Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World of Warcraft Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1885 replies to this topic

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
I'll proclaim this the official NE WoW Chapter. This shall be the home for the WoW guild that consists of current/former FFXI NE members.

http://wowvault.ign.com/faq/index.php

This FAQ will help people that haven't played or played that much understand the game better.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Anyone getting the Collector's Edition?

It will include...
  • The full game on both CD-ROM and DVD-ROM
  • One-month subscription to World of Warcraft
  • The Art of World of Warcraft, 200+ page hardcover art book
  • World of Warcraft Behind-the-Scenes DVD
  • Exclusive in-game pet
  • Official soundtrack
  • Cloth map charting the continents of Kalimdor, Azeroth, Khaz Modan, and Lordaeron
  • Signed Collector's Edition game manual
  • 10-Day Free Guest Pass - invite one of your friends to join the epic quest

Ettin

Ettin

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
Hah. You have no idea how hard it is to get the Collector's Edition here. EB ran out ages ago. I think there must have only been a few hundred total for all of Sydney. You'd have to be some sort of elite hardcore gamer to...

In other words, **** yeah. :D

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts
Stress has ordered the CE and I will to I think depending on money left after bills on the next paycheck.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Ok, here's the math I did.

Normal Version - $49.99
Collector's Edition - $79.99

Collector's Edition Bonuses
-------------------------
Free Month - $15
Art of World of Warcraft art book - Would collect dust
World of Warcraft Behind-the-Scenes DVD - Would collect dust
Exclusive in-game pet - Priceless
Official soundtrack - Can "find" elsewhere
Cloth map - Would collect dust
Signed game manual - I don't care

So, you're paying for you first month and they are giving you other stuff for $15. Aside from the in-game pet, I could care less about the other stuff.

I pre-ordered the Normal Version today.

Resolute

Resolute

• Members
  • 215 posts
I already pre-ordered it... not sure what version I asked for. but it was prolly CE.

Have CE eq2 still waiting for me at the store and still need to pick up HL2 ... and all I want is WoW. lol

Assuming they setup the servers the same way as before. I would suggest a Mountain or Central Server to be our choice. (Discussion) ?

Also... are we joining a PvP server or not? (note: if I see a HARDCORE PvP server, thats where I will be).

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
If people are really wanting to continue and recreate the Nightly Elite (or whatever we call it) then check out this site.

We can make a guild and get a tabard to go on our armor. Damn thing costs 10 Gold to make, but everyone in the clan gets one. Not sure how easy 10 Gold is to come by, cause 1 Silver was pain enough for me. I ain't great at making money though.

http://wowvault.ign....=tabards&page=1

Here's a link to em, but these are my favorites.
Posted Image Posted Image

Also, we can only do this if everyone interested gets on the same server and chooses the same side, either all Alliance or all Horde. I'm fond of Alliance myself, but would go either path. As far as servers go, since we have a diverse group time zone wise, maybe a MST or CST server. Less crowded on them in the Beta at least.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Reso, we both seemed to have the same idea about the time zone of servers. As far as PvP goes, here's the difference between the two that I've read.

http://wowvault.ign....php?category=11

quote:

Normal Ruleset Servers:

PvP on the "Normal" servers will be strictly consentual. Players will be able to participate in PvP by either manually activating their PvP switch (by typing /pvp), attacking an enemy that is currently PvP active, entering a PvP Battle Ground instance or entering an opposing factions home city.

Alliance Vs. Horde Ruleset Servers:

PvP on the AvH servers occurs much more frequently than on the normal servers. Zones on the AvH servers are labeled either Alliance / Horde Territority or Contested Territority. By default the opposing faction becomes attackable once they enter the other side's "Territority" while any players in their home territority are not attackable by the enemy unless their PvP switch is active.

PvP matters little to me one way or another.

JonTucker

JonTucker

Halo -4- Life

• Members
  • 9,216 posts
Dude, I'm all about the crying bear or the cupcake symbol!!!

I can't afford to get involved with any MMORPG right now. FFXI was too much of a time sink, and I'd hate to see what a rich, persistent world such as the Worldcraft series has established would do to my time.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
That's one thing that WoW has tried to redo and one reason lots of people want to play it, is the fact that it is designed to be less of a time sink by design. Not that I'm trying to talk you into it, but just look at the cupcake symbol you could be missing out on.

JonTucker

JonTucker

Halo -4- Life

• Members
  • 9,216 posts
I'm sorry, but no way that's true. "Less of a time sink" = you don't have to play 1000 hours to get to the halfway point of the XP treadmill. Hey, if you can experience the whole game in about 200 hours playtime, I would gladly sign up. Spread it out over about 6 months, that's about an hour a day. I could swing that.

Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena

• Members
  • 4,327 posts

Macstorm:
Ok, here's the math I did.

Normal Version - $49.99
Collector's Edition - $79.99

Collector's Edition Bonuses
-------------------------
Free Month - $15
Art of World of Warcraft art book - Would collect dust
World of Warcraft Behind-the-Scenes DVD - Would collect dust
Exclusive in-game pet - Priceless
Official soundtrack - Can "find" elsewhere
Cloth map - Would collect dust
Signed game manual - I don't care

So, you're paying for you first month and they are giving you other stuff for $15.  Aside from the in-game pet, I could care less about the other stuff.

You get a free month with the normal version too.

