Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

Yes - a good episode. I was reading the preview in the paper thinking that it would be a bit lame with the hospital Martha works at ending up on the moon (no spoilers here of any note), but the way it was done and the reasons wre very good. The police were good characters and I have a feeling that they're the sort of characters we can see again in future episodes.

Good intro for the new companion.

• 2 weeks later...

Love your avatar Lady G - Black Books is bloody funny.

The Shakespeare Code was good. Plenty of good banter between him and the Doctor. He was played well by that fella from Shameless. The witches were a little cheesy, but all in all, not bad.

Ep 3 is on New Earth, and features the Cat people from the second series (Ardal O'Hanlon from Father Ted plays one), plus the Face of Bo has a secret to tell the Doc...

The effects look excellent in the preview trailer.

I have caught the first two. Really good, best productions yet. "Smith and Jones" had a really different tone than anything they have done yet.

"Shakespeare Code" was clever. I thought the witches were neat butthey are getting a lot of flack in fandom.

"Gridlock" looks very cool. Doctor Who meets "5th Element"!

BTW, BBCA has picked up Torchwood though no start date has been announced.

I'm surprised that Sci-Fi isn't currently showing the 3 season episodes of the new series - I've done some looking but haven't found anything about an expected timetable. Too bad - SciFriday is only just now getting new episodes - perhaps after the last 10 episodes of SG-1 finish...

I'm surprised that Sci-Fi isn't currently showing the 3 season episodes of the new series - I've done some looking but haven't found anything about an expected timetable. Too bad - SciFriday is only just now getting new episodes - perhaps after the last 10 episodes of SG-1 finish...

SciFi will begin showing S3 later in the summer.

THEY WILL RE-TURN!!!!! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!!

And the face of Bo's revelation:

To do with next week, or to do with Him?

I assumed him, since really he already knew the next week bit. But then, I've been assuming that would be Bo's revelation for ages.

I really liked this week's episode. Martha both sensible and forthright, and I loved listening to the Doctor talk about home, even in the vague sense. Plus, I like the idea of going back to places after they've already been there, like they did with the station in the first series of NewWho, so that gave it plus points from me, even though I wasn't such a big Fan of New Earth.

THEY WILL RE-TURN!!!!! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!!

And the face of Bo's revelation:

To do with next week, or to do with Him?

Well this is to do with the fact that there are more timelords out there. Links into another spoiler mentioned a few months back...

What I found extra interesting was that during the behind the scenes programme afterwards, one of the main guys was talking about Bo and saying that we will find out who he is towards the end of the series and what his link to the Doctor is. Curious...

Whoa!! This weeks cover of the Radio Times has a big spoiler on the Dalek episode this saturday - open the spoiler below to get the web link if you really want to see the picture! This is revealed at the end of the episode apparently.

Damn Radio Times! I don't want to see a spoiler! Why do they do this? grrr

Russell T. Davies thought {and I quote} it was "a brilliant cover idea!"

One would think the man currently running the new series would want to keep such a major spoiler a surprise.

Damn Radio Times! I don't want to see a spoiler! Why do they do this? grrr

Russell T. Davies thought {and I quote} it was "a brilliant cover idea!"

One would think the man currently running the new series would want to keep such a major spoiler a surprise.

Big style. I can't understand it myself. It's been a good start to the series so far though. 1930's New York should be good to see.

Bit of a slow episode, but you get that with the 2 parters I guess. Next weeks looks action packed.

There is an extended version of the Season 3 trailer on the official website (link below). Contains alot I hadn't seen before, including a smug (but silent) looking fella from Life on Mars...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/video/

(I haven't watched it with sound though folks (damn work PC's!!), so be careful of spoilers. I can't imagine much would be given away as this was released before the 3rd series started).

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.