Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

Just a quick spot from Flesh & Stone, when the doctor comes back to say to Amy to remember what he said to her as a child, he is wearing his jacket again, then its gone for the rest of the episode again. Probably continuity error, but could it be a future version of the doctor?

Also, on the subject of being the cause of (maybe) the doctors death, what about causing the 8th doctors as yet unseen regeneration? She knows all his faces apparently, and there is nothing to say the doctor hasn't met her prior to the library story, just not aware of who she is going to be to him in the future - if you see what I mean?

Also, on the subject of being the cause of (maybe) the doctors death, what about causing the 8th doctors as yet unseen regeneration? She knows all his faces apparently, and there is nothing to say the doctor hasn't met her prior to the library story, just not aware of who she is going to be to him in the future - if you see what I mean?

In Silence in the Library, didn't she say that the Doctor was 'younger than she had ever seen him before'? And the Doctor had no knowledge of her then - you would think he would know who killed him!

I really enjoyed the angel episodes for the most part. I wasn't really looking forward to it, since I had been of the opinion that they worked better as a single episode, but they did okay, though I didn't like seeing them move. It limited their scaryness.

River was actually looking into his eyes when she emphasized that. The line can so be spun in that way... meaning Doc 11 could meet up with River for River's first meeting and the idea of the dialogue still holds true. Plus plus even though it's only a few years age (since Doc 10 met River in the library) and one regen, Doc 10 went thru some deep soul churning **** before he passed. Plus plus plus... End of Time started with Doc 10 saying he'd just done a bunch of stuff. We don't know how many years could have passed before he decided to visit the Ood. Anyway, all of this creates a plausible set of circumstances for Doc 11 to be River's Doc... if they want to go that route.

Bonus: River says her she met her Doctor when he had a new haircut and suit. Sure that's all swell and tied to the regen process and doesn't need touching on again. However Matt Smith was on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross and stated he would like Doc 11's look to evolve. So there is a prime opportunity here to add just a little touch with that line from River. Doc 11 in the next season could get a makeover from Amy and then the two bump into River for the first time... River's first time.

But after Matt Smith he might regenerate older. Remember they don't meet in order

I know that, but given Matt Smith is about 10 years younger than Tennant, and by the end of her life she has to have met Eleven (as she already has), tied with what The Human Torch said about looking into his eyes when she said that, it leads me to believe that it is the earliest part of his timeline she has interacted with. And as I said before, if she had killed Eight, Ten should surely have at least recognised who she was as they would have had to interact to some extent (you would hope anyway).

Vampires of Venice was okay. Nothing bad, but nothing amazing either. Kinda a plot hole that they needed to send Amy in to unlock a trapdoor, thus putting her in danger, even though the Doctor constantly uses his screwdriver to open doors (even earlier in this episode).

Also, not sure like how there's a Doctor yelling at Amy scene in every episode. It makes sense given that after Rose and Donna he wanted to be alone and stop putting people in danger-- but at the same time had grown lonely. But still...

I think this weeks yelling at Amy was just due to her fiance having a go at him earlier.

This weeks was solid enough, nothing amazing but thats what next week is for. Looks very very interesting

Also the Sonic doesn't do bolts like the well was locked with. Thats why the Doctor couldn't get back into the house before it blew up. He says 'Damn it's bolted' or some such

The way i see the screwdriver is that it can only control tiny little mechinisms, like switches and simple key locks, it can handle MASSIVE GREAT BOLTS.

My big sonic screwdriver dig is when he scanned her and was like "you're not infected"... which was fine... until the wound then magically healed up. That was NOT cool.

However.... i thought the episode was brilliant. loved every minute of it :-)

from wiki:

Some of the uses in the new series include: repairing electronic equipment; detecting, intercepting and sending signals; remotely operating the TARDIS; burning, cutting, or igniting substances; fusing metal; scanning and identifying substances; amplifying or augmenting sound; modifying mobile phones to enable "universal roaming”; disabling alien disguises. It is sometimes used to disassemble robotic enemies or turn other objects into weapons. In "The Long Game", "The Parting of the Ways" and "Utopia" it is used to operate the TARDIS controls remotely; when the Doctor attempts to counteract the Master's theft of the TARDIS, it is used to limit the TARDIS' destination. In "Doomsday", the Doctor states that the sonic screwdriver does not kill, wound or maim; however, it is sometimes brandished in a threatening manner, such as in "The Christmas Invasion", "The Runaway Bride", "The Lazarus Experiment", The Infinite Quest and The Impossible Planet. In "World War Three", when confronted by a group of Slitheen, the Doctor threatens to "triplicate the flammability" of a bottle of port wine with the sonic screwdriver, though one of the Slitheen realises he is bluffing.

But you know-- no bolted doors. Complex locking mechanisms, sure. But not drawn bolt.

Buh?

I don't expect every episode to hit it out of the park -- and this one didn't. But I really enjoy watching these three characters.

I know I shouldn't, but I do kinda expect them all to be amazing now Moffat is at that helm. And I know I can only be disappointed, lol!

My son noticed something yesterday as we watched the second Angels episode (he hadn't see it yet). Well in the command center or whatever, where Doc 11 and River are, there is a computer screen that is shown off to the side and near River. The screen looks like a typical radar HUB etc, but the way the image displays and flickers it resembles an eye ball... intentional? coincidence? or just one of those inkblot like scenarios? Perhaps it ties in with the eye ball aliens from episode 1 and the crack too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.