Back To The Future...

jason rellik

• 2 weeks later...

These were on my teevee over the weekend and I happened to tune in at the end of I and the start of II.

Why did they re-shoot the entire opening sequence for part II? I never noticed it before-but this time, I was watching Jennifer's hair-wondering about the curls and in the beginning of Part II, her hair's totally different! Why wouldn't they just use the same footage from the first movie as the whole thing was intended as a re-cap anyway?

Yeah, I'd wager that the biggest issue is that there's a different actress in the role. That'd be like them keeping all the scenes with Eric Stoltz and then just adding Michael J Fox for the new scenes.

Nothing gets past Tami.

Nothing = most things

Also they recapped 3 minutes because it had been 6 years since the original. And they wanted to establish a new POV with Biff seeing the Delorean take off so in the future his decision to steal the time machine wasn't totally pulled from his ass.

Nothing gets past Tami.

Nothing = most things

Also they recapped 3 minutes because it had been 6 years since the original. And they wanted to establish a new POV with Biff seeing the Delorean take off so in the future his decision to steal the time machine wasn't totally pulled from his ass.

I guess I should have watched the 2 segments from the different films years ago. CHRIST, it's not as if I'm a filmmaker and analyze every second of

every film I see. In what I do, if you have a :60 spot and only the last :10 is different on the revision, you just do the revised part

and edit. And I've heard they do that editing thing with films, too, so just wondered. Seth, just ignore everything I type unless I ask you something

directly, okay? Then maybe you won't be annoyed with every ****ing thing I say.

I never liked the extra pause Doc takes in the BTTF II recap after Marty asks him if they are jerks in the future. The "We don't need roads" line doesn't sound as good, either! That makes me wonder, why do they sometimes use a different take for movie previews? Like, in the trailer for the first Hellboy, there's the scene where he yells out "You missed!" to a creature but then in the movie, he only says it softly. What's up with that?

Trailers are usually due to the studio early in the process, and are edited as their own thing. So a lot of times a editor or director might like a certain read for the trailer, when it's just a short snippet, but in the actual scene it may not feel right.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.