Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

College Football Pool (Week 4)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,524 posts
Miami(12.5) at Boston College

Central Florida at Syracuse(4)

West Virginia at Maryland(8.5)

Clemson at Georgia Tech(4)

Colorado at Florida State(NL)

Texas Tech at NC State(6.5)

Michigan State at Notre Dame(13)

UCLA at Oklahoma(18.5)

Michigan(7.5) at Oregon

Georgia at LSU(2)

Stanford at BYU(7)

North Carolina at Wisconsin(NL)

California at Illinois(4)

Kentucky(9) at Indiana

Tiebreaker: pick winner and the score

Tennessee at Florida(3)

Note: I'm guessing there is no line yet on the CU_FSU game because of the status of CU's starting QB

Yoda Dude

Yoda Dude

Jedi Master

• Members
  • 4,963 posts
Miami(12.5) at Boston College - MIAMI

Central Florida at Syracuse(4) - SYRACUSE

West Virginia at Maryland(8.5) - MARYLAND

Clemson at Georgia Tech(4) - CLEMSON

Colorado at Florida State(NL) - FLORIDA ST.

Texas Tech at NC State(6.5) - NCST

Michigan State at Notre Dame(13) - NOTRE DAME

UCLA at Oklahoma(18.5) - OKLAHOMA

Michigan(7.5) at Oregon - OREGON

Georgia at LSU(2) - LSU

Stanford at BYU(7) - BYU

North Carolina at Wisconsin(NL) - NC

California at Illinois(4) - ILLINI

Kentucky(9) at Indiana - KENTUCKY

Tennessee at Florida(3): 13 - 27

Darth Pigfeet

Darth Pigfeet

• Members
  • 7,075 posts
Miami(12.5) at Boston College MIAMI

Central Florida at Syracuse(4) UCF

West Virginia at Maryland(8.5) MARYLAND

Clemson at Georgia Tech(4) GT

Colorado at Florida State(NL) FSU

Texas Tech at NC State(6.5) NC STATE

Michigan State at Notre Dame(13) MS

UCLA at Oklahoma(18.5) OKALHOMA

Michigan(7.5) at Oregon MICHIGAN

Georgia at LSU(2) GEORGIA

Stanford at BYU(7) BYU

North Carolina at Wisconsin(NL) UNC

California at Illinois(4) CALIFORNIA

Kentucky(9) at Indiana KENTUCKY

Tennessee at Florida(3)

Florida wins this game in a land slide. 42 to 17. Tenn doesn't stand a chance. They will choke in their usual Fulmer way.

Grand Moff Davis

Grand Moff Davis

• Members
  • 514 posts
Miami

Syracuse

Maryland

Georgia Tech

Florida St.

NC State

ND

Oklahoma

Michigan

Georgia

BYU

Wisconsin

Cal

Kentucky

Florida 35-10

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Miami

Syracuse

Maryland

Clemson

Colorado

NC State

Notre Dame

Oklahoma

Michigan

Georgia

BYU

Wisconsin

California

Kentucky

Florida 28, Tennessee 9

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
Miami(12.5) at Boston College - BC is my upset special

Central Florida at Syracuse(4) - 'Cuse

West Virginia at Maryland(8.5) - Maryland

Clemson at Georgia Tech(4) - Clemson

Colorado at Florida State(NL) - Colorado

Texas Tech at NC State(6.5) - NC State

Michigan State at Notre Dame(13) - ND

UCLA at Oklahoma(18.5) - OU

Michigan(7.5) at Oregon - Michigan

Georgia at LSU(2) - Georgia

Stanford at BYU(7) - Stanford

North Carolina at Wisconsin(NL) - Wisconsin

California at Illinois(4) - Cal

Kentucky(9) at Indiana - Kentucky

Tennessee at Florida(3) Florida 27 Tenn 14

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts

Darth Pigfeet:

Florida wins this game in a land slide. 42 to 17. Tenn doesn't stand a chance. They will choke in their usual Fulmer way.

That whole line is one big contradictory statement. First you say UT doesn't stand a chance, then you say they'll choke. A choke job is when you should win and you blow it (you as an FSU fan should be familiar with the term as well).

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,819 posts
WINNERS:

Miami

Syracuse

Maryland

Clemson

Florida State

Texas Tech

Michigan State

Oklahoma

Michigan

LSU

Stanford

Wisconsin

Illinois

Kentucky

Tennesse at Florida

florida wins 35-21

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,819 posts

JTBT:

JTBT:

That whole line is one big contradictory statement. First you say UT doesn't stand a chance, then you say they'll choke. A choke job is when you should win and you blow it (you as an FSU fan should be familiar with the term as well).

i'm going home before this gets ugly.

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,524 posts
Miami

Central Florida

Maryland

Georgia Tech

FSU

NC State

Notre Dame

Oklahoma

Michigan

Georgia

BYU

Wisconsin

Illinois

Kentucky

Tiebreaker:

Tennessee 27
Florida 31

Darth Pigfeet

Darth Pigfeet

• Members
  • 7,075 posts
It's not contradictory JTBT.

Tenn feilds a team that can hang with any team in the country year in and year out. However no matter what they do against Florida they manage to find a way to lose. The exception would be one time in 98.

The same will happen Tomorrow. If you don't want to believe me then fine, but you will see what I mean. Fulmer has NEVER had a good game plan when it comes to playing Florida.

