Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NFL Pool (Week 3)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

smarter than the average bear

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
I wanted to do it this week :P ....

Sunday, September 21, 2003

Tampa Bay
Atlanta

Pittsburgh
Cincinnati

Minnesota
Detroit

Kansas City
Houston

Jacksonville
Indianapolis

N.Y Jets
New England

New Orleans
Tennessee

Green Bay
Arizona

St. Louis
Seattle

N.Y Giants
Washington

Baltimore
San Diego

Cleveland
San Francisco

Buffalo
Miami

Monday Sep.29:

Oakland
Denver

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Well by all means then. :)

Tampa Bay
Atlanta
I think TB will bounce back after their shocking and disappointing loss to Carolina.

Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
I can't see Pittsburgh playing so badly two weeks in a row. Unfortunately for Cinci I don't see them getting their first win of the season yet.

Minnesota
Detroit
Minnesota's playing really well, and Detroit's bad performance last week leads one to believe their good performance against the Cardinals in Week 1 was because they were playing the Cardinals.

Kansas City
Houston
One of the best teams in the league, I'm going with KC.

Jacksonville
Indianapolis
Indy seemed more like themselves in Week 2, I'm expecting to see more of the same.

N.Y Jets
New England
I like the home team in this one.

New Orleans
Tennessee
I'm not exactly sure what to think of either team quite yet so far. So again, when in doubt I go with the home team.

Green Bay
Arizona
Doesn't really warrent explaining.

St. Louis
Seattle
Don't know why, I guess I have a good feeling about Seattle this year. I guess this could kinda count as an upset for the week.

N.Y Giants
Washington
The Skins are playing great, and NY still will have to be thinking about that loss Monday night. Washington at home.

Baltimore
San Diego
The Chargers suffer another loss at home two weeks in a row.

Cleveland
San Francisco
San Fran rebounds from a game they should've won last week as they take their aggresion out on the Browns.

Buffalo
Miami
Buffalo's looking great, Miami's looking like the usual: mediocre.

Monday Sep.29:

Oakland
Denver
Denver's hot, Oakland is not. I think defense will be a key factor here. Oakland hasn't done anything much on offense these first two games, against two defenses that Denver's outshines thus far. And even with Plummer's innaccurate throwing Denver's offense has STILL managed to put up 67 points. Denver's biggest worry is making sure Plummer doesn't throw any bad passes in Rod Woodson's direction, because the man will pick it off. Other than that, unless a different Oakland team shows up than what we've seen thus far, the Broncos take this one at home.

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
Atlanta
I think TB will attempt to bounce back after their loss to Carolina but to no avail they will lose. Plus, I just don't like 'em. :P

Pittsburgh
One of the best offenses in the AFC. Im going with tha Steelers.

Minnesota
1)Minnesota's playing really well
2)They're my boys
3)It's Detroit

Kansas City
One of my top 5 in the NFL, I'm going with KC.

Indianapolis
Indy put the hurt on the Titans, so I'll take the Colts.

N.Y Jets
Im not sure on this one...could go either way.

New Orleans
I'll take New Orleans because im from Tennessee and don't like the Titans. Plus, the looked horrible last week.

Arizona
This is my upset of the week...don't ask me why

Seattle
St. Louie just can't get their crap together.

Washington
NY looks sloppy so far...

Baltimore
Jamal Lewis is looking pretty dang good after last week. Look for much of the same.

San Francisco
San Fran rebounds from a game they should've won last week.

Buffalo
Another of my top 5. Look for them to win by at least 10.

Monday Sep.29:

Denver
Denver's looking good.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,147 posts

Tampa Bay at Atlanta - Taking Tampa Bay. They have the Falcons number even with Vick.

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati - I don't see Cincy upsetting anybody yet. Taking the Steelers.

Minnesota at Detroit - Here is where I can see an upset. But, no. Vikings win.

Kansas City at Houston - Chiefs win.

Jacksonville at Indianapolis - Colts at home.

N.Y Jets at New England - Jets start to get back in gear. Jets win.

New Orleans at Tennessee - Tough game to call. Saints have been quiet. Going to have to go with the Titans in a close game at home.

Green Bay at Arizona - Poor Emmitt. Green Bay wins.

St. Louis at Seattle - This is a big game for both teams to establish themselves early. Bulger has something to prove and Seattle has something to prove to the entire NFC West. Seattle squeaks by in a great game.

