SPORTS JEOPARDY

Primbud

47 = gotta have a Roswell feel somehow - renaming the categories and reworking some of the clues perhaps.

some of the clues may have become outdated.

Outdate clues ... gives me an idea. We could have a Jeop. full of outdated stuff - we can label it "If produced in [state year here]" ... 

Also, there will be a special guest host for SJ 46. :D

I'll get my milk ready.

• 1 month later...

Another baseball edition - for Tom Glavine??

What does this mean?

>Career Round First Clues Correct: ...

I think a couple of the guest stars are listed multiple times for frequencies, like R2-D2 and Joe Green (slight differences like Mean Joe Greene instead of simply the apparently nice guy regular version of 'Joe Greene") ...

Another baseball edition - for Tom Glavine??

No all baseball edition this time. We need to do an all hockey edition. :D

What does this mean?

>Career Round First Clues Correct: ...

The number of times a contestant has gotten the first clue correct in a round. Cheesy? Yes....I forgot the reason why I came up with that stat. I think there was a streak of the first person answering a clue correct in the game not winning the championship.

I thinka couple of the guest stars are listed multiple times for frequencies, like R2-D2 and Joe Green (slight differences like Mean Joe Greene instead of simply the apparently nice guy regular version of 'Joe Greene") ...

Thanks for the tip...I'll look into it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Indy Stu Diou: Welcome ladies and gentlemen for a special bulletin. We have just been able to get a first, secret, behind-the-scenes shot of a glorious upcoming event. Let's go out to Mr. Ter out in the field who has more. Ripor, are you there??

Ripor Ter: I am here indeed, Indy Stu, and I have with me THE behind-the-scenes image you refer to, take a look at this, if we can pan the camera just slightly this way, we have our intrepid field journalist Ondi holding it up, pan in here will ya', Raman?

*Kham Raman pans in*

Ondi Sydle Ains: That's right, pan right in, I was up in the catwalks all night and in the morning, the construction crew came in through the basement and some secret unknown entrance and began working on a stage ...

... we have no solid leads as to why this is happening, only speculation at this point, what do you think, Ripor??

Ripor Ter: I know better than to call my own shots, but we'll keep up the investigation out here Stu, back to you.

Indy Stu Diou: Alright, thank you very much Ripor, you guys be careful out there and see what else you can find. As stated, only speculation abounds and at this preliminary point we have really no idea why this is happening, when it will be revealed and what it all means. We'll definitely bring you more as we find out. For now, let's get you back to your regularly-scheduled newscast about the War in Virginia ...

Perhaps he's under P for Pencil-Pusher.

Indy Stu Diou: Hey, Ripor, you ready??

Ripor: Indeed I am. We're gathered here and what a scene it is, Stu, famous And infamous people as far as the eye can see, all filing into this enormous edifice; it took a record, less than 24 hours to create this humongous place, let's see if we can't grab a few words from these passing celebs, I see Jennifer Lopez, *[/i]grabs[/i]* ...

Indy Stu Diou: Ooh, that's gonna cost ...

Ripor: J-Lo, how'd you end up here??

J-Lo: I was hanging out on the block, and I got a text.

Indy Stu Diou: We know Prim didn't send that.

Ripor: And here's governor and superstar Arnold Schwarzenegger himself, Arnie, why are you here??

Arnie: I just felt like Coming!! I love Coming!! This is the place to Come to! If you're gonna Come, Come here!!

Ripor: And who's this, your secret twin?

R. Wolfcastle: [britishaccent]My desired presence is now futile[/ba].

Indy Stu Diou: :eek::confused:

Ripor: Speaking of BA, here's Mr. T, star of The hit 1980s TV show The A-Team and the blockbuster hit feature D. C. Cab ... Say, Mr. T, are you going to make a cameo in the upcoming A-Team remake??

T: I pity da foo' who goes to see that new-age digital sh**.

Ripor: Uh, don't you mean you pity the one who Doesn't go see it?

T, leaning in: You hard o'hearin', sucka'?!

Ripor: Uh, no, no,uh, thanx, um, enjoy the festivities ...

Indy Stu Diou: I hear there are also a lot of beautiful women there, Ripor. You gonna live up to your name??

Ripor: I tell you not all of them are, some are downright obese - but you know how the stats on that are

Indy Stu Diou: What does that supposed to mean?

Ripor: ... Oh, here's NFL quarterback Michael Vick, any choice words??

M Vick, looking at a fatty: WOOF.

Indy Stu Diou/Ripor: Yup, that says it all about Vick.

Ripor: And I see another NFL quarterback, Tom Brady, what are your thoughts Tom?

T Brady: I'm glad to be here. This is a story, of a man named Primmy, who was bringing up some very awesome thoughts, there were at least 30, the newest one is here, in all our presence. It's a story of a man named Wicket who was busy with some statistics of his own, he was a jumble of numerals, yet he was, without contesting in a while ...

Ripor: I see ...

T. Brady: Till the one day when this Prof met this Darth, and they knew it was much more than an inkling, that this duo would somehow form this event, and that is how they made this buil-ding ...

Ripor: Uh, okay, alright, thanx Tom, I see you've been into those Behlichick play books this week. And watching reruns in your spare time. Now, let's go inside this palacial estate.

*DW adjusts tie*

A Toht: You hosts, you're all the same, always overdressing for the wrong occasion.

DW: Ahem, welcome one and all for a very special halftime presentation, one that has not been seen in the annals of Sports Jeopardy.

