Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

X-Men 3: The Last Stand (Pics, Clips & Spoilers)

616 replies to this topic

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• 15,236 posts
I watched this again recently, I have sort of a dual reaction to it now.

On one hand, it is a pretty cool movie that does everything that you'd expect a fun Summer movie to do. It builds up to a pretty cool ending which is pretty satisfying. On the other hand, Summer movies don't really work like that anymore. Sure, you have to have action and appeal to as many denominators as possible, but you also have to be deep and interesting. Summer movies have multiple layers these days, you can't just wow us with special effects, you also have to have a deep story and this movie just doesn't have that. It's too simple and its existance really only deserves one viewing. After that, it's boring and repetitive. And I must imagine that it must be utterly stooooopid to anyone who is even just a little more than the casual X-Men fan.

Seriously, some parts are just one notch up from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I think we've all grown to expect more than that.

Dom

Dom

Proper Rogue

• Members
  • 5,394 posts

hummm,very interesting what you sayed man,but..one more thing..yesterday ive seen the x-men 2 again, and in the beggining(in the scene when we first see pyro and frozen man(i know the name is other, but ive forgoth),thart scene that Xavier stops the time..ok,there ive seen him stoping the time, and in the 3rd movie, in that part of the phoenix vs xavier batle(in the end of the battle), the time..stoped again..

was this time stop ability??

Xavier didn't stop time, he just froze everyone mentally.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
So I bought the DVD despite thinking it was slightly above mediocre because it at least finishes the story in a way that though I don't agree with it, it's somewhat satisfactory. At least that Simpson clip from the movie was funny. And I couldn't believe how much Ian looked like bin Laden in that deleted scene. I laughed hard at that! :lol:

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
Saw it for the first time as well, because of all the negative reviews, and I liked it. Kinda short, but over all, a good flick. I saw mostly everything comming, no real surprises, even the scene after the credits, I saw that coming because they spent a good 3 minutes explaining that body in the movie, and then never bring it back up.

Link

Link

The Terrible Secret of Space

• Admin
  • 6,448 posts
I got the DVD the other day. The deleted scenes and alternate endings didn't really add anything, so I guess that's why they were scrapped. Same movie. Same experience. I still think it's a great movie for what it is. I guess same as everyone else, I just would have liked to see Bryan Singer complete his own trilogy. Ratner did well with what he was handed, though. He's just a different sort of director. Meh.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
I think Ratner could have done well with the universe if it hadn't already been established the way it had been, in a realistic world where it was treated as real as possible. I think the problem was more with the script and Fox than anything else. Ratner gets a pass from me.

The B Man

The B Man

King of Wishful Thinking

• Members
  • 6,364 posts
so all I gotta say about this movie is...

DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! IM THE JUGGERNAT *****!

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
:unimpressed:

sigh...

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
Bman = awesome

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,328 posts
That deleted scene where the Juggernaut says "Here's Juggy!!" was awful, awful, AWFUL. Thank God it wasn't in the movie.

Link

Link

• Admin
  • 6,448 posts
I don't really think any of those deleted scenes or alternates deserved to be in the movie. They definitely put out the best of what they filmed.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,176 posts
If that's the best they could do those scenes must REALLY suck.

Link

Link

• Admin
  • 6,448 posts
It's actually a pretty good action flick. I understand most people's gripes about it fudging up the story Bryan Singer had intended, but as for the movie sucking... I don't agree with that at all.

DarthAl

DarthAl

• Members
  • 2,073 posts
Just saw it for the first time this weekend. Overall, it was cool. I'm not a comic-book reader just a fan of the movies, except for that p#@@y Spiderman can't stand him or those crap-fest films!

I did think that X3 had some plot holes that weren't answered. And the already mentioned chessy dialougue. The characters who die was fine with me, though i'm assuming that's not how they die in the comics??..is it???

DarthAl

DarthAl

• Members
  • 2,073 posts
I saw the final scene after the final credits, so how did he end up brain dead anyway?

The Red Aaron

The Red Aaron

• Members
  • 463 posts
I think professor X says he was born without any higher level brain function.

I had a few questions about the movie. Why did magneto keep wearing that stupid helmet after Charles died and why didn't Charles just use Cerebro to control Jean?

Also i enjoyed the scene where Jean takes the metal coffee cup and turns it into a ball of light, and tortures the camp witht he shock waves, that was cool!

Link

Link

• Admin
  • 6,448 posts
That's the scene they should have kept in the movie. And you bring up some interesting points.

Reply to this topic