Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NFL Pool (Week 2)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Sunday, September 14th
Buffalo (1-0) at Jacksonville (0-1)

Cleveland (0-1) at Baltimore (0-1)

Detroit (1-0) at Green Bay (0-1)

Houston (1-0) at New Orleans (0-1)

Miami (0-1) at N.Y. Jets (0-1)

Pittsburgh (1-0) at Kansas City (1-0)

San Francisco (1-0) at St. Louis (0-1)

Tennessee (1-0) at Indianapolis (1-0)

Washington (1-0) at Atlanta (1-0)

Carolina (1-0) at Tampa Bay (1-0)

Seattle (1-0) at Arizona (0-1)

Cincinnati (0-1) at Oakland (0-1)

Denver (1-0) at San Diego (0-1)

New England (0-1) at Philadelphia (0-1)

Chicago (0-1) at Minnesota (1-0)

Monday Night Football, September 15th
Dallas (0-1) at New York Giants (1-0)

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

smarter than the average bear

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
Buffalo

Cleveland

Detroit

New Orleans

N.Y. Jets

Pittsburgh

San Francisco

Tennessee

Washington

Tampa Bay

Seattle

Oakland

Denver

Philadelphia

VIKES RULE!!!! Oh, and I predict 3 ints...

Monday Night Football:
New York Giants

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,186 posts
Sunday, September 14th
Buffalo (1-0) at Jacksonville (0-1) - Jax let me down last week, and Buffalo looked impressive. I have to go with the Bills.

Cleveland (0-1) at Baltimore (0-1) - I have to go with Cleveland here. The Ravens are a mess.

Detroit (1-0) at Green Bay (0-1) - It should be a good game, but the Pack will not lose 3 in a row (Counting last year's playoff loss to the Falcons) in Lambeau.

Houston (1-0) at New Orleans (0-1) - Saints at home. No blowout prediction here. *sigh*

Miami (0-1) at N.Y. Jets (0-1) - Hate to do it, but I have to take Miami here.

Pittsburgh (1-0) at Kansas City (1-0) - Nice matchup. Taking the Steelers.

San Francisco (1-0) at St. Louis (0-1) - Do the Rams get back on track with Bulger at the helm and at home? No, they do not. 49'ers.

Tennessee (1-0) at Indianapolis (1-0) - I like both of these teams. Have to go with the Titans, though.

Washington (1-0) at Atlanta (1-0) - Falcons at home.

Carolina (1-0) at Tampa Bay (1-0) - Please, Bucs at home.

Seattle (1-0) at Arizona (0-1) - I am impressed with Seattle, too. They take this divisional game on the road.

Cincinnati (0-1) at Oakland (0-1) - Raiders get well at home.

Denver (1-0) at San Diego (0-1) - Denver takes a close one. Plummer can't be that bad 2 weeks in a row.

New England (0-1) at Philadelphia (0-1) - Philly rebounds.

Chicago (0-1) at Minnesota (1-0) - Bears still burning to get back home. Vikings.

Dallas (0-1) at New York Giants (1-0) - My 2 favorite teams facing off. Have to go with the 2nd most favorite. The Giants.

Edit: 8-8. thumbs_d

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,835 posts
thank you solo!! i forgot all about doing this last nite. :) blush

my picks:

i pick BUFFALO. i think their defense will stay strong, and josh reed will have a breakout game. buffalo rips jacksonville through the air by the score of 35-21.

I pick CLEVELAND. There really isn't much to say about this one, other than it'll be about as exciting as the cleveland/indy game last week. score will be 13-7.

I pick GREEN BAY. first of all, i'm a GB fan. second of all, GB should beat Detroit. Detroit is not suppose to be any good. but they sure did show something special last week. i think last week with green bay was just the first game jitters or something, as i feel brett will have one hell of a game, regardless of the receiving core he will have, and the score will be 28-17.

I pick HOUSTON. why not?? let's shake it up a little bit. i think houston will cause quite a stir this year, and shake up the nfl a bit. David Carr will have another good game and lead houston over New Orleans 24-21 in OT.

I pick MIAMI. Miami will get their heads out of their asses, and start playing like they should against the Jets. Ricky williams will have 3 rushing td's, and over 150 yards rushing as the dolphins beat the jets 31-14.