Prim: And speaking of its annals, that's exactly what this presentation is all about.

LK: Anal? Ha ha - and I thought Virginia was funny.

M Tyson: STFU!

*JZA munches on popcorn*

G Stefani: Oh my, Prim's in a tux!

Prim: We are gathered here on this auspicious occasion to honour some Very Important Personnel ...

Ven H: That would be VIP ... *proceeds to get up*

*Tyson frowns*

S Connery: What do you think you're doing, Ven? Get down! *pulls Ven back into seat*

Prim: ... it is here ...

B Connelly: I said that repeatedly in X-Files 2.

http://mp3.music.lib.ru/mp3/d/dj_aruhs/ dj_aruhs-eye_of_the_tiger-2.mp3

*'Eye of the Tiger' begins playing* (leaving out spaces)

Prim: ... it is the GRAND OPENING, OF THE JEOPARDY ON NN HALL OF FAME!!

*crowd pops*

V McMahon: I could announce it much better.

*Tyson leaves LK and heads to McMahon*

LK: :devil: Who says freedom is a farce??

Undome T: That's 'freedome'.

Prim: We are all here to witness the induction of the inaugural class, the bedrock if you will ...

*James Arnold Taylor raises an eyebrow and smiles in his seat in row 345*

Prim: ... the foundation laid ...

Ripor: Yesterday!

Prim: ... And let's get right to it. To present the first, well I guess the presentee would be the first, I mean the stats, those stats, those titles, speak for themselves right?, the first inductee ever into the Jeop Hall Of Fame, I've brought with me, my neighbour and yours, brother Chien-Ming Wang!!

*Wang speaks*

Prim: Uh, heh, what he means is ... *opens envelope*

... This initial honoree needs no introduction. A dominating, record-setting ... no, No, NO, NO!

*crowd gasps*

*Wang continues to speak, drowned*

Prim: He will not be first, I should be first! Me, me!

*Tyson appears shocked*

*JZA munches faster*

Ripor: This doesn't sound scripted.

R Stiles: Might be time for us to take over, c'mon, Greg, Colin, Tony, Josie ...

Prim, blaring into mic: I created this thing - I brought it over and I started this - January 2004 - I remember it like it was just five years ago, I synchronized it to start with the calendar year, I created this effort *points to audience* You all belong to me know.

F Welker: I belong to nobody!

P Cullen: Primbud needs assistance??

Indy Stu Diou: Yeah, maybe to the crazy bin; what's going on there, Ripor??

Ripor: Well, it appears a master of ceremonies has literally taken his title to task.

Prim: And 'I' should be the first inductee! Moi! Now, stop - all of you *points* think, I'm no madman. How many of you sincerely feel I should go in ahead, the first enshrinee, I mean, heh, not that it matters ...

*a couple of hands go up*

S. Connery: What do you think you're doing, get those down!

Prim: Well, who cares, the only thing that matters is what the hosts think ... **fading diabolical laughter**

Yes...this was an idea we have been kicking around for a while, and we finally decided to create the Hall of Fame. But as for Primbud...You're in the stars, head in the clouds, astronomy buff, a phile, we had Carl Sagan back from the beyond here just to induct you and you ruin it ... you overzealous, impatient self-inductee.

Prim: SHUT UP!

DW: Congrats Primbud, the inaugural enshrinee into the newly-Christened Hall Of Fame:

Prim: :blush: Oh, I, heh, oh, um, thanx. :blush:

DW: Not only did he brong forth this marvelous game but he also hosted and cohosted it a record @ of times. He was a fine player too, a player-manager for the ages if you will, winning, sort of, a memorable one, the first tie ever.

*Prim finally appears calm and happy*

Prim: And you know, I'm of course not the only member of this inaugural class.

*crowd relaxes*

Prim: :hmm:

JZA: Oh, and Prim, your Eye of the Tiger link above's busted, waupwaup ...

Prim: It's broken, on purpose, just copy and paste it and remove the space in the middle, ugh.

JZA: Shoulda' used Youtube or something ...

Prim: What the??

*DW blinks*

Prim: It's a great piece, I guarantee it - just copy and remove space ...

... Moving on, our second and well-deserved enshrinee is none other than the dominating force, the juggernaut, we have all come to read.

Wang: Darth, Wicket!

Prim: His accomplishments are too numerous to note but some include the most championships, highest number of clues correct, clue percentage, et al ... I'll never forget the ninth game where he ruled 73000-zip - it reminded me of that 73-0 Bears debacle back in the day of the NFL. I knew right there and then he was a force to be reckoned with. So congrats Darth Wicket on being amongst the inaugural class of the Jeopardy Hall Of Fame.

Prim: Our plaques will hang amongst those of every team every assembled in the history of every sport recognized within a SJ.

Prim: Anything to say, SuperStatistician?

Prim: Anything to say, SuperStatistician?

I would just like to say that I've had a lot of fun over the past 5-6 years playing, hosting, and keeping stats. There are some people that I would like to thank:

Primbud - for bringing Jeopardy (one of my favorite games) to Nightly, for wagering only 400 to tie on the last clue of the 2nd round of SJ 07, and for sticking with me as a co-host even though I started SJ 10 before he could post the SJ historical recap. :D

Pharoah JZA - for neglecting the letter 'e' on his keyboard (:D) and for being a good sport as I continually rehash the same joke.

Nomaa Jedi Piarra - for creating an all baseball SJ, which is something I have wanted to participate in since my first SJ appearance.

Darth Irish - for not using his mod capabilities to delete any of my responses. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.