N.Y Giants at Washington - Giants usually do well against the Redskins, so taking the Giants here.

Baltimore at San Diego - Brees and Tomlinson over Boller and Lewis. Chargers win.

Cleveland at San Francisco - Get Couch in there! San Fran at home.

Buffalo at Miami - Oh man.... Really tough game. I think Williams runs wild at home. Dolphins win.

Monday, September 22, 2003

Oakland at Denver - Oakland owns Monday night. Raiders win.

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
(Rama, does this mean yer willing to post total W-L record after the week?)

My picks:

Tampa Bay
Atlanta
Bucs get back on the horse

Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Steelers are too much for the Bungles.

Minnesota
Detroit
Vikes are tearin it up.

Kansas City
Houston
KC is the best team in Sept.

Jacksonville
Indianapolis
Indy

N.Y Jets
New England
Jets get off the skid.

New Orleans
Tennessee
Titans

Green Bay
Arizona
Green Bay but Emmitt will have a good game.

St. Louis
Seattle
Seattle wins easily.

N.Y Giants
Washington
G men take revenge on the Skins

Baltimore
San Diego
Ravens in a yawner

Cleveland
San Francisco
49ers win will force Cleveland to bring Couch back in.

Buffalo
Miami
Fish will run Ricky run Ricky run Ricky

Monday Sep.29:

Oakland
Denver
Oakland will force turnovers from the erratic Snake

darth stupidious

darth stupidious

• Members
  • 539 posts
Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh
Minnesota
Kansas City
Indianapolis
New England
Tennessee
Green Bay
Seattle
N.Y Giants
Baltimore
San Francisco
Buffalo

Monday Sep.29:

Oakland

These are the perfect picks, unlike my fluke last week!! thumbs_u

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,813 posts
Tampa Bay
Atlanta

ATLANTA: Warrick Dunn will have revenge on his former team and tear it up. 28-17

Pittsburgh
Cincinnati

PITTSBURGH: Pit will finally get their running game going against cincy and will win with no problems. 24-9

Minnesota
Detroit

DETROIT: Harrington is inconsistent, but he will be consistent in this game and pull out a narrow victory. 31-24

Kansas City
Houston

KANSAS CITY: Holmes will roll over houston, score 3 td's and rush for over 200 yards in a 48-16 beating.

Jacksonville
Indianapolis

INDY: marvin harrison will finally show his form of last year when he pulls in 10 catches and helps indy beat the jags 28-14.

N.Y Jets
New England

NEW ENGLAND: they'll get it clicking again this week against the jets and kevin faulk will rush for over 100 yards and NE will win 21-6.

New Orleans
Tennessee

NEW ORLEANS: untill eddie george gets it going, tennessee just can't do it with just mcnair. this will be an ugly game, but NO will pull it out and win 21-17.

Green Bay
Arizona

GREEN BAY: Favre will finally get it together, and ahman green will absolutely kill arizona with his legs. 42-10

St. Louis
Seattle

SEATTLE: i just got that feeling that seattle will handle the rams quite well. i think seattle is gonna be in the playoff hunt in the end of the season. they're legit, and will beat the rams 34-24.

N.Y Giants
Washington

WASHINGTON: i think they are finally gonna live up to their expectations this year. 21-7.

Baltimore
San Diego

SAN DIEGO: Tomlinson and the Chargers offense will finally get it together and win 28-17

Cleveland
San Francisco

SAN FRAN: it's in the bay area, and owens will OWN the browns backs in this one, 34-21.

Buffalo
Miami

MIAMI: Rickey williams ain't having it. he'll show just what kind of defense buffalo really has and run over them with over 120 yards rushing and will win 31-28

Monday Sep.29:

Oakland
Denver

DENVER: oaklands age has finally caught up with them, as plummer finally looks like his money's worth. 24-13.

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

• Banned Users
  • 978 posts
Tampa
Atlanta
Going for the upset. Tampa just hasnt been impressive. Hope im wrong, cuz Tampa's my home boys, I remember when i was 9, i sat through this Jets game in Tampa, it was raining like nobody was there cuz tampa really sucked, but I was rooting and cheering even though the score was 9-6 final, i cant remember who won though...

Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
no contest

Minnesota
Detroit
no contest

Kansas Cit
Houston
no contest

Jacksonville
Indianapolis
no contest

N.Y Jets
New England
Jets get first win

New Orleans
Tennessee
tough call, but I think NO will take it

Green Bay
Arizona
psssh, yea right... :rolleyes:

St. Louis
Seattle
Seattle is a flop...

N.Y Giants
Washington
unimpressive loss to the Cowboys puts my vote for the 'skins.

Baltimore
San Diego
another close game

Cleveland
San Francisco
Cleveland has a chance, but its a long shot

Buffalo
Miami
Buffalo's gonna own the fins

Monday Sep.29:

Oakland
Denver
I just think so...

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

• Members
  • 8,614 posts

quote:

Originally posted by Otanku:
[QB] (Rama, does this mean yer willing to post total W-L record after this week?

Nah...You, Solo, or DMC can handle it.

Oh and DMC, Harrington prolly won't get it together...

Shady

Shady

Lean Toward The Sun

• Members
  • 6,253 posts
Tampa Bay
Atlanta

I believe Atlanta is going to trick Tampa in a sense of the word. Atlanta will start off throwing the ball, but will run the ball at the right times. In the second quarter Warrick will own! Atlanta will even have not one, but two count'em two, kickoffs returned for TD's!

Atlanta 24 Tampa 16

Pittsburgh
Cincinnati

Just like the last two previous weeks Tommy Maddox is going to be gold throwing the ball. But he will eclipse over 375 yards this week with 4 TD's and 0 int. Chad Johnson on the other side will do all that is within his power to help the Bengals. He will be BIG.

Steelers 38 Bengals 21

Minnesota
Detroit

Olandis Gary of all people this week will shine when he gets to touch the ball. He won't be dominating but he will turn his 10 or 11 carries into 70+ yards with 2 TD's. This week will simply be one of those weeks where the Vikings just don't step up. Harrington's good eyes as of late will be the key to this one. The Lions will make a crucial last minute drive that ends with a field goal.

Lions 20 Vikings 17

Kansas City
Houston

Let's get real folks Kansas City owns! But this will be one of those weeks where Houstons sole gameplan will be to shutdown Holmes. They will be relatively successful, but the Chiefs have too many options to be shutdown like that. Holmes will get a respectable 80+ yards and 1TD but the Trent will be the key. He will find every open reciever from the leftside to the rightside. But the Chiefs dont have to worry about Shockey syndrome; because they have the best TE in football. Gonzalez will have about 10 catches and turn that into 3TD's

Chiefs 31 Texans 10

Jacksonville
Indianapolis

The Colts defense will bale out Mannings trying too hard ways. Peyton will be proficient but will forget that there is a prime running back behind him. The Colts will win, but Peyton will make it too close for comfort with his 3 int's

Colts 20 Jaguars 19

N.Y Jets
New England

Santana Moss will catch, run, with the football as well as Carlos Santana riffs the guitar. He will be sheer brilliance. The Jets will be magic and ole Vinny will start to get in a rhythm. The Patriots will make a last quarter Super Bowlish attempt at coming back but will fall short as Moss shows them who is the most underrated player in football

Jets 27 Patriots 17

New Orleans
Tennessee

Tennessee's defense will avenge last week's performance. Mcnair will be all the hype as he carries the Titans to a nice win.

Titans 24 Saints 10

Green Bay
Arizona

Ahman Green will be all over the place. Bubba Franks will make a winning catch. Favre will be decent but still have youth reciever problems as they just seem to have trouble running the routes.

Packers 17 Arizona 13

St. Louis
Seattle

Shaun Alexander will be at the top of his game as he will step his game up knowing that Marshall Faulk is on the otherside. Shaun will have about 250 total yards and 3 TD's But the Rams will still manage to pull this one out. McDonald of all people will be a big part of the Rams offense. Faulk will even show latter signs of waiting for his big break game late in the game as he did last week.

Rams 28 Seahawks 21

N.Y Giants
Washington

Washington will own the Giants in the first half. The Giants will make an early second half run but it won't be enough

Redskins 20 Giants 17

Baltimore
San Diego

This will be the break out game of the week yet again. Lewis won't have anywhere near the magic of last week but Boller will finally show some promise. The Ravens defense will be awe-inspiring.

Baltimore 35 Chargers 9

Cleveland
San Francisco

The 49ers will out play the Browns in every aspect of the game except in the first quarter.
Owens will show why he feels he is the best reciever in the game.

