Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

Yes, I also thought Morrisey was a good Doctor, and hope that he gets the nod to replace Tennant.

I liked the sequences early on when Tennant was being Morrisey's companion and asking all the questions. The comment Tennant says when he's trying to find out how he dies to become Morrisey's Doctor was good - "No wait don't tell me! I just home it's not embarrassing like me falling over or something!"

Very enjoyable episode. No preview of the next special, but it was called "Planet of the Dead" and according to the fountain of knowledge that is Wikipedia, features UNIT.

Yes - that was very clear. Obviously I wasn't talking about his character from the xmas special - I was attempting not to give anything away to those who have not seen the episode yet.

Doesn't stop the actor from becoming the next doctor. Colin Baker played a different character that shot the 5th Doctor, before eventually becoming the 6th Doctor.

I enjoyed his performance alot (Morrisey not Baker!!).

Yes - that was very clear. Obviously I wasn't talking about his character from the xmas special - I was attempting not to give anything away to those who have not seen the episode yet.

Doesn't stop the actor from becoming the next doctor. Colin Baker played a different character that shot the 5th Doctor, before eventually becoming the 6th Doctor.

I enjoyed his performance alot (Morrisey not Baker!!).

As did Lalla Ward (Romana II).

Eh. I liked it a little but couldn't be bothered to watch it all the way through to the end. Apparently I missed some sort of giant Cyberman mecha filled with orphan children smashing up London town so I might go back and look at the rest of it sometime in the faraway future.

No preview of the next special, but it was called "Planet of the Dead" and according to the fountain of knowledge that is Wikipedia, features UNIT.

I see....hopefully that means a plot with not a single thread connected to Rose!

Cool if Martha returns in this story.

It's rumoured the new Dr might be black.

I've also been told from a friend of Morrisey's that he has been offered the part for the next series and he hasn't made a decision yet. Then again this same person also told me he got down to the last two choices for Bond.

I think an older Dr would be better, someone like Tom Baker. I can't watch Tennant, I think he's totally crap in the role.

I can't watch Tennant, I think he's totally crap in the role.

Really?

Curious, what did you find so bad about Tennant? Personally, I thought he was a major improvement over Eccleston, who portrayed the Doctor as some petulant, sexless troll with athiestic leanings--making him one of the worst since Colin Baker and the TV movie's Paul McGann.

I've seen Tennant in other roles and it's not that he's a bad actor, he's just so unnatural in his performance as the Doctor. (So was Eccleston).

His facial expressions are really way over the top and annoying. It's like he tries to smile the way Tom Baker does etc...

I'd like Doctor Who if it had a decent production value, it has the potential. I think overall it's badly directed, badly lit, the music is awfull, and there is no excuse for how bad the CGI is.

They should go with someone atleast over 50 for the Doctor, and stop aiming it at kids and make it more for grown ups.

That Confidential show was well put together, hyping up past Doctors and building to it. Felt strange how they had the producer talking and then went straight to Smith. I haven't seen any of his work, but he looks a decent actor. Hopefully he'll be a pretty good Doctor. He needs a haircut first though ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.