Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Nightly Netforce Clan.

860 replies to this topic

lightsabre

lightsabre

no self-respecting man

• Members
  • 8,522 posts
Name Suggestions

-The Nightly Brigade
-The Nightly Squadron
-The Nightly Platoon
-The Nightly Army
-The Nightly Defenders
-The Nightly Force
-The Assembled Forces of Nightly

Brock Sampson Kills

Brock Sampson Kills

• Members
  • 1,403 posts
I like NDN for nightly.net. I'm not big on the whole "elite" thing just because it sounds like a 14-year-old kid's Wolfenstein Clan. We all may suck at Halo 2 upon launch, so allocating the term "elite" in it sounds a little presumptious and more than likely inaccurate. That's just my two cents.

Darkside

Darkside

drove through ghosts to get here...

• Members
  • 3,623 posts
I think that you might be right brock. Nightly Elites sounds good, but it dose sounds a bit boastful of ourselves. I agree with the following names:

Nightly Elite

Nightly.net

Nightly Defenders

Lord Malice

Lord Malice

The Pixelante

• 12,646 posts
The Mongooses. The Fighting Nightly Mongooses. That's a cool name.

lightsabre

lightsabre

no self-respecting man

• Members
  • 8,522 posts

Brock Sampson Kills:
I like NDN for nightly.net. I'm not big on the whole "elite" thing just because it sounds like a 14-year-old kid's Wolfenstein Clan. We all may suck at Halo 2 upon launch, so allocating the term "elite" in it sounds a little presumptious and more than likely inaccurate. That's just my two cents.

I think you're right, calling yourselves elite when you have no idea if you are is just stupid, that's why I like Brigade or Squadron. They make you sound like a clan, while not making you sound childish or full of yourselves.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Brock has a point, the name could seem a bit overconfident and could be misleading. What if we all sucked at Halo 2, we'd be laughed upon. We'd lose credibility in a sense and that wouldn't be good since we are representing Nightly.

LightSabre, I don't think adding Battalion or Brigade to the name is a good idea because eventually we may be broken up into battallions and brigades.

Someone is ALWAYS going to find something inconvenient about any name, so we need to come up with something.

lightsabre

lightsabre

no self-respecting man

• Members
  • 8,522 posts

A Munkeys Uncle:

LightSabre, I don't think adding Battalion or Brigade to the name is a good idea because eventually we may be broken up into battallions and brigades.

Do you really think so? I read somewhere that the max that can be in one game on LIVE (or it may have been for a certain game) is 32, that's 16 to a team. I believe that's less than either a battalion or a brigade, a squad yes, but if we were broken up into squads we could be "Alpha Squad" or "Beta Squad". I think it would be easier to call a squad one of those instead of "Nightly Brigade" or "Nightly Battalion".

odd fact : If you say squad enough it stops sounding like a real word.

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
In the House of Tyr we had Battalions (I was a Battalion leader), they were split up into four brigades of 16 and each brigade was split up into 4's. Isn't a clan but a consolidation of clans to challenge one another, although we were united at one time, so I hope we can challenge other clans through the HoT.

lightsabre

lightsabre

no self-respecting man

• Members
  • 8,522 posts
Each battalion broken up into 4 brigades. Did each brigade have an assigned task according to their specialty during a game against another clan or did you just break each battalion up into 4 brigades so the brigades could practice against each other?

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts

lightsabre:
Each battalion broken up into 4 brigades. Did each brigade have an assigned task according to their specialty during a game against another clan or did you just break each battalion up into 4 brigades so the brigades could practice against each other?

Sorry, each Battlion had four brigades of 16 and then the brigades were broken up into 4 squads. In MA we could only do tournaments with 4 people so it was played with squads, and each squad had a captain. Sort of like a track meet or NASCAR if one of your members won, your team won.

It is very possible for Live to have more than 32 players on one server though, Xbox Live is a client/server network, the hosts themselves are run on peer to peer, but from Live's servers, the problem is that this cost money and now that MS allows developers to run their own servers and options (they still need the universal features though) we may see developers allowing more players from their own servers, it takes more bandwidth which isn't free. I'm hoping MS run dedicated servers from Xbox Live in Halo 2, it probably wont happen but it is very possible.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts

Mori:
I like Nightly Elite (thanks Mac )

For those of you that don't know (Mori does know :P ), the Nightly Elite is the name of our FFXI Linkshell (kinda like a clan).

If you wanna steal that and use it, that's fine with me...nothing personal. It just might not be your cup of tea in the kinds of Live games you'll be playing.

Darth Marineus

Darth Marineus

... BLAH!

• Members
  • 3,881 posts
Agreed with Brock on the NDN tag.

Repost of my XBL games:

RTCW: Tides of War.
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow.
Rainbow Six 3.
Jedi Academy
Mech Assault.
ESPN Baseball.
Tetris Worlds.
Full Spectrum Warrior.
Counter-Strike.
Unreal Championship.

Ill be on tonight (R63 and RTCW) if you want to play over XBL.

Joedark0

Joedark0

King of the Useless

• Members
  • 5,448 posts

quote:

A company is typically the smallest Army element to be given a designation and affiliation with higher headquarters at battalion and brigade level. This alphanumeric and branch designation causes an "element" to become a "unit."

Squad - 9 to 10 soldiers. Typically commanded by a sergeant or staff sergeant, a squad or section is the smallest element in the Army structure, and its size is dependent on its function.

Platoon - 16 to 44 soldiers. A platoon is led by a lieutenant with an NCO as second in command, and consists of two to four squads or sections.

