Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NFL pool (week one)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,813 posts
yes metro, i'm ripping you off and i apologize in advance. but i'm quite surprised this hasn't been set up yet.

first of all, since the regular season starts tomorrow night, i will not include the jets and redskins game, because this is starting so late. so now, we have before the start of sundays games to cast in our ballots. :)

WEEK ONE

Jacksonville at Carolina

Arizona at Detroit

Minnesota at Green Bay

Baltimore at Pittsburgh

New England at Buffalo

Denver at Cincinnati

Indianapolis at Cleveland

San Diego at Kansas City

Houston at Miami

St. Louis at NY Giants

Atlanta at Dallas

Chicago at San Francisco

New Orleans at Seattle

Oakland at Tennessee

THE MONDAY NIGHTER:
Tampa Bay at Philadelphia

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,813 posts
WINNERS

Carolina

Arizona

Green Bay

Pittsburgh

Buffalo

Denver

Indianapolis

Kansas City

Miami

NY Giants

Atlanta

San Francisco

Seattle

Tennessee

THE MONDAY NIGHTER:
Philadelphia

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Crap, I almost forgot all about this, thanks for starting it DMC. :) Here's my picks in bold.

WEEK ONE

Jacksonville at Carolina
I actually know very little about either team thus far this season, so I'll base this off what I saw last season, and Jacksonville is simply the better team.

Arizona at Detroit
Should be an...interesting matchup, lol. I'm going to go with Detroit at home; I think Mariucci may be able to do a thing or two with them and get them back on their feet.

Minnesota at Green Bay
Both good teams with good chances, but when in doubt go for Green Bay in the frozen tundra.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh
I'm thinking Maddox might be able to do a thing or two against Baltimore's defense. And a little should be enough because as far as I know the Ravens offense still sucks as usual.

New England at Buffalo
Really not much to say here, I just feel NE is the better team in this matchup.

Denver at Cincinnati
Anyone who knows me knows orange and blue is in my veins, but this season even I am having my doubts about the Broncos for various reasons (mostly coaching). However, as far as problems go, Cincinatti still has way more.

Cleveland's an improving team but I think Manning will be the difference here.

San Diego at Kansas City
Excellent AFC West matchup, I think good things about both teams this season (painful to say for me ), but I'm going to go with KC at home with the edge even without Gonzo.

Houston at Miami
May be closer than many might think, but I still think Miami will pull out a close win over the Texans.

St. Louis at NY Giants
Frankly, I'm not buying into the whole deal that St Louis is again as great as they were three years ago. I won't buy into the hype until I actually see it, so until then they'll still be treated by me as a two-under-par team. Giants at home.

Atlanta at Dallas
Although looking extremely sloppy at the beginning of the preseason, I think Parcels will get the team on track, and being at home plus Atlanta's loss of Michael Vick should give them a their first win.

Chicago at San Francisco
Not much to say here. Always difficult to go to San Fran and beat the Niners; I don't see the Bears doing it this week.

New Orleans at Seattle
New Orleans always seems to be on fire the first half of the season before dropping off down the road.

Oakland at Tennessee
Bottom line is that I think Tampa Bay showed the entire league just how to stop Oakland's offense, and I don't think they've quite recovered yet. Plus despite what analysts say I believe age will definitely come to be a factor, an Oakland team riddled with injuries this season seems all too plausible, they're gonna have to be careful. I'll go with Tennessee at home.

THE MONDAY NIGHTER:
Should be a great game but I see TB's Super Bowl winning defense shutting down McNabb and Philly's offense enough to pull out a win.

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
Yo, anybody could pick winners - give some scores dudes:

And some stats, to make it more interesting.