Lord Malice

Lord Malice

The Pixelante

• 12,646 posts
OMFG! A cupcake on the armor!

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts

Darth_Athena:
You get a free month with the normal version too.

Sweet, EB and Co aren't saying that in hopes more will buy the CE. Glad I bought the normal.

Long live the Clan of the Cupcake!
Posted Image

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts
Mmm cupcakes.. that would strike fear into peoples hearts.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
My job/race preference is now Human Warlock. If everyone else (whoever everyone else is :P ) wants to go Horde, I'll find something else to be.

Roedran

Roedran

• Members
  • 949 posts
We can work that, basically we will have to wait til lvl 10ish or so anyway if we don't start in the same area to meet up. Around that level you can get access to the birds etc.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Questions:
Server Location (EST, CST, MST, PST)?
Server Type (Normal, PvP)?
Side (Alliance, Horde)?

Here's my picks.
Server Location - CST or MST
Server Type - Either, I really don't care
Side - Alliance

Stress

Stress

If you're happy and you know it... kill yourself.

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
i'm not down for a pvp server.. sorry, but i don't see the fun in getting ganked while trying to complete quests... that just gets annoying, especially when the ganker stands over your corpse waiting for you to respawn... trust me i've done that and had it done to me...

let's just say, for the sake of arguement, we end up playing this for a year like ffxi... i'm not wearing a cupcake or a crying bear :P ... i liked the lightning tabard :D ... and i could prolly make at least 5-10 gold w/in a week or so, money is rediculously easy to make in WoW

as for sides... well, honestly i don't care... but i have taken into account some of the wants of a few ppl who want to play the game (friends and such)... what it comes down to is what ppl want to play... cause here is the main difference: Paladin or Shaman?... if no one is going to be a paladin then we should concider horde, a shaman is a good thing to have... and vice versa... i'm not saying that all jobs are the same because a warlock from alliance is going to have different spells than a horde warlock... so this is prolly the most important thing that needs to be figured out...

another thing that i know some ppl won't have much interest in, but i bring this up because of the importance, is crafting... honestly, i will have several characters, and most of them will be crafting mules (i'm wierd like that)... but after seeing a lot of the craftable armors, weapons, etc... this is beneficial to ALL.. maybe there would be a few who would like to spend some of thier time and energy building up crafting skills, i know i will... cause frankly i'd like to be well equiped, not too mention the fact that this is the main money maker in this game... unlearn all that you have learned in ffxi, this is a different game :P .. if there is anyone interested in crafting for our guild (cause that's what it is - a guild, this is more than a linkshell, we're here to help each other out as well as chat), please let me know and we'll coordinate trades

sorry if i'm rambling :P

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
As far as picking sides, if you and Roe have other people outside of Nightly that are wanting to join, that's all good. Don't let my desire to play as a Human hinder you from picking a Horde character. I'm either gonna play a Human Warlock on the Alliance side or totally redecide on the Horde side, so I'm not stuck on Warlock...just Human Warlock. :P

I'm looking into Tailoring and/or Alchemy, though that may change if I don't go Warlock. Any crafting links you could recommend would be great.

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
first off i'd like to state that having to retype an @ssload of stuff cause this site thinks i was trying to alter some of the code sucks ><

ok, :P ... i don't think any crafting links will be necessary

but there's this site thottbot.com which is more to give you an idea of waht's out there and available to be made...

i would suggest picking complementing trades to save money

leatherwork & skinning

smithing & mining

alchemy & herbalism

etc...

first aid, cooking, and fishing ( i love fishing in this game @_@) are all secondary skills and all can be learned by... all :P

also, i'm thinking ppl should pick trades that benefit them most... for example, a hunter would prolly want to pick up leatherwork and skinning, a warrior/paladin would want smithing and mining... and i say this because, yes it makes sense an also it's easier to build a skill up when you have a direct need for it...

mac i think you're trade picks go great w/ the job you want... you can make your own armor and make potions and such... tailoring is an easy trade to get up, cause all you really need to do is kill humanoids for your supplies... alchemy on the other hand might get expensive because you can't get the needed recipe items on your own, which could be costly and the auction house... but please keep in mind that i'm only suggesting, if a warrior wants to be a tailor (like i was in beta), more power to them... you're enjoyment should come first... last thing, everyone might want to pick up fishing... not only does is complement cooking, but it's an awesome money maker... i've watched roe fish up at least 4 really good enchanted items... i've fished up weapons and items worth several silver, all you need is 1 pole (no bait) and a body of water... real simply, stress free fishing... not freaking bassmasters ><

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Sweet, sounds good.

You have any preference on a main character yet, Stress?

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
nope... i would like to recreate my undead warrior... but i can do that on my own time... one thing that does suck is i can't benefit from from any of my mules, or alliance friends in any way... so that means no mail from my dwarven smither... so if we pick a side that's where i and all my mules will be... nightelf warrior sounds good cause of the agility, which means more crits and dodging... and if it came down to us being alliance than that'd be my main guild character... but being as i have soooooooo much free time, i will have a main somewhere doing things as well...

Stress

Stress

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
heh... might i suggest tabard 154 if we're horde :P
and 88 for alliance... sumthing about NightlyElite and a sunrise... there's also a night sky one, but it's kinda... (|Calamity|)

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
I'm fine going Horde if others want to do so. I'll just need to redecide things is all. :P

I still like 113, the Lightning Tabard.