Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

Well we get old Doctor Who episodes aired on UK Gold, which is a station where all the old school BBC shows are aired, but very infrequently as of late.

They did run a marathon of the best episodes from five doctors though. And theres a museum of film in Braford, where you can watch all old TV shows for free!

Even though I have already seen the new series and David Tennant's first episode "The Christmas Invasion", I am really excited about being able to support Who on Sci-Fi. I wish I could get my hands on TV Nielson's box!!

Hopefully, if the new "Who" series is a hit here on Sci-fi maybe it will lead the way for the old series to air again here in the states.

Does anyone think that when the new series begins to air that maybe we can have a "Doctor Who" forum just like the one for "Lost"? Then we can have a thread for each episode. Just an idea.

tripsbacks:

Even though I have already seen the new series and David Tennant's first episode "The Christmas Invasion", I am really excited about being able to support Who on Sci-Fi.  I wish I could get my hands on TV Nielson's box!!

Hopefully, if the new "Who" series is a hit here on Sci-fi maybe it will lead the way for the old series to air again here in the states.

Does anyone think that when the new series begins to air that maybe we can have a "Doctor Who" forum just like the one for "Lost"?  Then we can have a thread for each episode.  Just an idea.

If you have a DirecTV/DISH w/ TiVo,then TivO the show. While it won't register on Nielson, I've that these things ARE monitored by "they".

Especially the week in between the final 2 episodes! BBC were great though doing their short teasers each day leading up to the final one.

Any news when the new series is going be shown? I know it's in April, but haven't heard a peep as to when exactly.

I just read on gallifreyone.com that series two has been confirmed to air on the 15th of April in the UK!! Also the last three unmamed episodes have been named!!

On a sidenote, would it have been ok for me to copy and paste that article, or should I just post the link?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone caught it, but they had a Dr Who night on BBC 3 last night. First hour was a new Dr Who Confidential which showed a fair few snippets from the new series, and gave some background on the new series called Torchwood.

Torchwood (an anagram of doctor who, no doubt mentioned already in this thread) is set roughly in the present day, and in Cardiff. Captain Jack has travelled back in time, picking this era as he feels it's highly likely the Tardis may return here. Nice touch!

The second hour was the xmas special, and the final part of the evening was a programme made a 3 years back to celebrate the 40th anniversary.

All is now set for the new series this Easter Saturday!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.