I pick KANSAS CITY. i think Kansas City will win simply because it's here, and holmes will just run all over Pitt. doesn't matter how good pitts defense is, i think KC will come out on top in the end. KC has a lot to prove this year, and this is the year i feel they will do it. KC wins, with the help of Priest, and his 200+ yards of total offense, 35-28.

i pick ST. LOUIS. the reason is, is because Marc Bulger is starting QB, and mike martz will actually let marshall touch the football, and wil have at least 20 carries as the rams win 38-35 in OT.

I pick TENNESSEE. Eddie George will finally break out of his 3 year rushing slump and rush for 120 yards and 2 td's as the Tits win 24-17.

i pick WASHINGTON. is washington for real this year?? too early to tell, but they'll shock atlanta 28-20 with the help of coles and his 150 yards recieving.

I pick TAMPA BAY. their offense may not have been much in week one, and it won't get much better this week, but Tampa's defense will hold Carolina to just 10 points as Tampa's rushing attack of Jones, Pittman, and Allstott(the trio will amass over 120 yards) will lead them to a 21-10 win.

I pick SEATTLE. Seattle has a lot to prove this year, and will have to wait to prove anything because they are playing arizona. BUT, alexander will have a HUGE game as he will rush for over 150 yards and 3 td's en route to a 35-17 victory.

i pick OAKLAND. some things never change as Oakland wins 31-13.

I pick SAN DIEGO. there is no way Plummer can keep performing like that and expect Denver to win. Plummer will suck ass, and this time, cost his team to lose as Tomlinson will regain his form and rush for over 100 yards en route to a 21-17 victory.

I pick PHILLY. yeah, donavon will shut his critics up when he rushes for 70 yards and passes for 250+ with 4 combined td's as he helps his team beat NE 35-30.

I pick MINNESOTA. as much as i hate Minnesota, they will easily handle the bears as Moss will have another huge day with 150+ yards recieving and 2 touchdowns to help the vikes win 28-9.

i pick NEW YORK. There is no stopping Kerry and tiki, as the rb gets another 100 yard game, and kerry passes for over 300 yards and 3 td's en route a 28-16 victory.

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,770 posts
Jacksonville

Cleveland

Green Bay

New Orleans

Miami

Pittsburgh

San Fransico

Indianapolis

Atlanta

Tampa Bay

Seattle

Oakland

San Diego

Philly

Minnesota

Giants

Darth Kenobi

Darth Kenobi

Member #199

• Members
  • 4,656 posts

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
Buffalo (1-0) at Jacksonville (0-1) - Brunell might have somethin to prove. Jaguars

Cleveland (0-1) at Baltimore (0-1) - Ravens

Detroit (1-0) at Green Bay (0-1) - Favre is angry and you wouldn't like him when he's angry. Pack

Houston (1-0) at New Orleans (0-1) - The 'Aints

Miami (0-1) at N.Y. Jets (0-1) - Dolphins need this more. Miamia

Pittsburgh (1-0) at Kansas City (1-0) - KC at home.

San Francisco (1-0) at St. Louis (0-1) - 49ers because St Louis isn't using Faulk properly.

Tennessee (1-0) at Indianapolis (1-0)- Titans are peaking early. Maybe too early?

Washington (1-0) at Atlanta (1-0)- Skins

Carolina (1-0) at Tampa Bay (1-0)- Bucs in a rout.

Seattle (1-0) at Arizona (0-1)- Seattle

Cincinnati (0-1) at Oakland (0-1)- the Raid'ahs.

Denver (1-0) at San Diego (0-1)- Denver

New England (0-1) at Philadelphia (0-1)- Philly gets 2nd shot to cristen the new field.

Chicago (0-1) at Minnesota (1-0)- Vikings in an ugly one.

Dallas (0-1) at New York Giants (1-0)- MY BOYS! :D

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

• Banned Users
  • 978 posts
Sunday, September 14th
Buffalo-won
Cleveland-lost
Green Bay-won
New Orleans-won
Jets-lost
Pittsburgh-lost
San Francisco-lost
Tenessee-lost
Atlanta-lost
Tampa-lost
Seattle-won
Oakland-won
Denver-won
Philadelphia-lost
Chicago-lost
Giants

Record:
6-9

lord nazgul

lord nazgul

• Members
  • 5,490 posts
buffalo
baltimore
detroit
new orleans
miami
kansas city
san francisco
tennessee
atlanta
tampa bay
seattle
oakland
san diego
philadelphia
minnesota
n.y. giants

go vikings, go chargers

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
Just wondering but...exactly how many Vikings fans are there on here?

