Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

9 episodes recovered - 5 from The Enemy of the World making this story complete, and 4 from The Web of Fear - only episode 3 remains missing.

The Enemy of the World will be good to see in full with Troughton doing a dual role. Looking forward to that!

• 2 weeks later...

I REALLY REALLY don’t want to sound like a broken record in what should be a “fantastic” celebration. But here goes. It’s a wonderful trailer with tons of inside nuggets (http://www.doctorwho...50-year-trailer) and I loved it…up until the Matt Smith part. Once again, he proves that he can only do one stupid expression and is nothing more than an actor who can wave around the sonic screwdriver. On a related note, just found this reasoning on why Peter Capaldi could be as iconic and Tom Baker and David Tennant. Yes, hoping and hoping all this can be done, especially the longevity part! Please don’t be another three and done actor!

http://mashable.com/...-peter-capaldi/

Ha ha! It's just one of those things hey. They each play the character so differently, there are bound to be actors performances that we just dislike compared to others. It will be really interesting to see how he fares up against Tennant. And don't get me started on John Hurt! Can't wait to find out more about him. Still think he is an older looking version of the 8th Doctor, but I have given up trying to predict what Moffat will do.

Good article on Capaldi - agree with a lot of the points. As exciting as it is to have an upcoming regeneration to look forward to, I would much prefer a longer stint as the Doctor.

Capaldi hopefully will be the one to deliver this - great actor.

Is this a trailer for the episode of Dr. Who, the behind the scenes tv movie or just the anniversary in general? I'm confusing all these things... mainly because I really wish they'd used all the stand ins for the old doctors in the movie to do more in the actual episode.

Have to say though, getting great looking 3D models of most all the doctors is pretty awesome given the so-so use of stock footage they've made use of for this sort of thing up until now.

• 3 weeks later...

Base on his fauxhawk?

My guess is that the 8th Doctor was hurt during the Time War and regenerated. In his new form he was driven to do bad naughty things. When the war ended and the time lock was established he was the only one to escape (since he caused it) the process of which reversed his own time stream to the moment before the war started-- back to his eighth form, though with memories of what had happened. He did his best to lock away that bit and carried on. Shortly before meeting Rose he regenerated again-- given what memories he had of being the grizzled warrior, he intentionally influenced a younger form to become the 9th Doctor we know.

Now, due to some sort of timey wimey dubiousness, possibly in part due to Clara uncovering this incarnation of the Doctor when she travelled his time stream, this Doctor has emerged from the timelock into some apocryphal existence.

That was so awesome. ONE, because it more or less proves my theory! And TWO, because I always felt like Paul McGann deserved more given that he seems to have such love for the character. So cool. I just wish they had more than 6 minutes and 10 pounds to spend on it.

I also read a quote from Moffat today that said it seems like we know a lot, but that's just because the press covered what the shot outside. What they've shot on soundstages is totally a secret still. The last episode surprised us with some extra Doctors, maybe Day of the Doctor will too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.