Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Battlestar Galactica New Series Discussion (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1618 replies to this topic

Lace Mindu

Lace Mindu

Hubcap Diamond Star Halo

• 5,599 posts
Is it true the brits have a new Battlestar Galactica series?

Just a rumor I heard, anyone know?

If so, I hope the SciFi channel will pick it up sometime...well, if it's any good!

Moderator's edit: The thread is now designated for any and all discussion concerning the new Battlestar Galactica TV series. Please post spoiler reminders in your posts when appropriate. Thanks. :)

captainbleh

captainbleh

RIP Beau, he would have hated you

• 5,030 posts
There was a trailer for a new version of Battlestar Galactica on the version of the Farscape mini-series I acquired - is this what you are referring to?

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
Remeber the Battlestar Galactica Mini-series that aired last Dec.? Well apparently it was popular enough that Sci-Fi has turned it into a series. It's going to air this coming January I believe.

EwoksSuck

EwoksSuck

Til All Are One

• Members
  • 31,462 posts
Yeah it's airing in the UK first for some reason but it is going to start airing here in Janaury on Sci-fi. The reviews for it on AICN say it's pretty good.

Milk3

Milk3

• Members
  • 49 posts
The mini-series I saw of Battle Star Galactica had Hudsen Leick as an evil android.

http://www.101lifest...n_leick&PicNo=4

I hope they keep her in the series... Ill watch any show that has her in it. She is smokin hot.

Morgan Freebase

Morgan Freebase

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

quote:

Is it true the Brits have a new Battlestar Galactica series?

I don't know, but if they do, they can keep it! I liked the old one with the guy from the A-Team. The mini-series they did was terrible. It was just really, really, very terrible.

Lace Mindu

Lace Mindu

Hubcap Diamond Star Halo

• 5,599 posts
Hmmm...I missed the miniseries but was curious how mixing the sexes of the characters around was going to work. Not that I mind strong female characters, too few of them on TV still.

The old series was cheesy but fun -- which was why I was interested.

But hey, at least I get a chance to see it in Jan and decide if I want to tune in. Now I know, thanks!

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,540 posts

The Shadow:
Remeber the Battlestar Galactica Mini-series that aired last Dec.? Well apparently it was popular enough that Sci-Fi has turned it into a series. It's going to air this coming January I believe.

Madness.

Rogue 3

Rogue 3

Who is Number 1?

• 2,675 posts
It is on over here - we have had a couple of episodes shown so far.

I loved the original, but this one has got me hooked. I love the idea that their are human cylons if you will - ie. they look human and have memories and actions of a human, but are really Cylons, and occasionally they will be taken over by the Cylon part of them - don't know if I explained that all that well, so I'll give an example.

The last episode had 1 of the characters just 'wake' up right at the start of the programme with no knowledge of how they'd got there. Looking through their (I'm trying to keep the mystery here of which character it is..) bag they found a detonator rigged to an explosive. After deactivating it, this person west to the armoury and discovered that 6 additional ones were missing and are somewhere on the Galactica...

I like the series from what I have seen so far. I amazed that it hasn't been shown in the US yet though - we normally get things a good 6 months to a year after they are shown in the US, not that I'm complaining, I'm just saying is all!!

Lace Mindu

Lace Mindu

Hubcap Diamond Star Halo

• 5,599 posts
Yeah, I"m not used to waiting!

*taps fingers impatiently* :)

the trumpet player 2

the trumpet player 2

• Members
  • 1,398 posts
We are on about the 4th episode now of the new series. So far it's as good as the pilot, which I loved. This is by far the most grown up sci fi series on TV, not to mention the best. It blows crap like Star Gate, Farscape and Space and Beyond out of the sky.

What I really like in this series is the characters, they are really strong with opposing views, very human.

What I also like is how each episode picks up right where the last one left off. This is going to be like one 12 hour movie when they are watched back to back, you can't really afford to miss an episode.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,540 posts
Is there any website?

EwoksSuck

EwoksSuck

Til All Are One

• Members
  • 31,462 posts
http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,540 posts
Oh. Them.

the trumpet player 2

the trumpet player 2

• Members
  • 1,398 posts
The reason us brits are getting it first is because Sky One (a cable TV chanel) have helped to fund it.

Bora.Horza

Bora.Horza

• Members
  • 3,063 posts
What channel is this on trumpet player?

the trumpet player 2

the trumpet player 2

• Members
  • 1,398 posts
Sky One Bora.

It was in tonight. Another good episode, focusing on Starbuck and Adama. Ended on a cliff hanger. They really are developing the characters and their relationships in this series. Tonight Adama tells Starbuck he loves her like she where his own daughter, then 2 mins later tells her to get out of his office while she still can, he has justified reasons for wanting to beat the crap out her, and for a minute there I thought he was going too.

Theres a lot of back story between the characters.

jedi bobs

jedi bobs

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
I have seen it thanks to bit torrent. It is very good.

Milk3

Milk3

• Members
  • 49 posts
Good lord! It wasn't Hudsun Leik in Battlestar ever.. Its a blonde who looks almost exaclty like her. Weird! Well I liked her anyway. Odd how they look so much alike.

Doh,I guess I can't distinguish one hot skinny blonde from another.

Rogue 3

Rogue 3

Who is Number 1?

• 2,675 posts
A good episode on Monday - following another bomb going off, the President lets the people know that the cylons can be in human form. The episode turned into a bit of a witch hunt then.

Like the way the paranoia is setting in. Looks to be a good series.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
WOOOOOOOOO BRITS RULE!!!! wE GET BSG WOOOOOOOOOO

It is really good, sfx are great in it as well :D :D :D :D

Duke

Duke

Lord of the Binge

• Members
  • 4,611 posts
My frozen part of the world still hasnīt gotten Farscape except for PPV.

Ah well, I suppose the UK is getting to be the sci fi centre of the world with Alastair Reynolds and Peter Hamilton, prolly the two best writers in the field today.

the trumpet player 2

the trumpet player 2

• Members
  • 1,398 posts
I used to be a fan of the old series (when I was a kid) but they recently did a two part episode which borrowed elements from two of the best episodes they did in the old series. The one where Starbuck and Apollo take on a Base Star and fly back to the Galactica in Cylon ships, and the one where Starbuck ends up on a planet with a Cylon.

So far this is by far the best Sci fi series ever made. Beleivable characters, great acting, no stupid over the top aliens or plots and concepts, it's just beleivable to watch. You wouldn't even have to like Sci Fi to like this show.

Oh yeah, and it has number 6........mmmmmmmmm :thumbsup:

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
I agree it has to be one of the best Sci-fi series on TV at the moment

Ven Halcyon

Ven Halcyon

King of the Nerds

• Members
  • 10,940 posts
Duke - you're forgetting Iain Banks and ken Macleod man, tow of the best alternate sci-fi writers in the world - though Iain Banks work doesn't seem to travel as well outside the UK!

And i had my reservations about a female starbuck, and some of the other stuff in this. One of the best "scenes" so far ahs been when the old Apollo met the new Apollo...tat was a few weeks back now!