SPORTS JEOPARDY

Primbud

It's funny this should be brought up because a couple of weeks ago, I made my own Power Rankings for SJ...giving 3 points for each 1st place finish, 2 points for each 2nd place finish, and 1 point for each 3rd place finish. In the event of a tie, the next lower level points may not be rewarded. Example : Two people tie for first - no second place points are rewarded. Three people tie for first - only first place points are rewarded and nothing else. Here are the results of what I got (does not include most recent SJ - SJ XV I think it is)...

Power Rankings:

Darth Irish = 21

Darth Wicket = 21

Pharoah JZA = 16

Primbud = 7

austin = 5

Nomaa Jedi Piarra = 5

Pat Bowen = 5

Lucas = 2

Dr. Shady = 1

Decoy Octopus = 1

Otanku = 1

Number of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes:

code:

1	2	3

Irish 3 5 2 = 21

Wicket 5 1 4 = 21

Jza 4 1 2 = 16

Primbud 1 2 0 = 7

austin 0 2 1 = 5

NJP 1 1 0 = 5

Bowen 1 1 0 = 5

Lucas 0 1 0 = 2

Shady 0 0 1 = 1

Octopus 0 0 1 = 1

Otanku 0 0 1 = 1

A quickie SJ recap:

Games 1-3 were all hosted by yours truly and Pharoah JZA won each of them, with scores of 26700, 31600, and 26900!

As per SJ rules, he was unable to participate as a contestant in SJ4 so he helped me host it. Pat Bowen took that one with a record 32099.

Game 5 saw Otanku take the reigns and Pharoah JZA was once again the co-host. And although there was controversy during Final Jeopardy, Darth Irish won out with a whopping 111998!

Pharoah JZA took the solo reigns for Game 6 and appropriately DENNIS RODMAN was the Final Jeopardy category - but Darth Irish won out again, this time with 46800.

Game 7 saw a SJ first, where Darth Wicket and myself both had the same amount heading into Final Jeopardy, and via correct responses, both had the same amount heading out of Final Jeopardy, thus co-champions we wuz! PJ hosted.

PJ and myself cohosted Game 8 and this game will be remembered for a Darth Irish win when austin - leading heading into Final Jeopardy - didn't show up for that final round.

PJ and myself cohosted Game 9 and this game will be remembered for one of the most dominating victories of all-time in Darth Wickets triumph, as he scored 73900!

After that win, DW helped me host the 10th edition of this fine game with Pharoah JZA taking the title for an unprecedented fourth time, with a score of 24500.

And then came the dark times. ... for everyone else ... because:

Darth Wicket loomed large and blitzed through, winning Game 11 (I hosted) with a score of 28000, winning Game 12 (I hosted) with a score of 17600 (he was the only player with a positive score at the end), and winning Game 13 (I hosted a special SuperBowl edition) with a score of 36728.

By winning three straight games, he was unable to participate as a contestant in Game 14, thus helping me cohost. Nomaa Jedi Piarra turned up on the scene and won with a score of 37000.

NJP helped me host Game 15 which was won by Darth Irish and his record-setting score of 123000.

So to recap:

SJ1 - Pharoah JZA

SJ2 - Pharoah JZA

SJ3 - Pharoah JZA

SJ4 - Pat Bowen

SJ5 - Darth Irish

SJ6 - Darth Irish

SJ7 - Primbud/Darth Wicket

SJ8 - Darth Irish

SJ9 - Darth Wicket

SJ10 - Pharoah JZA

SJ11 - Darth Wicket

SJ12 - Darth Wicket

SJ13 - Darth Wicket

SJ14 - Nomaa Jedi Piarra

SJ15 - Darth Irish

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok, prim. i came - so no more tongue-lashings!

(the other kind are ok, though)

i "watched" the very 1st episode & i must say,

it was more entertaining than the one on tv! and

i don't have to listen to alec trebec, either! laugh

i don't see myself playing, though. i'm around

inconsistantly. plus, i've never watched an

entire NHL game in my life and haven't followed

baseball since i was a teenager (which is to say

many years ago). shrug

i'll definitely become a lurker, though!

good luck, all! :cool:

yeah, that's true. i do know nothing...but still,

i usually only have serious online time on the

weekend, so i may not even be there for a lot of

questions.

i have been finding a few minutes to check e-mail

before i go to work a few times a week. i guess

that could be SJ time, instead... shrug

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.