Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GTA: San Andreas

1284 replies to this topic

Euronymous

Euronymous

Sworn to a Great Divide

• 10,041 posts

A Munkeys Uncle:
Yeah whatever you say. You just go on thinking that the PS 2 has soooo... much more to give in terms of hardware.

Yeah, I'm a major PS2 fan boy and all I ever do is post about how great PS2 is.

laugh laugh laugh

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
AMU does have an interesting point. While I won't go on a whole "It should be made for the Xbox" tangent for that is irrelevant, it is kind of hard to imagine, from a hardware point of view, how they plan to revolutionize anything with with this game on the PS2. We've already seen the peak of what the PS2 can do. A new GTA game for the PS3, now that I can imagine being revolutionary, but at this point I'm not seeing what more the PS2 has to offer that can awe-inspire anyone anymore at this point. I'm not saying this game won't be cool, I'm a big fan of the series, but when someone says revolutionize in terms of gaming, that puts my expectations up pretty high. Higher than I think a new GTA game for this generation of consoles can accomplish. But maybe I'll be proved wrong.

Catalin

Catalin

• Members
  • 11,496 posts
I'd have to agree on that as well.

Final DarkHour

Final DarkHour

• Members
  • 3,770 posts

Tank:
I keep seeing this argument over GTA: (Title) vs. GTA: (number)
San Andreas is clearly a desert California/Nevada nod. That could be a pretty cool setting. Desert highways. Vegas style cities, San Fransisco Hills, Oil barons, Vegas mafia, maybe they'll mix in a bit of Hollywood too.

Wow, thats a terrible argument.

Of course people aren't going to be pleased with another expansion pack coming their way. In your post you state its going to be a diffirent location. WOA. A diffirent map to play on, revolution!!!

Link

Link

The Terrible Secret of Space

• Admin
  • 6,448 posts
I'm buying this game.

XIII

XIII

Best French person ever

• Members
  • 3,592 posts
Me too.

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests

Final DarkHour:

Final DarkHour:
I keep seeing this argument over GTA: (Title) vs. GTA: (number)
San Andreas is clearly a desert California/Nevada nod. That could be a pretty cool setting. Desert highways. Vegas style cities, San Fransisco Hills, Oil barons, Vegas mafia, maybe they'll mix in a bit of Hollywood too.

Wow, thats a terrible argument.

Of course people aren't going to be pleased with another expansion pack coming their way. In your post you state its going to be a diffirent location. WOA. A diffirent map to play on, revolution!!!

1. I made two different statments that were unrelated and you stuck them together and completely changed the context

2. You're a moron

3. I rarely post in the VG forum because of the attitude here. People like you are obnoxious-- some of us play video games cause they are fun. Excuse the hell out of me if i don't sit down and compair bit rates and ROM boards.

freaking pathetic

Sephi

Sephi

Curse you Frances, curse you

• 18,789 posts
pwned.

Final DarkHour

Final DarkHour

• Members
  • 3,770 posts

Tank:
1. I made two different statments that were unrelated and you stuck them together and completely changed the context

So now you're saying you decided to point out the obvious? "I see this argument over and over again" No ****, its been all over this thread. "California/Nevada nod" NO WAY, I thought it was set in space! So you didn't actually make any point, instead you just pointed out something that was blatantly obvious... Now I know why you mod :D You go man!

Tank:
2. You're a moron

Wow and with a "point" like that, you're just reaking with intelligence. You must have been the prez of your highschool debate team.

Tank:
3. I rarely post in the VG forum because of the attitude here. People like you are obnoxious-- some of us play video games cause they are fun. Excuse the hell out of me if i don't sit down and compair bit rates and ROM boards.

freaking pathetic

Sorry man, I guess you got to have balls to talk about certain things, maybe even agressive at times. I'm sorry you don't have what it takes to defend what you've said properly.

You're right, freaking pathetic. :rolleyes:

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests
HAHAHAHAHAhahha... ohhhhh

The funny part is, you think you just flamed me all to hell.

As I said, i don't come to this thread often, hence I wasn't up on the latest news for GTA. I came to the realization and posted it thinking, OH WOW. THAT SOUNDS COOL. i didn't realize you had already discussed it to death. Try not being a dick about it. You could have directed me to a thread. You could have even said "yeah, we know" in a nice way and i would have laughed at myself. Instead you are being a total ass.

I also had never really heard about the difference between GTA (number) and GTA (title). I didn't think it mattered. Thank you so much for imposing your oh so lofty knowledge of video game architecture upon me. Seriously
I should just sell my console as I clearly don't deserve to own it.

My apologies DarkHour. Forgive me, please.

I promise I won't post in your forum again without spending three months jerking off over gamer magazines so i can be up on all the relevant topics.