Company - 62 to 190 soldiers. Three to five platoons form a company, which is commanded by a captain with a first sergeant as the commander's principle NCO assistant. An artillery unit of equivalent size is called a battery, and a comparable armored or air cavalry unit is called a troop.

Battalion - 300 to 1,000 soldiers. Four to six companies make up a battalion, which is normally commanded by a lieutenant colonel with a command sergeant major as principle NCO assistant. A battalion is capable of independent operations of limited duration and scope. An armored or air cavalry unit of equivalent size is called a squadron.

Brigade - 3,000 to 5,000 solders. A brigade headquarters commands the tactical operation of two to five organic or attached combat battalions. Normally commanded by a colonel with a command sergeant major as senior NCO, brigades are employed on independent or semi-independent operations. Armored cavalry, ranger and special forces units this size are categorized as regiments or groups.

Division - 10,000 to 15,000 soldiers. Usually consisting of three brigade-sized elements and commanded by a major general, divisions are numbered and assigned missions based on their structures. The division performs major tactical operations for the corps and can conduct sustained battles and engagements.

Corps - 20,000 to 45,000 soldiers. Two to five divisions constitute a corps, which is typically commanded by a lieutenant general. As the deployable level of command required to synchronize and sustain combat operations, the corps provides the framework for multi-national operations.

Army - 50,000 + soliders. Typically commanded by a lieutenant general or higher, an army combines two or more corps. A theater army is the ranking Army component in a unified command, and it has operational and support responsibilities that are assigned by the theater commander in chief. The commander in chief and theater army commander may order formation of a field army to direct operations of assigned corps and divisions. An army group plans and directs campaigns in a theater, and is composed of two or more field armies under a designated commander. Army groups have not been employed by the Army since World War II.

Above Information Derived from DA Pamphlet 10-1

that's the official breakdown of unites

Brock Sampson Kills

Brock Sampson Kills

• Members
  • 1,403 posts
Posted Image

Brock Sampson Kills

Brock Sampson Kills

• Members
  • 1,403 posts
The symbols on the far ends are the letter "N" in the Greek language and the ones below are in Japanese. These types of icons for clans will appear over the heads and on the shoulders of players in Halo 2. This pic is just a suggestion of what one could look like. Took me a few minutes to throw together with a basic painting program. Let me know if you have trouble seeing it as I'm using an alternate image hosting site.

Brock Sampson Kills

Brock Sampson Kills

• Members
  • 1,403 posts
Oh, and I'm getting a copy of Rainbow Six 3, the original this weekend. I've ordered it from my new rental account with www.gamefly.com which I would recommend to all of you if you consider this clan stuff seriously. If you do we'll want to branch out a great deal in terms of games, and I'm doubtful you guys own all of the games we could enjoy on Live. That being said, neither do I, so I've selected www.gamefly.com and they have a special similar to Blockbuster's "Flip It" over summer for $49.95 for 3 months (with two games at a time, no late fees or due dates). The standard service is like $21.95 a month and you get any two games you want at any time, send them back in the mail and they give two more. It's pretty awesome, almost identical to Netflix which is equally awesome.

I currently have Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Full Spectrum Warrior on Live. I will have more before the end of the month through this program. Let me know when you guys want to roll.

Urushihara

Urushihara

I'm back, kids.

• Members
  • 583 posts
Just curious Brock, but why do you have the greek/japanese symbols in the clan icon? Do they mean anything? (that japanese character is "ho" in katakana, btw).

Brock Sampson Kills

Brock Sampson Kills

• Members
  • 1,403 posts
According to my alphabet-translation system (in the Painter program) the Greek and Japanese symbols are representatives of the English letter "N" capitalized. I have no formal knowledge of them apart from that and obviously they can be changed and editted. They, of course, could be incorrect.

Brock Sampson Kills

Brock Sampson Kills

• Members
  • 1,403 posts
Actually after careful searching on the internet, neither representative their counterpart characters. The Greek one above is a variation of "phi" and the real Greek "N" looks like a "v." The Japanese letter for "N" looks like a marking in the upper left corner and a long line going from bottom-left to upper-right, almost like a bow-and-arrow. Wow, now I feel smarter.

lightsabre

lightsabre

no self-respecting man

• Members
  • 8,522 posts
Posted Image

that is the ultimate clan logo

Joedark0

Joedark0

King of the Useless

• Members
  • 5,448 posts
Posted Image

Give me a rough outline, & I can make it look nice

Brock Sampson Kills

Brock Sampson Kills

• Members
  • 1,403 posts
Not bad at all. We can change the symbols and colors of course, if needed, but I like the imprint. It looks tight.

Joedark0

Joedark0

King of the Useless

• Members
  • 5,448 posts
ty

btw, I was about to recommend a new color, maybe a fuller shade of blue or something

I redid it, so if you can't see the new one, just refresh

tell me wht colors, & I'll change it

Your Highness

Your Highness

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

lightsabre:
Posted Image

that is the ultimate clan logo

I LMAO.

What about

1. The Nightly Knights
2. The Nightly Nerfherders

My husband and I own

Tetris Worlds
Mechassault
Unreal Championship
Outlaw Volleyball
Full Spectrum Warrior
Unreal 2
Crimson Skies
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Will own

Halo 2

A Munkeys Uncle

A Munkeys Uncle

• Members
  • 15,724 posts
Nerf Herders sounds good. Highness, you'll have to actually accept a freinds request sooner or later You think you can get you husband in the thread and to join the clan as well?

I like the NDN tag as well, but we still need a clan name laugh

These are the names I am favoring so far...

Nightly Nerfherders

Nightly Grunt Squad

The Nightly Force

Nightly Elites

Once we get more we'll have Mori start a vote on which name to use so keep the names coming.

Reply to this topic