New York JETS 14, Washington REDSKINS 13

Baltimore RAVENS 10, Pittsburgh STEELERS 21
Maddox 24-39 266 yards 2 TD 2 INT Boller 14-30 213 yards 2 INT Burress 8 receptions 96 yards 1 TD J. Lewis 19 attempts 78 yards 1 TD 3 receptions 25 yards Ward 4 receptions 58 yards 1 TD Heap 3 receptions 48 yards

Denver BRONCOS 37, Cincinnati BENGALS 24
Plummer 20-31 234 yards 1 TD 1 INT Kitna 22-37 240 yards Portis 34 attempts 168 yards 3 TD 1 reception 12 yards Dillon 29 attempts 104 yards 3 TD 1 reception 9 yards Smith 6 receptions 79 yards 1 TD Warrick 6 receptions 93 yards McCaffrey 5 receptions 74 yards

Indianapolis COLTS 31, Cleveland BROWNS 17
Manning 12-23 127 yards 2 TD Green 14 attempts 80 yards James 28 attempts 135 yards 2 TD 7 receptions 84 yards Couch 16-27 235 yards 2 TD Harrison7 receptions 65 yards 1 TD

Houston TEXANS 24, Miami DOLPHINS 27 OT

Minnesota VIKINGS 31, Green Bay PACKERS 28 OT
Culpepper 24-35 360 yards 2 TD 1 INT Favre 30-48 321 yards 3 TD 2 INT Moss 12 receptions 207 yards 1 TD Green 17 attempts 75 yards 1 TD 5 receptions 46 yards

San Diego CHARGERS 17, Kansas City CHIEFS 21

Atlanta FALCONS 17, Dallas COWBOYS 21

St. Louis RAMS 21, New York GIANTS 24
Collins 24-32 257 yards 2 TD Warner 31-47 358 yards 2 TD 1 INT Barber 15 attempts 74 yards 1 TD 5 receptions 38 yards 1 TD Faulk 13 attempts 36 yards 1 TD 5 receptions 46 yards Toomer 4 receptions 57 yards 1 TD Bruce 3 receptions 31 yards 1 TD Shockey 5 receptions 29 yards Holt 10 receptions 163 yards 1 TD Hilliard 7 receptions 81 yards 1 TD

That's all I have so far. At least I got the Thursday Nighter in.

Darth Pigfeet

Darth Pigfeet

• Members
  • 7,075 posts
Jacksonville at Carolina CAROLINA

Arizona at Detroit ARIZONA

Minnesota at Green Bay MINN

Baltimore at Pittsburgh PITT

New England at Buffalo NEW ENGLAND

Denver at Cincinnati DENVER

Indianapolis at Cleveland INDY

San Diego at Kansas City KC

Houston at Miami MIAMI

St. Louis at NY Giants NY GIANTS

Atlanta at Dallas DALLAS

Chicago at San Francisco SF

New Orleans at Seattle NEW ORLEANS

Oakland at Tennessee TENN

TB

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts

quote:

Yo, anybody could pick winners - give some scores dudes:

Well, do you happen to know the old "money" system that we used to use here for the pool? It was before I became mod here and I didn't run the pool, I only participated. I can't for the life of me remember whom it was though who worked out the scores. If you, or anyone else for that matter, remembers or knows a good point system and wouldn't mind explaining it to me in a PM or something, I'd be more than glad to use it for the duration of the season. That's basically the only reason I didn't put down the scores.

Stats are of course welcome, but I don't know if everyone here wants to put that much time into this by explaining individual stats. If you want to though definitely go nuts; I also think it's fun to add a small summary of why you feel the team you picked will win each matchup (something of which I believe I'm going to go back and add into my picks right now). That can generate some discussion in the thread prior to the matchups.

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

smarter than the average bear

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
Jacksonville

Detroit

MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!!

Pittsburgh

New England

Cincinnati

Indianapolis

San Diego

Miami

NY Giants

Atlanta

Chicago

New Orleans

Tennessee

Philly

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,517 posts
Jacksonville

Detroit

Green Bay

Pittsburgh

Buffalo

Denver

Indianapolis

Kansas City

Miami

Giants

Atlanta

San Francisco

New Orleans

Tennessee

Hey Hey Tampa Bay!!!

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,147 posts
WEEK ONE:

Jacksonville at Carolina - I haven't seen many preseason games, so I am also going to go by last year's records and players picked up. That will be valid for all of my picks. So, in saying that, this will be a close game. Going to have to take Jax in this one. Just by the fact that they can bring in Leftwich to spark them. I have seen him in the preseason, and he looks ready and impressive.

