's buggy, and you can't even save whenever you'd like so you're forced to start missions all over again many times.

I didn't even bring up the Xbox's hardware int he post you quoted me on laugh

soapofdurden

soapofdurden

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
The only thing GTA has going for it is good story and characters. That's all.

And the music in Vice City kicks ass. thumbs_u

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Yeah I love the story, and a ton of ideas are great as well. The music does kick ass in Vice City and the CD player in the Xbox version is a cool idea as well, so you can listen to your own CD's.

soapofdurden

soapofdurden

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Besides those two things, it's a buggy, ugly, boring shoot-em-up with horrible controls.

im_so_evil_it_hurts

im_so_evil_it_hurts

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
The contorls were fine with a mouse and keyboard, and the game looked great at 1200x1000 resolution i had 0 bugs and virtually no load time.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
The shooting controls were better on the PC (and tweaked galore) but the vehichle controls weren't as good.

That said, the Xbox version at 640 x 480 looks better than the PC version at any resolution.

You can't shine a tird and make it look nice.

The Xbox version went as far as using real time lighting, better textures, deeper draw distance and depth of feild, and even progressive scan support, and EVEN 5.1DD surround sound, but it still has PS 2 port written ALL OVER IT.

Link

Link

The Terrible Secret of Space

• Admin
  • 6,448 posts

A Munkeys Uncle:
the fighting is completely senseless button mashing

I'm sorry that one button for punching and one button for shooting are too complicated for you. Amazingly, that's the only thing in the entire thread I felt was worth saying anything about. Or maybe it's not amazing. Between you and FDH, I don't know who's the bigger retard. Speaking of which...

Posted Image

Dom

Dom

Proper Rogue

• Members
  • 5,394 posts

quote:

Originally posted by A Munkeys Uncle:

The other night I'm playing the mission where I have to kill the Chinese guy, well I busted up his car before he could run to it because you have to do stuff like this, because the aiming systme completely BLOWS!

In GTA3, the aiming system sucked, but they fixed it up for VC. At least in VC, you actually targeted people who were attacking you.

quote:

Then I finish the armored truck mission, and I'm on my way to my house so I can save the game and sure enough, it FREEZES! This IS the buggiest Xbox game there is, it looks like UTTER **** compared to other Xbox games (and the Xbox version is the best looking),

Guess it depends on your copy. My XBOX copies have tons of bugs, whereas I barely ever had them on the PS2 versions. One of my friends has the XBOX versions, and he says he barely ever has any problems.

quote:

the load times take a freaking year

Try two seconds? That's how long it takes when I play.

quote:

and they happen too often (and the Xbox has the fastest load times)

You must be thinking of True Crime. There's only two occasions where the game has to load after starting, when you start a mission, and when you go from one side of the city to the other. That's it, and again, they only take a couple seconds.

quote:

True Crime is simply a better game or at least on the Xbox it is. It's too short that is the only problem.

TC is one of the crappiest games I've played lately. I am so glad I rented it instead of buying it. Awful story (I'm not even going to go into the flaming concubines and the demon dragon, what...the...****), waaay too many load times, and yes, they took longer than GTAs'.

quote:

The fighting in TC rivals that of some fighting games' full engine.

The fighting was probably the only thing I liked.

quote:

The shooting is more complex and isn't as buggy.

I wouldn't say it's much better. There were times I accidently capped off a civilian or two.

quote:

The driving physics are just as good and there are more tricks, not to mention you can jump out of the car as it's driving.

You can jump out of cars in VC.

quote:

And it looks a LOT better, or at least I know it does on Xbox than either of the GTA games.

It does not look a lot better. Slightly, perhaps, and even that's debateable. The FMVs looks better, I'd say, but in the game, not really.

Lord Malice

Lord Malice

The Pixelante

• 12,646 posts
You guys are funny.

Final DarkHour

Final DarkHour

• Members
  • 3,770 posts

Link:
I'm sorry that one button for punching and one button for shooting are too complicated for you. Amazingly, that's the only thing in the entire thread I felt was worth saying anything about. Or maybe it's not amazing. Between you and FDH, I don't know who's the bigger retard. Speaking of which...

Oh wow, an assumption, an accusation, name calling and a picture of yourself in ONE post. Must've took some serious research.

Shut the **** already and don't you goddamn include my name in a post unless its next to "Is like a god to me"...

And if THAT is the only thing you can say in a thread about a grand theft auto game, why do you even post in a video game board? God you're a dumbass...

The flaming stopped, I stepped out, conversation got back on track to a reasonable level then this genius comes in and starts calling people names again... Yet alas, me and amu are bastards for calling people names and flaming after getting stabbed ourselfs...

Link

Link

• Admin
  • 6,448 posts
Pardon, I'm not as affluent in petty bickering on a message board as you are. I must, of course, be inferior. Again, pardon. I have absolutely no right to an opinion nor do I posess the ultimate in gaming knowledge that you clearly so completely do. Please, sir, beg your pardon for venturing to speak your holy name.

P.S. Go **** yourself.

soapofdurden

soapofdurden

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Why isn't this closed and locked yet? We need new mods.

Lord Malice

Lord Malice

The Pixelante

• 12,646 posts

soapofdurden:
Why isn't this closed and locked yet? We need new mods.

JMB posts once in a blue moon, and Mori's a busy busy man. Why JMB is still mod, I have no idea.

Link

Link

• Admin
  • 6,448 posts
Oh, I have a great idea. Let's make AMU or FDH mod. unimpres

Lord Malice

Lord Malice

The Pixelante

• 12,646 posts
YEAH!

soapofdurden

soapofdurden

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
Oh god no. But seriously, we need new mods. If they can't do their job then they need to be replaced.

Lord Malice

Lord Malice

The Pixelante

• 12,646 posts
I liked when I was actually up for the job. But the admins told Bryce I couldn't do it. Bleh.