Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

X-Men 3: The Last Stand (Pics, Clips & Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
616 replies to this topic

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,544 posts
Ooo, that is sneaky.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Juggernaught looks stupid in those stills. He looks like a cgi "Small Soldier".

tom curtis

tom curtis

• Banned Users
  • 258 posts
one thing that will always anger me about the x films is that every other superhero movie from marvel and dc pretty much stays loyal to the character's costumes in the comics.Such cool costumes are going to waste in favor of raggy leather jackets and laziness..I mean would it really be that hard to give juggernaut his real helmet.imagine how cool it would be to see jean in the dark phoenix costume.

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

'Member' of the Month.

• Members
  • 6,892 posts
Colors and outfit designs that work in illustrations do not often translate well in reality.

tom curtis

tom curtis

• Banned Users
  • 258 posts
Meh,they made spiderman look good and batman look decent.I realize wolverine would look pretty dumb in costume but someone like cyclops or rogue or jean grey...their costumes aren't over the top and would translate...it doesn't really matter I guess in a way it's more realistic to have groups of persecuted and hunted mutants running around in leather and scrubby clothing than in masks and armor

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I was talking more about Juggies muscles. They look fake in the stills.

tom curtis

tom curtis

• Banned Users
  • 258 posts
I'm sure jugz and colossus will be clashing on screen,hopefully rubber suit vs. cgi steel meshes together.

Padawan_Learner

Padawan_Learner

Ich singe bis der Tag erwacht

• Members
  • 15,298 posts
I'm hella excited about this one. *watches trailer again*

basil

basil

• Banned Users
  • 14,855 posts
That's a really good trailer!

...of course, it should be: It's a rip-off of Matrix 2's teaser, which was also badass.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,654 posts

SleepinGiant:
I always hated Callisto in the comics so a revamp like this is fine by me!

Checked out the IMDB casting. Dang, forgot Omega Red is in this. But I can't spot him in the trailer.

Oh snap! Didn't know that two Power Pack members appear in the movie!

Callisto has the vest.. I wonde rif her and sotrm will fight.. I always liked the 80's punk rock storm better..

And Power Pack!? But they weren't even mutants!

SleepinGiant

SleepinGiant

cinenut

• Members
  • 6,524 posts

quote:

Originally posted by Tank:

And Power Pack!? But they weren't even mutants!

Mahbad. Two Power Pack associates, Leech and Artie, who are mutants.

Didn't know Emma Frost is in this too.

Lobot 2.0

Lobot 2.0

• Members
  • 550 posts
Shouldn't Juggernaut be bigger? The rest looks good though. I wasn't really liking the background music though. Reminds me more of Smirnoff comercial than a movie trailer.

SleepinGiant

SleepinGiant

cinenut

• Members
  • 6,524 posts
If Juggernaut was any bigger, he might as well be The Blob.

Johnny Lemonhead

Johnny Lemonhead

2 Down, 15 to Go

• Banned Users
  • 837 posts
Eh? Juggernaut's "muscles" remind me of that skit from SNL when they spoofed Aaron Neville by using fake muscles. I bet Juggernaut likes rubbing cocoa butter on them to accentuate his skin colour and tone.

Skatetrooper

Skatetrooper

• Members
  • 797 posts
Looks crazy, that stuff with the people fighting by the white picket fences looks like the neighbourhood where my grandmother used to live.

SleepinGiant

SleepinGiant

cinenut

• Members
  • 6,524 posts

quote:

Originally posted by Skatetrooper:
Looks crazy, that stuff with the people fighting by the white picket fences looks like the neighbourhood where my grandmother used to live.

That would be funny if they were fighting in front of Iceman's house again. Those poor parents couldn't get a break.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Sigh... After Singer jumped ship to Superman, I feared that X3 was lost. Thankfully, everything appears at the moment to be secured. Let's just hope this is Ratner in RED DRAGON form than Ratner in RUSH HOUR form.

DML

DML

• Members
  • 10,830 posts
I'm gonna laugh if X3 turns out to be better than Superman and on top of that turns out to be the best X-Men movie.

basil

basil

• Banned Users
  • 14,855 posts

clone of lucas:
Sigh... After Singer jumped ship to Superman, I feared that X3 was lost. Thankfully, everything appears at the moment to be secured. Let's just hope this is Ratner in RED DRAGON form than Ratner in RUSH HOUR form.

What does that mean? Both movies are excellent.

Or are you saying that someone can't be good at directing more than one genre of film? Cause I got a whole list of directors who are very good at a number of genres.

SleepinGiant

SleepinGiant

cinenut

• Members
  • 6,524 posts

quote:

Originally posted by basil:
Cause I got a whole list of directors who are very good at a number of genres.

Hey, I'm interested!

Let's see the list--Though I think it's best for a new thread to see it than here.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
I just wouldn't mind seeing a Return of the Jedi conclusion to a great trilogy rather than a Matrix Revolutions conclusion. That's really what it comes down to.

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

'Member' of the Month.

• Members
  • 6,892 posts
You know, I was thinking...

Aside from the lot of us who know all about the story, it's gotta be weird for the casual audience watching this trailer and seeing Jean Grey walking around all over the place?!?

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,654 posts
I think they tease the ressurection well.

Cyclops screaming at the lake where she died...

Her on the table, with Wolverine standing over her (a cool reversal from an X1 trailer moment)...

Her walking out of the room...

They might be more confused as to why she's chillin with Magento

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
The trailer is not working for me. Anyone know of anywhere else that has downloadable files of the trailer?

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts

Blade Runner:
You know, I was thinking...

Aside from the lot of us who know all about the story, it's gotta be weird for the casual audience watching this trailer and seeing Jean Grey walking around all over the place?!?

I was thinking the casual audience would be too busy oggling over that nice shot of her from behind walking out of the infirmary. I like short shorts. yes