SPORTS JEOPARDY

Primbud

I don't mind taking a break for a few games.

The SJ and J stats through SJ 39 are updated on my blog.

http://forums.nightly.net/blog/darth_wicket/index.php

Some interesting facts about SJ 39...

Nomaa Jedi Piarra became only the 2nd SJ contestant to reach 400 career clues correct and 400 career power points.

He also became the 2nd contestant to reach 20 career correct daily doubles.

bonnie13 placed at least 3rd for the 13th consecutive game, extending her record streak.

bonnie13 and Nomaa Jedi Piarra added to their "Most Final Jeopardy Wagers of 1 or 0 Points" totals in SJ 39. bonnie13 is leading with 7 and Nomaa Jedi Piarra has 6. The next highest total is 2. :D

SJ 39 was also probably the hardest SJ ever. The previous record for missed clues in one SJ was 6 in SJ 38. SJ 39 had 16 total missed clues, including 15 in the 2nd round, and 6 in a row at one point. It was also the 1st time there had been 3 missed daily doubles in one game.

Another interesting note was that SJ 39 marked the 1st time since SJ 06 that nobody had run a category in the game. It was also only the 3rd time total, the 1st time being SJ 02.

SJ 39 also placed...

4th for least combined points in a game (12199).

1st for least combined points in a round (500 in Round 2). The previous record was 8600 in SJ 12 Round 1.

2nd for least combined daily double points in a game (-2900).

2nd (tied) for most contestants in a game (7).

3rd for longest game in days (53).

• 1 month later...

More time would be great.

I only have access to a computer for one or two hours at a time at my library so therefore when the library is closed...

*wonders if she can install install DSL on herself*

I am finding answers to use that I am trying not to use in "Did you know" thread

I gots me this source that is not internet based

How bout.... You can delay SJ until after Turkey Day, but start an MJ sometime soon! (i.e. tonight!)

Unfortunately, the material we have for MJ 007 (the all James Bond special) is not quite ready to go just yet. However, the good news is that we are working on the next MJ simultaneously, so that one should be ready to go soon after 007 (say around Christmas time).

As for SJ 41, I think some people (specifically Rock and Otanku) will be happy to know that it is less heavy on the baseball clues than the previous SJ.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.