Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

Yeah, things like memories and skills stay intact, but the personality, emotions, tastes and what he has a knack for completely change. In essence, he really does become a new person.

As for the season preview... I just want to say: Hottest. companion. ever.

One thing I don't understand: Why did the Doctor get despondent over "dying"? He knows he's going to regenerate. He didn't get all depressed when he did last time. It's still him, right? Maybe I just don't know enough about Doctor Who, but that seems weird to me.

I think it's more to do with the fact that he actually knows his time is up soon. Every other regeneration has been sudden, whereas with this one he actually got to know he was going to 'die' and that part of him didn't want to go and simply be sucked back into the mess of 'The Doctor'

As for the season preview... I just want to say: Hottest. companion. ever.

Yes, Tank, you and I are in 100% agreement there. I seriously considered not watching the new Doc, but man Karen Gillan is BEAUTIFUL! And those legs...I'll be watching! :drool::devil:

FYI about the new companion. As seems to be a habit with the modern DW franchise this new featured character is being played by an actress who had a bit part previously in DW. Karen Gillan was one of the Soothsayers in Fires of Pompeii. Other actress to do this were; Freema Agyeman (Martha Jones) who prior to getting to be Martha played a bit character called Adeola Oshodi in Army of Ghosts. Eve Myles (Gwen Cooper on Torchwood) played Gwyneth in The Quiet Undead.

• 3 weeks later...

Rewatched "Smith & Jones." The Doctor absorbs enough radiation to fry the brains of half the people on Earth and expels it through his big toe. No harm.

How was that radiation different than to what he exposes himself in "End of Time"?

Rewatched "Smith & Jones." The Doctor absorbs enough radiation to fry the brains of half the people on Earth and expels it through his big toe. No harm.

How was that radiation different than to what he exposes himself in "End of Time"?

Bad Plotting Metacrisis.

I think a lot of the companions have been tasty. I had it for Victoria, Sarah Jane, Leela, Tegan and Peri.

Peri was better than the usual companion look, but Tegan?? Sarah Jane??? Holy.....!

Well, to each his own, Torchy.

On my list, I have Romana (Mary Tamm's version, not that...er.. pixie-ish "replacement" Ward), Martha (such a gorgeous face and overall presence), and on occasion Jo (when in the early 70s skirts and boots) as the attractive companions.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.