Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

Did I miss a special between the OTHER doctor and Plabnet of the Dead? I still haven't seen planet of the dead. I WONDER HOW AN AMERICAN COULD GO ABOUT SUCH A THING.

And I am doing my best to not pre-judge Matt Smith, even though he and the companion are dressed like hipsters. I always like the current Doctor. I hated Tennant at first, and now he's my favorite by far. I ALWAYS like the current doctor best and then get bummed when they leave, so I'm going to just roll with it.

He looks like a geekzombie. Get a bit of a tan, grow some damn eyebrows. Trim that stupid hair.

Did I miss a special between the OTHER doctor and Plabnet of the Dead? I still haven't seen planet of the dead. I WONDER HOW AN AMERICAN COULD GO ABOUT SUCH A THING.

Planet of the Dead recently aired on BBCAmerica. :shrug:

I dunno where'd you watched it other than there. Maybe SyFy eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

HUGE amounts of spoilers inside. You've been warned:

Confirmed and spotted cast for the FIRST part of the 2009 Christmas Special:

David Tennant - Tenth Doctor

Matt Smith - Eleventh Doctor

Bernard Cribbins - Wilfred Mott

John Barrowman – Captain Jack Harkness

Camille Coduri – Jackie Tyler

Timothy Dalton – The Narrator

Jessica Hynes – Verity Newman

Jacqueline King – Sylvia Noble

Tommy Knight – Luke Smith

Alexandra Moen – Lucy Saxon

Billie Piper – Rose Tyler

John Simm – The Master

Elisabeth Sladen – Sarah Jane Smith

Catherine Tate – Donna Noble

June Whitfield – Minnie Hooper

• 1 month later...

You know what's funny?

When David Tennant was announced as the 10th Doctor, people were screaming that it was going to ruin the show FOREVAH!! They did the same thing with Eccleston. And Colin Baker. And Peter Davison.

In fact, Dr Who has been RUINED FOREVAH at least 45 times.

Just sayin'.

You know what's funny?

When David Tennant was announced as the 10th Doctor, people were screaming that it was going to ruin the show FOREVAH!! They did the same thing with Eccleston. And Colin Baker. And Peter Davison.

In fact, Dr Who has been RUINED FOREVAH at least 45 times.

Just sayin'.

Colin Baker pissed off a lot of loyal fans throughout his entire run. Some abandoned the show. He never won the fans over like Tennant. Personally, when CB left the role...yeah, I was happy...similar to the Eccleston departure.

Scottish

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

AHEM!!

tennants best episode was where he went back to his native accent, then gave rose abuse when she tried to mimic it

i'm pretty sure that was his idea as it's the general reaction people get when they try a scottish accent

i still prefered eccleston tho

you got a real sense of danger from him, like he could seriously f*ck you up if you crossed him

oh and here's the new retro logo for the new series

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/features...letin_091005_01

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think the new Doc will ruin the show, but that doesn't mean I can't say that I don't like the look of him. The No/to Barely Any Eye-Brows thing is weird to me. His hair is weird to me. His pale 'I live in a cave' skin is weird to me. I just think he might be the most physically odd looking Doctor. I'm not saying he's ugly or that all other Doctors were Brad Pitt, as that isn't the case at all by any stretch. The early Doctors looked like Granddads. lol Just saying this look the new Doc has in pics is odd, and yes I know Docs have an odd look to them... each with some wonky style that helps define them... but usually that is done with clothing and then some sort of personality quirk. This new doc has a real odd physical look, imo.

With all that said, I'm in no way shutting the door on him. I love me some Doctor Who.

Also thanks for the info on the US air dates, Gman.

• 2 weeks later...

ooh that was rather good

i'll pop it in spoilers seen as you guys dont get it for a month

was pretty bog standard stuff up until he decided he was the master of time and could change the laws to suit himself. no more fixed events like pompeii. then he became incredibly dark. probably as dark as a doctor has ever been. especially when he sneered out "tough" at the captain. shame it never lasted past the capt. shooting herself. nasty doctor didnt last long enough for my liking.

was a trailer for the xmas ones as well. donna noble and the master both returning. awesome

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.