Also chokes is appropriate term for it as well, because Tenn is a good team, but they can never get over the hump. Also FSU problem has always been with Miami. However we have beaten Miami more times then Tenn has beaten Florida in the last 10 years. :)

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts

quote:

Tenn feilds a team that can hang with any team in the country year in and year out. However no matter what they do against Florida they manage to find a way to lose. The exception would be one time in 98.[/quote]That's not neccessarily true. The past couple of years we haven't had enough talent to hang with any team (such as Miami, or Ohio State if we had played them). We may be good enough for what is now a mediocre SEC, but given how our talent level had decreased the past couple of years I don't think we could hang with the big dogs nationally.

Last year we got blown out by Miami at home (a big dog), Florida (not really a big dog anymore), and Alabama (certainly not a big dog).

quote:
Fulmer has NEVER had a good game plan when it comes to playing Florida.[/quote]UT will lose today, but I don't think it will be a "choke job". I think it will simply be because Florida has a better team. And, while I don't care for Fulmer, he has had a good game plan against Florida; a very good one in fact back in 2001. The shame is that we outplayed them most of the game but still only beat them by a couple of points.

quote:
Also chokes is appropriate term for it as well, because Tenn is a good team, but they can never get over the hump. Also FSU problem has always been with Miami. However we have beaten Miami more times then Tenn has beaten Florida in the last 10 years.

Tennessee has one national championship, and FSU has at least a couple, right? So I don't know if "over the hump" is right for either of those programs. There are a lot of good programs that would kill to have a recent championship under their belt, teams like Texas. I think those are the teams that aren't "over the hump" yet.

If you mean that Tennessee hasn't become some kind of Miami-like dynasty, then - yeah - that's true. But I don't think that's ever gonna happen. We don't have the recruiting base that Miami, Florida State, or even Nebraska (with their advantageous in-state scholarship rules) have.

Bottom line is that I don't think UT is gonna "choke" today. I just think they'll get beat by a better team. Is Ron Zook an idiot who can't outcoach most major college coaches? Yeah. But I think Fulmer, as nice a guy as he is, as a bigger idiot (as evidenced in last years Florida/UT game)

Darth Pigfeet

Darth Pigfeet

• Members
  • 7,075 posts
Well with the 4th quarter starting now Tenn is up 17 to 3.

What I was saying about getting over the hump is Tenn getting past Florida. Even your best teams back in 94-97 with Payton Manning never could win against UF. That is what I meant by getting over the hump. Oh and I forgot the one game you also beat them in 2 years ago. Hopefully today it will be 3 games. I hate Florida and love to see them lose and their fans suffer. devil

This game today has been very ugly. Penalties and turnovers. HOWEVER Fulmer is getting what he wants when it comes to game tempo. Right now it's slow and Florida is just walking around.

Yoda Dude

Yoda Dude

Jedi Master

• Members
  • 4,963 posts
Oregon's beating Michigan 7-6, and the time of posession is like 13:00-1:00 in Oregon's favor.

The score should be 14-0 Oregon, but the ref called the touchdown no good, even though he made it by about a yard.

Joey Ramone

Joey Ramone

never forget

• Members
  • 11,577 posts

JTBT:

Tennessee has one national championship, and FSU has at least a couple, right?  

Four. 1938, 1940, 1951 and 1998.

Yoda Dude

Yoda Dude

Jedi Master

• Members
  • 4,963 posts
Oregon's up 21 - 6.

It should be 35-0 now. They called an incomplete pass on what should have been a fumble call, wich we would have had at Michigan's 7 yard line.

Anybody smelling upset?

Yoda Dude

Yoda Dude

Jedi Master

• Members
  • 4,963 posts
Oregon wins 31-27!

Oregon's going to jump up high in the polls this week.

Michigan will probably drop to 7 or so.

Joey Ramone

Joey Ramone

never forget

• Members
  • 11,577 posts
Can someone post a link to the polls?

Yoda Dude

Yoda Dude

Jedi Master

• Members
  • 4,963 posts
http://sportsillustr.../polls/2003/ap/

Darth Pigfeet

Darth Pigfeet

• Members
  • 7,075 posts
FSU had better be put at #5 or #6 on Monday. They played a great game against Colorado today.

I'm SO HAPPY K-State lost. laugh If there is one team that is a joke and shouldn't be in the top 10 let alone top 25 it's them. From their cake walk and weak ass schedule to them never being able to beat a team who is just above average like Marshal. They get too much credit for beating Div II schools.

A week ago I thought Michigan had a good shot at going undefeated but so much for that. Like I told my Dad on the phone the other day. There will not be a undefeated team come BCS time. Everyone will have lost once. There is not one all powerful team out there right now. Oklahoma is bound to lose to someone soon. Ohio State. I will throw a party when those Aholes go out. USC will probably stumble somewhere. Miami ????? FSU, VA Tech, and Tenn all have the potential of knocking them off.

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,524 posts
Yoda Dude: 10-5

Pigfeet: 8-7

GMD: 9-6

JTBT: 9-6

Otanku: 9-5

DMC: 11-4

Met 7-8

So DMC wins this week. Funny thing is that almost half my picks here I choose the opposite on ESPN. Mostly because the underdogs score higher points.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Usually if you pick against Corso, you'll come out on top.

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,819 posts
i feel special.