Arizona at Detroit - *sigh* One of those 'Mow the lawn instead' games. Or, if you are a diehard. Anyway, taking Detroit at home with their star-in-the-making quarterback, Joey Harrington. Who is quarterbacking Arizona? Poor Emmitt.

Minnesota at Green Bay - Green Bay at home. Enough said.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh - I'll take Pittsburgh's awesome offense over that mess in Baltimore. Especially at home.

New England at Buffalo - Tough game. Flip a coin. Buffalo at home.

Denver at Cincinnati - Cincinnati not ready yet. Denver.

Indianapolis at Cleveland - Colts.

San Diego at Kansas City - Another tough divisional game. San Diego has been starting well, the past couple of years. Betting-wise, I would take San Diego getting 10-12 points (9 points added per 3 team tease), but this is not that. So, Kansas City in a close one at home.

Houston at Miami - Miami at home. Blowout.

St. Louis at NY Giants - Giants have something to prove, but St. Louis will not be as bad as last year. With Warner and Faulk back, I have to go against one of my favorite teams. St. Louis wins.

Atlanta at Dallas - Vick is out and Dallas is home. Still, it is going to be tough for my all-time favorite team to win this game. Atlanta pulls it out.

Chicago at San Francisco - Bears can't wait to get back to rebuilt Soldier Field. San Fran at home.

New Orleans at Seattle - Seattle at home.

Oakland at Tennessee - Wow. Another toughie. Tennessee hasn't been as dominant, at home, as they were when they first moved into Adelphia. Both teams should be hungry, as they both could've been in/won the Super Bowl. Oakland, in a minor upset.

THE MONDAY NIGHTER:
Tampa Bay at Philadelphia - Philly fans are going to be even more fired up than usual, for this game. Eagles take a close one.

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
Jacksonville at Carolina - Carolina, cuz they always start 1-0

Arizona at Detroit - Detroit

Minnesota at Green Bay - Pack

Baltimore at Pittsburgh - Steelers

New England at Buffalo - Buffalo

Denver at Cincinnati - Denver

Indianapolis at Cleveland - Indy

San Diego at Kansas City - KC

Houston at Miami - Miami

St. Louis at NY Giants - G Men

Atlanta at Dallas - Big D!!

Chicago at San Francisco - 49ers

New Orleans at Seattle - New Orleans

Oakland at Tennessee - Oak-town

THE MONDAY NIGHTER:
Tampa Bay at Philadelphia - Tampa

jedi_loser

jedi_loser

• Members
  • 6,478 posts
WEEK ONE

Jacksonville at Carolina Jacksonville. For some reason, i get the feeling Brunell will have a huge couple of first weeks

Arizona at Detroit Detroit. For some reason i feel like Joey Harrington will have a huge couple of years. After this one. But still, its Arizona

Minnesota at Green Bay Minnesota. GB seems to be the easy pick, especially at home. but i think the Vikings need this win, will get it, and will have a solid year.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh Piitsburgh. Although im not sure how i feel about the offense for either of these teams, i like the Steelers at home.

New England at Buffalo New England. Even though they released Milloy and it only makes sense for the Bills to win, i just dont like their offense without Peerless Price. Whos scared of Josh Reed?

Denver at Cincinnati Denver. Hmmm, Jake Plummer involved, but i like the rest of Denver enough to let them have this one. Especially against the Bengals.

Indianapolis at Cleveland Indianapolis. Only after in the waning seconds of the game, the ball bounces off Marvin Harrsion's helmet, shoots 25 feet in the air, he catches it, and runs 30 yards for the winning score. Great to be a Cleveland fan sometimes.

San Diego at Kansas City San Diego. I like them here because i think their running back is better, I think their defense will surprise, and i think Drew Brees is a solid quarterback who will really come into his own this year.

Houston at Miami Miami. As painful as it is for me to say. Honestly, what are the redeeming qualities of the Dolphins?

St. Louis at NY Giants NY Giants. All this talk about the Rams will putter out considerably once the Giants(with minimal contributions from Shockey) trounce them.

Atlanta at Dallas Atlanta. They did pretty well when Doug Johnson was running the team last year right? And that was without Peerless Price. And Dallas sucks.

Chicago at San Francisco San Francisco. Terrell Owens should have a big game. That and Chicago wont snap out of last years funk til they play at Soldier Field again. And then only for about 3 games.

