Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

XBox Owners Thread!!!

612 replies to this topic

Catalin

Catalin

• Members
  • 11,496 posts
Crimson Skies, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, ESPN Basketball & TMNT ... all tomorrow.

errr...today

Catalin

Catalin

• Members
  • 11,496 posts
Well I picked up Crimson Skies & Rainbow Six 3 both on the first day. I'm pretty limited as to what else I can get, and I already have a preorder on Metal Arms.

It's either Top Spin or True Crime today and that's it until Metal Arms. :(

But I can rent everything else. thumbs_u

Shady

Shady

Lean Toward The Sun

• Members
  • 6,253 posts
Don't feel bad Mori, at least you are responsible and now when and when not to purchase games. Good trait

Catalin

Catalin

• Members
  • 11,496 posts
Are you in a video game binge?

And I'm not that responsible, I probably should be only getting about 1 game every month or so.

Durty D

Durty D

Star Wars nerd

• Members
  • 5,919 posts
The last couple of weeks i have gone game crazy, i've bought quite a few games (3 EA games :shock:) and here's my opinion on them:

True Crime - I'm actually bored of this game, all those people who told you not to compare it to GTA were right. I would descibe as Max Payne or Dead to Rights in a free roaming detailed city.

LotR: RotK - I wasn't too fussed when EA announced that their games would be THX certified - this game though is perfect for all of you audio slaves. The music, effects and qups/comments in this game are of the highest standard. I have my Xbox connected up to a massive Kenwood system at the moment and this game nails the atmosphere both with sound and visuals. Oh the unlockables are quite funny!!

Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup - this game is crap - my girl likes it but the gameplay is so basic it almost makes me cry - it's like a watered down version of EA hockey - you have no control over the height of your player and the manouvers are very poorly animated - the sound-a-like actors that they used fro the game suprisingly sound nothing a-like their real life counterparts. The worse thing in the game has to be the unexcusable error (unless something has changed in the world of Harry Potter) they call the Golden Snitch by the wrong name - they call it the Golden Snidget!!!!!

FIFA 2004 - Everything that i thought it would be very arcadey - immense fun and a great addition to my collection - the gameplay is so simple that my girlfriend can pick it up and play. This game will tide me over to til the realease of Pro Evo

If anyone has any questions on any of these titles please feel free to ask :)

The coming weeks are going to be costly too: GTA double pack, Prince of Persia, THUG, Harry Potter: PS (SS in the US) and NfS:UG

Darth_Cyke

Darth_Cyke

Still around...

• Members
  • 1,087 posts
I have really been into Kotor of late. It was only released here in australia about a month ago. I only got it last week. This game has got me hooked. They could have done better with the graphics and its got a few bugs that make it crash sometimes, but other than that this game is perfect. Its just right in every other way for me. Mmmm.... It would have to be one of the best RPG's I have played in a long time. Right up there with FF7 and Secret of Mana for me.

Catalin

Catalin

• Members
  • 11,496 posts
Ok well my purchases for the last 2 months still stand as Crimson Skies, Rainbow Six 3, True Crime: Streets of LA & Top Spin.

I'm thinking of trading in KOTOR and Crimson Skies for Project Gotham Racing 2 & Metal Arms.

I'll see what happens tomorrow when I bring in some games to trade, I also need another controller.

:)

DD, I agree with you. I'm not bored of True Crime yet but that's because I'm enjoying the story. I'm sure once that's over the reply value will be pretty much lost.

Dont Mess With Texas

Dont Mess With Texas

• Banned Users
  • 2,178 posts
i've never tried trading any games in...how does that work, and do they give you a good deal or rip you off?

Catalin

Catalin

• Members
  • 11,496 posts
Depends where you go.

For instance, (this is all in Canadian money)

EB usually gives you piss poor trade in values but they know they can get away with it because in the past no one used to accept trade-ins. Now companies like Best Buy, Futureshop & Compucentre are catching on and slowly starting to accept trade in games as well.
I recently visited a Starstruck store. They deal mostly in movies, but they also sell games.
They are pretty uninformed when it comes to games so their prices are high.

My friend traded in Half Life and SOCOM for PS2.
At EB he was offered $3 & $12 respectively. While at Starstruck he was offered $12 & $36.

Regardless of where you go, they won't give you straight cash. Just a dollar value that can then be used towards another product in their store.

I would try Ma & Pa stores or electronice/entertainment stores that sell video games to see if they take in games. Use EB as a last resort. But in the end, selling it to EB is better than having a game collect dust. :)

Shady

Shady

Lean Toward The Sun

• Members
  • 6,253 posts
*looks over at game collection*

I haven't touched Brute Force, MGS2:S, LotR:TT, MVP 03, in 4 months!!!! I wonder if I could get $40 bucks out of those?

Catalin

Catalin

• Members
  • 11,496 posts
That's what I love about the HD. Even if you get rid of a game, if you get it again later on, you have it saved. thumbs_u

I think I may trade in a crapload of games today. I have MGS 2, Crimson Skies, Star Wars: KOTOR, Tetris Worlds, Rayman 3, Outlaw Golf, Serious Sam, Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Nightfire all collecting dust. If I can get 3 games (PGR 2, Metal Arms and something else) out of those I'll be a happy man.

Dont Mess With Texas

Dont Mess With Texas

• Banned Users
  • 2,178 posts

Mori:
For instance, (this is all in Canadian money)
At EB he was offered $3 & $12 respectively.  While at Starstruck he was offered $12 & $36.

damn, that is like 12 and 36 american cents a game

Shady

Shady

Lean Toward The Sun

• Members
  • 6,253 posts
Posted Image

Bryce and I waited in line for six hours and that game on there is Halo :)

Reply to this topic