The Star Wars Holiday Special

The Human Torch

• 3 weeks later...

I caught this at a friend's house the other day. "Bad" is not strong enough to describe this. Fisher is really on another world--without otherworldy efx and el cheapo sets. Ford looks like he would find crapping razor blades would be more fun than working on the special. Hamill is bordering on phoning in his performance, but as others have noted, WTF is up with the eye-liner?

Still. GL needs to release this, and shoot new interviews with the big three. Not releasing it did not make it fade from history or memories, and since he's so keen on stopping piracy....well...you know, George, there's an answer for that..

Still. GL needs to release this, and shoot new interviews with the big three. Not releasing it did not make it fade from history or memories, and since he's so keen on stopping piracy....well...you know, George, there's an answer for that..

Carrie Fisher has been so frothing with hate towards the Star Wars franchise for so long, I really doubt amount of money would make her do an interview for any of it now, but especially not this turd. Harrison Ford's too big and busy to do it. But Mark Hamil still has a great attitude and he'd do it I know.

Finally tried showing this to my son for his first time. We both lasted 70 minutes before we couldn't take any more.

Question: does the same copy get passed around all of fandom? My copy includes some local commercials that seem to be from the Baltimore area. I was wondering if these were effectively archived in bootleg for all time, or if there're other copies out there with commercials from other markets.

I've never seen the whole thing so I wouldn't be able to say. The most I've sat and watched at one time was the awesome Holiday Special in Five Minutes that Youtube used to have up, but Lucasfilm had them remove that. I've seen other clips here and there, but never over five minutes at a time... 70 minutes?! You deserve the Medal of Honor, Six.

Finally tried showing this to my son for his first time. We both lasted 70 minutes before we couldn't take any more.

:lol: Somewhere, Lucas is screaming "see? I told you stupid ***** that it was bad! Happy?"

Question: does the same copy get passed around all of fandom? My copy includes some local commercials that seem to be from the Baltimore area. I was wondering if these were effectively archived in bootleg for all time, or if there're other copies out there with commercials from other markets.

The copy my friend played was commercial free--then again, i'm not sure if he recieved a copy of your version with the commercials removed. All I can say is that his copy also has a few original Kenner SW action figure commercials from the 1977 - 79 period (NOT as part of the special--but as extras), including a Bossk special figure offer from the (announced) then-forthcoming ESB (this stuff is all over the 'net). The last commercial was a Kenner contest to go to the premiere of ROTJ.

You could get drunk on the flood of OT memories his copy provides.

I was going to check.. but.. you know-- then I'd have to watch it.

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.