49ers 28 Browns 17

Buffalo
Miami

Here's the shutout of the week. In a wierd state of events Buffalo will finally be turned into BBQ Wings as Miami shuts them out.

Miami 35 Buffalo 0

Monday Sep.29:

Oakland
Denver

Oakland just wont make the right plays at the right time. Rice will get the hookup every now and then but not when he'd like. Denver's stellar running game will again prevail. Nothing too special in this game.

Denver 21 Oakland 12

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts

quote:

Denver's biggest worry is making sure Plummer doesn't throw any bad passes in Rod Woodson's direction, because the man will pick it off.

Well we can scratch that, it appears Woodson is doubtful for the game this Monday due to a knee injury. If he doesn't play the cards have been stacked even higher against the Raiders of coming away with a win.

Venerable Jedi Knight

Venerable Jedi Knight

• Members
  • 874 posts
Tampa Bay*
Atlanta
*** 27-13 Tampa has to be pissed this week.

Pittsburgh*
Cincinnati
*** 34-24 Pittsburgh has some holes - but they ain't losin' to the Bungles yet.

Minnesota
Detroit*
*** 23-17 Minnesota looked troubled against Chicago. And there have got to be upsets with this many good teams on the road this week.

Kansas City*
Houston
*** 48-10 No need for analysis.

Jacksonville
Indianapolis*
*** 33-6 Indy has looked good so far. Will win their division in a heartbeat at this rate.

N.Y Jets
New England*
*** 20-10 Jets aren't winnin' anytime soon.

New Orleans
Tennessee*
*** 38-34 Saints defense is non-existent and McNair will probably play.

Green Bay*
Arizona
*** 31-20 Packers seem weaker this year. But that Cardinals ARE the worst team in football.

St. Louis
Seattle*
*** 30-27 Big early NFC West test for Holmgren.

N.Y Giants
Washington*
*** 23-16 Washington has the #2 defense so far - has been nasty on 3rd down, and Spurrier will actually run the ball.

Baltimore
San Diego*
*** 27-7 Marty Ball finally breaks through. Lewis can't run for 295 every week.

Cleveland
San Francisco*
*** 24-10 If they go to Couch, they gotta stay with Couch from here on out.

Buffalo*
Miami
*** 30-20 Buffalo gets its first test, but they're probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFL so far.

Monday Sep.29:

Oakland
Denver*
*** 42-40 Don't know why the score is so high, just feels right. I just can't see Oakland beating Denver a week after they looked RIDICULOUS against Cinci.

Darth Marineus

Darth Marineus

... BLAH!

• Members
  • 3,881 posts
UPDATE

Tampa Bay - WIN
Atlanta

Pittsburgh - WIN
Cincinnati

Minnesota - WIN
Detroit

Kansas City - WIN
Houston

Jacksonville - LOSE
Indianapolis

N.Y Jets
New England - WIN

New Orleans
Tennessee - WIN

Green Bay - LOSE
Arizona

St. Louis
Seattle - WIN

N.Y Giants
Washington - LOSE

Baltimore - WIN
San Diego

Cleveland - WIN
San Francisco

Buffalo
Miami - WIN

Monday Sep.29:

Oakland
Denver

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
Jets 17, Patriots 20

Late FG.

Chiefs 21, Texans 14

Houston drives late but a penalty negates their drive.

Atlanta 20, Tampa Bay 17

Tampa has not given up a TD on the season yet though, I think.

Pittsburgh 35, Cincinnati 21

Crucial mistakes cost the Bungals a closer game.

Minnesota 33, Detroit 27 OT

Late drive puts the game into an extra session.

New Orleans 30, Tennessee 27

Big games from the big players but Tennessee can't manage one more offensive score. Saints gotta run the ball with McAllister - I think one of their coaches used to be with Denver, and we all know about the vaunted Broncose running attack of the last several years.

Indianapolis 27, Jacksonville 14

Indy can't afford to lose this home game, what with the talk of them being soft, especially before Tony Dungy arrived.

Seahawks 31, Rams 28

Even though I think Marc Bulger can solidify his starting role with a strong performance and the Rams can be good in a close game, if the Seahawks run the ball well, and they can against St. Louis, Holmgren should have some nice schemes on offense, defense, and aon special teams to get by in this one.

