Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

Best part about "The Posion Sky" is the preview for next week's story, "The Doctor's Daughter." Damn Georgia Moffett is smokin' hot!

I really do hope Jenny *is* the Doctor's Daughter and even better, Susan's mother. For some reason, I don't want any "twists" in this one.

Speaking of Susan, it occurred to me the other day that they are running you of regenerations if the Doctor only has 12. I thought they could squeeze in an extra doctor if they wanted to do a prequel of sorts, and have a younger actor play the first Doctor in his younger days since we started with him so old already.

I remember that-- I know the time lords can bestow more too-- but with them all gone, I don't know that the Doctor could exercise that option.

I wish they'd explain more about the Time War. i get that in the here and now of the Doctor's perspective, Galifrey is gone-- but couldn't he just go back in time o when it existed if he wanted to visit?

Or does the time war result inGalifrey being erased from all time? Wouldn't make a paradox? Is is it one of those wibbly wobbly timey wimey mysteries?

Best part about "The Posion Sky" is the preview for next week's story, "The Doctor's Daughter." Damn Georgia Moffett is smokin' hot!

Damn right she is! And how appropriate that she is the Doctor's daughter - Peter Davison's of course. Didn't realise until recently that he was Peter Moffett and that Davison was his stage name.

Synopsis for "The Doctors Daughter" taken from Wikipedia:

The Doctor lands on the remote planet Messaline as an age-old war rages and the threat of genocide looms. When Martha is kidnapped by the Hath - militaristic humanoid monsters - the Doctor is distracted by "the most important woman in his life." Russell T. Davies has stated that this episode "does exactly as it says on the tin". The trailer showed brief clips of Jenny and ends by her saying "Hello, Dad!"

---

By the Russell T Davis comment - looks like there won't be any twists on her not being his daughter, but you never know! And - is she timelord, human or a mixture? Looked like she could control the Tardis at the end of the last episode, so I don't see something like she was conceived when the Doctor was hiding as a Human as he did last year (I'm only suggesting that he may have used the fob-watch device before the Human Nature episodes last year because he clearly didn't get it on in those episodes).

Really looking forward to this one.

I remember that-- I know the time lords can bestow more too-- but with them all gone, I don't know that the Doctor could exercise that option.

I wish they'd explain more about the Time War. i get that in the here and now of the Doctor's perspective, Galifrey is gone-- but couldn't he just go back in time o when it existed if he wanted to visit?

Or does the time war result inGalifrey being erased from all time? Wouldn't make a paradox? Is is it one of those wibbly wobbly timey wimey mysteries?

It has been annihilated from all time/space. Allegedly. Same with Skaro.

And about Georgia Moffett: The Doctor's daughter is playing the Doctor's daughter! How 'bout that!

Damn right she is! And how appropriate that she is the Doctor's daughter - Peter Davison's of course. Didn't realise until recently that he was Peter Moffett and that Davison was his stage name.

Synopsis for "The Doctors Daughter" taken from Wikipedia:

The Doctor lands on the remote planet Messaline as an age-old war rages and the threat of genocide looms. When Martha is kidnapped by the Hath - militaristic humanoid monsters - the Doctor is distracted by "the most important woman in his life." Russell T. Davies has stated that this episode "does exactly as it says on the tin". The trailer showed brief clips of Jenny and ends by her saying "Hello, Dad!"

---

By the Russell T Davis comment - looks like there won't be any twists on her not being his daughter, but you never know! And - is she timelord, human or a mixture? Looked like she could control the Tardis at the end of the last episode, so I don't see something like she was conceived when the Doctor was hiding as a Human as he did last year (I'm only suggesting that he may have used the fob-watch device before the Human Nature episodes last year because he clearly didn't get it on in those episodes).

Really looking forward to this one.

I really hope they don't chicken out make her some test tube baby created from DNA nicked from the Doctor's severed hand. When they were being abducted in the TARDIS at the end of "Poison Sky" they framed a lot shots so that they included the hand.

Why does the Doctor keep that thing around anyway?

Anyone care to elaborate?

There's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo of Rose during the bit where the Doctor is having wacky webcam fun with the Sontarans, U.N.I.T, and Donna. Specifically, on the communication screen of the TARDIS you see a fuzzy image of Rose shouting something while the Doctor is trying to surreptitiously hint to Donna that she should give him a call.

Wikipedia or Who-kipedia could probably tell you if it was new footage or if it's possible to hear what she's saying or whatever.

So nobody can do what The Master did again!

Oh, who else is going to/is capable of creating a "sonic laser" (whatever that is) specifically to age the Doctor!

As far as two threads, one for the BBC broadcast and one for the SciFi telecast, is there really that much traffic here to warrant that?

The only one that matters is the BBC version.

only if you're a torrent junkie!

Guilty! But it's either the torrent or a cut-up/edited to hell Sci-fi version. Given Sci-fi's history of doing this, us U.S. Americans have to accept the Sci-fi edit or wait for the DVDs.

Oh, who else is going to/is capable of creating a "sonic laser" (whatever that is) specifically to age the Doctor!

Rani. Davros. Heck, even the Autons and the Celestial Toymaker could find use for it. :p

Rani. Davros. Heck, even the Autons and the Celestial Toymaker could find use for it. :p

OK, OK! I get it!

Then why doesn't he just destroy it?

Just seen episode 6 of the 4th series / season: The Doctors Daughter. Georgia Moffett was very good and mighty fine to look at!

Surprised at the origin details, but it linked in with previous episodes and made sense. Turned into a very touching episode with his initial frostiness to her but by the end of the episode that was gone.

Aside from that big part of the episode, the rest of the story was very interesting. The reveal on what the numbers meant was good and nice to see Donna really showing off her skills. Martha was also very good and the friendship with the Hath was very nicely done and showed why she finds it so hard to travel in the Tardis.

All in all, I really enjoyed this one. This year has been a little slower to get going but the last couple of epsiodes have been good stuff. Agatha Christie episode next week - we'll see if that can keep the trend up. I do personally prefer the episodes set off world or in the future, but I'll keep an open mind!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.