Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

• 2 weeks later...
not an excuse for her crappy acting tho :p

Finished it up last night. Kylie did just fine! Over on the doctorwhoforum, it feels like there is a lot negativity towards this story and I'm not sure why. It's probably better than the last two X-mas specials. I thought it was solid and had a ton of neat ideas.

Catherine Tata is an idiot! But on the plus side, she’s only doing Series 4. On a side note, why is the new series finding it impossible to maintain continuity with companions?

Here's the first article (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7145965.stm):

The comedian, speaking on Radio 2's Jonathan Ross programme, said: "I think it's maybe David's last series."

The BBC refused to comment on Mr Tennant's future as the show's star.

Tate, who first appeared in the 2006 Christmas special, is to return as the doctor's assistant, Donna, for the entire run of the fourth series.

She will also be joined for several episodes by the doctor's former companion Martha Jones, played by Freema Agyeman.

When pressed on whether Tennant would return to play the timelord in special Dr Who shows in future, Tate replied: "Possibly."

The comedian also confirmed that the forthcoming series would be her last.

Tate made her Doctor Who debut last year as a runaway bride who found herself transported into the Tardis as she prepared for her wedding on Christmas Eve.

The episode attracted an audience of 9.4 million when it was screened on BBC One on Christmas Day.

This year's Christmas special, starring Kylie Minogue, is due to be screened at 1850 GMT on 25 December.

Speaking to Doctor Who magazine, the pop star said appearing in the show was "like stepping back in time".

"I really felt at home being back in the world of TV," she added. "I've definitely got the acting bug again!"

And here's Tennant's reaction, he seems pretty pissed at her (http://www.ripleyandheanornews.co.uk/latest-entertainment-news/I39ve-no-plans-to-quit.3602623.jp):

Doctor Who star David Tennant has denied rumours he is planning to quit the show next year.

The star dismissed claims about his departure as "a load of old nonsense."

Questions arose about Tennant's future in the BBC1 series after new assistant Catherine Tate told the Jonathan Ross show she thought the next series of the would be Tennant's last.

He said: "Catherine Tate stitched me up good and proper. She goes on Jonathan Ross and makes up a load of old nonsense.

"Unbeknownst to me, she thinks I've made a decision - she'd clearly had too much coffee that morning.

"She said I was leaving, which was a decision I haven't made yet, maybe she's made it for me, but I'm going to keep people guessing for as long as possible.

"I'm doing four more specials and beyond that no one's asked me to make any decisions and I'm quite happy to be enigmatic for as long as possible."

Speaking at the premiere of the Doctor Who Christmas special, Voyage of the Damned, Tennant was still enthusiastic about starring in the hit BBC show.

"I think it's the most exciting thing you could possibly hope to see, I'm just glad that people seem to agree," he said.

"It's a very odd and slightly bewildering sort of thing to be in the middle of, but it's something that very easy to be genuinely excited about, I really love it and even if I had nothing to do with it, I'd be looking forward to the Christmas special, so it's a privilege to be in the middle of it all.

I'm going to provide a quick summary of the Christmas Special for those of you who haven't yet seen it.

DAVID TENNANT: We're off on another happy-go-lucky adventure. Why, you might even call it a Poseidon Adventure!

FATTIE'S HUSBAND: *falls into engine thingmabob*

FATTIE: *falls into engine thingmabob*

KYLIE MINOGUE: *falls into engine thingmabob*

THE BAD GUY: *falls along with her into engine thingmabob*

DAVID TENNANT: Now I am Jesus or whatever. Again. Come, me angels! Away!

KYLIE MINOGUE'S GHOST: Isn't it sad when the Doctor has to let go of a newly found girlfriend?

AUDIENCE: Not really. The show has done it a couple times so far. And never very well.

DAVID TENNANT: So we see that the true meaning of Christmas is all about watching thousands upon thousands of people die and then giving a senile old man a whole lot of money.

PREVIEW OF SEASON 4: I am so much better than the past hour-and-a-half.

All that aside : I sort of liked the bits with the amateur Earthologist going on about 'And then they EAT the people of Turkey in a savage ritual'. Mini-Maul was kind of entertaining too. Otherwise, it was at the best of times same-old same-old.

• 1 month later...
When does this **** start?

SciFi starts up S4 in April. This time we will only be a couple of weeks behind the UK as opposed to months.

Also, if it hasn't already been mentioned, SciFi has picked up the Sarah Jane Adventure. It's a Doctor Who spin-off aimed at tweens. I'm, pretty surprised SciFi picked it up and can only guess that they are kicking themselves for passing on Torchwood.

Aimed at tweens? Its aimed at about 8 year olds over her-

Oh yeah, aimed at your tweens then :p

Quarter of Britons believe Churchill was a myth.

LONDON (AFP) - Britons are losing their grip on reality, according to a poll out Monday which showed that nearly a quarter think Winston Churchill was a myth while the majority reckon Sherlock Holmes was real.

The survey found that 47 percent thought the 12th century English king Richard the Lionheart was a myth.

And 23 percent thought World War II prime minister Churchill was made up. The same percentage thought Crimean War nurse Florence Nightingale did not actually exist.

Three percent thought Charles Dickens, one of Britain's most famous writers, is a work of fiction himself.

Indian political leader Mahatma Gandhi and Battle of Waterloo victor the Duke of Wellington also appeared in the top 10 of people thought to be myths.

Meanwhile, 58 percent thought Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's fictional detective Holmes actually existed; 33 percent thought the same of W. E. Johns' fictional pilot and adventurer Biggles.

UKTV Gold television surveyed 3,000 people.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.