New Orleans at Seattle New Orleans. This team has a considerable amount of offensive talent. Stallworth looked impressive before his injury last year, and McCallister should continue to improve.

Oakland at Tennessee Tennessee. I hate Oakland, theyre good, but i hate them. This game is in Tennesse, therefore, Titans win.

THE MONDAY NIGHTER:
Tampa Bay at Philadelphia Tampa Bay. The offense is going to come out smoking for the first quarter and a half, the Eagles are going to slowly make it a game, then Tampa's D will turn it up and shut em' down when it counts.

Starscream's Ghost

Starscream's Ghost

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Jacksonville at Carolina

Arizona at Detroit

Minnesota at Green Bay

Baltimore at Pittsburgh

New England at Buffalo

Denver at Cincinnati

San Diego at Kansas City

Houston at Miami

St. Louis at NY Giants

Atlanta at Dallas

Chicago at San Francisco

New Orleans at Seattle

Oakland at Tennessee

THE MONDAY NIGHTER:

Joey Ramone

Joey Ramone

never forget

• Members
  • 11,577 posts
WEEK ONE

Jacksonville at Carolina

Arizona at Detroit

Minnesota at Green Bay

Baltimore at Pittsburgh

New England at Buffalo

Denver at Cincinnati

San Diego at Kansas City

Houston at Miami

St. Louis at NY Giants

Atlanta at Dallas

Chicago at San Francisco

New Orleans at Seattle

Oakland at Tennessee

THE MONDAY NIGHTER:

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
HA HA! My Boys beat the Pack 30-25....Oh yeah, the golden QB in the north threw 4 Int's...

GO VIKINGS!!!

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Viking's almost blew it though, you don't let Green Bay come back like they did, they're lucky they didn't have enough time for another drive, if they had I bet the Packers would've pulled it out. I like the Vikings though so I'm not complaining. :) The 3 INTs (2 if you consider the first one wasn't his fault) Plummer threw in the Den/Cinci game really has me worried. The Bengals are just about the only team in the league who is unable to capitalize off of three turnovers...any other team will. If this happens in San Diego next week Denver will lose even if Portis has another great game. thumbs_d

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
I can't believe Huston beat Miami...I'd say that is the upset of the week...i mean it was 21-20 laugh d*mn thats unlucky

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,813 posts

Sir RamaLamaDingDong:
HA HA! My Boys beat the Pack 30-25....Oh yeah, the golden QB in the north threw 4 Int's...

GO VIKINGS!!!

:mad: :mad:

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts

Sir RamaLamaDingDong:
I can't believe Huston beat Miami...I'd say that is the upset of the week...i mean it was 21-20   laugh   d*mn thats unlucky

I said it'd be close! Now if only I'd have picked Houston to actually win it, I'd have looked a lot smarter... :)

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts

Jason Solo:
I said it'd be close!  Now if only I'd have picked Houston to actually win it, I'd have looked a lot smarter

Check above - I said 27-24 Miami in OT. :rolleyes: Posted Image

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

Sith Lord of Crystal Lake

• 4,419 posts

Sir RamaLamaDingDong:
I can't believe Huston beat Miami...

Unbelievable. The Texans have never lost a season opener! (drumroll)

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,813 posts

Lord Darth Hunter:

Lord Darth Hunter:
I can't believe Huston beat Miami...

Unbelievable. The Texans have never lost a season opener!

well, being that they've only been in existence for two nfl seasons...

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,813 posts
Results:

DMC: 11-4

JS: 9-6

Prim: 6-3 (being that you didn't get all of your picks in)

DP: 10-5

Sir: 7-8

Met: 11-4

3&6: 9-6

Otanku: 10-5

j_l: 10-5

S Ghost: 10-5

Joey: 7-8

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,147 posts
Yeah, 9-6. I'll take it. Congrats Met & DMC! Now, onto Week 2.

Primbud

Primbud

Good For You

• Members
  • 72,824 posts
Thanx for the compilation DMC. Will you be doing that for more weeks??

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,813 posts
you mean, adding up the tallies and such?? yes, i will. i'll do it every tuesday morning, after the monday nite game. :)