Shady

Shady

Lean Toward The Sun

• Members
  • 6,253 posts
Sunday, September 14th
Mark Brunell will be good, but Jacksonville will suffer too many turnovers. Bledsoe will go 22-31 for 213 yards, 2 TD and 1 Int Special Teams will be a decent part of this game

Buffalo 27 Jacksonville 17

Lewis is going to prove that last week's matchup against the Steelers was just a fluke. Lewis WILL be a major part of this game. Im going out on a limb and even going to predict a complete Baltimore annihlation!

Cleveland 6 Baltimore 24

Joey is going to try and pull a Tommy Maddox and go deep, and Favre is pissed that the rookie's can't run a route. Brett is going to put the ball on the numbers more times than Pete Rose.

Detroit 13 Green Bay 31

Im undecided on this one really, but I'll still give it a go. New Orleans is going to make Carr pay for his 3 step drop with a swavvy Zone Defense. Carr will then get suckered in and drop back and get sacked like he did last year(though not as much).

Houston 17 New Orleans 21

Vinnie just wont be agile and fresh enough to deal with Miami's Defense. Vinnie won't be able to pass under the d for 4, 5, 6 yards like last week against the Skins. Ricky will rule the Day

Miami 35 Jets 16

wow, talk about a good game. Anybody with the luck to be at this game will get to witness the run on one side and the pass on the other. Trent will be solid, but Tommy will once again be Stellar. Zeroeue will get avg, while Holmes runs to Greenbow, Alabama for his Jenny. Shoot out until the end.

Pittsburgh 42 Kansas City 45

This division game will be quite the feast if you know your country grammar. Martz will pull a Kurt and try and show the fans he listens this week by running Faulk 30+ attempts. But he will come out on top as Bulger will make the crucial throw when needed.

San Fran 21 St. Louie 31

The Freak will be on top of his game. Tennessee will make Peyton feel like he is in gladiator arena and even though the he will adapt at times, McNair and George as well as that tricky change-up D will make Manning go and call someone else beside the kicker and idiot.

Titans 28 Colts 13

Peerless Price will catch everything from a lob to SARS as his hookup will be on top game. Washington will play a great game but it will be one of those games where they will wonder what they did wrong other than simply lose.

Washington 21 Atlanta 28

Carolina will be just like their name dictates and care about that Tampa o line. They will be outwitted in every way, shape, form. Another statement of who's on top

Carolina 9 Tampa Bay 35

Shaun will show Emmitt who the next generation of HB is and will be. Emmitt will simply shrug his shoulders as Seattle walkes over them.

Seattle 34 Arizona 10

Cincinnati will show up to play but Oakland will show up to win. A controversial call early in the second half will make this game go down hill for the Bengals like a precursor.

Cincinnati 17 Oakland 28

Denver will be in the mile high club as the f*** the Chargers in every way in the 2nd Half on their way to rally back from a 1st half defecit.

Denver 24 San Diego 17

Let's get real folks. the Eagles performance against Tampa was a fluke. Call it what you will but it guess what?, will happen one more time this week. It will be a great season from here on out, but they will fall to the Pats.

New England 35 Philly Cheese 24

This (don't be shocked) will be the defensive game of the week. Moss will blow his lid when Urlacher makes him pay for those midfield slants.
Though there will be plenty of gallant attempts at long range drives on both sides, none will quite find the endzone.

Chicago 12 Minnesota 7

Not even going to try and bull**** predict this game. Dallas will get worked like Missy's cha-cha as New York run the ball up their cash cow throats.

Dallas 10 New York 38

Niser

Niser

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
Buffalo (1-0)
Cleveland (0-1)
Green Bay (0-1)

Houston (1-0)

N.Y. Jets (0-1)

Pittsburgh (1-0)

St. Louis (0-1) (DAMNIT! Why does Bulger have to start?!?)

