Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

I could see Sci-Fi airing them this coming Autumn/Winter when Stargate SG1, Atlantis, and BSG are back on their re-run cycle until 2007. Feasibly, Sci-Fi could then be able to broadcast the 3rd season around the same time it'll be airing in the UK.

OH man, David Tennant rocks.

He switches from calm to angry in a second, and does it so damn well.

The first episode was called 'New Earth' and wasn't amazing, but still it is a good showing of what Tennant will provide for us in these future series to come.

Billie did very well in this episode, having to act in a different way to normal. I won't say any more or it'll give it all away, not that its a major spoiler anyway.

All the inside jokes were great as well. And the Face of Bo returns! Yay!

I enjoyed the first episode - plenty of humour and I generally love the episodes set in the future. Agree with you UKLK - Piper did very well with the role presented to her.

Loved the teaser with the Face of Bo as well. When will that be revealed? Towards the end of this season?? Rumour has it that as they have already been commissioned for a 3rd series that they are writing towards that. Can we expect a cliffhanger ending this year?? (as if the doctor regenerating wasn't enough!!)

Theres already a commisioned 3rd series, but I don't think Billie's going to be in it, she keeps chaning her mind. A Cliffhanger seems ominous with the Face of Bo as well.

Series 1 half spoiler: (Highlight to view) Possibly the start of another Time War if Billie is in? That could lead to her leaving halfway through the third series.

Next week looks like another change of direction, more fantasy that sci-fi strictly speaking, but still, it'll have that Doctor Who magic ;) And we still have the return of K-9 and the Cybermen too!

I finally saw "New Earth". My wife loved it and I thought it was average. Tennant and Piper are very good and I think Piper stole the show in this one. She did a fantastic job! Her acting just keeps getting better. The story does have it's moments but nothing stellar, but most likely worth watching again.

I think I would prefer to have each story be a 2-parter or more. One thing I don't like about the 45 minute format is that the mystery of the story does not last long at all. I like the drawn out process of the Doctor discovering things a little at a time.

"Tooth and Claw" looks really exciting. I can't wait.

By the way, UK Legend Killa, does the BBC not have commercials or advertisments during the shows? Or is this only on some special premium channels like HBO for example. Everytime I get an episode of the new series it's commercial free!

Yep, all the channels under the BBC umbrella are advert free. We just pay a TV license fee each year and that is what they use to fund their programmes.

Thought Tooth and Claw was alright. Liked the reference to Torchwood and the running gag between the Doc and Rose on the bet they've had.

Next Saturday - Sarah-Jane & K9 return!

Yes, I have seen all of the episodes of the 9th Doctor and I agree that "The Empty Child/Doctor Dances" was by far the best story to date. For me though, "Tooth and Claw" ranks high on my list. I also think the second half of Eccleston's season was way better than the first half (excluding "The Unquiet Dead" of course).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.