Redskins 31, Giants 28

Giants lose another one by a FG. Defensively, Washington has to prepare to attack Kerry Collins, leaving their secondary to worry about the New York receivers.

Cardinals 21, Packers 20

Shocker of the week if you can call it that. Arizona can't go winless. And the Pack is on the slide in Brett Favres twilight years.

Ravens 17, Chargers 13

I don't think San Diego can run the ball effectively enough against Baltimore, if they do, it'll have to be through wearing them thin, and I doubt they can do that. Drew Brees and company have not excelled yet and having one of the better defenses to go up against, albeit at home, doesn't help.

49ers 41, Browns 6

Would be the shocker of the week if I picked the other team.

Bills 24, Dolphins 21

Mare misses what turns out to be a crucial field goal.

Raiders 37, Broncos 27

I think it's 'high' time Rich Gannon and company got back on track - whom better to do it in a big way than against a rival?

Sucker warning: most of this weeks picks are partially what I want to happen, rather than what I think will happen. I have trouble distinguishing those two things sometimes. :P

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,517 posts
Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh

Detroit

Kansas City

Indianapolis

New England

Tennessee

Green Bay

St. Louis

NY Giants

San Diego

San Fransico

Miami

Oakland

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
Vikes are 3-0, BABY!

Shady

Shady

Lean Toward The Sun

• Members
  • 6,253 posts

quote:

Here's the shutout of the week. In a wierd state of events Buffalo will finally be turned into BBQ Wings as Miami shuts them out.

Miami 35 Buffalo 0

For 3 quarters, so far I am right!

About the only thing I got right this week unimpres

Shady

Shady

Lean Toward The Sun

• Members
  • 6,253 posts
laugh laugh laugh As soon as I posted that, Bills returned an interception for a TD, I love it!

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Looks to me like the Chiefs are the team in Missouri that the commentators should be talking about, not the Rams.

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,813 posts

JTBT:
Looks to me like the Chiefs are the team in Missouri that the commentators should be talking about, not the Rams.

yeah...i think that's starting to shift that way NOW... :) thumbs_u

it's a shame, the majority of the people here were ALL chiefs fans 4 years ago, until the rams won the SB. after that, it's like everywhere you would look, you'd see Rams crap. it always use to be Chiefs. it's amazing how people can jump on a bandwagon so quick. i've never liked the rams, just marshall faulk. though i think he should retire after this year. he can't do it anymore.

Venerable Jedi Knight

Venerable Jedi Knight

• Members
  • 874 posts
7-6 so far.

was cleaning up in the early games too. damn.

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
I can't believe the Cards over the Pack prediction I made came true...

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,147 posts

3 & 6 years to go...:

Tampa Bay at Atlanta - Taking Tampa Bay.  They have the Falcons number even with Vick.

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati -  I don't see Cincy upsetting anybody yet.  Taking the Steelers.

Minnesota at Detroit -  Here is where I can see an upset.  But, no.  Vikings win.  

Kansas City at Houston - Chiefs win.

Jacksonville at Indianapolis - Colts at home.

N.Y Jets at New England - Jets start to get back in gear.  Jets win.

New Orleans at Tennessee - Tough game to call.  Saints have been quiet.  Going to have to go with the Titans in a close game at home.

Green Bay at Arizona - Poor Emmitt.  Green Bay wins.

St. Louis at Seattle - This is a big game for both teams to establish themselves early.  Bulger has something to prove and Seattle has something to prove to the entire NFC West.  Seattle squeaks by in a great game.

N.Y Giants at Washington - Giants usually do well against the Redskins, so taking the Giants here.

Baltimore at San Diego - Brees and Tomlinson over Boller and Lewis.  Chargers win.

Cleveland at San Francisco - Get Couch in there!  San Fran at home.

Buffalo at Miami - Oh man....  Really tough game.  I think Williams runs wild at home.  Dolphins win.

Monday, September 22, 2003

Oakland at Denver - Oakland owns Monday night.  Raiders win.

Well, 9-5. Not bad. If it wasn't for the Jets, I would've been 6-0 heading into the later games. Seattle made me look like a psychic, as did Ricky Williams but Oakland certainly didn't. What does that put me at? 26-20? Mediocre, but better than a lot of sports reporters, so far.

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
Hey, guys, where are the compilations?? I was 0-1 in week two making me 6-4 entering week three.