Indianapolis (1-0)

Atlanta (1-0)

Carolina (1-0)
Seattle (1-0) )

Oakland (0-1)

San Diego (0-1)

New England (0-1)

Minnesota (1-0)

New York Giants (1-0)

darth stupidious

darth stupidious

• Members
  • 539 posts
here are the perfect picks

bills
ravens
packers
saints
jets
cheifs
49rs
titans
falcons
bucs
saehawks
raiders
broncos
eagles
vikings

Giants

ming

ming

• Members
  • 5,058 posts

Sir RamaLamaDingDong:
Just wondering but...exactly how many Vikings fans are there on here?

i've been a frustrated vikings fan since i lived in minesota when i was a youngin. this year looks promising. if vikings don't take the division i'd enjoy seing anyone but the dime a dozen packers fans get vindication in the nfc north.

same with the chargers in the afc west. i'd be happy to see anyone but the ******* raiders fans have bragging rights.

i'm loving this season. my two favorite divisions are matched up against each other. i can doubley root for the vikes to crush the bolts opponents and vice-versa.

The B Man

The B Man

King of Wishful Thinking

• Members
  • 6,364 posts
Sunday, September 14th

bolds are wins...

Darth Marineus

Darth Marineus

... BLAH!

• Members
  • 3,881 posts
Buffalo (1-0) at Jacksonville (0-1) LOSE

Cleveland (0-1) at Baltimore (0-1) WIN

Detroit (1-0) at Green Bay (0-1) WIN

Houston (1-0) at New Orleans (0-1) WIN

Miami (0-1) at N.Y. Jets (0-1) WIN

Pittsburgh (1-0) at Kansas City (1-0) LOSE

San Francisco (1-0) at St. Louis (0-1) WIN

Tennessee (1-0) at Indianapolis (1-0) WIN

Washington (1-0) at Atlanta (1-0) WIN

Carolina (1-0) at Tampa Bay (1-0) WIN

Seattle (1-0) at Arizona (0-1) LOSE

Cincinnati (0-1) at Oakland (0-1) NOT SURE

Denver (1-0) at San Diego (0-1) LOSE

New England (0-1) at Philadelphia (0-1) LOSE

Chicago (0-1) at Minnesota (1-0) NOT SURE

UPDATED

Shady

Shady

Lean Toward The Sun

• Members
  • 6,253 posts

Dr. Shady:

Lewis is going to prove that last week's matchup against the Steelers was just a fluke.  Lewis WILL be a major part of this game. Im going out on a limb and even going to predict a complete Baltimore annihlation!

Cleveland 6  Baltimore 24

Shaun will show Emmitt who the next generation of HB is and will be. Emmitt will simply shrug his shoulders as Seattle walkes over them.

Seattle 34 Arizona 10

Joey is going to try and pull a Tommy Maddox and go deep, and Favre is pissed that the rookie's can't run a route. Brett is going to put the ball on the numbers more times than Pete Rose.

Detroit 13 Green Bay 31

Told ya! He definitely was a major part of the game! :) 295 yards worth! Seattle shutout the Cards. I just about got that greenbay score right!

I went 11-4 overall so far!

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Nice game by the Bucs there. Did Tracy Morgan suit up for the Panthers or something?

Oh, and Jamal Lewis (former UT Vol) owns you. That's all.

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,835 posts
Jamal lewis is insane. what a performance.

if Bulger isn't starting QB for the Rams here on out, then it's official that Mike Martz andKurt Warner are gay together.

oh, and i null my statement from last week when i said that TB was the team to beat. holy hell, was i ever wrong. they sucked yesterday vs. the panthers.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
You really have to be worried if you're a Raiders fan at this point. I mean, barely pulling out a win over the Bengals? They've played terribly so far this season. I still say the AFC West is the toughest division, however the Raiders and Chargers need to utilize the talent they have a lot better, or else it'll be just the Chiefs and Broncos duking it out for the title. Speaking of the Chiefs, they look dangerous, very dangerous. So do the Broncos. I expected an improved defense, but nothing quite like this. Not the most impressive defense in the league thus far, but still great so far nonetheless, especially compared to the past few seasons. And Portis has just been awesome. If Plummer can just improve his passing game, things are looking on the up and up.

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
I delayed so much, I left them all out; except the MNF game then:

Cowboys 20, Giants 34

unimpres

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
VIKES 2-0!

Im predicting 11-5 for the season and the Vikes winning the North too...

Joey Ramone

Joey Ramone

never forget

• Members
  • 11,577 posts

Primbud:
I delayed so much, I left them all out; except the MNF game then:

Cowboys 20, Giants 34

unimpres  

Yah, go Dallas!

JTBT

JTBT