Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

Not unless they plan to recast on hiatus. Tennant, I'm sure, would be game to keep the secret -- as was Eccleston. That was the BBC messing up that time. Still... There was a shot of the severed hand at the top of the show.

Heck, I'll just keep this all in the spoiler box.

We finally get to see the Shadow Proclomation and the Medusa Cascade. Not too dramatic reveals but enough for the story.

And revisting all the Companions was great, including Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister. (Dalek: "Yes. We know." lol)

So many chills and moments, and an episode where I keep looking at the clock to see how much show is left...

From the stuff i'm reading here....I cannot wait for the episodes to air! Its been well over a decade since I found a sci-fi series so compelling on a "don't dare miss" level!

You have no idea, Justus! At the end of this ep, they even slapped a big "TO...BE... CONTINUED." The TV (er, computer) was practically reaching out and shaking you and yelling "DO NOT MISS THE NEXT ONE!"

Yeah, I was gritting my teeth thinking that we have to wait another week. It's gonna be a tense few days.

One thing, was the Doctor's daughter rumored to reappear near the end of this series?

Oh! And how ****ing cool was the opening credits? I had the biggest grin reading everyone's names.

It was a good ending to the current season, but it could never live up to that cliffhanger from last week!! The companions really came into their own when the Doctor was incapacitated, and there were some proper hammy evil scenes with Davros!

Wrapped up all of Russell T Davies little storylines that have been bubbling away over the last 4 years.

Oh, and I liked Donna's character and thought Tate did well last night.

For those who haven't seen it, it finished with a brief sneak preview of the Xmas special which has the Cybermen back.

I didn't enjoy it much.

I thought the human/dramatic elements were handled well, such as Donna's fate, and I was OK with Rose's fate too (even though a lot of people didn't like it), but the actual sci-fi/save the universe element was a complete mess.

It was deus ex machina central, and that fact that it was all planned in advance by (not going to say who) and therefore probable didn't make it any less annoying/excusable. I'll remember the final scene for a long time, but I thought the Dalek/Davros stuff was a bit forgettable.

(oh, and the exterior space sfx are still a bit ropey...)

Journey’s End:

My one real beef with this episode is that Adric was not included in the Dead Companions montage. His look (“I’ll guess I’ll never know…”) right before the ships crashes into the Earth would have been perfect.

For us U.S. Americans, I HIGHLY recommend seeing this before Sci-Fi makes its "edited for commercials" version. I don’t trust that channel at all and you don’t want to miss anything from this episode.

Journey’s End:

My one real beef with this episode is that Adric was not included in the Dead Companions montage. His look (“I’ll guess I’ll never know…”) right before the ships crashes into the Earth would have been perfect.

Wasn't it only deaths from the most recent (RTD) series?

Well, I just re-watched the scene in question and Davros was very much speaking in general terms. “You take ordinary people and fashion them into weapons…Just think, how many have died in your name?”

So, yes the flashbacks used were just from the current series. But, in my opinion, Adric is probably still the most famous sacrifice and considering the parallels made (especially in “Time Flight”) between the Fifth and Tenth Doctors, it would have made that scene that much better.

Davros did bring up the events of “Genesis of the Daleks” to Sarah Jane. Why not encompass the classic series with the sacrifice theme too?

Sigh. How many new powers can you invent for the Doctor?

Davros was great. I really like this take on the character.

Spoiler:

A lot of closure, admittedly. That fake, human Doctor that is staying in the alt-verse with Rose: Was that weird and creepy and not at all romantic, or was it just me?

Not just you. An idea one step removed from the level of fanfic. Potentially justifiable in that it provides a way for Tennant to return to the Doctor Who role for a special appearance once he's moved on to better things.

Is this the last of RTD on the show or is he gonna be doing the specials and stuff?

Not just you. An idea one step removed from the level of fanfic. Potentially justifiable in that it provides a way for Tennant to return to the Doctor Who role for a special appearance once he's moved on to better things.

Is this the last of RTD on the show or is he gonna be doing the specials and stuff?

He's doing the 4 specials next year and this year's X-mas special is already in the can.

Well, it's an easy fix. The Master got more at one point, so why not the Doctor? Plus they could always do a "prequel" with a new actor playing the younger version of William Hartnell. They could even bring back McGann for the "lost years" and/or time wars.

Well, it's an easy fix. The Master got more at one point, so why not the Doctor? Plus they could always do a "prequel" with a new actor playing the younger version of William Hartnell. They could even bring back McGann for the "lost years" and/or time wars.

Actually, word has it that some (all?) of the 4 specials in 2009 do not take place chronologically (in terms of the Doctor's personal time line) after the events in "Journey's End". And there is a big fan desire to have McGann come back. You know, that TVM from '96 pulled in 9 million viewers (out of 50 million in England). And McGann played the Doctor as recently as last year in one of the Big Finish audio dramas. I think bringing him back for a flashback story is a very viable thing to do.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.