Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

I didn't like the last episode either, but (like Trumpet Player) I also have serious problems with the show*. I'm obviously not as bothered though...

*(I don't find it as believable/convincing/polished as a typical episode of SG1/Farscape/Buffy etc., but it isn't an effects/lighting thing [although the lighting does make me feel as if I am watching a play at the theatre instead of TV] for me; it is the clunky acting/writing/lack of chemistry etc.)

Overall, I enjoyed that 2 parter - wasn't sure if the 2nd episode would resolve things well, but I thought it did (with the exception of the Tardis appearing when it did.)

Next weeks looks interesting - not much of the Doctor and Rose in this one, it's taken from 1 guy's point of view where he encounters the Doc when he is quite young, and from then on is investigating who this guy is until he meets him again when he's older.

I was at Download so I haven't seen the second part yet.

Hey, is this guy possibly the one from the first episode of the CE series??

It was a different actor in the main role, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him feature in it somewhere. Good shout.

I was at Download so I haven't seen the second part yet.

Hey, is this guy possibly the one from the first episode of the CE series??

It was a different actor in the main role, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him feature in it somewhere. Good shout.

No I don't think it is now that I've watched the trailer. But I know that blonde haired guy. He was in CE's series. I know it. Who was he! Arrrgh! I've got a feeling about Satellite 5, but I know its not.

Really enjoyed saturday's episode. A very unusual one for Dr Who in that the Doctor and Rose barely appear - it's taken from 1 chaps point of view.

Lots of funny bits. Got a touch silly in the end, but on the whole, very good.

Really enjoyed saturday's episode. A very unusual one for Dr Who in that the Doctor and Rose barely appear - it's taken from 1 chaps point of view.

Lots of funny bits. Got a touch silly in the end, but on the whole, very good.

I've heard the entire story is one big commentary on fandom. Did you get that vibe?

I've heard the entire story is one big commentary on fandom. Did you get that vibe?

It was, but your man Russell Davies was keen to show them in a good light - a group of 5 having a good time until Peter Kay's character turns up!

So, how are folks liking David Tennant as the Doctor in the second season?

I think he's ok - a touch over the top with his love of the human race, but I haven't once thought about how Ecclestone would have done the episodes this year, so that's saying something.

It was, but your man Russell Davies was keen to show them in a good light - a group of 5 having a good time until Peter Kay's character turns up!

I think he's ok - a touch over the top with his love of the human race, but I haven't once thought about how Ecclestone would have done the episodes this year, so that's saying something.

"My man" RTD? Huh? I enjoy the new show but I think THAT's going a bit far.

BTW, did you ever even enjoy the classic series?

So, I started in on the new season last night. New Earth was great. It wasn't nearly as "camp" (my, the UK fans LOVE to throw that word around) as I had been led to believe. This would have been a stand-out story last season.

Looking forward to watching Tooth and Claw tonight.

Has the second season gotten to the... SPOILER ALERT

[hide]Alternate Earth Cybermen story? [/hide]

Yes, they're past that over in the UK.

Watched Tooth and Claw and School Reunion tonight. Strong episodes each, if a bit on auto pilot. School Reunion brings back a LOT from the classic series which compensates for the average story. I dare any Who NOT to be excited when a certain investigative reporter enters the room. Or when the Doctor finally gets her pet working.

So far I've caught all the Torchwood references. Obviously that's a huge plot point in Tooth and Claw.

Everyone knows about Torchwood, the Captain Jack spin off, right?

"My man" RTD? Huh? I enjoy the new show but I think THAT's going a bit far.

BTW, did you ever even enjoy the classic series?

Loved the original series - don't think I've ever slagged off Doctor Who on this thread mate, I've defended it plenty.

I grew up at the tail end of Tom Baker and really only remembered his final few stories until I caught the earlier ones on tape. Peter Davison was my doctor - Caves of Androzani is still the best story for me from the all the series.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.