WHY DID CLOSE BASTDOORS?

SITH LORD TARDWALKER

Someone should make a "BASTDOORS" article on Wookieepedia, telling of this momentous event on our little message boards, how we were the number one Google result when searching for "BASTDOORS," and how it continues to be a source of entertainment today. I think it's important enough to have an article on there, and if they don't like it they can always delete it.

• 3 weeks later...

In the original Star Wars (later renamed Star Wars IV: A New Hope), there is a scene where Stormtroopers were pursuing Han Solo. While on the run one of the Stromtroopers franticly orders that the nearby blastdoors be closed in attempt to corner his prey. To the plotting Stormtrooper's chagrin, however, Solo manages to jump through the blastdoors as they are closing. Upon realizing that the nimble Solo had managed to elude him, the same Stormtrooper abruptly reverses his frantic pleas by screaming "Open the blastdoors!"

This scene makes me laugh out loud every time I see it, and it begs the question: Why would he do such a thing?

In the original Star Wars (later renamed Star Wars IV: A New Hope), there is a scene where Stormtroopers were pursuing Han Solo. While on the run one of the Stromtroopers franticly orders that the nearby blastdoors be closed in attempt to corner his prey. To the plotting Stormtrooper's chagrin, however, Solo manages to jump through the blastdoors as they are closing. Upon realizing that the nimble Solo had managed to elude him, the same Stormtrooper abruptly reverses his frantic pleas by screaming "Open the blastdoors!"

This scene makes me laugh out loud every time I have see it, and it begs the question: Why would he do such a thing?

This is the funniest post I've read in this entire thread. Great job! :D

CD: What if I told you that the Senate was now under the control of a Sith Lord, named Darth Sidious??

Obi: No. That's not possible. The Jedi would see him through the bastdoor.

CD: The paint has clouded their vision my friend.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.