Maybe then i can have the "balls" to defend my statement of "who cares, video games are fun." i know i was probably way out of line when i said that. man, i feel so embarassed.

I'm off now. off to a land where there is no video game forum with 15 year old geeks who get agressive when you don't understand the backend code of their game and I have the power to reach through the internet and slap the hell out of useless people.

Darth Rat

Darth Rat

• Members
  • 1,194 posts
Damn dark hour chill! If you don't like it because it is just a new environment then don't buy it. How many sequels or updates in this case are that much differet? Sports games, pretty much the same other than rosters and maybe some improved graphics. Its the same with all the sims expansion paks. Me, I will buy San Andreas because I enjoyed GTA III and Vice City and would love to play it again in a new city.

On a side note, how cool would it be if Rockstar, in future installments could make it so you could travel between different cities in the games using the hard drive? Start off in one city and carry you reputation on to another.

Jango Fett

Jango Fett

The King

• Members
  • 3,861 posts

Final DarkHour:
Sorry man, I guess you got to have balls to talk about certain things, maybe even agressive at times. I'm sorry you don't have what it takes to defend what you've said properly.

This has to be the sorriest defense/offense I've ever seen.

Final DarkHour

Final DarkHour

• Members
  • 3,770 posts

Jango Fett:
This has to be the sorriest defense/offense I've ever seen.

Thats okay, you don't matter. blush

Jango Fett:
The funny part is, you think you just flamed me all to hell.

I'm sorry you think that. :(
(Flaming usually consists of name calling, and as I remember, you pulled the trigger first... Mr.Mod. , Smooth. )

P.S - I'm suprised that in your current reply you didn't actually comment on anything I said, in fact, it was like a one big fictional story of what you're planning to do...

Jango Fett:
My apologies DarkHour. Forgive me, please.

You're fogiven Tank. :)

Oh and video games are all about being fun, I don't see what made you think that talking about them with an opinion and fair judgement has to be a blast as well... :confused:

Guest_Tank_*

Guest_Tank_*
  • Guests
My problem is that all I said was that:

1. I didn't understand why people saw a difference between GTA: number and GTA: Title

and

2. San Andreas implied certain themes.

You suddenly jumped in and said i was giving a "terrible argument" and proceeded to act as if i was the stupidest person in the world.

Then I pointed out I was just making observations and didn't know all of the technical considerations that you seem hung up on. And I mentioned that I thought you were idiotic for over reacting on me.

THEn you say i didn't have the "balls" to support my argument.. but i was never really making one. i just made comments and you lumped me into some great imagined debate you must have over the GTA series.

You say you were talking about it with "an opinion and fair judgement" and i took it as shot. Well, when you speak to me like I am retarded for not being up on all the latest GTA scoops that's how it comes across. Did i call you a name first, sure. But it was after you completel missed the context of my post and spoke to me like i was a moron.

And the fact you missed every bit of sarcasm i have typed in is very entertaining to me.

Sephi

Sephi

• 18,789 posts

sephiroth lives:
pwned.

Euronymous

Euronymous

Sworn to a Great Divide

• 10,041 posts
I wouldn't bother explaining it Tank, he's ignoring your arguments to get lame cheap shots in just like AMU.

Gutless.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
It's certainly no wonder why this forum doesn't have more traffic.

Jango Fett

Jango Fett

The King

• Members
  • 3,861 posts

quote:

Originally posted by Final DarkHour:
[QB]Thats okay, you don't matter.[/qb

You'll regret saying that one day. Go f*ck yourself.

Sephi

Sephi

• 18,789 posts

Euronymous:
I wouldn't bother explaining it Tank, he's ignoring your arguments to get lame cheap shots in

i agree with that part. :P

Euronymous

Euronymous

Sworn to a Great Divide

• 10,041 posts
Fair enough. :)

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
They say its going to redifine open ended game play right?

Any ideas on how this could be done? The only true idea I have is have all missions save a few be available to run from the start. You pick the missions you want to do when you want to do it. Then it could have certian rewards for doing missions in one order over another.

Darth Rat

Darth Rat

• Members
  • 1,194 posts
Thats a good idea Ash but I wouldn't exactly call it revolutionary because Activision has been doing something like that with Tony Hawk for two years.

Mr. Banana

Mr. Banana

• Banned Users
  • 2,257 posts
Hey, how many people here have seen a girls boobs, besides those times when you frantically typed in the nude cheat for Tomb Raider.

Pixel breasts! They're all the rage for videogamer-nutcases!

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Do the pics your girlfriend have on her website count?

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Whoa, you took a bad detour somewhere, Banana.

Bad jokes like that belong at the Lando System.

Reply to this topic