Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Nightly Netforce Clan.

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

Joedark0

Joedark0

King of the Useless

• Members
  • 5,448 posts
my choices are:

Nightly.net gamers
Nightly.net VG branch (or VG forum)
Nightly.net Elites

lightsabre

lightsabre

no self-respecting man

• Members
  • 8,522 posts
I've got it. The nightly...[pause for emphasis]...special...LIKE IN A RESTAURANT THEY HAVE THE SPECIAL OF THAT PARTICULAR NIGHT!!! THE NIGHTLY SPECIAL!! GUYHUCK GUYHUCK GUYHUCK!!![/goofy]

yes yes yes yes

You know you love it.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Yes, that is a lot of names, I thought of Warriors as well, a lot of those names are fairly generic and overused.

I really like Nerfherders a term that was used every so often in KOTOR.

I like Grunts as well...

Joedark0

Joedark0

King of the Useless

• Members
  • 5,448 posts
eh... well... whtever, I guess
One thing though, I will NOT join a clan named the Nerfherders

just a personal thing

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Why not? The name will be chosen on a major degree of interest, and it probably won't be that popular but I like it and Highness obviously likes the name.

lightsabre

lightsabre

no self-respecting man

• Members
  • 8,522 posts
Nerfherders has its good and bad points. Good because it's shows nightlys beginnings as mainly a star wars board. Bad because it's kind of goofy sounding. Good because even if someone beats us and they try to brag about it they'll be like "YEAH WE BEAT THE NERFHERDERS!!!" then immediately after saying that they'll feel like stupid heads. Bad because it's a tad too starwarsy for my taste.

meh

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Or on the other hand if we beat them...

Before most people wouldn't have even known what it meant but now after KOTOR they will. Mission liked the word and the main character used it seldomnly.

Basically Galactic farmers, lol.

That gives me an idea.

Maybe the word "Galactic" could fit into the name somehow hmmm

lightsabre

lightsabre

no self-respecting man

• Members
  • 8,522 posts
I've played through KOTOR three times and I still didn't know what it meant. Probably because Mission was a useless piece of garbage who I never put in my party.

and for your galactic request... The Nightly Galactic Party Poopers

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Party Poopers? You're kidding right?

Mission was damn cool, her back story was pretty neat, her brother being a loser and all, and she was a cool character.

She was a female Han Solo, basically all the way from her class (scoundral) to having the Wookie buddy.

lightsabre

lightsabre

no self-respecting man

• Members
  • 8,522 posts
In fights though? all she was good for was drawing some of the troops off Canderous's and my backs.

lightsabre

lightsabre

no self-respecting man

• Members
  • 8,522 posts

A Munkeys Uncle:
Party Poopers? You're kidding right?

Yes. Yes I was kidding.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Just making sure

Joedark0

Joedark0

King of the Useless

• Members
  • 5,448 posts
I still like Elite :)

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Yeah Elite is a good one, just a bit cocky in my opinion.

We better be some bad asses with a name like Elite, and I can play Halo with the best of em, but there are a lot of people out there better than me. I have a feeling we are going to be a far better Halo clan than RS clan, I think the players here are really good at Halo from what I hear, so we should be ok there.

We'll figure something out the most important thing is that we have fun, not who comes up with the name or what the name is, we just need to keep throwing out ideas that we come up with and something will stick.

lightsabre

lightsabre

no self-respecting man

• Members
  • 8,522 posts
You gave me an idea AMU.

Clan Name : Those Nightly Scoundrels

then when we beat some other clan they'll be like "AHHH! THWARTED AGAIN BY THOSE NIGHTLY SCOUNDRELS!!"

or when we lose they'll be like "ahh we be beat those nightly scoundrels!"

it sounds good even if we lose, it's the ultimate name.

Joedark0

Joedark0

King of the Useless

• Members
  • 5,448 posts
well, you could look at it like we are the ELITE out of the gamers of Nightly, catch my drift... <_<

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Light that isn't a bad name actually.

Darkside

Darkside

drove through ghosts to get here...

• Members
  • 3,623 posts
You know, I don't really think that anyone will care if we use Elite in our name. It might be a bit boastful, but eventually everyone gets good at a game. I mean, it's not like we could always suck, and the name is good.

I personally know that if we take this seriously, we will do good. Ask Macstorm and the rest of the Nightly Elite on FF XI, we are a very good linkshell because we are very good players at FFXI. We all started as newbies, but we eventually grew better at the game. I'm sure that this will be the same with the XBL clan.

Joedark0

Joedark0

King of the Useless

• Members
  • 5,448 posts
yhea, plus, everyone will get Halo 2, probably our main game, at the same time, so we everyone will grow at the same rate, & hear about glitches, & weird stuff at the same time

lightsabre

lightsabre

no self-respecting man

• Members
  • 8,522 posts
I think saying that it was a bit boastful was just a way to say we need more suggestions. Not that that was the only purpose of the statement, but before he said that everybody was just like "Yeah I like Nightly Elite" while that was the only suggestion, it's much better to have many to choose from then voting in Nightly Elite instead of having it "running unopposed" as it were.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
I don't mind the name I'm just saying that we shouldn't just decide on the first thing that comes to mind. That said I really don't want to use a name already being used for a particular game.

Darkside

Darkside

• Members
  • 3,623 posts
But AMU, wouldn't that fit in the whole Nightly.net clan thing? I mean, we would use that name for the PS2 and PC if we started up sections on those, right?

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Yes it would, but this is a clan starting with Live users it will be up to the people with other platforms to decide if they want to join later when it is more convenient for said consoles.

We're starting a Nightly Live clan, not evolving from a FFXI clan, we've been discussing this for almost two years now, and we've barely got enough members to really get something going.

I personally don't mind the name as much as some others here do, but I would rather not use the name if we didn't have to for that particular reason.

It's too early to actually decide on the name because there are many Live players here that haven't been contacted yet, but they will be (many of them tonight), after we come up with a name I think we may set up a conference from the Xbox Live dashboard, or maybe even before we solidify any names we can do something like this. It'd just be cool to confirm all of this to the other members here to even see if they are interested.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
The Nightly Order

Darkside

Darkside

• Members
  • 3,623 posts
For future reference, I am unable to get on live because I am in houston on a family vacation. I will get back tomorow, but I'm going to be doing some things for the next two days.

Please post what you talk about tonight